Developer Update: Skills & New Cap

Daddy

TWaiR9f.png

Greetings Commanders!

Mother has been listening to your feedback on the skillsets your Arkana have been using. She has some exciting announcements for you all. Please read this document thouroughly!

-------------------------------------

Message from ur Dad

Hello!

Myself and the gs team have been listening to all the feedback past year, and player frustration when the skills were first changed a couple years ago with 65 cap. Vivi and I have decided to go forward with reverting to the original Scarlet Blade skill trees at 54 Cap. Nothing else but skill stats will be touched! 

As you all saw, we wanted to take a different approach through adjusting 2 classes at a time but we feel it is better to go this new(old) route.

We are also going to be moving forward to 68 Cap. We are saving 69cap for something special for you all :) New zone????? 

I'm sure you have some questions, let me see if I can answer a few beforehand.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) We are reverting to original skills at lvl 54. We are increasing to lvl 68.

2) Levels 55-68 will be using SBs original incremental calculations for level increase. This means the skills be adjusted to fit into our new content.

3) Some original skills will need to be slightly altered to fit with current game differences from past SB. Example: Medic probably will need to have some changes in shadowfoil and enchanted projection for 60+ in order to fit the gear that was created for 65 cap. Defensive passives on DE/WH will need adjustments still due to being a bit uselesss on asb.

4) Current content is unaffected by this change. Nothing else is being reverted to 54 cap. (ie: costumes, bikes, etc)

5) 55+ Gear will be adjusted to fit with original SB calculations.

6) Skills will have additional levels. Example: idk the real numbers right now but Healer's Kiss is rank 15 in 54 cap. We will either adjust the levels or decide to add additonal ranks for skill point costs to a possible Healer's Kiss at lvl 68 to be rank 18. (not official numbers)

7) Cyberblade will not be its original form due to the weird skill tree. Once we have things setup a bit on Test server I will be created a thread for Cyberblade skill tree feedback. You will help with designing the new layout so the class can be more functional.

8 ) We will post polls on whether or not players want our new skills to be kept or removed. If they are kept they will be adjusted to fit with original sb.

9) Major 55 Mechs will have some adjustments.

10) Gear for 68 cap will include all accesory and gear pieces. Yes helm at lvl 68!

11) after release we will ask for feedback on the skill adjustments added for 55-68 in order to make sure its as close to what people are expecting.

12) you might not get an event for a little while but I will see if I can put an event at the same time as this patch.

13) Halloween Fix and other bugs/suggestion patch coming this week! 55+ will be given the 2 difficult to find title items via new quest.

14) Please keep in mind this may take a bit of time but should not be as long as it took before hand. Also keep note that I may not be able to provide all stats on release in a google sheet. I have to remake it ;---;

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the input everyone. I really love the game and want to see it continue to live! Do you have any other questions? I probably missed something. Feel free to also message me on discord!! Cowboy#8731

• Like 4

• Vivi pinned this topic

Perfect! I'll be looking forward to this, I think I can finally do something with the game again.

Another thing is that making stuffs too hard or too easy makes the game flat dead, maybe let's find a middle ground where drop rates, EXP and monster difficulty will pose challenge and maybe we can also separate items that are valuable(something that can make people vibrate whenever they get it) to that of common but necessary to have in order to do a decent PVP so people might feel rewarded instead of doing flat out chores.

1.how many days farming can we get lv 68 and how to get exp?

2. how is new gears drop rate

3.anything special for new gears?

4.will we add 3 skill pts?

you don't need to answer my question.

but my answer is

1.should be long time but long time is boring so i don't want it's only 1 way endless farming stupid mobs to get exp.

2.should be low.but how low?

3 add more different pve stats of different quality for each gear(only for pve).some drop rate should be  good some best stats gears drop rate sould be suck.this will be fun.but ppl will be not happy to enhance every gear from 1to12.Can it drop +8~+10gears directly?I hope you can learn something from the picture below.

4.i don't care.but I only want to ask.

