PvP Changes (Awaken)

Jordan

• VGN GM

Information

Hey everyone, I've been talking to a couple of people and after some of the hype around the activity in PvP (Specifically 3v3 and 10v10) in the Classic server I heard that there was a day where people tried to revive it in Awaken. I believe if we make some changes towards these modes specifically we could maybe make it more enjoyable for players and to make it more active.

So I'm opening a discussion on suggestions on what people think should and shouldn't be changed about the PvP. This isn't limited to just 3v3 and 10v10 but just generally PvP across the board on the Awaken server.

I'm going to bring up some initial points that either I have came up with myself or that others have suggested to me in the hopes that we could bring up some discussions on what could be changed to improve the quality and enjoyability of PvP.

I do want to state clearly. This is not a thread to suggest class balancing.

Territory War / Guild Wars concerns and suggestions

I've recieved a number of complaints that most of the active TW's on this server and GvG's end up becoming a capping fest where instead of people contesting and fighting most people op'd to just running around capping. Now a simple HP change helped against this a bit, but overall it didn't really have an overall change to this problem. So I'm asking the community on what they think would be some good changes to be made that could encourage fighting more and contesting crystals more during a match. Bring back the PvP elements of this mode rather than it being PvE.

Please if you have any other concerns about this mode you are welcome to put those issues and suggestions forward too.

Elysian Island

I recently revamped the island for the Classic server for its release which included several changes. Some of these changes include:

• Disabled Arena related gear.
  • Disabled Battle Pets.
  • Disabled Friendly Fire (Like on awaken) but additionally fixed the remaining issues with it (Not available on awaken right now).
  • Revamped Boss rewards.
  • Added some new rewards.
  • Updated and tweaked how the bosses are spawned within the island.
  • Fixed the boss spawning bug.

Now I will state now that we cannot just copy and paste these changes over and call it job done, but it would be definatly some things to consider adding to the awaken version. However, I have a vision to completely revamp the island on awaken, make it unique to the Awaken server and make it fun and something that people enjoy and wait for it to open (Like with TW). I hope that we can figure something out together.

I think if any changes are made we would change the island back to being 3-4 times a week. However, this would give us room to add more desirable rewards that will make people not only want to participate but also feel rewarded for doing so.

So please put any and all suggestions below 😁

Temple Arena

Similar to Elysian I feel like this PvP could actually be something that people get online and think "Yes! It's Temple Arena day", something that people will make sure to be online for and queue up. Now I know my hopes are high but I really think this mode could be made great and not just how it is now, a trophy farm. Now here is some initial changes that come to mind:

• HP changes to the bosses or player stat caps like on Normal Class TW.
  • Removal of Tower Potions.
  • Revamped Rewards.

We could disable any sorts of arena gears that may or may not be enabled during this mode (I can't remember if they are or not). Along with this maybe add some upgraded trophies as we've had in the current and past few content patches that could respark something to gain from this mode. We could also create some new stuff to make the mode generally more fun for players.

Like Elysian I think this mode would have to be only opened a couple times a week. So maybe the two modes can alternate and then on one of the weekend days have them both open. Again I'm open for suggestions on this as this mode specifically I'm the most uneducated on since I didn't really enjoy this mode myself so unlike Elysian/3v3/10v10/TW I never really played this mode.

3 v 3 Specific Points

This would be the target mode for the most changes as this is the easiest one to make active as it only requires 6 people to queue at once. Now I've had the following suggestions that I'd like your thoughts on:

• HP Increase
    • This would require us to lower the healing done in this arena. As it will become a pool noodle fight or make healers far too overpowered.
  • Removal of Arena gears
    • This may or may not be possible as unlike Classic they where removed from the game from day 1. However, I can try my best to see if removing them is a viable option. There is also the option of nerfing just the enchants specifically if that is something people would prefer or as an alternative.
  • Limit the match to Normal Classes only.
    • This is not something we can have a normal class queue for an a none normal class queue for. Unfortunatly its either normal class only or both. However, there is a lot of balancing merits to limiting it to normal classes only.
  • New map from one of the other games or another map from Eden Eternal.
    • This is just something to freshen up the experiance. We could even have rotating maps so each month the map updates to keep things new and fresh. We could even pick some slightly bigger maps (Maybe 10v10 size) and add some other gameplay elements too like reviving and crystal capping and such. There is a lot of things we can do with it but it will require your input to find the correct direction.

One change that will be made when changes have been made is the removal of it being open all day. The issue with all day is although its nice for all timezones, it stunts the queue as people will queue when they feel like queuing and not be forced into a funnel of when queuing is allowed. This change I feel is vital to get a fun and active queue again.

10 v 10 Specific Points

I would like to first state that all the points from 3v3 can also be applied here. They're somewhat interchangable and if anything more relevant to 10v10 than 3v3.

One idea I did have though is maybe we could change this into a bit more of an event than just a kill match. Maybe turn it into a mini TW or something, maybe based on TW 1.0 where you had attackers and defenders. I feel like there is a lot we can do with this mode to revamp it entirely.

I would like to point out we could also turn it into a 5v5 arena if anything else but I would like to hear your thoughts on this.

Monster Battle Arena Specific Points

I made some balance changes to Classic which if people are interested in could be applied to Monster Battle Arena. Click Here to review the changes made!

Now this arena is the one I'm hesitant on changing as for almost the entire life span of this server I don't think this arena has every been active. However, if people are interested in changes we can make some. One change I was suggested was adding some of our custom bosses to the roster of bosses in MBA. This could help bring some life to the arena for sure.

I would love to hear peoples thoughts on this.

Overall Changes

I would like to reinvent the PvP of this server, especially the none guild based ones. I would like feedback on what people would like to see. One of the more important things would be rewards. Here is somethings I've thought of and I'd like to know what people think:

• Eternal Coins on the ranking.
  • War Stones more accessible to players (Via Elysian and Temple Arena mainly).
  • Eden Crystals (NT) or Eden Crystal Fragments scattered around.
  • Maybe a custom exclusive pet like the Guards from Haven of Oblivion.
  • Maybe a custom costume or mount similar to Ormormu that is exclusive to be earned from the arena.
  • Maybe even some materials from DoS or DSR that can be used to upgrade potions and stuff.

Other things to think about other than rewards:

• Overall removal of arena gears.
  • Overall removal of Pets from battle mode.
  • The inclusion of Normal Classes only.
  • HP Changes and the impact of healing.
  • Things other than rewards that would make you want to participate.

