pets illustrated

enkephalin07

9 hours ago, enkephalin07 said:

How do you get people to buy pets if you don't advertise? I'm interested in getting one, but how could I commit to getting something with a representative image like this:

unknown.png

Hardly distinguishable from Madfly, and I certainly wouldn't have have paid for that.

Are you assuming the shop image is not correct? That's why you need a guide? That pet actually does look like the image.

The point is that it doesn't matter. You don't buy an ap pet for its looks but for its stats. As soon as you get an ap pet you can apply any pet skin of your choice. Many skins are common drops during events, cheap to buy in AH and look much better than the original pets.

2 hours ago, Tropical said:

Are you assuming the shop image is not correct? That's why you need a guide? That pet actually does look like the image.

The point is that it doesn't matter. You don't buy an ap pet for its looks but for its stats. As soon as you get an ap pet you can apply any pet skin of your choice. Many skins are common drops during events, cheap to buy in AH and look much better than the original pets.

nuu, i bought the derpy  pet for its look!  😂 but the pet skin i used recently on it, just ruined it 😅

3 hours ago, Tropical said:

If their stats are identical, then yes, I would choose one for it's look and dialog. The phoenix I got for one character didn't look anything like it's icon, and I'm pretty satisfied with it. I would like another, but I don't see images that would make up my mind.

Btw, if you're sure the pet matches that icon, could you identify it? Which pet looks like that icon?

13 hours ago, enkephalin07 said:

Daddy, I can't tell whether you're selectively blind or terminally dumb. The links you posted led on a convoluted route to the very post that so failed to render any images that I posted this in the first place.

1) you literally did not state you found that page

2) i shared the guide so you can have a full list of things in our guide section

3) I already stated Vivi and I currently have not had the time to replace them because we actually have to replace like 100 or so photos across the guides.

4) check your attitude 

12 hours ago, Daddy said:

1) you literally did not state you found that page

2) i shared the guide so you can have a full list of things in our guide section

3) I already stated Vivi and I currently have not had the time to replace them because we actually have to replace like 100 or so photos across the guides.

4) check your attitude 

1&2) I may not have, but I'm not the first to post that the guide is missing images, and have been since longer than I've been back.

4) Noted, that was out of line and you didn't deserve the disrepect. I have to remember to shut myself down when I'm become mean drunk.

So now that I'm ready to make the purchase, I'm still indecisive. Phoenix is the only one I'm sure I like the look of, but I wanted to try something different.

On 11/12/2020 at 5:40 AM, enkephalin07 said:

1&2) I may not have, but I'm not the first to post that the guide is missing images, and have been since longer than I've been back.

4) Noted, that was out of line and you didn't deserve the disrepect. I have to remember to shut myself down when I'm become mean drunk.

So now that I'm ready to make the purchase, I'm still indecisive. Phoenix is the only one I'm sure I like the look of, but I wanted to try something different.

You can change the look of a pet at any time by using a pet skin. Some will drop in the game others require AP to get a pet skin. Once you use a pet skin though the original skin is gone till you get another pet skin of the original to put over it.

• Like 1

That seems to defeat the purpose of having a variety. The selection of a pet is part of that variety, why should that be taken away for a seasonal novelty skin?

If those icons are representative of all those pets, then they aren't very tempting. Could they not be improved?

Let me put it in this perspective: The bikes, costumes and lingerie look good and have game utility value. Why is there achievement awards for collecting pets?

8 minutes ago, enkephalin07 said:

That seems to defeat the purpose of having a variety. The selection of a pet is part of that variety, why should that be taken away for a seasonal novelty skin?

If those icons are representative of all those pets, then they aren't very tempting. Could they not be improved?

Not all pet skins are seasonal. The pet will remain with that look till you change it. Not sure what you mean about being improved as much of this game is stuck with what it has going for it due to a lack of source code. I personally like my Seona Pet skin that I got from this event and plan on keeping it that way for that pet, though I would like it just a tad bigger, I just didn't want it to take up too much of my screen or cover items that I might want to physically grab myself.

• Like 1

I like that skin too, and have a stack of them to switch to at any time. But I also like the phoenix's skin, and would like to switch back to them at any time.

I'm confused about that 'source code' explanation. Are you saying the pet's data -- the model, the stats, the lines of dialog -- was all compiled into the engine itself? I do understand something about how games are developed, so this strikes me as irregular. On the other hand, I've seen some pretty irregular practices when looking under the hood.

15 minutes ago, enkephalin07 said:

I like that skin too, and have a stack of them to switch to at any time. But I also like the phoenix's skin, and would like to switch back to them at any time.

I'm confused about that 'source code' explanation. Are you saying the pet's data -- the model, the stats, the lines of dialog -- was all compiled into the engine itself? I do understand something about how games are developed, so this strikes me as irregular. On the other hand, I've seen some pretty irregular practices when looking under the hood.

The actual VNG does not have the source code - meaning they can't add actual brand new game assets they could edit in/etc. They work with what they have already. Aka manage old costumes into new ones/paint on costumes/make mobs into pets/ etc.

They're already working really hard to bring new content even though they can't actually make new content. Actual SB ended on being lvl 59 cap with probably more than half costumes not existing of what you have now. VNG worked with whatever the game had already to make it playable and add something fresh that they actually can add.

4 hours ago, SneakyHeal said:

The actual VNG does not have the source code - meaning they can't add actual brand new game assets they could edit in/etc. They work with what they have already. Aka manage old costumes into new ones/paint on costumes/make mobs into pets/ etc.

They're already working really hard to bring new content even though they can't actually make new content. Actual SB ended on being lvl 59 cap with probably more than half costumes not existing of what you have now. VNG worked with whatever the game had already to make it playable and add something fresh that they actually can add.

Actually Aeria ended SB at level 54 cap, VGN added the level 59 cap but used what information they got from Aeria till this last cap and customized every gear stats on their own, that's why it took so long. Personally they could have cut back on the time to make it if Vivi didn't even bother with making Normal, Magic, and Rare gears and stats since nobody in their right mind would use them over the Kappa uni gears.

5 hours ago, enkephalin07 said:

As far as source code, like Sneaky was saying there are certain things that they can't do like including BGs. But could use the Dragona game and integrate it into the SB game, which is why we have the Seona pet because it's a Boss that was integrated from Dragona. As far as creating original stuff, source code is a limiting factor. They can add pet dialogue to any pet, but limited to what a pet would look like in game to game content. Waiting on a Python pet skin drop for my other character. You can make suggestions, but sometimes the answer will end up being a no due to source code.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...