Faction Changing

GoddessSand

While I think FC is a waste and never truly balances out the game and players should just create a character in the other faction on their own. However, I think there needs to be some consideration as to who is allowed to FC and their reasons why.

The purpose of FC is to balance the game out, not to send characters over to harass and bully other players. So, for a player to choose to FC, one should consider their actions in the game in how they play. Players who have been observed to harass/bully others, not participate in faction activities, and/or having no desire to actually balance out the game should be refused permission to FC. It is of my opinion that players do these things won't change and it doesn't balance the game just because they FC because they have no true intention of balancing out the game. If these players truly wish to balance out the game let them first be observed to care about making sure others enjoy the game not a selfish desire to enjoy making other players hate playing.

Ways to identify that they care about others enjoying the game.

1) they are not seeking out and attacking players repeatedly over and over again that have no desire to fight them or have no ability to atk back like those who are under geared, under level, and are spending their time farming. They also shouldn't be raiding the other factions base to kill players who are AFK. 

2) They participate fully in helping the faction kill bosses. They don't hit the boss once or twice and wait for the rest of the faction to kill it.

3) They don't initiate or participate in flame wars in shout, area/general chat, or PMing to mock or also harass players of the other faction.

One last thing is that players who want to have 1 character in both factions and use FC to do it shouldn't be doing it to just reap rewards of the other faction for purely looting the dominating faction, rewards for winning AK and NB, and do it to keep the balance offset to secure victory continuously for their opposing faction.

Such players who have no true desire to balance out the game should be refused approval to FC and they can just create their own characters in the other faction, level it up, and gear it on their own accord and the GMs/GSs shouldn't enable such poor players.

• Like 3

I cant really agree with any of the points related to Faction Change intentions.

You cant know, or figure out, why a player really wants to faction change. There are several reasons and im not sure if it would be a "good rule" to force people, to tell the admins in the ticket, why they want a faction change. 

And even if they would answer that question in the ticket, how should the admins know, if it is the truth or a lie?

If i wanna faction change and admins would ask me why, i could tell them lies, saying i wanna faction change because i met new friends over there and want to play with them, but maybe my true intention would be to annoy and bully someone from the other faction. You cant control it and everybody should be able to faction change if they want, for whatever reason, without having to justify. 

And whats the matter if admins faction change a char, or if that player would create and lvl a new char on the desired faction? There is no difference.

And even if Admins would put this rule and deny the faction change to some people, they still can make new chars on the other faction and still following their intentions. So i dont think those rules would make any sense.

Other than that, i dont like to get killed aswell, when i have to afk, but hey, if i decide to go afk in a pvp zone, even if im in my own faction base, its still a pvp zone and i have to expect to maybe get killed by someone. Thats how it is, if u dont wanna get killed when u afk, go afk in a non pvp zone.

But i agree that people should not spawnkill/permakill, specially not undergeared, underlvl'd people, or newbe's.

And to the point about bosses and afk looting, i guess most people agree, that those people should get punished, for example with a debuff or whatever. Its kinda hard to find a good method which would be a fair punishment, cause everyone has their own opinions on that.

PS: no offense, just telling my thoughts  😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, BoxBox said:

I cant really agree with any of the points related to Faction Change intentions.

You cant know, or figure out, why a player really wants to faction change. There are several reasons and im not sure if it would be a "good rule" to force people, to tell the admins in the ticket, why they want a faction change. 

And even if they would answer that question in the ticket, how should the admins know, if it is the truth or a lie?

If i wanna faction change and admins would ask me why, i could tell them lies, saying i wanna faction change because i met new friends over there and want to play with them, but maybe my true intention would be to annoy and bully someone from the other faction. You cant control it and everybody should be able to faction change if they want, for whatever reason, without having to justify. 

And whats the matter if admins faction change a char, or if that player would create and lvl a new char on the desired faction? There is no difference.

And even if Admins would put this rule and deny the faction change to some people, they still can make new chars on the other faction and still following their intentions. So i dont think those rules would make any sense.

Other than that, i dont like to get killed aswell, when i have to afk, but hey, if i decide to go afk in a pvp zone, even if im in my own faction base, its still a pvp zone and i have to expect to maybe get killed by someone. Thats how it is, if u dont wanna get killed when u afk, go afk in a non pvp zone.

But i agree that people should not spawnkill/permakill, specially not undergeared, underlvl'd people, or newbe's.

And to the point about bosses and afk looting, i guess most people agree, that those people should get punished, for example with a debuff or whatever. Its kinda hard to find a good method which would be a fair punishment, cause everyone has their own opinions on that.