I just want to state again that this topic is not here to dicuss class balance changes. I also don't want to hear about guild drama and player drama on this thread. So keep it relevant. If someone gives there opinion about an item that they feel ruins PvP or you don't agree with a change they put forward then you can give a pleasent counter point and that would be the end of the discussion. We do not need back and fourths on this thread nore do we need people attacking each other on this thread. This thread is to improve the experiance for you all so please take it serious and please be nice and respect everyones opinion.

Unlike the Classic version of this post I feel like most changes here are a lot more impactful and overall bigger. So I would like you all to respect my time and expect a slow roll out of changes. Whether it be 1 mode at a time or changes to all modes in one big patch. Either way this could be a 1-2 week process or a 1 month process. Just please be respectful of my time and each other. Thank you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hello there
my ideas, suggestions are:
TW/GvG
Reduce the number of participants for each guild from 50 to 40 or even 30 players.
Try to balance the guild confrontations (I'm not talking about what Jordan was doing every week to choose which side each guild will be on) but rather do it every month. For the GvG it's complicated.

Elysian Island
I'm all for disabling PvP equipment, Pet in combat.
We can totally rework the rewards like the classic. I find the classic rewards much more interesting than the basic rewards.
We can rework the bosses, I think given the current level of the server we can and try to make the bosses more fun.

Temple Arena

• HP changes to the bosses or player stat caps like on Normal Class TW.
  • Removal of Tower Potions.
  • Revamped Rewards.

Just YES ! 

I would also like the preparation time to be reduced from 4 minutes to 2 minutes. This does not help and gives us more time to participate.
As far as player stats, I honestly don't know. It's a good idea, but we have to see if we include the same rules as TW Normal or not.

3v3
HP Increase
sometimes you have to wait more than five minutes to see a fight that doesn't make sense. I think that at first only reducing the round time to 5 minutes could be a good thing.
Removal of Arena gears
I've never liked Arena gears, I find them disadvantageous. So yes let's take them off, even if it's not possible, but try to take them off little by little.
Limit the match to Normal Classes only.
I think it would be more interesting to have a new Arena 3v3 Normal class especially for this.
New map from one of the other games or another map from Eden Eternal.
Let's keep the current map for now.
But I like the idea, but I was thinking more about having a new map and having it change during the weekend, a little bit like the TW maps.

10v10
I rather agree with the idea, I was thinking more of "Capture the Flag" where players have to defend the flag, or else yes a mini TW, or even the early TW would be fine!
You have to change the map though, avoid the big walls where you can hit through.

And this could last 15 minutes in 1 single round?

In general I am against all arena equipment in PvP instances, I am also against the use of Pet in combat.

Reworking the reward package would be a good thing.
I don't know how the rewards will be, but like what we did for the classic, I think it's a good idea.
Add a Pet Exclusive, a Mount, but yes!
And even we can do more, and add special Costumes and even a Title. Which will be exchangeable for a new item, or Honor Star, I don't know.
For the Costumes, I was saying that we could add Treasure versions of the Cosmetics from the classes we put on the classic. And with the Vendetta Upgrade Stone we could turn them into Legendary.

PS: I was also thinking of adding new buff as for the first of the 1v1 Ranking (without the Class logo) Except maybe for the 3v3.

Edited by Herakles
  • Like 2

Tbh, since when i went back to playing pvp on the awk server, i was very dissatisfied with the way the crystals are broken, just people who run to the crystal and attack until they die, there is no strategy or gameplay... I believe that a simple hp increase in crystals will not solve it cuz the damage is usually based on the amount -resist/def stacked. My suggestion is add a buff to the crystal, just like the 95 trial bosses, that removes all debuffs every second.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Herakles said:

Reduce the number of participants for each guild from 50 to 40 or even 30 players.

Theres no guild that can really put 30 players on pvp map and theres alot players that have a alt as couple or get some alt to buff party... I mean, the numbers of real players in gvg map is actually fake. Its seems a waste of dev time.

• Like 1

GvG
Reduce the number of players to 30, increase resistance and HP of crystals, decrease the consumption of crystals (there are gvg that end in 3 minutes, they do not give the opposing team time to react because they have lost the 5 crystals)
TW
This is more difficult because it depends on which guilds are on each side, a serious idea on the totem map (shura in tw awak is useless), grant an aura (buff) of 50m, granting allies protection and attack to be able to retake the crystals. On the whale map, let her break the 1 hit crystal, have reflection, and instant kill.
3v3 10v10
I like the idea of changing the map, with random respawn, pet off, no charms, less time per round, the idea of a mini tw fascinated me, maybe an attack / defend the crystal in x time mode, the team that made faster wins.
TA
We only use it to collect trophies, an idea, for each victory you get 1 fragment, collecting 20 fragments you get a charm to update the trophy of choice to lvl100 with a small improvement in statistics.
MBA
Maybe implement the classic thing (I don't play this arena)
EI
I never saw this mode as pvp, they only played it for the rewards.

The rewards must be, not tradeable, furniture and pets I like the idea, titles.
Sorry for my bad english.
Gl Hf

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jordan said:

Territory War / Guild Wars concerns and suggestions

I've recieved a number of complaints that most of the active TW's on this server and GvG's end up becoming a capping fest where instead of people contesting and fighting most people op'd to just running around capping. Now a simple HP change helped against this a bit, but overall it didn't really have an overall change to this problem. So I'm asking the community on what they think would be some good changes to be made that could encourage fighting more and contesting crystals more during a match. Bring back the PvP elements of this mode rather than it being PvE.

Please if you have any other concerns about this mode you are welcome to put those issues and suggestions forward too.

GVG/TW/GA: I second adding a buff on crystals that proc every 3/5 seconds that remove all debuffs on it, think it would discourage the solo capping and would prolong crystal life

3v3: There's a queue system in place for dungeons in game right now that lets you declare your queue class as either a tank, dps or healer, if there is a way maybe this can be implemented so that both sides will be "equal" in terms of class numbers, but personally I really liked the old 3v3 system (without the class changing inside) because you went inside not knowing who you got on your team (maybe just reduce the round time from 5 minutes to like a minute thirty).

Elysian Island

I recently revamped the island for the Classic server for its release which included several changes. Some of these changes include:

• Disabled Battle Pets.
  • Disabled Friendly Fire (Like on awaken) but additionally fixed the remaining issues with it (Not available on awaken right now).
  • Revamped Boss rewards.

Now I will state now that we cannot just copy and paste these changes over and call it job done, but it would be definatly some things to consider adding to the awaken version. However, I have a vision to completely revamp the island on awaken, make it unique to the Awaken server and make it fun and something that people enjoy and wait for it to open (Like with TW). I hope that we can figure something out together.

