Class Feedback: CB & PU

Daddy

D0J8dRu.png

Hello!

We are going to be working on some changes a few classes at a time.

• First is Cyberblade and Punisher. Second will be Shadow Walker and Sentinel. Third will be Whipper and Defender. Medic will be last.

In this thread please post your constructive feedback on these two classes. Provide any alterations, alternative skill trees, change in debuffs, removal of skills, change in AoE sizes or # of target, damage, etc. This can also apply to the major mech, possibly even gear. Keep in mind that skill costs are necessary. CBs design is also a bit more restrictive in skill point usage so be aware of that.

• I will not tolerate any flaming in this thread. You are being warned ahead of time that I will mute/suspend/ban for anything against our community forum rules.

You may link to other threads if you have posted there. Please make sure its a direct link to the post in question.

Receiving information from class mains is helpful but I would also like the point of view of those that go against these classes. Whats too op? Whats too weak? What can be tweaked? How does it interact with other classes?

Helpful Threads:

Edited by Daddy
  • Like 2

Hello, I am PerVirtuous, a CB player and I have three ideas for changes to our skill tree. I tried to edit this please be understanding if my English is poor, this is my first time posting to this forum.

Firstly, I’d like to change ice.
Me Sabin and LordKonton agreed that it would be nice for all ice skills to be in the same tree.
I think it was Sabin and/or Jenga who thought ice debuff didn’t last long enough to get full benefit.
So I think the effects of ice should be mixed into the existing atomic tree. The first two slows would gain crit-eva/eva debuffs over the duration of the slow and the last slow in the tree would become a shorter duration immobilize paired with the more potent debuffs (more like how ice currently functions).

With this change CB would lose a little bit of immobilize potential in exchange for higher duration eva/crit-eva debuffs. However, I don’t think trading immobilize for slow should be a big deal.

Secondly, id like to change skill prerequisites.                                                                                                             

Me Sabin and LordKonton all max CB buffs, I think any good CB would… So in my opinion, these buffs which are widely used should be the main prerequisite for other skills, for instance guardian shout being prerequisite for suppressors shout, and reckless shout being prerequisite for skills like heart piercing and focused smite.

With this change the skill tree would be simpler for new players to understand, having a well defined defensive and offensive tree and less need to put points in undesirable skills.

Lastly, id like more charge skills.
LunaNyx says he pictures CB hard countering SE.
SE kit is all about creating distance between the SE and melee attackers to keep her safe, more charges will mean the SE need to keep the CB at 0 speed in order to succeed in that. Razor slice is currently a very undesirable skill, making it a charge and/or debuff may make it more popular as a skill. Having a charge on skull crack would also be nice.

Multiple charge skills would give CB a dynamic utility different from other classes, but this change is partly just something I personally would find fun.

Let us know what you think. Thank you for your time.

• Like 4

Hello!

I'm not really good at explaining in a constructive manner, but anyway here's just a little suggestion about PU (PVP-wise).

We all know Firing Squad is a very strong buff that gives you the cons of being immobile. The impact to me is that it's a big waste of buff if you can't even relocate yourself when you made a mistake on when to activate it. Yes i know, it's player error but then considering there are also classes that can freely move while having a huge buff with a considerable amount of cons as well (- void, - def, - resist but huge atk etc.)

So to my suggestion, what if we do somewhat the same for PU's firing squad? Maybe can do:

• Low movespeed (30 ~ 50? Considering there are attacks that can gradually decrease movespeed)
  • Lower damage buffs (or retain them)
  • Remove EVA & VOID buffs on FS (Instead, decrease eva & void?)
  • Lower its duration?

But anyway, the main suggestion here really is if there can be a balanced way to make PU's be able to move while on FS (of course all decisions are upto the GM's / GS). Since for me, Immobile or not while on FS, a good CC can bring down a PU, but being able to move while in FS also gives a good opportunity to correct some small positioning mistakes the player did.

Lastly I'm suggesting this since I'd also like to see a different approach of playing PU besides being the usual immobilized, but strong attack.

I'd like to know opinions too. So long as there's no flaming 🤣

Peace~ 😁

• Like 2

one thing i want everyone take attention are new skillstones(Stun and immobilize) that got released on this year halloween event, those should be first thing to observed how they affect both 1vs1 on every class and mass pvp, before we gonna start nerf or fix classes, since those can have so huge impact on pvp in this game particularly on mass pvp

• Like 2

I play a little PU only but i have some thoughts aswell.

I agree with Che that firing squad is the center of frustrations as PU. I havent even use the skill for its immobilize.

However I think its kind of central to PU's kit at this point to sacrifice utility for raw damage. I would suggest making the weakness of firing squad into its strength. When using firing squad a PU cant walk, why can it be pulled? if firing squad kept smart PU players in their strategic position with cocoons it would pose a benefit that I think would be greatly useful in pvp. 