234.png.028596b754f33863f016cf3aa6290175

• Like 1

• VGN GM
43 minutes ago, Brain said:

1.how many days farming can we get lv 68 and how to get exp?

2. how is new gears drop rate

3.anything special for new gears?

4.will we add 3 skill pts?

These are questions we can't answer since work for this patch hasn't started yet. When time gets closer and when we get more concrete ideas, then we'll be able to share more on it.

9 hours ago, enkephalin07 said:

Don't you think you might be jumping the gun on this decision? You've requested feedback on 2 classes, and appear to have gotten feedback on many more. Or is this some kind of punishment?

nah this has been on vivis mind for awhile and weve been debating for awhile. this is actually more overwhelmingly positive so not sure how its a punishment o. o  most people don't like the new skill changes the previous gs did and the ones i implement to offset. i just had a lot more people dm me since that thread was opened and decided with vivi to just go for it. not upset at all. it will also be nice to increase the cap with original sb stuff.

Giving Idea for the lv68 Cap

Hola all vendettagn.com community. It is an enjoyment to know that cap lv will be raise. I would like to give my most honest commentary on this soon to be changed on this game and to add Mother's ideas list. This is good to be thought about for that update for Scarlet Blade Vendetta videogame.

Ideas for when the Cap lv68 Raise

1. Don't add more Ranking Titles - It already had been added ones recently.
  2. Add +8 skills points, 2 sp for every level. - For every level up, there should be a good reward. Best one to consider to gain more skills points. 
  3. 2 Month Daily Quest Event for the New Cap of lv68 raised with Experience booster and Rank chips on Main areas like Enocia and Mereholt. - A event that celebrates the new cap raise brings excellent vibes. Even better if it is made on basic maps like Enocia and Mereholt, where the new players spend time around. Usually, on raw playing this summer and fall and before the Halloween event, Enocia was a ghost town map. When new players started, they would see chats around at times, but no players to play with or ask. This makes a critical impact on many new players than would just be decided to leave the game, even if one tries to help them out. It convinces players to stay if there players around at all times in main maps. 
  4. Special costume reward of the moment for all players that participated in the game on that season of new raise cap—1 for every account of the player that was online on vendettagn.com
  5. A pack of 10 to 15 resetskills item on a special quest. - It will really help out for the try and error for the players trying the new changes of there Arkana skill tree.

Hope this can be well considered. See ya. Adios.

• Like 7

Just out of curiosity, are you going to fix some of the major problems with certain characters that was happening during the level 54 cap? From my recollection the SW was barely playable at the level 54 cap due to issues with concealment and DPS, not to mention consistent lack of protection. 

From here down are underlined Statements/question for topics of discussion. Following those are me explaining how I think they would work. If you don't want to read between the lines that's fine, but those underline items are topics I think the GSs and Vivi need to consider in raising the cap.

As far as new items, can you please space out where items drop?

Explaination for reason of the question - Players complain about not having any PvP and yet they don't enter BGs. I recommend making all gear craftable, but you get craftable items by doing a variety of tasks instead of just farming a dg endlessly or pray you get the item from a Boss. Like make it more of a requirement to enter BGs to get an item specifically from a BG to craft a piece of gear. That would force players to enter a BG if they want certain gear. Either you have it drop that item in particular or several items used to craft a particular gear or get something from the win/loss reward. Then you have a requirement to enter DGs for other parts of the gear or a particular gear you need. Then you have PvP bosses that drop already crafted items so players would want to pvp over these. Mind you Hounds got a huge increase in difficulty, but the loot is shit so people don't pvp over them because they are too difficult first of all and drops suck so why waste time on them. Find a good middle ground, these could have drops too that you could get from a DG. Mind you I still want to see BG specific loot so players participate in more BGs in numbers. 

I also recommend fixing Bosses in DV to be more competitive and have them drop items people want without making them too hard.