I think if any changes are made we would change the island back to being 3-4 times a week. However, this would give us room to add more desirable rewards that will make people not only want to participate but also feel rewarded for doing so.

So please put any and all suggestions below 😁

Elysian Island: This was a lot of fun back in main server, if boss and mini-boss rewards could be revamped I think there will be a lot more incentive in doing it. Plus I disagree that EI was done mainly for bosses cause it was a lot of fun getting a party inside just to prevent people from getting the hit on bosses to get a drop hehe

Monster Battle Arena Specific Points

I made some balance changes to Classic which if people are interested in could be applied to Monster Battle Arena. Click Here to review the changes made!

Now this arena is the one I'm hesitant on changing as for almost the entire life span of this server I don't think this arena has every been active. However, if people are interested in changes we can make some. One change I was suggested was adding some of our custom bosses to the roster of bosses in MBA. This could help bring some life to the arena for sure.

I would love to hear peoples thoughts on this.

I feel like mba was a fun arena in that it didn't matter how much or how little gear you had, also getting to use monster skills was a plus. I think instead of class medals that you get per win, you getting maybe a gift bag with maybe like EC fragments, EP or ccm inside would be a better incentive since MBA itself is not really class dependent.

• Like 1

i ll add one equation to crystal related type of fights:    if a guild? / side? owns 50%+ of total number of crystals in a map, they will receive +8% or +10% or +15% DMG taken .       This way the "leading" guild can be taken down, and we will have cyclical dynamical pvp, the more crystals one have the harder is to maintain them.     This requires some list of people and guilds and who owns current crystal statuses etc.

• Like 1

TW

The problems with the crystals are:

1.- There is no way to defend the crystals. This could be solved by adding a buff to the crystal that increases the resistances (more players = more resistances), so the other side should kill the players first (The buff should only be applied to the crystal by the guild at the top of the crystal list).

2.- When there is only a few people on 1 side. This could be solved by making the crystals faster to kill when there are no owners around and also making the rays stronger in a way that they destroy the crystals and players easier, so even the guilds from the same side have a chance to get points.

Arena 3 vs 3

I dont think that arena needs a big change maybe just increase the hp and also i woudnt like to have that arena for normal classes only. Maybe there could be a normal class arena and an awaken class arena.

I would like to have pets on arenas to make the fights more interesting maybe just to disable the CC from pets. The reason for this is that disable pets for arenas will make pets more useless in combat. Pets are not really a problem these days because they dont even make enough damage to kill someone

I dont like the idea of having crystals on arenas it will just bring the problems from TW to arenas.

Also if we are having an hp increase there is no need to lower heals. The reason is that some classes have % healing and so the healing for those skills will increase. Also lower heals will make classes with not a really good heal skill useless and it could also make not affordable to go, which means less classes on arenas.

I think the way to make arenas more active is giving us a reason to go like making it needed for getting points to go GvG or any other idea.

• Like 1

• VGN GM
3 hours ago, Herakles said:

TW/GvG
Try to balance the guild confrontations (I'm not talking about what Jordan was doing every week to choose which side each guild will be on) but rather do it every month. For the GvG it's complicated.

I dont think this would change things as things stand at the moment.

Elysian Island
We can totally rework the rewards like the classic. I find the classic rewards much more interesting than the basic rewards.
We can rework the bosses, I think given the current level of the server we can and try to make the bosses more fun.

The only issue is deciding on what should be on the rewards. This is an across the board problem. Maybe there could be a new type of Honor Stars limited to only the PvP mode with some exclusive costumes or mounts or something.

Temple Arena

I would also like the preparation time to be reduced from 4 minutes to 2 minutes. This does not help and gives us more time to participate.
As far as player stats, I honestly don't know. It's a good idea, but we have to see if we include the same rules as TW Normal or not.

There may be a reason it was set to 4 mins. Maybe map initialization. I'd have to see.

The stat was mainly to reflect the kinds of stats you'd have at that level but would require gear caps too. It was just an idea and only really would work if limited to Normal Classes now that I think about it.

3v3

HP Increase
sometimes you have to wait more than five minutes to see a fight that doesn't make sense. I think that at first only reducing the round time to 5 minutes could be a good thing.
Removal of Arena gears
I've never liked Arena gears, I find them disadvantageous. So yes let's take them off, even if it's not possible, but try to take them off little by little.
Limit the match to Normal Classes only.
I think it would be more interesting to have a new Arena 3v3 Normal class especially for this.
New map from one of the other games or another map from Eden Eternal.
Let's keep the current map for now.
But I like the idea, but I was thinking more about having a new map and having it change during the weekend, a little bit like the TW maps.

HP increase was just to make the match last long. Healing would need to be nerfed for this to fix the balance but I think having a longer match gives a lot of room for fun. However, class changing might need be disabled during the match so people dont smoke bomb change class too much.

10v10

I rather agree with the idea, I was thinking more of "Capture the Flag" where players have to defend the flag, or else yes a mini TW, or even the early TW would be fine!
You have to change the map though, avoid the big walls where you can hit through.

And this could last 15 minutes in 1 single round?

I could make capture the flag. But yeh I agree you'd need a bigger map for this for sure.

• VGN GM
2 hours ago, Mozz said:

Tbh, since when i went back to playing pvp on the awk server, i was very dissatisfied with the way the crystals are broken, just people who run to the crystal and attack until they die, there is no strategy or gameplay... I believe that a simple hp increase in crystals will not solve it cuz the damage is usually based on the amount -resist/def stacked. My suggestion is add a buff to the crystal, just like the 95 trial bosses, that removes all debuffs every second.

Not a bad suggestion actually. The issue always becomes the smaller guilds. The smaller guilds will struggle to make an impact. Maybe a solution to this could be to make it have a duration so like till 1 min after being capped or something. I'm not sure but definatly not a bad suggestion.

2 hours ago, zitorak said:

GvG
Reduce the number of players to 30, increase resistance and HP of crystals, decrease the consumption of crystals (there are gvg that end in 3 minutes, they do not give the opposing team time to react because they have lost the 5 crystals)

They already have high HP and resistance. I think this is a player difference to be honest. Do people take more than 30 people to GvG right now? Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to have some sort of DMG reduction based on the enemies numbers. So if the enemy guild bring 30 people it gets 30% damage reduction or something but if they bring 15 people its only 10% or something smaller. Might help balance the number difference a bit.

