Jordan

PvP Changes (Classic)

2 hours ago, Jordan said:

Just as an update to this thread as I didn't get a chance to update/create a new thread.

I have came up with an initial list of changes to be made.I am aiming for the end of the month but I cannot say for 100% it will be ready by then.

The initial change list will be as follows and if anyone wants to give any input on these changes then you're welcome to but most of these changes came from this thread in some form or another or other threads.

• 3v3 Changes
    • Small HP Adjustments.
    • Disable Class Change during the match (Still will be enabled before and between rounds).
    • Will investigate friendly pets being targeted using tab (This is something that will come after everything else).
  • 3v3 Things to Watch
    • Impact of Healing Classes (Specifically with the minor HP Adjustments).
    • Impact of Immunity Potions.
  • 10v10 Changes
    • Small HP Adjustments.
    • Disable Class Change during the match (Still will be enabed before and between rounds).
    • Reduce the round timer to 5 mins.
    • Implement a Wave Based Spawn System that every 15/20 seconds will respawn all players who are currently dead at the same spawn point on the map.
    • Update the Ormormu buffs to be none removable by Buff Removal skills (e.g. Purifying Wind).
    • Will investigate friendly pets being targeted using tab (This is something that will come after everything else).

Now I would like to state that these changes will be implemented as an initial step. Once the changes are implemented we will then see how they sit and then create any other changes to improve the quality of these specific PvP modes.

For the 10v10 reviving, can you make it so buffs do not remove invincibility when you've respawned? I think this is an issue now since we'll use non-combat spells upon respawn and die/start dying.

the side effect of the change in arenas w/ players being unable to class swap at the end for medals is unfortunate. most people are pretty much only motivated to do arena for medals for gear, and arena activity has drastically decreased since the change was implemented. people just aren't queueing for stuff anymore. i would support reverting the change back, as i would rather do arena with *ahem* certain player(s) sleeping -> reviving every once in a while than no one doing arena at all, and not being able to farm medals if a match happens.

there have been no 10v10 matches this ranking period, some of that obviously being owed to the current low activity on classic while we wait for new content, but others who would otherwise do 10v10 are not even trying because they can't farm the medals they need for upcoming 70 gear. last month i had rank 1 for 10v10 with 70-80ish wins and with there not even being a single match this month that is a drastic difference. i enjoy doing arena for both the pvp aspect and the currency rewards and hope that the change is reverted soon so that farming becomes easier again and players have more incentive to queue.

edit: here was last month's 10v10 ranking:

3194d20f08.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1