Explanation for the statement on DV - I also recommend to consider how aggro works on these bosses because I think the last thing players want is one player on the other faction pulling aggro and resetting the boss constantly and nobody being able to stop this. I think if a player is going to try and pull aggro to reset the boss that they get the brunt of the damage from the boss. The other type who will get the brunt damage from a boss would be those individual players who have the highest DPS on the boss. This would need some working so that a player players on the same faction would want to make sure they pull aggro to keep their DPS from taking damage. But what if there's also a possibility of stealing the boss from the other faction by forming a better PT than the other faction even though their numbers are less. It would require factions to create the best DPS team that they could possibly come up with to take it over just having the greater numbers. If the boss doesn't move so players can't reset it, then it would be best to have it full on attack the player who has done the most damage over the player who pulled aggro.

I also recommend that if exp farming for hours is going to be a thing, maybe have mobs drop a particular item here for Crafting a gear item. That would add to the items need to be obtained from DGs and BGs so players get a well rounded immersion into the game.

To maybe make it so daily and repeatable quests for each of these aspects can/should be done in a BG, DG, or farming.

Explanation of the statement on daily quests -  Kinda like in BGs you complete a daily by entering a BG, you complete a repeatable quest by finishing the BG. This is obtained with an item given as a consolation or reward to turn in to signify you stayed the entire match but that it disappears once used to obtain a craft item so it's not staying in the inventory like the Easter items and you don't have to actually perform the task to complete it daily or repeatedly. These are besides also getting these extra items from within the BG loot system. For DGs you have a daily quest that gives you an item for completing a DG once a day or so many times a day but it also gives you that same item from the loot system. The Exp farming quest would be similar to the current event farming quest where you complete it for Sweets, but mobs also drop sweets, so it's like a bonus for farming a specific number of mobs. 

Mind you all craftable items wouldn't be just a simple one day and you got it, but maybe like you enter 20 BGs and you can lose every BG but it will give you enough from the consolations that you can craft one item. This amount would be less if you won, but entering is the important part.

• Like 3

• VGN GM
16 hours ago, enkephalin07 said:

Don't you think you might be jumping the gun on this decision? You've requested feedback on 2 classes, and appear to have gotten feedback on many more. Or is this some kind of punishment?

This has indeed been a consideration we've been thinking about for awhile now. The unhappiness with our attempts to change haven't just been since those threads were made, but rather well over a year of us attempting to please everyone.

So we'd rather just pack it in, give it up and go back to the roots of it all and go from there.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Vivi said:

This has indeed been a consideration we've been thinking about for awhile now. The unhappiness with our attempts to change haven't just been since those threads were made, but rather well over a year of us attempting to please everyone.

So we'd rather just pack it in, give it up and go back to the roots of it all and go from there.

now this jsut made me wan to play sb again

14 hours ago, Mar said:

Giving Idea for the lv68 Cap

Hola all vendettagn.com community. It is an enjoyment to know that cap lv will be raise. I would like to give my most honest commentary on this soon to be changed on this game and to add Mother's ideas list. This is good to be thought about for that update for Scarlet Blade Vendetta videogame.

Ideas for when the Cap lv68 Raise

1. Don't add more Ranking Titles - It already had been added ones recently.
  2. Add +8 skills points, 2 sp for every level. - For every level up, there should be a good reward. Best one to consider to gain more skills points. 
  3. 2 Month Daily Quest Event for the New Cap of lv68 raised with Experience booster and Rank chips on Main areas like Enocia and Mereholt. - A event that celebrates the new cap raise brings excellent vibes. Even better if it is made on basic maps like Enocia and Mereholt, where the new players spend time around. Usually, on raw playing this summer and fall and before the Halloween event, Enocia was a ghost town map. When new players started, they would see chats around at times, but no players to play with or ask. This makes a critical impact on many new players than would just be decided to leave the game, even if one tries to help them out. It convinces players to stay if there players around at all times in main maps. 
  4. Special costume reward of the moment for all players that participated in the game on that season of new raise cap—1 for every account of the player that was online on vendettagn.com
  5. A pack of 10 to 15 resetskills item on a special quest. - It will really help out for the try and error for the players trying the new changes of there Arkana skill tree.