2 hours ago, zitorak said:

TW
This is more difficult because it depends on which guilds are on each side, a serious idea on the totem map (shura in tw awak is useless), grant an aura (buff) of 50m, granting allies protection and attack to be able to retake the crystals. On the whale map, let her break the 1 hit crystal, have reflection, and instant kill.
3v3 10v10
I like the idea of changing the map, with random respawn, pet off, no charms, less time per round, the idea of a mini tw fascinated me, maybe an attack / defend the crystal in x time mode, the team that made faster wins.
TA
We only use it to collect trophies, an idea, for each victory you get 1 fragment, collecting 20 fragments you get a charm to update the trophy of choice to lvl100 with a small improvement in statistics.

All good ideas. Thats what I was suggestion with TA in having that newly added so people have something to earn in there again. I'm sure just adding some white HP and some base resistances people will call it worth and go farm them. So its not a bad idea at all.

I'm not sure about crystal protection if I'm guessing thats what you mean on totem.

14 minutes ago, Hops12 said:

GVG/TW/GA: I second adding a buff on crystals that proc every 3/5 seconds that remove all debuffs on it, think it would discourage the solo capping and would prolong crystal life

3v3: There's a queue system in place for dungeons in game right now that lets you declare your queue class as either a tank, dps or healer, if there is a way maybe this can be implemented so that both sides will be "equal" in terms of class numbers, but personally I really liked the old 3v3 system (without the class changing inside) because you went inside not knowing who you got on your team (maybe just reduce the round time from 5 minutes to like a minute thirty).

Elysian Island: This was a lot of fun back in main server, if boss and mini-boss rewards could be revamped I think there will be a lot more incentive in doing it. Plus I disagree that EI was done mainly for bosses cause it was a lot of fun getting a party inside just to prevent people from getting the hit on bosses to get a drop hehe

I do think the crystal thing is a good idea for sure.

I don't think adding pre-determined queues is something we can add. But one thing I suggested on the Classic version of this post that I missed out was maybe having the option to change class be available when in the preparation zone but then disabled in the battle arena. So you can prepare for your opponents but then you can no longer flip flop during the match with things like Smoke Bombs and invisible skills.

I'm not sure what you think of that but that might help people plan their partys a little better without having the abuse that can be done at the moment.

13 minutes ago, Stupefy said:

i ll add one equation to crystal related type of fights:    if a guild? / side? owns 50%+ of total number of crystals in a map, they will receive +8% or +10% or +15% DMG taken .       This way the "leading" guild can be taken down, and we will have cyclical dynamical pvp, the more crystals one have the harder is to maintain them.     This requires some list of people and guilds and who owns current crystal statuses etc.

If I understand you correctly you're talking about the more crystals you have the more damage to crystals the enemies have?

Cause although this isn't a bad suggestion I kinda feel like it will still encourage a cap and run play style rather than a cap and defend play style.

11 minutes ago, shakumaru said:

TW

The problems with the crystals are:

1.- There is no way to defend the crystals. This could be solved by adding a buff to the crystal that increases the resistances (more players = more resistances), so the other side should kill the players first (The buff should only be applied to the crystal by the guild at the top of the crystal list).

2.- When there is only a few people on 1 side. This could be solved by making the crystals faster to kill when there are no owners around and also making the rays stronger in a way that they destroy the crystals and players easier, so even the guilds from the same side have a chance to get points.

This isn't a bad suggestion. Maybe having some sort of damage reduction buff per player around the crystal. So if your guild owns the crystal and then you have a party on the crystal. Then its harder for them to just kill the crystal.

Where as if you have nobody around then the crystal is normal and can be capped with no issues.

I think this could work but you'd have to make the range pretty small.

13 minutes ago, shakumaru said:

Arena 3 vs 3

I dont think that arena needs a big change maybe just increase the hp and also i woudnt like to have that arena for normal classes only. Maybe there could be a normal class arena and an awaken class arena.

I would like to have pets on arenas to make the fights more interesting maybe just to disable the CC from pets. The reason for this is that disable pets for arenas will make pets more useless in combat. Pets are not really a problem these days because they dont even make enough damage to kill someone

I dont like the idea of having crystals on arenas it will just bring the problems from TW to arenas.

Also if we are having an hp increase there is no need to lower heals. The reason is that some classes have % healing and so the healing for those skills will increase. Also lower heals will make classes with not a really good heal skill useless and it could also make not affordable to go, which means less classes on arenas.

I think the way to make arenas more active is giving us a reason to go like making it needed for getting points to go GvG or any other idea.

Well the issue with your suggestion is that it used to be the only way to get into GvG and it ended up being that guilds who where active in TW didn't enjoy arena and would end up complaining that they didn't make it to GvG. This was one of the reasons the points where added to TW instead. The issue with awaken classes in arena is just how dependant they are on party setup. You have a handful of classes such as Reaver and Rifleteer that are very self-sufficient and have a lot of heals and then you have classes that don't. They are designed mostly around Party vs Party pvp and I think unless you make a banned list of classes there will be 3-5 that just dominate the other 35-37 awaken classes. Along with healers just being a busted advantage to have on ones team.

I wish there was a way I could balance them seporately within arena but sadly its not possible. Normal classes on the other hand are a lot more well tuned in the sense of although there is a clear winner and loser there isn't many that are genuinely useless.

The crystal idea was more of just a thought bubble. Like @Herakles suggested one idea could be a capture the flag in 10v10 or something. It was mainly just to suggest objective based gamemodes that aren't solely focused on a blood bath.

34 minutes ago, Stupefy said:

The players will receive more DMG taken so they will be generally slightly weakened having 2+ crystals out of 4.

22 minutes ago, Jordan said:

The only issue is deciding on what should be on the rewards. This is an across the board problem. Maybe there could be a new type of Honor Stars limited to only the PvP mode with some exclusive costumes or mounts or something.

Yes I know, I'd have to think more quietly, but the idea of adding a new type of star honor to be able to exchange them for exclusive rewards would be a good idea. Depending on the arena, there might be different rewards. I'll try to tell you more about it later.
But in the first place the Devil Soul should be only in the Elysian and not in the Temple Arena too.

44 minutes ago, Jordan said:

HP increase was just to make the match last long. Healing would need to be nerfed for this to fix the balance but I think having a longer match gives a lot of room for fun. However, class changing might need be disabled during the match so people dont smoke bomb change class too much.

YES YES YES, disabling the class change during the current round is a great idea! But yes I understand that you have to reduce the heal, the endless fights trying to kill a heal in 1v1.

44 minutes ago, Jordan said:

I could make capture the flag. But yeh I agree you'd need a bigger map for this for sure.

I would find it more fun and it would be newer than having a Mini TW, it could be more interesting, and have a new mechanics in PvP. Maybe :D

1 hour ago, Jordan said:

I'm not sure about crystal protection if I'm guessing thats what you mean on totem.

