7 day Deserter's Debuff for looters and other reported players

Terresa

Hello.

I don't know if this was suggested before but I do it anyway.

I s𝓾gⓖᗴ𝔰丅 adding an 168 hours Deserter's Debuff (less time is good too, whatever you want) or something similar to those who are reported more than 10-20 times per week (if evidence is provided) for looting items from world bosses and not contributing to the team. This is the only bad player case I could think of, but maybe its good to do it for all types of players with malicious intent. Those are the current debuff stats, but it would be a good idea to decrease the move spd and ch-acc even more for this debuff version (-50 move spd and -20% ch-acc). The bad part is that free looting can still be done on the bike, decreasing the other stats would be nice too, but I don't know how much the stats should be decreased to make the malicious player easy to kill by bosses AoE, so I can't ⓢⓤⓖⓖⓔⓢⓣ how much more should be decreased from their stats. If you think this is a good idea call it "Looter's Debuff" or "Constrained". If adding a new debuff to the game is hard, then sorry for wasting your time reading this.

Have a nice day.

https://imgur.com/a/Tv5LvFh

• Thanks 1

Yea add that to the Game thats to 50% dead. You lose arround 10% more after but who cares?! 😂😂😂😂 Every Punishment is useless to the players that dont stop with it,when they get chances again and again. How the HEK Take a Punishment serious then? And whats a debuff nowdays..people having lots of alts, multi accounts and so on..  👌

30 minutes ago, Archangel said:

Yea add that to the Game thats to 50% dead. You lose arround 10% more after but who cares?! 😂😂😂😂

If a player makes the game impossible to enjoy then other players will leave for sure. There are not so many players that are worth to be punished like this (there is only one particular player that constantly does this sort of thing, and I only wish that he at least help us instead of waiting for us to kill the bosses, he litteraly moves around until we are done...he wants to push WASD constantly but not push 123...9 and help ?). This is by no means a suggestion to make the malicious players quit the game, just to make it so that they contribute with something when we do bosses or stop them from trying to annoy others. I agree with you that some players may rage quit the game if they see their malicious acts punished, but lets be honest , there are only a few that do this, and they might not even try to do it anymore if they see this feature implemented.

That is your opinion and I respect it, but do you really wish to permit such acts ? What if new players can't grow because one dude enters the battleground and gets half of the valuable items ?

Edited by Terresa
added soem more bragging

Its a l belive in it. It wont stop a Emily from doing, it wont stop  a Annie doing it, wont Stop Akan from it. And also wont stop  any other using an alt from just loot indeed of helping. Its a thing people doing in both sides you dont know everyone there are lot secretly doing that. Saying i Stop and Stop doing it are 2 different meanings. It was ever Like that people go Side where the loot is since this Game was Release  people never ever stop  and an debuff for hrs, days , what ever wont change it.  Its more Work for GS that are playing rare. Vivi Ceck Reports over Reports... 😒

30min debuff for leaving battlegrounds okay. But when you DC what happen much with most ppl u fucked for 30min. System cant make a different between. 

BG always end 1vs 1 50% of the time, loot and made it draw.

Putting the debuff on NB or AK to the people that AFK/ Just Loot you think u will only see RG alts AFK in your Side? It would be report Here and there since people can still.change the toons or Accounts  and then u still cant enjoy. 

I gave the Game so much time and had a lot fun in there but the last half year it starts getting worse. All those Shit heads Off people that thinking to much and dream their Shit together.  

4 hours ago, Vivi said:

This is actually something that was suggested to me in our staff chat that I quite like the idea of. So I'll be adding a buff for this in later. Its a good overall punishment for people who are reported with viable evidence for it.

but what about people with bad connection and constant disconnections? 

• VGN GM
15 hours ago, Kuno said:

They wouldn't be effected?

10 hours ago, SUCK said:

If GM only allowed 1 player play all his chars only in 1 faction and in 1 IP. all of these problems will be solved.

That's a lot easier said then done. There's no way to block by IP and faction alone. Block all accounts to just 1 faction, fine, doable, but that's something that would've had to be done on opening, not 4+ years in.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Vivi said:
23 hours ago, Kuno said:

They wouldn't be effected?

Usually when a player is disconnected from the game in the middle of a BG they end up with a deserters debuff for 30min. If you can implement a distinction between server/player DC due to connection and a player leaving the battle ground on purpose then sure. 

• Like 1

On 8/19/2020 at 10:34 AM, Archangel said:

Its a l belive in it. It wont stop a Emily from doing, it wont stop  a Annie doing it, wont Stop Akan from it. And also wont stop  any other using an alt from just loot indeed of helping. Its a thing people doing in both sides you dont know everyone there are lot secretly doing that. Saying i Stop and Stop doing it are 2 different meanings. It was ever Like that people go Side where the loot is since this Game was Release  people never ever stop  and an debuff for hrs, days , what ever wont change it.  Its more Work for GS that are playing rare. Vivi Ceck Reports over Reports... 😒

I'm personally okay with players looting as a FK or RG if and only if they are helping and not causing a disruption to the side that they are there to loot from or just wait for loot to drop. The helping can be either attacking the boss or defending it. If nobody is there to defend it from, you should be attacking it or healing those who are. Sitting on a bike waiting for people to kill the boss so you can have speedier time to the loot is pathetic and shouldn't give you the right to the loot.

