Sign in to follow this  
Annuia

awak book quest price

These prices in the current Aeria server where reduced when the 75 Awaken weapons where released. The original prices where much higher than one in the forum post you provided.

As mentioned in the patch notes the price was increased to also match the servers inflating economy.

42 minutes ago, Jordan said:

These prices in the current Aeria server where reduced when the 75 Awaken weapons where released. The original prices where much higher than one in the forum post you provided.

As mentioned in the patch notes the price was increased to also match the servers inflating economy.

which in turn will make everything worse... people are selling everything overpriced again, so i dont undrestand what kind of strategy is this, how is this fair to anyone?

And i think your mistaken about the prices being higher then what the forum post suggests, can you show evidence?

what about ths guide about 75 weapons...? Are the prices also wrong?

https://luxaeternaee.enjin.com/mobile/forum/viewthread/m/8946266/id/8681438-awakened-weapons-75lvl

I played the original and I recall the book quest for rapier not be anywhere near 5600, theres no reason whatsoever to put those prices, your just blowing the "market" away with this, and more people will quit because the price of everything is rising again

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Annuia said:

which in turn will make everything worse... people are selling everything overpriced again, so i dont undrestand what kind of strategy is this, how is this fair to anyone?

Not sure how taking gold out of the economy makes things worse but ok.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jordan said:

Not sure how taking gold out of the economy makes things worse but ok.

taking gold out by raising prices? Ok, nice one

You can make so much gold so easy on the awaken server, i dont know what your problem is with the prices of the books.

The Server rates are so high, related to money making things, that the vgn staff has to take out gold of the game in any way, otherwise the game would be just flooded with too much ingame money which would make things worse.

i guess no matter what the vgn staff is doing, someone always keeps crying.

#sadstory

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Annuia said:

taking gold out by raising prices? Ok, nice one

I mean if you don't understand the difference between taking gold out of the game via the system and trading gold between players then theres nothing I can do to help explain that.

I guess the only thing I can say is why doesn't the government simply solve world hunger by printing out $1,000,000 for every homeless person in the world.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BoxBox said:

You can make so much gold so easy on the awaken server, i dont know what your problem is with the prices of the books.

The Server rates are so high, related to money making things, that the vgn staff has to take out gold of the game in any way, otherwise the game would be just flooded with too much ingame money which would make things worse.

i guess no matter what the vgn staff is doing, someone always keeps crying.

#sadstory

this is not awaken, its classic.

1 minute ago, Jordan said:

I mean if you don't understand the difference between taking gold out of the game via the system and trading gold between players then theres nothing I can do to help explain that.

I guess the only thing I can say is why doesn't the government simply solve world hunger by printing out $1,000,000 for every homeless person in the world.

hence why i made this post, to understand why.

Just now, Annuia said:

hence why i made this post, to understand why.

Well the best explanation I can give is:

When you sell an item to an NPC or get gold dropped from a boss the overall gold in the server goes up. So if this gold isn't being taken out of the server by the same means such as buying from an NPC or a crafting cost etc etc. Then prices of player to player trading will rise too because quite simply there is more gold in the economy which in turn decreases the value of the gold.

So the solution is take gold out of the economy via the system (Which in this case is the NPC you purchase the book from). Once you pay that 8437g and 500s. Then the server has 8437g and 500s less gold in the server correct? Where as if you buy 10 Eden Crystals at 200g each then thats only 2000g being given to another player. That money still exists.

I'm no expert so my explanation is probebly not very clear. But overall more money in the game = higher prices in the game on player to player trading. So the best way to solve this is by taking money out of the game. Achievements where doing a good job in this already but now that players are done with Achievements the next gold sink is required. Gem Altar is another good example of something that can sink gold out of the economy but Awakens is also good as not everyone needs to be doing every weapon at once, but over time they might do a good handful of awakens so slowly removing gold from the economy little by little.

In the end nobody needs to be completing all weapons in a week. They can focus on the one they're going to use first and then focus on the next one.

I'm sorry if you still dont understand my explanation but I tried.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Well the best explanation I can give is:

When you sell an item to an NPC or get gold dropped from a boss the overall gold in the server goes up. So if this gold isn't being taken out of the server by the same means such as buying from an NPC or a crafting cost etc etc. Then prices of player to player trading will rise too because quite simply there is more gold in the economy which in turn decreases the value of the gold.

So the solution is take gold out of the economy via the system (Which in this case is the NPC you purchase the book from). Once you pay that 8437g and 500s. Then the server has 8437g and 500s less gold in the server correct? Where as if you buy 10 Eden Crystals at 200g each then thats only 2000g being given to another player. That money still exists.

I'm no expert so my explanation is probebly not very clear. But overall more money in the game = higher prices in the game on player to player trading. So the best way to solve this is by taking money out of the game. Achievements where doing a good job in this already but now that players are done with Achievements the next gold sink is required. Gem Altar is another good example of something that can sink gold out of the economy but Awakens is also good as not everyone needs to be doing every weapon at once, but over time they might do a good handful of awakens so slowly removing gold from the economy little by little.

In the end nobody needs to be completing all weapons in a week. They can focus on the one they're going to use first and then focus on the next one.

I'm sorry if you still dont understand my explanation but I tried.

Ok now i perfectly understand what you mean, but im just not sure thats going to create stabilty, sure there will be less overall gold, but people will want to get it back asap, so prices will scale again for that reason only, with books at these prices its harder to ctach up, because you have to sell higher then normal, not to mention gold you get from dgns, farming never changed, so it means more hours of grinding to get that 5k more gold for the book quest. 