On the ice map, where you have to take the totem, in the classic server this mechanic is very useful, in the awaken server it is not, my idea is, example: the red team has the 4 crystals taken, the totem comes out and It is taken by the blue team, the player who has the shura buff gives all the blue team players 50m around an attack buff and damage reduction. That is, the players who go with the totem can easily take the crystals, but the duration of the shura should be lowered.

1 hour ago, Jordan said:

I dont think this would change things as things stand at the moment.

There may be a reason it was set to 4 mins. Maybe map initialization. I'd have to see.

The stat was mainly to reflect the kinds of stats you'd have at that level but would require gear caps too. It was just an idea and only really would work if limited to Normal Classes now that I think about it.

In 3 vs 3 you are not supposed to have a good party because they are selected randomly you dont know what are you going to get and if you dont get a good party and the other side does the match will be done you wont have a chance to win. Also making arenas only for normal classes will feel like disappointing because you are mainly building those classes. I have gotten really good fights on 3v3 and i think sometimes the problem is that people is under geared. thats why i suggested to make a normal class 3v3 and an awaken 3v3 so people will be able to choose what is more comfortable to them

Since ppl are crying about awaken classes just one shot everyone in few seconds cant we just get maybe a -dmg buff in arena to avoid one shots and get the dmg of awaken classes to the level of normal classes? For longer fights and more possibilities? And some in tw IK there is already a -dmg buff but maybe the - dmg taken can be increased abit. Shielder cant get unkillable anyways because he loses HP for his OP skill.

Territory Wars/Guild vs Guild/Guild Arena.
Crystals are one the biggest issue of these PvP modes, players prefer to cap and run around instead of fighting so my suggestion is to give us a way to make crystals tankier and opt out of capper meta. Make it so that it requires/forces people off capper classes or so that they can't solo cap a crystal nor duo cap a crystal. Another issue is that we're in debuff/-res/cc meta which is hard to control at all even with a Holy Sage and a Glacier Knight both purifying every time they can, certain CCs stack and some even go through immunity. Fears/Worms/Stuns/KDs they can all be chained and overlapped, I have had stun cert >cert>enchant proc on me in a row. KD enchant > Reaver >Paladin KD. Worm>Worm>Worm>CD>repeat. It's just outrageous for playing at all when things like this can happen. 

Normal Class TW is dead, if Garden tries others slowly quit trying even though at MAXIMUM Garden has only 6 geared players for NCTW. This TW was begged for by people that have long quit for Classic, remove this as it's useless and dead to our Awaken server.

And frankly TBH I don't think our server will have active PvP the way it used to be as we are a lot smaller community than in the past, than we've ever been in the past.

Elysian Island.

The suggestions given I think are already great, making it a working thing again will be nice for a lot of people that have wanted to do it. Pets off, friendly damage off, new rewards (this already has EC fragments and Prime Scrolls in boss rewards) so I think something NEW and not unobtainable (i.e. the rose) will be good for motivating people.

10v10/3v3/MBA.
When we managed to queue for 10v10 here, the majority of it was alts in 1 team with like 4 active people 1 of which AFK'd, 1 who alpaca'd at the start and 2 who fought vs the other 7-9 people on the other team and were winning up until someone decided to pull a spirit scar/magic blockade pet out. We're an awaken server, I don't think we should have our arenas locked into normal classes this defeats the purpose of our server and our PvP. Personally I find the class switching in there is a nice bonus, however it aids those who gear multiple classes and not the one trick mains.

My suggestions for these arenas are:

• Removal of combat pets in all arenas.
  • Make a way for us to queue up as a party, so that say a guild wants to have a 3v3 against each other or others can party up then queue.
  • Make rewards better, we can farm Honor Stars and have no need for arena sets (only 1-2 people I have seen have even bothered to make these sets and use them and even then Lv110 awakens are much better) so I for one think these sets should be removed.
  • Can you add more bosses to MBA? I think this would be a nice way to liven it up for those who enjoy it, as well as updated rewards.
  • 10v10 I'm not sure what to do about TBH, I don't think we have 20 active people for that so if you could lower the participant amount then it might be better for us to queue as 5v5 (but I guess it wouldn't be 10v10 then xD) and adjust rewards again, all arena rewards are lacking.

Temple Arena.
Removal of pots is fine, I don't think it should be gear locked or changed as it was older level content and older level content always becomes easier and we are far past the stage this was designed for gear wise. Increasing or adjusting the reward amount is up to you, but personally I think creating a whole new Temple Arena for Lv115+ would be more ideal to me and give us a way to upgrade the older trophies into newer versions, as well as give us something else to do that is on a time schedule.

Overall Changes.
I don't mind any of the rewards you have listed, but as a max level player who has nearly crafted everything on 4 characters using war stones my only use for them is Eden Crystals. But as it stands lately the altar gives me nothing to roll for and I just wait for Diamond Altars and get my hopes up when that hits. :( If possible a whole new reward would be nice to me, something like a new currency maybe that we can spend on certain items for example maybe you can make it possible to purchase pet bible/battle theory in-game at a npc with this new currency and put other misc smaller AP-only items at this NPC to give players more options with their pets. Just an example though. 

PS: It don't belong here but please make CCM more useful. 😭

• Like 4

My suggestions here will essentially just be the first thoughts that come to my head regarding ways to improve our PvP. I'll list multiple ideas for each topic, just to throw them out there and see what people think. These are not suggestions I would like all done together at the same time. Each idea stands as an individual, separate suggestion.

Territory Wars/Guild Wars

• Remove the player kills leaderboard. This does nothing but inflate the ego of people ranked high on it, and is not an accurate representation of how a player does when it comes to making an impact on the Territory War. Instead, you could use the number of kills the guild did as a whole, or some other metric to measure their performance and reward them based on that.This also fixes the problem we've always had of healers not getting nearly enough war stones from TW, and allows undergeared players to be able to obtain war stones more reliably and use them for things like achievements.
  • Crystals should be harder to kill. This can be done through various means, but my idea is to add a damage reduction buff that is reduced based on the number of enemies attacking the crystal. For example, a crystal could start at 10 stacks of a damage reduction debuff, and each player attacking it will lower it by 1 stack.This prevents solo capping and encourages people to play more like a team/guild when attacking.
  • In FFXIV, there is a mechanic in Frontline PvP (their version of mass PvP, either 8v8v8 or 24v24v24) that rewards a player for killing players consecutively without dying. Once you defeat 4 players without dying, you're rewarded with a buff called "Battle High", which increases your damage dealt, and at 8 kills it becomes "Battle Fever", increasing your damage dealt even further. I think a modified version of this would be interesting. Something that increases the damage you deal, but also increases the damage you receive until you change classes or die. Alternatively, we could buff crystals (HP, damage reduction), and have the buff from, killing players specifically buff your damage versus a crystal. This would encourage players to actually fight other people and protect their damage dealers, as accumulating kills would lead to increased capping power and overall allowing you to win the territory.
  • Normal class Territory War should be removed, as it has little to no point anymore with a classic server being made.
  • Disable the use of certain racial crafted items like Engineer Potions, Smoke Bombs, and Frozen in Time Capsules. I genuinely feel like as a whole, these items deal more harm than good. They really take away from the features certain classes have, as well as add features that some classes just weren't meant to have. I shouldn't be able to be an Annihilator with permanent stealth just because I can spam racial craft, for example. This takes away from classes like Assassin, who have invisibility as a part of their kit. Alternatively, the cooldown on them could be raised significantly, but I think just removing them is the better way to go. I have and will probably continue to use all of these items outside of PvP, they will still remain relevant if removed.