Hope this can be well considered. See ya. Adios.

should take this into cosideration

• Like 1

Finally. Please, add some new stuff for the lower caps too, new players will quit the game fast if they don't see any action in the first 40 levels of the game, i just see new players every day in enocia, talk with them and see them logging for 3-4 days and then they are gone forever. You can't let *some particular RG players that i will not name* camp  caergate and viledon forever, lvl 39-55 bunker as well. Please at least make the guards în viledon Base 1 shot enemy like you did on those în Amara. 

Please make the leveling easy, most players are from different timezones and is hard to find party for level up. And if a new map is added for that please make it accesible for players lower than 65, maybe some of us have alts and we will not be able to level them if we can't be with the lvl65 players in the same place.

Will that skill tree revert to ASB system also solve the damage calculation not displaying corectly when you hover the mouse over the skill ?

I really hope you will get the stats on the new items right. Thats the only thing that can cause class inbalance, even tough its just a helmet and a bangle, adding too much damage on a bangle or too much defense on helmet can imbalance a 1v1 fight (not talking about jewelry because thats the same for everyone).

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Terresa said:

Finally.

But please make the leveling easy, most players are from different timezones and is hard to find party for level up. And if a new map is added for that please make it accesible for players lower than 65, maybe some of us have alts and we will not be able to level them if we can't be with the lvl65 players in the same place.

Will that skill tree revert to ASB system also solve the damage calculation not displaying corectly when you hover the mouse over the skill ?

I really hope you will get the stats on the new items right. Thats the only thing that can cause class inbalance, even tough its just a helmet and a bangle, adding too much damage on a bangle or too much defense on helmet can imbalance a 1v1 fight (not talking about jewelry because thats the same for everyone).

thats why i say should take to consideration to make dual log possible again it will help pop the server populatiom

• Like 1

• VGN GM
12 hours ago, Terresa said:

new players will quit the game fast if they don't see any action in the first 40 levels of the game

Progression is "action", there are quests, dungeons and gear progression in those levels. If that isn't enough for a new player playing an MMORPG then they picked the wrong game genre. It's not difficult to level past those levels and we provide enough free consumables to help ease that process further.

Am I mistaken here?

The main problem altogether with MMORPG's these days is there needs to be blow out the water systems and instant gratification on every corner as if participation medals need handing out for every step of the way. This is why we're lost for choice on MMORPG's to play these days isn't it? (sarcastic comment).

The one thing that made MMORPG's lasting and fun was the work you had to put into your characters. You appreciated what you did and what you accomplished. Today's audience misses that point and it's expected now to be riddled with content that you will surpass and gladly remind those devs that it is now "useless" or "dead".

Kinda passive aggressive comment, more of a rant about the entire scene in general. Please don't assume it's directed at you @Terresa as it isn't, it's just the subject as a whole being someone who loves these kinda games hates what the scene is becoming as a whole.

PS: I know I sound like a Boomer right now! haha

• Like 2

Im not sure this is the right topic to post this but if we will be advancing in things could I give a suggestion aswell? It is mainly a pvp thing but since I play a SW'er I often tend to fight around ppls buffs and debuffs. Due to the amount of buffs ppl have lately its actually impossible to see them all. For example I am fighting a WH who currently has all Hypos up, a random world buff, a medallion and something random for example; then I pretty mutch am unable to see when the WH is having their Defenders might or Soulshield active besides if I look at the person itself leaving me still guessing on how long it will last. Is there a possibility to make the buffs with the lowest durations appear first? Like I see no use of us having to know that someone hypos runs out in 50 minutes or so while they got a their shoulshield up or have a medic buff or anything like that.

2 hours ago, Bash said:

Progression is "action", there are quests, dungeons and gear progression in those levels. If that isn't enough for a new player playing an MMORPG then they picked the wrong game genre.