Some bosses have 'cannot be pulled' status, and if this cant be affixed to firing squad maybe a 1% reflect can. Not for the sake of actually reflecting damage but to mess with pulls, pulls currently seem to have little to no counter play..

These are my thoughts. let me know what you think.

• Like 2

As for the Order I think the SW, SE, and ME should be configured at the same time since the SW and ME are mostly the two that go head to head and the SE is the ME protector for the most part. At least that's how it seems to play out when in PvP fights the SW will target MEs and SEs watch for SWs.

Just a thought, can you have a buff that increases the range of your attacks? So, like you attack skill that is set is at a 10m range but a buff adds an extra 5m range to your attack? That being said have a debuff that decreases the range of your attacks too.

PU

Take the passive damage mastery and divide it into 2 different damage mastery passives. 1 being physical base and the other chakra base?

Passive physical base will have
+100 and +30% with 20% acc

Passive chakra base will have
+220 and +40% with 15% ch-acc

you will remove the acc and ch-acc from Mind over body

Also, add a passive ch-resist/void or eva/ch-resist passive?

This will make players choose between the two attack types and they can also choose an option between greater attacks or greater def?

These passive skills can also be reduced by 5pts so it doesn't cost so much to max them out, but still costing more skill points to max more than 1 passive skill. So like currently you use 20 skill points and get both physical atks and ch-atks, but the new one you can either spend 30 skills points and max both, or go 10/10, 15/5, 5/15, or use all passive skills and place 5/5/5/5 in each.
CB

Again splitting the passive damage mastery into physical side and ch-atk side with taking the adding acc/ch-acc from other skills and placing them in the respective damage mastery passive skills?

As for all other skills up to others on how to adjust them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I am not keen on this approach as I feel the main issue with the game is buff/debuffs dps and heals have got out of hand. I have seen a lot of new players quit after getting fed up after spending ages to get decent gear then enter pvp and continuously get 1-2 shotted. If you adjust these classes to what they should be while leaving the medics to last the medics heals and buffs will still be breaking the game. Medics need to have 40k heals as the debuffs and dps across the board is so broken, even with full ancient DOT reduction I can take 7k per tick damage from DOT. I also agree with Bikini that you need to look at what new skill stones do to pvp as they have a huge potential to further break already broken PVP, it would have been a better approach to fix before you add new stuff. Lets remember the game sees its biggest drops in player base as soon as the novelty of new stuff wears off and people become fed up with how its made pvp worse.

I am not an expert on either class so I will say this take the classes back to what they are supposed to be, don't look at any class just as a counter to 1 other class look at how they fit in overall. Look at larger pvp.

A cb should be jack of all trades, this is what it was created as, it should not out defend the whipper (who is a secondary tank class) it should not out dps SW's, it should not just be a defender light as it currently is. Strip back alot of what was added, remember that defences have not increased with attacks as levels increase, as piercing stats have also increased. 

PU, a PU should be a glass cannon, it does damage but when directly attacked it should not be tanky, no matter the build. Remember that its cacoons are on top of other buffs so you need to think about how these interact, it should not be impossible for a WH / CB to pull those in a cacoon with medic buff. As with all other classes the PU's buffs should not make them god like and they should not only rely on having cacoons up to do more damage than other unbuffed classes. 

The PU has seen an incredible amount of "improvements" that have been to the detriment of the game over the last couple of years, removing charge times on skills, adding extra debuffs (Acc/ch acc decrease, extra slows) and increasing buffs of their cacoons. The slows need to go back to what they are, especially the new on needs to go, and the acc debuff also needs to go they have evasion on the cacoon they should not get an addition to this with an additional long range skill. Overall DPS should be reduced I was in PVP yesterday and was seeing 2 PU's making 6k hp hits on a buffed de in mech, this isn't right. Decrease the DPS in cacoons especially the critical, the critical PU's can get to now is silly, however slightly increase their base damage out of cacoons. However to do this you also need reduce medic heals or PVP gets even more medic dominated. 

Overall remember good pvp is not first to stun wins! 

• Like 1

should have fix ch-atk% scaling 1st, since its bug not scaling propely since i start playing sb, lets not forget pu  cacon used to last longer/ and fs duration was nerfd 5 second and cirt rate/crit atk got nerf aswell last year, and lets not forget pu mity impact also got nerf, for people who dont even play pu they think its ok and not a huge deal however for pu it is, just dont nerf pu anymore thats my point, pu supose to be main dps in this game but pu cant even kill buffed de 1v1 anymore, i get that de r tank class, pu on FS is immoblize but i have no complain about it, becuase thats the difrent betwen pu and sw/se/cb and the reality is pu arent the main dps anymore pu only usefull for cacon during team fight, true eva pu might be good if got medic but what about bikini se? everyone forgot full unis eva se +med + cacon is like 18k eva ?, if there is a change that i wan to see, i honestly wanted the old pu, way more stronger then current pu