Elysian Island

I can't really think of anything else I would suggest currently that Jordan didn't already suggest, but will edit this post if I can. So for now I'm seconding all of these:

12 hours ago, Jordan said:
  • Disabled Battle Pets.
  • Revamped Boss rewards.

Temple Arena

• HP changes to bosses for sure, but I don't think player stat caps should be added.
  • Removal of tower potions.
  • New rewards, such as a legendary devil soul or blueprints to upgrade the trophies, with materials being something like one of each devil soul (white, green, blue).

3v3

• Remove battle pets.
  • In regards to normal classes only, I don't think this should be something we ever really go for. If people want to do arenas on normal classes, there's another server for that now. Our server should be embracing awakened classes, as that is the whole reason for it. If normal classes are really desired (which if NCTW is any indication, they aren't anymore), we could try a normal class arena.
  • A new map for sure. Possibly the 3v3 arena in Twin Saga. We could maybe even go as far as to incorporate their 3v3 arena into our server completely. In Twin Saga's 3v3, you are fighting for control over a central pillar, and a team is given points for holding the pillar, similar to the bar GvG has for holding crystals. Kills also influence the bar and can have a significant impact on the fight. This could not only lead to rotating maps, but even rotating game modes and different types of 3v3 battles.
  • I really like the idea @Hops12 mentioned, making use of the queue system that lets you declare a role. Something like that might be possible, and limit changing classes to ones that are only within your role. I worry that we don't have enough people to really make this system work though.
  • Removal of immunity potions. I think in an arena where you're allowed to freely change classes, the counterplay should be switching to a class that will be effective against the enemy team, not buying a potion from an NPC. As an example, let's say I'm against a Conjurer. Instead of buying a fear immunity potion, someone on my team would switch to Holy Sage and use the fear immunity aura.
  • Increased rewards for winning. This could be things like more honor stars, more class medals, a box that rewards you with Eternal Points or Eden Crystal Fragments, etc.

10v10

• A new map and objective for this arena would be great. I think something like a mini TW would be a lot of fun, and I could definitely see it being more popular.
  • Team size could possibly be reduced. Getting 20 people to queue for an arena isn't easy. This might be different if the arena is more enjoyable and/or has better rewards, so this suggestion might not even be necessary if 10v10 is changed and enough people are interested in it.
  • Remove battle pets.

Monster Battle Arena

• A new set of bosses entirely, using newer ones or the custom ones we have. This would really bring a breath of fresh air to MBA, and make it really exciting for a lot of people to try.
  • Player stats should be normalized based on their boss. Give each boss it's own stat block and assign that to the player. In an arena where you transform into bosses and fight, this really balances it out. People won't queue on things like Samurai for the P-ATK with the Katana, or Magician for the M-ATK with the Staff. This also makes the arena friendly to people of any level, and would be a lot of fun overall.

Overall Changes

• Removal of battle pets in PvP. They just aren't needed and don't add anything to the PvP experience. To ensure they still have a use, maybe allow them in Haven of Oblivion, as I don't think they would break anything that badly. Worst case they would end up healing a boss but I'm sure people will learn to turn them off versus certain bosses.
  • Increased rewards for playing. Adding to what was suggested in the 3v3 suggestion, things like more uses for Honor Stars would be nice. New furniture for housing would be cool.
  • Better ranking rewards. This isn't really exclusive to PvP, but all of our ranking rewards are outdated. They give you things like Lv50 chisels, low level Corona's Extracts, and other things that don't really feel rewarding to receive.

More suggestions might come later, but these are my initial thoughts! ^^

• Like 4

• VGN GM
18 hours ago, Stupefy said:

The players will receive more DMG taken so they will be generally slightly weakened having 2+ crystals out of 4.

This wouldn't really solve the issue we have of people avoiding fights and just capping though. It would maybe even encourage this as people who are winning wouldn't be able to defend very well.

16 hours ago, naru said:

Shielder cant get unkillable anyways because he loses HP for his OP skill.

You would be suprised. With more than a single healer in party his HP reduction is almost non-existent.

15 hours ago, Nanami said:

Normal Class TW is dead, if Garden tries others slowly quit trying even though at MAXIMUM Garden has only 6 geared players for NCTW. This TW was begged for by people that have long quit for Classic, remove this as it's useless and dead to our Awaken server.

And frankly TBH I don't think our server will have active PvP the way it used to be as we are a lot smaller community than in the past, than we've ever been in the past.

I was going to remove it with Classic but atleast that the time there was 10 or so people playing it. So I kept it. I'm not against removing it however if thats what people want.

I would however say the PvP in the server is smaller than usual but it's been in much worse states. There was a time when 10 people in TW was a high amount of people. (This being around the time 120 cap was released, before Kage was release).

• Removal of combat pets in all arenas.
  • Make a way for us to queue up as a party, so that say a guild wants to have a 3v3 against each other or others can party up then queue.
  • Make rewards better, we can farm Honor Stars and have no need for arena sets (only 1-2 people I have seen have even bothered to make these sets and use them and even then Lv110 awakens are much better) so I for one think these sets should be removed.
  • Can you add more bosses to MBA? I think this would be a nice way to liven it up for those who enjoy it, as well as updated rewards.
  • 10v10 I'm not sure what to do about TBH, I don't think we have 20 active people for that so if you could lower the participant amount then it might be better for us to queue as 5v5 (but I guess it wouldn't be 10v10 then xD) and adjust rewards again, all arena rewards are lacking.

We can't make party queues as of how the sever is structured. I know the Chinese server (Not FNO) had this feature but they had a lot of huge differences to us and its simply just not a feasible option for us right now. It's not entirely impossible but your talking atleast a month of hard work dedicated to something like this alone.