I understand what you say but its MMORPG (massively multiplayer online...), don't you think they need to have some help to do those quests ? i cannot believe that one sentinel or sw can go right to suberranean factory at level 31 and complete all the quests there. There should be something that keep current players go back to their low lvl alts and help the newbies (its not that they don't usually want to, they no loger see the point of using their viledon alts if they don't get anything significant in return). Why not make ignis vortex and the 2 nemessis dungeons drop something we (as high lvl players) need ? We go farm and we encounter new players that want to do quests, after we finish the dungeon with them we show them the map bosses and eventually take them down with their help. This ain't a single player game, you can't grind alone forever; think abut entering a new online game and your screen gets spammed with messages (x got sp earrings, y got wizard trinq, z got tears of the spider queen), you realize you are the only one in the map and the fun is somewhere else, noone helps you unless you are lucky to find some bored dude in enocia that can help you wit their alts. I repeat myself a lot i know, but all i want to suggest is:

Replace that useless uniques in starter packs with improved gears, noone tells newbies those are trash, i find so many 25-39 players in janus and turnpike with +8 nt uniques, noone tells them even normal tradable rares are better,

Give them a daily or 3 day cd quest that gives them at least 1 nt unique laser scanner, what point in getting uniques from dungeons if you can't use them ? We got tons of those in the last event but low level player could not, they will not stay forever 120G in ah, and even if its lower, they will have to pay up to 500 G for scanners or even more until they get the good stats, what is left for the enhancing ?

Every time you introduce a new patch, with new costumes, new dungeons, fixes for the skills, you avoid solving the the small problems that don't seem important to you (but they are in the long run). @Bash i beg you, enhance the viledon base guards's damage. I just can't get over the fact that newbies get raided hard if somoene notices there are more than 2 players in the base. There are imbalances in the lower caps too you know ? Aren't the low level battlegrounds and map bosses the progression you talk about ? Progression doesn't allways mean leveling, you can return to 39 or 49 to farm something and have some fun. Where is the fun if you are unfortunate enought to be a newbie with a bad timezone, noone to help you get the unique shoes from cairn or asmodeus, but there is 1 fully geared enemy.

I once asked someone to come viledon for 1v1, he came but someone saw us go to ns and it became 1v2, thats ok, the third one comes in their team, thats ok i can take one down at least, one more player comes to help me finally, but the enemy team now has 5 players (and they are not there for fun just for that instant gratification they get when they kill you in spawn point and don't even let you heal up, and they also put wanted on you so everyone see how awesome they are <<< its not for kill achievement i am sure they got it a long time ago), i regged for janus next and gues what they did not, because that would bring them and us in equal numbers. Do you want to let new players experience that ? It is like this since i returned to lvl 39 with a new class i try to learn.

Do what you think its right, its your game, but if you don't want to implement any of the above, at least include a gameplay manual button in the launcher that opens up a pdf with instructions. Don't let them waste resources on base gear, or spend too much for items they might get later in the game, put your gm's or gs explain the class combos to them, you chose them to help layers afterall - they can't allways be online to answer questions and most non- english players won't even bother if they don't understand the question, not everyone is returning player to know all, and let them know the server is actually populated, not all come to forums and make account to see the online players or chat for help. Don't let half of the game dead please. How are they suposed to have fun when they start against +12 gear players ? if they wanted to fell like working on a character they could go play fallout or skyrim or any other rpg, but they chose mmorpg because they want some human interaction as well. You don't have to give them instant gratification allways , but something to keep them in the game long enought for a guild to notice them and take them in.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bash said:

"The one thing that made MMORPG's lasting and fun was the work you had to put into your characters."

This is  the way things should be.

2 hours ago, Bash said:

Someone who loves these kinda games hates what the scene is becoming as a whole.

The way things are going atm.

This is why things need change, even if it means we need to backtrack a little bit. We have so many ideas, I'll make a thread one of these days about the stuffs we came up in discord, changes we think that are good for playerbase.

