Sign in to follow this  
Anagram

So when is the server getting taken down?

Logged in for the first time since july and was greeted by a deathly quite peer chat and world chat, ch1 barely had any vendor alts, joined half a dozen guilds and saw that over 80% of the accounts had been offline for over a month, while maybe 2%, at best, had been online within the past week, and the auction house was almost completely barren.

It straight up looked like a single player game with fewer npc's, I thought the grind was supposed to keep the playerbase locked in?

1- you logged in in the middle of the night, the least active time slot for the server

2- ch1 has been sparse lately because nobody is playing altar this month, there is another stone wipe before new content and so there is less of a reason to roll, as well as there being little reason to spend gold at all this close to a large update

3-  open guilds are generally dead idk what to tell you they're open for a reason

4- people are busy with irl stuff right now and there is always a dip in activity before new caps.... this game goes through periods like this all the time and always has depending on the time of year and delivery timeline of content

its classic, its understandable for some they played only for early nostalgia that has since worn off. but also im not sure what you expected during exam season at the end of a cap in the middle of the night after a maintenance vs peak summertime after a highly anticipated cap...i know at least several players who are playing on awaken right now which recently got a big patch + has an event ongoing while waiting for the new classic cap. i highly doubt they're gonna just shut it down lol. like you said, you haven't logged in since july so you probably aren't fully realizing the context / timeline of the server. 

• Like 1

Server isn't getting taken down as far as I'm aware and I've been working on a nice patch for Halloween to bring before the next content expansion.

There is a lot going on in the world right now with lockdowns coming to an end, big releases such as Genshin Impact being released aswell as school starting last month for many players. We understand the activity is much lower than before but we haven't really given up or anything as there is still a fair number of people still playing even if it is just at select times such as PvP.

No need to make posts like this to stir the drama pot. If you have a concern about the servers safety it can be done in much more polite ways.

• Like 1