CB suggestions

1) X Slash and Jump Slash reduced to 1 point each, as prerequisite for Heart Piercing(frees 3 points).add some ch acc to Reckless shout.
2) Move Razor Slice and  Suppressor shout to 5th tree, and bring Shockwave and Skin Repair to 4th tree.(having access to 2 ice should allow enough duration for eva debuffs)
3) Sudden howling 20m range at rank1 instead of 17m.Possibly reducing the cost of heart piercing to 8 points, its too expensive for what it does, compared to other debuffs( frees 5 pts)
4) CB mech, make auto attack a small aoe,like say SE mech, increase Tactical fire range from 15y to 20y,reduce dragging cooldown from 25 to 20 sec.
5) lastly give CB helmet the same crit void stats as that of PU/WH/DE.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Venom said:

CB suggestions

1) X Slash and Jump Slash reduced to 1 point each, as prerequisite for Heart Piercing(frees 3 points).add some ch acc to Reckless shout.
2) Move Razor Slice and  Suppressor shout to 5th tree, and bring Shockwave and Skin Repair to 4th tree.(having access to 2 ice should allow enough duration for eva debuffs)
3) Sudden howling 20m range at rank1 instead of 17m.Possibly reducing the cost of heart piercing to 8 points, its too expensive for what it does, compared to other debuffs( frees 5 pts)
4) CB mech, make auto attack a small aoe,like say SE mech, increase Tactical fire range from 15y to 20y,reduce dragging cooldown from 25 to 20 sec.
5) lastly give CB helmet the same crit void stats as that of PU/WH/DE.

OK this is all improve CB, but if everyone just wants their class better for less points you end up with a mess, we need balance not our own classes to be way better.

If you get some of this what are you prepared to lose?

9 minutes ago, Uninformed said:

OK this is all improve CB, but if everyone just wants their class better for less points you end up with a mess, we need balance not our own classes to be way better.

If you get some of this what are you prepared to lose?

its all improvements because to me CB is the class right now that needs the most improvements, i didn't notice anything that's super broken on them to require fixing/nerf.Maybe the extra skill points is questionable but everything else on that list is minor improvements that CB needs imo.it may seem like a whole lot  positive but if u have a cb take a closer look at the skills ,u will see that these are just minor stuff.But these are my views, feel free to agree/disagree or leave you own thoughts.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Uzora said:

more than 18 , like 20 k eva 

and about  PU have op Debuffs + acc buff + more better slows even what look weird .

slow on mec yea its useful but slow on arkana ? i dont remmeber any good pu using that build, name 1 pu using slow build ? i think none

On 11/15/2020 at 8:10 AM, GoddessSand said:

As for the Order I think the SW, SE, and ME should be configured at the same time since the SW and ME are mostly the two that go head to head and the SE is the ME protector for the most part. At least that's how it seems to play out when in PvP fights the SW will target MEs and SEs watch for SWs.

Just a thought, can you have a buff that increases the range of your attacks? So, like you attack skill that is set is at a 10m range but a buff adds an extra 5m range to your attack? That being said have a debuff that decreases the range of your attacks too.

PU

Take the passive damage mastery and divide it into 2 different damage mastery passives. 1 being physical base and the other chakra base?

Passive physical base will have
+100 and +30% with 20% acc

Passive chakra base will have
+220 and +40% with 15% ch-acc

you will remove the acc and ch-acc from Mind over body

Also, add a passive ch-resist/void or eva/ch-resist passive?

This will make players choose between the two attack types and they can also choose an option between greater attacks or greater def?

These passive skills can also be reduced by 5pts so it doesn't cost so much to max them out, but still costing more skill points to max more than 1 passive skill. So like currently you use 20 skill points and get both physical atks and ch-atks, but the new one you can either spend 30 skills points and max both, or go 10/10, 15/5, 5/15, or use all passive skills and place 5/5/5/5 in each.
CB

Again splitting the passive damage mastery into physical side and ch-atk side with taking the adding acc/ch-acc from other skills and placing them in the respective damage mastery passive skills?

As for all other skills up to others on how to adjust them.

while u at it why dont just say remove pu from game :F if ch acc/acc from MOB got remove how will pu hit sw/se?,

54 minutes ago, sufi yan said:

while u at it why dont just say remove pu from game :F if ch acc/acc from MOB got remove how will pu hit sw/se?,

First, you do see that the acc/ch-acc gets put on the passive attacks with the respective atk type. If 1 character could kill every character in the game without having to adjust for each character specifically then you have a broken class. Characters should have to work at killing other characters and not make it easy for them kill everybody.

I should add that SE's are weak against Ch-atks as they have no ch-eva and they aren't naturally ch-resist. SW's do have high ch-eva and eva, but once you can land stuns and disables on a SW you pretty much kill them with ease. So, the best for dealing with SE's and SW's in any case is going ch-atk with ch-acc.

• Like 1

• Daddy locked this topic