PS: no offense, just telling my thoughts  😊

Not offended, and it's true that GM's aren't in the game to see all that is happening. GS's however are in the game and can see what is happening as well as players who have submitted tickets about the actions of other players with actual evidence can indicate a particular player isn't fit to be given the opportunity to FC. To me FC is a privilege not a right because the GM's aren't asking for AP to do so, thus if being able to FC was based on observable in game behavior by the GS or the community then it would put some players into improving their in game behavior if they want to have this privilege. Sure a player can submit a ticket to FC, but all the GM would have to do is discuss with the GSs as to a yes or no for that player to FC. I can take for instance a particular player who shows up to a boss lands 1 attack and then sits on their bike the entire time the boss is being killed. Should that player be allowed to FC any other characters over just to not participate in helping that faction? FC is about balancing the game not sending a character over for taking loot from other players. Then you have players who will start flame wars with somebody when certain people popup in a faction, should that player be given the privilege to move to the other side and do the same thing there?

So, the difference that I view in being allowed to FC is that when it is open and needed the GMs can do it because they feel you would best fit and help that faction, if they don't feel you will help that faction then you can just spend your own time and effort to create a character for that side. Players appreciate those who FC with the purpose of balance, not causing issues with other players so they will want to stop playing.

• Like 1

well you see, i have a good example or this.

i dont know if you remember this, but i do pretty well.

Not that long ago, there was a player , talking in world chat about his skillbuild, and you told him, you personally would not talk about your builds in worldchat. 

This player actually got bullied when he played on FK side, because he insulted others in a really bad way, got personal and was begging for a lot o free stuff.

So since he couldnt handle this situation on FK side anymore, cause people got annoyed by him, he just made chars on RG side, 3 of them. He is still permamently begging in Worldchat "would anyone be willing to power level me from 56 to 60? My exp bar is at 68,18%?" "anyone willing to xp boost?" and when no one answers him and wont power level him, he calls the server dead,  and permanently begging in Guilds, to get free items, free gear upgrades and even trying to act sadly in general chat infront of high lvl players, in hope to get free stuff. 

He created a discussion of over 40 minutes, because i called him "impatient", because he only wanted to get powerlvled all the time and in the end he was crying cause he had no money to build up gear. He started to call me a Bitch and a Douchebag, and when Longtime players in this guild tried to calm him down, he even raged more and verbaly attacked them aswell, called them Bitches again and Dickheads.

This player, made 5 longtime players, including me as a returning oldbe, leaving their guild, their ingame home where they found friends and harmony, which this player just destroyed in a few days.

I do not blame the guildleader of this guild, since the guildleader wasnt online at those times, when all the insults etc. happened.

So what i want to say with this is, no matter if FC would be changed into a privelege and Admins would deny it to specific people, it wont stop them from making new chars on the other faction, just to continue their rudeness and disrespect and acting against the rules or "guidelines".

1 hour ago, BoxBox said:

well you see, i have a good example or this.

i dont know if you remember this, but i do pretty well.

Not that long ago, there was a player , talking in world chat about his skillbuild, and you told him, you personally would not talk about your builds in worldchat. 

This player actually got bullied when he played on FK side, because he insulted others in a really bad way, got personal and was begging for a lot o free stuff.

So since he couldnt handle this situation on FK side anymore, cause people got annoyed by him, he just made chars on RG side, 3 of them. He is still permamently begging in Worldchat "would anyone be willing to power level me from 56 to 60? My exp bar is at 68,18%?" "anyone willing to xp boost?" and when no one answers him and wont power level him, he calls the server dead,  and permanently begging in Guilds, to get free items, free gear upgrades and even trying to act sadly in general chat infront of high lvl players, in hope to get free stuff. 

He created a discussion of over 40 minutes, because i called him "impatient", because he only wanted to get powerlvled all the time and in the end he was crying cause he had no money to build up gear. He started to call me a Bitch and a Douchebag, and when Longtime players in this guild tried to calm him down, he even raged more and verbaly attacked them aswell, called them Bitches again and Dickheads.

This player, made 5 longtime players, including me as a returning oldbe, leaving their guild, their ingame home where they found friends and harmony, which this player just destroyed in a few days.

I do not blame the guildleader of this guild, since the guildleader wasnt online at those times, when all the insults etc. happened.

So what i want to say with this is, no matter if FC would be changed into a privelege and Admins would deny it to specific people, it wont stop them from making new chars on the other faction, just to continue their rudeness and disrespect and acting against the rules or "guidelines".

Well, at least the GMs didn't waste their time on that player who didn't do anything to help either faction as they begged for stuff, so I say that is exactly what FC isn't supposed to be used for. Had that player begged to be FC'd and got it only to be a thorn on the other faction then the GMs would have made a poor choice in allowing it. By having some sort of standard set to be approved for FC then those who move over do so with the intent of balancing out the game no do so with the intent on dragging the faction down even more.

• Like 1