Sign in to follow this  
Shal

EC prices and server activity

Recommended Posts

Hi, I know this has been discussed before but could you add EC as a (rare) drop in dungeons? (NT maybe)

Idk if awaken weapons + stone wipe will make server more active or not but the past months or so there has been a low level of activity in the server and im just worried because of it. Business wise the less customers you have the less money you make so this should be important for you. Personally, a lot of people I know have left the server because of it being very expensive + 10% stones being troll (which is another topic for another post) and if you have been watching price trends you would understand their feelings.

Imo one of the reasons of this lower activity is that the game is overall really expensive for f2p people, gold wise. Ecs go for 200-220g right now (and will naturally increase) and that just makes everything more expensive since playing altar is the only way to get a lot of the high demand items, affecting their prices along the way. The gold we can farm right now its always a static amount (give or take), while the prices of items keep raising all the time because of inflation and, probably, less people spending AP (since server activity is lower). This is a disincentive to some players that cant afford to buy AP since they are being able to buy less and less things overtime (gold income potential is the same, while costs keep raising with time).

Stone prices should lower now because of the wipe and that should help (I appreciate this decision you guys made), however this might cause ec prices to go even higher since people might start hoarding ecs instead of stones now.

If you allow ecs to be a rare drop in dgns it would make it so f2p players have a way to not be totally screwed since they would have some access to a high demand item that has a variable value, and considering that dgns have a 10 run limit + rare drop rate it would still keep the incentive to buy AP for spenders since the quantity of xtals u get from buying AP would be way more than what you could get from farming.

To avoid any "flooding" maybe you could make it so only lv60+ dungeons have those drops, or something like that + make them NT so they are for personal use. 

This is just an idea but I believe if you make some high demand items (ec on this case) as rare drops it would incentivate people to keep playing or coming back, that would keep or raise server activity and would increase AP spending, this since (imo) the more people there is the more atractive it is to invest in the game.

I understand that with this patch +stone wipe we should first wait and see how everything develops, but it would be nice if you could consider adding changes like this in the future.

PS: I hope that when you monitor server activity you are checking different IPs instead of accounts on, since a lot of people have 3+ alts gathering all the time.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure what you mean by dungeons if it includes Trials or just includes 0/10 dungeons but I think this is not a bad idea but the wrong approach.

For example: Trials are already useful for gear and can also be used as a source of income via selling things like Materials and Blueprints. So I feel like there is enough rewarding qualities to these trials as they are.

Similar stories can be said about 0/10 dungeons especially after adding the Class Honor Medals to them as I know a number of people farming these for this factor alone.

I would like to save Eden Crystals mostly for things such as Elysian and other content we have planned. Since these events are usually lacking in activity due to rewards and its hard to give good rewards when Eden Crystals are so littered around the game. Like for example theres so many sources of Eden Crystals for Free Players in the Awaken server that giving away more Eden Crystals as rewards would just make them more irrelevant than they already are. I generally think though that improving the game via content that gives rewards like this rather than adding rewards to things that people who play actively do anyway is the better idea as then it gives more things to do and more things to be interested about.

We monitor game activity in multiple ways to check the current server activity. So we have a good indication on just how many players there our each day in total. One of the main activity killers to be quite honest is similar to what happens on the Awaken server as I've seen it happen countless times (Being that theres a good number of players quitting over losing in PvP / Guilds dieing because of losing in PvP). This has happened on Awaken several times over the past 2-3 years and I've watched it happen on this server too. Now I understand thats not the only reason people quit, but I know this is one of the more impactful killers number wise as it not only makes people quit over the drama, but also the opposing guilds also tend to get bored when nobody wants to fight them so they too lose members.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jordan said:

I'm not sure what you mean by dungeons if it includes Trials or just includes 0/10 dungeons but I think this is not a bad idea but the wrong approach.

For example: Trials are already useful for gear and can also be used as a source of income via selling things like Materials and Blueprints. So I feel like there is enough rewarding qualities to these trials as they are.

Similar stories can be said about 0/10 dungeons especially after adding the Class Honor Medals to them as I know a number of people farming these for this factor alone.

I would like to save Eden Crystals mostly for things such as Elysian and other content we have planned. Since these events are usually lacking in activity due to rewards and its hard to give good rewards when Eden Crystals are so littered around the game. Like for example theres so many sources of Eden Crystals for Free Players in the Awaken server that giving away more Eden Crystals as rewards would just make them more irrelevant than they already are. I generally think though that improving the game via content that gives rewards like this rather than adding rewards to things that people who play actively do anyway is the better idea as then it gives more things to do and more things to be interested about.

We monitor game activity in multiple ways to check the current server activity. So we have a good indication on just how many players there our each day in total. One of the main activity killers to be quite honest is similar to what happens on the Awaken server as I've seen it happen countless times (Being that theres a good number of players quitting over losing in PvP / Guilds dieing because of losing in PvP). This has happened on Awaken several times over the past 2-3 years and I've watched it happen on this server too. Now I understand thats not the only reason people quit, but I know this is one of the more impactful killers number wise as it not only makes people quit over the drama, but also the opposing guilds also tend to get bored when nobody wants to fight them so they too lose members.