I think there is more than 20 people who are active. Its just motivating those 20 people to actually queue up and play. Rewards could be one thing but I somewhat agree with maybe just the entire mode needs revamping to be more rewarding and more enjoyable. Like I think people enjoy it in Classic right now, but a lot of the complaints the mode has right now is that its very poorly made/executed on. It's like they took 3v3 and shoved 10 people in and allowed respawning. I think maybe something more objective based like TW but more casual so people queue for fun and not because salary or ego.

Temple Arena.

Removal of pots is fine, I don't think it should be gear locked or changed as it was older level content and older level content always becomes easier and we are far past the stage this was designed for gear wise. Increasing or adjusting the reward amount is up to you, but personally I think creating a whole new Temple Arena for Lv115+ would be more ideal to me and give us a way to upgrade the older trophies into newer versions, as well as give us something else to do that is on a time schedule.

Not a bad idea to leave how it is and then have a better version for upgrading. I still think a reward revamp is a good idea, but this is more of "All modes need new rewards" and not just this mode specifically.

PS: It don't belong here but please make CCM more useful. 😭

This will never be done. I dont so much regret making CCM a lot easier but this is the kind of problems that happen when you do make things easier. You end up with people who have nothing to spend on for months start stockpiling where as people who have a lot fo buy can get done faster. Same thing happened with gold and the difference between Palace and Fae. All the prices went up due to gold being easier to aquire, this is a decision I regret for sure.

14 hours ago, Rin said:

Territory Wars/Guild Wars

• Remove the player kills leaderboard. This does nothing but inflate the ego of people ranked high on it, and is not an accurate representation of how a player does when it comes to making an impact on the Territory War. Instead, you could use the number of kills the guild did as a whole, or some other metric to measure their performance and reward them based on that.This also fixes the problem we've always had of healers not getting nearly enough war stones from TW, and allows undergeared players to be able to obtain war stones more reliably and use them for things like achievements.
  • Crystals should be harder to kill. This can be done through various means, but my idea is to add a damage reduction buff that is reduced based on the number of enemies attacking the crystal. For example, a crystal could start at 10 stacks of a damage reduction debuff, and each player attacking it will lower it by 1 stack.This prevents solo capping and encourages people to play more like a team/guild when attacking.
  • In FFXIV, there is a mechanic in Frontline PvP (their version of mass PvP, either 8v8v8 or 24v24v24) that rewards a player for killing players consecutively without dying. Once you defeat 4 players without dying, you're rewarded with a buff called "Battle High", which increases your damage dealt, and at 8 kills it becomes "Battle Fever", increasing your damage dealt even further. I think a modified version of this would be interesting. Something that increases the damage you deal, but also increases the damage you receive until you change classes or die. Alternatively, we could buff crystals (HP, damage reduction), and have the buff from, killing players specifically buff your damage versus a crystal. This would encourage players to actually fight other people and protect their damage dealers, as accumulating kills would lead to increased capping power and overall allowing you to win the territory.
  • Normal class Territory War should be removed, as it has little to no point anymore with a classic server being made.
  • Disable the use of certain racial crafted items like Engineer Potions, Smoke Bombs, and Frozen in Time Capsules. I genuinely feel like as a whole, these items deal more harm than good. They really take away from the features certain classes have, as well as add features that some classes just weren't meant to have. I shouldn't be able to be an Annihilator with permanent stealth just because I can spam racial craft, for example. This takes away from classes like Assassin, who have invisibility as a part of their kit. Alternatively, the cooldown on them could be raised significantly, but I think just removing them is the better way to go. I have and will probably continue to use all of these items outside of PvP, they will still remain relevant if removed.

I think although its an ego inflator, I think it does more good than harm overall. I would like to increase the healers rewards but this is something thats somewhat hard to track.

I agree and I think your suggestion is decent. I also think that maybe adding DMG reduction based on surrounding allies to the crystal migh also be a good thing to look for also as that would help prevent less of the run around and cap game and more, wipe then cap game.

I thnk kill streaks are a good option for sure. My only issue is I feel like awaken classes have enough damage as it is. So it's a bit hard to give more damage to all the classes in such a fashion. Maybe it could be damage to crystals but again I feel like this could add too much RNG to TW since cap waring is a thing and having a damage buff for getting the last hit on someone isn't really a good metric to go by.

I agree with this to an extent. For example Engineering potions give far too much damage to be considered balanced. Although it has a cooldown and it has a cost I still think its clearly an advantage and not a disadvantage. Smoke bombs are something I'm a bit more on the fence about as it was something that kinda balanced the field with Humans being the best healers hands down to every race being able to heal and revive. However, since then I've added a class based strategic retreat to Adjudicator so this issue is semi-solved. Frozen in Time capsules are somewhat of a nice thing too as they function some what like active items in other games function like that if welltimed could make or break a fight (The one noticable game would be Hourglass in League of Legends). Maybe some balancing around this item could be done rather than disabled but I'm not sure since this is based on my experiance when I played and not the current experiance on live.

14 hours ago, Rin said:

3v3

• In regards to normal classes only, I don't think this should be something we ever really go for. If people want to do arenas on normal classes, there's another server for that now. Our server should be embracing awakened classes, as that is the whole reason for it. If normal classes are really desired (which if NCTW is any indication, they aren't anymore), we could try a normal class arena.
  • A new map for sure. Possibly the 3v3 arena in Twin Saga. We could maybe even go as far as to incorporate their 3v3 arena into our server completely. In Twin Saga's 3v3, you are fighting for control over a central pillar, and a team is given points for holding the pillar, similar to the bar GvG has for holding crystals. Kills also influence the bar and can have a significant impact on the fight. This could not only lead to rotating maps, but even rotating game modes and different types of 3v3 battles.

10v10

• A new map and objective for this arena would be great. I think something like a mini TW would be a lot of fun, and I could definitely see it being more popular.

The Normal Class route is mainly more for fun. The issue with awaken classes specifically in 3v3 arena is most of them are centered around being in party vs party combat. So when you use them solo there is just some really overtuned classes. If it was an option to balance classes per pvp mode then I think it would be much easier to accomplish a more balanced envrionment but its just not. This is why people suggest normal classes to me as they've already been balanced they already work so having an environment they can work in is a good option.

I think the next suggestion that was in both your 3v3 and 10v10 suggestion is great. I'd need more information about how exactly this 3v3 worked but I think generally having a fresh new gamemode for both (even if the 3v3 one is only every other day or something while having normal 3v3 gamemode being on the alternative days) I think these suggestions are great. I think one aspect that has been lost especially on 3v3 and 10v10 is the fact that there is no real teamwork required. Classes like GM and Reaver can 1v3 people without a healer and it just kinda makes the environment team with no teamwork. Adding objectives would force stratergies and teamwork in order to defend, attack, etc. I think these suggestions should definatly have something come from them and it would be nice to get others thoughts on this.