7 hours ago, Terresa said:

I understand what you say but its MMORPG (massively multiplayer online...), don't you think they need to have some help to do those quests ? i cannot believe that one sentinel or sw can go right to suberranean factory at level 31 and complete all the quests there. There should be something that keep current players go back to their low lvl alts and help the newbies (its not that they don't usually want to, they no loger see the point of using their viledon alts if they don't get anything significant in return). Why not make ignis vortex and the 2 nemessis dungeons drop something we (as high lvl players) need ? We go farm and we encounter new players that want to do quests, after we finish the dungeon with them we show them the map bosses and eventually take them down with their help. This ain't a single player game, you can't grind alone forever; think abut entering a new online game and your screen gets spammed with messages (x got sp earrings, y got wizard trinq, z got tears of the spider queen), you realize you are the only one in the map and the fun is somewhere else, noone helps you unless you are lucky to find some bored dude in enocia that can help you wit their alts. I repeat myself a lot i know, but all i want to suggest is:

Replace that useless uniques in starter packs with improved gears, noone tells newbies those are trash, i find so many 25-39 players in janus and turnpike with +8 nt uniques, noone tells them even normal tradable rares are better,

Give them a daily or 3 day cd quest that gives them at least 1 nt unique laser scanner, what point in getting uniques from dungeons if you can't use them ? We got tons of those in the last event but low level player could not, they will not stay forever 120G in ah, and even if its lower, they will have to pay up to 500 G for scanners or even more until they get the good stats, what is left for the enhancing ?

Every time you introduce a new patch, with new costumes, new dungeons, fixes for the skills, you avoid solving the the small problems that don't seem important to you (but they are in the long run). @Bash i beg you, enhance the viledon base guards's damage. I just can't get over the fact that newbies get raided hard if somoene notices there are more than 2 players in the base. There are imbalances in the lower caps too you know ? Aren't the low level battlegrounds and map bosses the progression you talk about ? Progression doesn't allways mean leveling, you can return to 39 or 49 to farm something and have some fun. Where is the fun if you are unfortunate enought to be a newbie with a bad timezone, noone to help you get the unique shoes from cairn or asmodeus, but there is 1 fully geared enemy.

I once asked someone to come viledon for 1v1, he came but someone saw us go to ns and it became 1v2, thats ok, the third one comes in their team, thats ok i can take one down at least, one more player comes to help me finally, but the enemy team now has 5 players (and they are not there for fun just for that instant gratification they get when they kill you in spawn point and don't even let you heal up, and they also put wanted on you so everyone see how awesome they are <<< its not for kill achievement i am sure they got it a long time ago), i regged for janus next and gues what they did not, because that would bring them and us in equal numbers. Do you want to let new players experience that ? It is like this since i returned to lvl 39 with a new class i try to learn.

Do what you think its right, its your game, but if you don't want to implement any of the above, at least include a gameplay manual button in the launcher that opens up a pdf with instructions. Don't let them waste resources on base gear, or spend too much for items they might get later in the game, put your gm's or gs explain the class combos to them, you chose them to help layers afterall - they can't allways be online to answer questions and most non- english players won't even bother if they don't understand the question, not everyone is returning player to know all, and let them know the server is actually populated, not all come to forums and make account to see the online players or chat for help. Don't let half of the game dead please. How are they suposed to have fun when they start against +12 gear players ? if they wanted to fell like working on a character they could go play fallout or skyrim or any other rpg, but they chose mmorpg because they want some human interaction as well. You don't have to give them instant gratification allways , but something to keep them in the game long enought for a guild to notice them and take them in.

89%  agree with everything u say

• Like 1

Speaking from the perspective of being a newbie here twice, many years apart, the base gear sets are a generous gift. You get a serviceable set of equipment so you don't have to invest deeply in gear that will go obsolete, which is not something you want to do until after you're farming enough gold to lavish your alt with gifts. Granted you probably won't be soloing many dungeon bosses or competing well against later generation alts, but it'll get you far enough to learn the game. At least until Babiron, when plot and quests become so sparse that advancement becomes drudgery.

• Daddy unpinned this topic
  • Vivi locked this topic