By dungeons I just meant 0/10 dungeons, I agree trials have enough rewards (at least in the short term of a new patch).

Class medal drop is good to compensate for people that cant get them with pvp, but I believe is not enough in terms of gold income since costs keep raising and you keep making the same amount of gold by farming (until new dungeons/areas are released ofc).

Regarding ECs I understand your point, adding too many ECs would make them lose their value (thats why I said "rare drop" though) and there isnt a good replacement value wise  and yes event rewards could be better than dungeon drops but you guys should be mindful that if its pvp related, and only "top 5" people get them, then its highly likely that the winners of such events will be the players that are already geared (aka: the players that dont need those ec).

If you mostly plan to add ECs by events (besides AP/ranking) then, IMO, it should be events that arent pvp/dmg output related, and that they are available for people independant of their time zone. I know this is really hard to do, and thats why I mentioned rare dungeon drops since its something that anyone could do in their free time (independant of time zone and not pvp related), but if the drop is too high then ECs might lose their value as you said, so I understand the issue. Maybe it could be by a dungeon medal system (similar to trial medals and artisan bps, exchange X dgn medals for Y ECs/SS) instead of "rare drops".

I also agree with your last point about "pvp loses" being a big activity killer, ive seen people quit after 2 loses (ohno *cof cof*) and thats just sad tbh, but ive heard a lot of "pvp focused" people getting frustrated and quitting because of the "never ending" raise of the cost of items (of stones mostly, which raise because of EC prices) without ways to make up for those raises, so thats a factor as well. In this particular case I believe is a combination of stones being more expensive overtime (without a raising income) + only having 10% success rate (excluding better stones from ranking, which are really few). Its, to say the least, interesting that you could have x30 coral lss and still not be sure that you will get the +10 (or +9) that you want, maybe this could be mitigated if we had a conversion system that turn those x30 stones into x3 (or x2) 75% stones or something like that. 

So, thinking it this way, I believe server activity could be boosted by raising potential income for f2p (ecs/stones as event rewards/ rare drops from dgns) and/or adding a stone conversion system (x15 10% stones for a 75%, or something along those lines). 

I guess this should go in suggestion more than discussion, and I deviated to stones at the end im sorry for that (although I believe stones is one of the main issues). Maybe the stone wipe is good enough, we will see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shal said:

Regarding ECs I understand your point, adding too many ECs would make them lose their value (thats why I said "rare drop" though) and there isnt a good replacement value wise  and yes event rewards could be better than dungeon drops but you guys should be mindful that if its pvp related, and only "top 5" people get them, then its highly likely that the winners of such events will be the players that are already geared (aka: the players that dont need those ec).

You get a fair bit just from attacking the bosses too and getting th mail based reward using fragments.

2 hours ago, Shal said:

If you mostly plan to add ECs by events (besides AP/ranking) then, IMO, it should be events that arent pvp/dmg output related, and that they are available for people independant of their time zone. I know this is really hard to do, and thats why I mentioned rare dungeon drops since its something that anyone could do in their free time (independant of time zone and not pvp related), but if the drop is too high then ECs might lose their value as you said, so I understand the issue. Maybe it could be by a dungeon medal system (similar to trial medals and artisan bps, exchange X dgn medals for Y ECs/SS) instead of "rare drops".

I mean PvE stuff aswell as PvP stuff don't worry. But it was more aimed towards things that are designed for rewards rather than something people tend to already farm for gold / medals. Like I have planned as mentioned before somewhere that I want to make a custom sort of revamped Boss Monster Challenge. This would be an example of something I would aimed to attach EC based rewards. Elysian was mainly just a current example of this.

 

2 hours ago, Shal said:

I also agree with your last point about "pvp loses" being a big activity killer, ive seen people quit after 2 loses (ohno *cof cof*) and thats just sad tbh, but ive heard a lot of "pvp focused" people getting frustrated and quitting because of the "never ending" raise of the cost of items (of stones mostly, which raise because of EC prices) without ways to make up for those raises, so thats a factor as well. In this particular case I believe is a combination of stones being more expensive overtime (without a raising income) + only having 10% success rate (excluding better stones from ranking, which are really few). Its, to say the least, interesting that you could have x30 coral lss and still not be sure that you will get the +10 (or +9) that you want, maybe this could be mitigated if we had a conversion system that turn those x30 stones into x3 (or x2) 75% stones or something like that. 

So, thinking it this way, I believe server activity could be boosted by raising potential income for f2p (ecs/stones as event rewards/ rare drops from dgns) and/or adding a stone conversion system (x15 10% stones for a 75%, or something along those lines).

I mean thats the end game goal. If you look at some of the custom stuff so far, Elysian drops Sublime Safety Stones as a rare drop and Safety Stone Fragments as a common drop. Then the Event Spawn I did on launch had RNG chests with stones inside. I have lots of plans its just executing those over time. Additionally we have conversion scrolls as a more common reward for those kind of areas and is something I want to implement into more areas of the game for sure. Possibly daily logins and such.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this