14 hours ago, Rin said:

3v3

• Removal of immunity potions. I think in an arena where you're allowed to freely change classes, the counterplay should be switching to a class that will be effective against the enemy team, not buying a potion from an NPC. As an example, let's say I'm against a Conjurer. Instead of buying a fear immunity potion, someone on my team would switch to Holy Sage and use the fear immunity aura.

I think if we could reach a more balanced arena first then this would be something good to consider. Right now theres a lot of classes that can just solo win the match and a lot of classes that cannot compete. But definatly something worth doing if things are more balanced.

14 hours ago, Rin said:

Monster Battle Arena

• Player stats should be normalized based on their boss. Give each boss it's own stat block and assign that to the player. In an arena where you transform into bosses and fight, this really balances it out. People won't queue on things like Samurai for the P-ATK with the Katana, or Magician for the M-ATK with the Staff. This also makes the arena friendly to people of any level, and would be a lot of fun overall.

Definately a good suggestion.

13 hours ago, warbeast667 said:

are we going to do anything with those siege machine bps in tw because i have not once seen anybody use them

Do you have any suggestions.

7 hours ago, ElMandy said:

I spemt a fk tons of honor stars to make a nice arena set, so i would like a refound if you decide to remove arena gest from the gsme

Well although we can maybe look into compensating people this is ultimately a decision of do you actually want to have changes made to the arena that would actually encourage people to play. As right now as it stands this seems to be one of the main points people have a long with battle pets.

Ultimately would you rather get less than 1 match a day on average per week and get to use your arena set or have a potential active arena where theres 100+ matches in a month. Either way your not getting much use out of it now so whats realistically being changed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Jordan said:

I think the next suggestion that was in both your 3v3 and 10v10 suggestion is great. I'd need more information about how exactly this 3v3 worked but I think generally having a fresh new gamemode for both (even if the 3v3 one is only every other day or something while having normal 3v3 gamemode being on the alternative days) I think these suggestions are great. I think one aspect that has been lost especially on 3v3 and 10v10 is the fact that there is no real teamwork required. Classes like GM and Reaver can 1v3 people without a healer and it just kinda makes the environment team with no teamwork. Adding objectives would force stratergies and teamwork in order to defend, attack, etc. I think these suggestions should definatly have something come from them and it would be nice to get others thoughts on this.

Sure! Here is a video for everyone's reference, so we can see how more people feel about this:

Spoiler

Essentially, it is a 3v3 OR 5v5 event between two teams to fight for control of the Crystal Pillar over the course of 8 minutes. Once you load in, you're inside your team's spawn (like TW) and there's two minutes to prepare before it starts. The goal is to capture and hold the Crystal Pillar in the center of the map. Once prep time is done, you can walk through the portal and begin. To capture the pillar, you attack it like any TW/GvG crystal. The players receive points relative to the amount of time they remain in control of the pillar. Points are rewarded individually to each player, as their personal points matter at the end of the match. Your personal points are increased by defeating opponents, healing team members and destroying the pillar. The meter essentially tracks your team's total points, and the team with the most points win the match. You receive arena coins based on the results of the match, as well as your own performance.

All that being explained, I don't think some of these features are really necessary, such as tracking every person's performance (though I do think it was a cool feature and felt rewarding if you played especially well!) I think this would be a fun alternative to co-exist with the current 3v3, or maybe even be enabled as a 5v5 arena. 

5 hours ago, Jordan said:

Smoke bombs are something I'm a bit more on the fence about as it was something that kinda balanced the field with Humans being the best healers hands down to every race being able to heal and revive. However, since then I've added a class based strategic retreat to Adjudicator so this issue is semi-solved.

As someone who plays a Halfkin and heals somewhat often, I don't think smoke bombs are really necessary to balance healers. If I wanted to get out of combat and revive, I could play Adjudicator like you said. We also have in-combat revives like Battlefield Poet's Requiem and Druid's Soul Awaken, so disabling smoke bombs could give more of a reason for these classes in TW and make them feel much more rewarding.

I don't think Frozen in Time capsules are necessarily bad, but it was more of a "if you're going to do one thing, might as well do them all" kind of suggestion. I think they would function fine with a longer cooldown. Nothing crazy, but maybe like 20 or 30 seconds and see where that gets us.

5 hours ago, Jordan said:

You would be suprised. With more than a single healer in party his HP reduction is almost non-existent.

Okey cant you make shielder a expectation in arena so he doesnt get the dmg reduction buff? Or simply ban the class in arena? The shielder player base isnt that big anyways i knew only prime using shielder and he stopped playing him after the rework.

• VGN GM
On 8/14/2020 at 3:14 AM, Rin said:

Sure! Here is a video for everyone's reference, so we can see how more people feel about this:

Reveal hidden contents

Essentially, it is a 3v3 OR 5v5 event between two teams to fight for control of the Crystal Pillar over the course of 8 minutes. Once you load in, you're inside your team's spawn (like TW) and there's two minutes to prepare before it starts. The goal is to capture and hold the Crystal Pillar in the center of the map. Once prep time is done, you can walk through the portal and begin. To capture the pillar, you attack it like any TW/GvG crystal. The players receive points relative to the amount of time they remain in control of the pillar. Points are rewarded individually to each player, as their personal points matter at the end of the match. Your personal points are increased by defeating opponents, healing team members and destroying the pillar. The meter essentially tracks your team's total points, and the team with the most points win the match. You receive arena coins based on the results of the match, as well as your own performance.

I don't think healing is tracked very well in game but I could take a look to see how much I can work with it.

I do think however, that this could be a really fun mode but I do feel it would need to be atleast 5v5 in-order-to be fun. Since that would allow you at the very least to build some sort of structured party.

On 8/14/2020 at 3:47 AM, naru said:

Okey cant you make shielder a expectation in arena so he doesnt get the dmg reduction buff? Or simply ban the class in arena? The shielder player base isnt that big anyways i knew only prime using shielder and he stopped playing him after the rework.

I think you mean exception. But yeh its a possible avenue atleast for the starting point. I think it wouldn't be ok to just leave it unplayable forever.

On 8/14/2020 at 4:10 AM, warbeast667 said:

since nobody is using them i can't tell rather to buff,  nerf, add more, or remove them so in this case make them not take guild funds to purchase maybe?

I don't think the guild funds is the issue. Just generally speaking they're pretty useless.

• Like 1