I just think this wont be a good solution, although there are already people with +10 awak gear. This might backfire

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Annuia said:

this is not awaken, its classic.

even on classic server its easy to get gold. 

and if you already saw people with +10 awa gear, what do you think how they managed to get that gear?

Ofc by farming and farming oh and farming...thats the way in mmo's and i have never heard anyone complainig about the book prices yet. Simply because its possible to do...

Taking gold out of the game happens in EVERY mmo, cause its necessary!

Jordans explanation is easy to understand and yeah, i actually think its a good way to take out the gold.

2 minutes ago, Annuia said:

Ok now i perfectly understand what you mean, but im just not sure thats going to create stabilty, sure there will be less overall gold, but people will want to get it back asap, so prices will scale again for that reason only, with books at these prices its harder to ctach up, because you have to sell higher then normal, not to mention gold you get from dgns, farming never changed, so it means more hours of grinding to get that 5k more gold for the book quest. 

I just think this wont be a good solution, although there are already people with +10 awak gear. This might backfire

Well what you're forgetting is prices are rising in all aspects. Most people where sinking gold into achievements before and crafting gears and such but now people have that stuff so now there isn't a lot taking gold out of the economy compared to the previous months. So it doesn't really need to have more money coming into the game as there is already plenty of gold in the game already. There needs to be more things taking money out of the game like Awakens. And yes you're right them losing 8-9k will make them farm harder to get the 8-9k. But thats no different from them buying a costume for a similar amount right? People will always strive to have enough gold to buy what they need which is why there needs to be things in the game taking gold out.

16 minutes ago, Maggot said:

but currently this will worsen the situation for new players

It doesnt take days to farm this much gold unless you limit yourself to daily activities only. It's a piece of end game gear, having to invest a lot of gold isn't uncommon.

1 hour ago, BoxBox said:

even on classic server its easy to get gold. 

and if you already saw people with +10 awa gear, what do you think how they managed to get that gear?

Ofc by farming and farming oh and farming...thats the way in mmo's and i have never heard anyone complainig about the book prices yet. Simply because its possible to do...

Taking gold out of the game happens in EVERY mmo, cause its necessary!

Jordans explanation is easy to understand and yeah, i actually think its a good way to take out the gold.

lol, sorry but many people cash in alot, and mostly get gold from selling altar items, gold gear etc, not by farming dgns, highlands, not saying they dont do that, but its not really their main source of income, more of a secondary source

1 hour ago, Jordan said:

Well what you're forgetting is prices are rising in all aspects. Most people where sinking gold into achievements before and crafting gears and such but now people have that stuff so now there isn't a lot taking gold out of the economy compared to the previous months. So it doesn't really need to have more money coming into the game as there is already plenty of gold in the game already. There needs to be more things taking money out of the game like Awakens. And yes you're right them losing 8-9k will make them farm harder to get the 8-9k. But thats no different from them buying a costume for a similar amount right? People will always strive to have enough gold to buy what they need which is why there needs to be things in the game taking gold out.

yes I get your point, and your not wrong in there, its just things arent easy for F2P because of all this inflation, EC's are too expensive to buy and harder to profit from, so I can see alot of new players and other F2P having difficulties with this, alot. Thats, in my case im not into to fashion so i could care less about costumes, i understand your point, trits sell like crazy, its a proof that costumes are most wanted.

2 hours ago, Annuia said:

yes I get your point, and your not wrong in there, its just things arent easy for F2P because of all this inflation, EC's are too expensive to buy and harder to profit from, so I can see alot of new players and other F2P having difficulties with this, alot. Thats, in my case im not into to fashion so i could care less about costumes, i understand your point, trits sell like crazy, its a proof that costumes are most wanted.

Yeh the goal in all this sinking at the very least it to try bring down the price of altar items (including Eden Crystals). There will be more gold sinking areas to come overtime to aid this. But in the end gold will always slowly be inflating but its about delaying it as much as possible for the free to play players.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Annuia said:

lol, sorry but many people cash in alot, and mostly get gold from selling altar items, gold gear etc, not by farming dgns, highlands, not saying they dont do that, but its not really their main source of income, more of a secondary source

i dont think that this is the truth. it is your opinion and what you interpret. 

EC's are expensive but the reason or this overpricing is the amount of money in the game. Thats why Jordan is taking out the money, so slowly the prices will sink over time.

Its not Jordan who makes the Prices tho, its the community ingame. 

But yeah i know there are always cashers, in every game, but they are necessary to keep games alive tho.

You said earlier in one of your posts:

sure there will be less overall gold, but people will want to get it back asap, so prices will scale again for that reason only, with books at these prices its harder to ctach up, because you have to sell higher then normal, not to mention gold you get from dgns, farming never changed, so it means more hours of grinding to get that 5k more gold for the book quest.

If more money gets out of the game, people wont be able to afford overpriced things, so people who wanna sell those overpriced things will realise that the have to lower the prices.  it has been and will always be a mass-reaction to what happens ingame. If someone would make the first step, others will follow, and those who wont, will sit on their items cause no one will buy them.

And 5k are not that much to farm tbh...and i have never heard any complaint about this, since the server opened in April.

So it seems no one else has a problem with those book prices.🤔 

1 hour ago, BoxBox said:

EC's are expensive but the reason or this overpricing is the amount of money in the game. Thats why Jordan is taking out the money, so slowly the prices will sink over time.

The price increase for EC are attributed to two reasons: inflation from the amount of gold in the server (which this change of book cost is helping alleviate) and the fact that there are less AP spenders buying EC. Less supply and more demand = higher prices. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1