30min debuff for leaving battlegrounds okay. But when you DC what happen much with most ppl u fucked for 30min. System cant make a different between. 

Agree

BG always end 1vs 1 50% of the time, loot and made it draw.

Would be nice if it was more than 1 vs 1 in battle grounds. Just as long as players accept having a lower level player and certain players don't bully people when they are without a doubt winning. It is often the case that some players enter and enter up just getting stomped on by the other side. The problem with that is some player get pissed about lower level or lower geared players entering and so call losing the BG for them, that needs to stop. Then you have players who quit showing because all they do is lose or not even get any loot from them because the other side is too busy bully them. So, it ends up with players not caring about showing up because the loot isn't that spectacular and pvp is either stomp them or not going on.

Putting the debuff on NB or AK to the people that AFK/ Just Loot you think u will only see RG alts AFK in your Side? It would be report Here and there since people can still.change the toons or Accounts  and then u still cant enjoy. 

Would be interesting if you ended up with a 5 min dot that you have to stand by one of the flag towers to get it reset and shows back up in 5min of living. That is at the end of 5min you get one huge kill dot, not one that gives you a dot every second, and all you do is go near a tower, FK or RG side doesn't matter. Though if you die in 5min it resets the dot counter.

Could be the same for NB, but make certain floor grounds clear it up. Like a small area bellow spawn between the cavern up to each AI, the floor by the AI, the floor where the headsnatcher is, the floor where Aba is. That would help identify and eliminate AFK players in areas where they try to not get caught.

But the idea is to make these DoT free areas out in the open so players can't just afk in a hidden area of the map.

I gave the Game so much time and had a lot fun in there but the last half year it starts getting worse  the people in my guild, the people i was playing with & myself we Quit.  

Attitude and behavior of the players causes a lot of people to quit. I don't like playing with certain players because they have this toxic attitude of bullying people who are minding their own business or just playing for their own enjoyment. You have people that say PvP at end game is how end game should be, but there are people that don't like PvP so they should just quit? I thought the idea is to retain more people not make them leave. There are people that get on after a day of work just to come in kill some mobs to let off some stress and play, making it more stressful to people when they play causes them to quit. I don't bother people who aren't bothering me or others. There are those that think harassing and disrupting what a player is doing alone minding their business is best for the game and it isn't. I'd rather have a player play that is unknown to the entire game community than a player who acts like a jerk to others because the player that is unknown isn't going around causing problems and they probably go around buying AP for stuff like other people. 

As for the players entering a BG for loot and leaving or leaving because they don't want to pvp and do it regularly. Well it would be nice if a player spawns back into the game into a BG map that basically puts that character in time out for 15min so that they couldn't use any skills during that time. If they try shutting the game down and booting it back up it restarts that time. I was reading some rules that are used on people who play the Halo MCC, if it was possible to follow that same pattern might be helpful. Basically though the rules are if you AFK in a match, abandon the match early, or cause the match to become unbalanced by attacking their own people(can't do this in SBV which is good) you get a ban from the game for a period of time. Their rules are as follows and could be adjusted to better suit this game.

Currently, bans are calculated and based off your actions within in the last 3 hours. 

• First quit: 1 minute ban - make it 15min for SB
  • Second quit: 3 minute ban - make it 30min
  • Third quit: 5 minute ban - 45min
  • Fourth quit: 10 minute ban - 1hr
  • Additional quits: 10 minute ban - 1.5 hours.

Mind you that the final stage is maintained until a 3 hour countdown time is done. Each ban restarts the countdown timer. So, let's say you make it to the final stage where you can enter to play again. Once you start playing you have 3 hours to not screw up or get a 1.5 hour ban time again. The 3 hours can be done either in the game or out of the game though. So, let's say you got a 45 min ban, but you don't login for 3 hours and 45min. At that time you are back down to the First tier ban level and can get a 15min ban from the game. If you get the 1.5 hour ban but don't login for 4.5hours, you go back down to tier 1. However, if you get a 30min ban, log back in after 3hrs and screw up, because it's only been 2.5hours since being able to play again, you move up to the 45 min ban tier. Of course timers can be adjusted and Halo staff does understand that often times things happen to where you inadvertently break the rules meaning afking because you have to use the bathroom, power goes out, server cuts your connection, or even having your mom shut the game off. Because these actions cannot be distinguished from a legit to illegitimate reason they treat all actions the same for every player regardless of cause for the rule to be broken. Now, if something like that could be done? It would resolve GS's or GM's to having to monitor the game extensively, players can just accept the resulting actions understanding that it has to happen even if they DC'd without purposely causing it.
  • Like 1

PVP nowadays are shite. It was kindda fine and not totally skewed to one faction couple of months ago. That was before ya added the new lingeries in the game. Take a hint. It's not the lingeries emselves but where/how they drop that causes players to desert and loot along the winning side.

• VGN GM
15 hours ago, GoddessSand said:

Usually when a player is disconnected from the game in the middle of a BG they end up with a deserters debuff for 30min. If you can implement a distinction between server/player DC due to connection and a player leaving the battle ground on purpose then sure. 

This isn't talking about changed/modifying the current existing debuff within battlegrounds, but one I add to the person manually as an alternative to a ban.

There's no way to have the server check between a disconnect/forced disconnect.