Developer Update: Skills & New Cap

Daddy

I can agree on Medic Phoenix Song sucking pretty badly, especially compared to RX fury. I remember one of Sentinel's ults being crap too. Not sure if it's possible to fix ults or change them around a little, but I would be down with changing CD and even changing ults to make them benefit the class more. That is just me though.
Phoenix is fun to troll with, but that's all it's really good for. Trolling. lol.

Yeah, I would troll every now and then with Ravaging.  They're so expensive in CP, that its discouraging to use for what they do.  I concur with Sand's assessment concerning Jack of Blades, even though I don't have it.

Edited by Norleras

Don't go back to cap 54 skill tree, it's gonna be a bullshit because u won't be able to just revert without consequences, regardless the fact if u gonna keep the new skills or not. It gonna cause a lot of issues and bugs and u all will end up working ad reworking for atleast 1 year. 
Currently after last skill change patch there were a lot of ups and downs, however, these over the time have been worked on and a lot have also been fixed, you now are going to revert all and to undo all ur effort and work, We have imo reached a good point atm despite the present issues which are way less than what we gonna have if a revert happens, because u gonna try to keep some changes, because yes, u change 1 thing in this game and it bugs other things at same time without wanting, so why to not rather tweak what we have now becasue we are know all the issues with it because everyone is familiar to the current situation? reworking all means another way to find a solution, ppl think that gonna solve the issues, it won't. It instead gonna work opposite. 

This is just my own point of view, I think the decision was born from the fact that the management wishes to move the current cap forward since it was stagnating for years. The previous skill changes was made to accommodate the current max cap without actually taking into consideration future changes, the previous series of changes was not cohesive and flexible and was made to compensate the changes that players insisted to make their own classes, let's just say "enjoyable".

By reverting to the original skill layout and formula, it adds fluidity in the game's skill system. we can add level caps on top of our current cap by following the increment rate at which the skills will level up and the magnitude they get per level.(which was actually forgotten and/or due to the series of changes were not sure how and when these skills level up)

Reverting the changes will also clear all the changes that was made on a moment's notice due to the pressure added by the community that ends up causing unforeseen imbalances, I know that most of players over time became quite comfortable with the current skills, when was months ago it has been criticized 24/7.

The question getting beg to answer is: We will end up using the old 54 aeria skills? but we spent lot of time addressing old problems, we will just end up fixing them again. quick answer: reverting to the original SB skill doesn't mean that we have to use it, we just want the mechanic and the fluidity that the original developers intended. - "No problem should ever have to be solved twice."

• We can use the system mechanic but keep VGN good changes like passives etc.
  • We don't have to worry about messing the lower cap since we follow the original route.
  • We can improve upon it and rescale the levels if deemed necessary(ex. rescale passive to LV15 by dividing the current max level to 15 and from there we can use Liveplex formula of level increment)

I think we will not go back to the stone age just like how most of the players perceive the upcoming patch, we just need a solid foundation or groundwork in which we can work upon to avoid problems in the ongoing 69 cap release, adding another cap isn't just as simple as putting another 1 or 2 levels on top of the skills and viola *New cap confirmed* we have to follow the original pattern, it will make the work much easier for the devs if we use the original blueprint.

I didn't really read everyone's post, kind of skimmed over it but these are my personal opinions on things I would like changed or brought back

EXP Boosters: I liked when we could go to Idel to get our 1000% booster once a day (Idk if it was NT or not) it really helped me and probably others with level a character and it could help with people on the upcoming patch.

Costumes: I personally think the unique costume drop in TT needs to be altered. The AH is packed with Sweet Candy Strippers and it sucks considering the fact that the price went down and I remember that it was extremely tough for me to even get one.

Auction Gold Cap: I've had this problem for years and im pretty sure others have now too, the prices in AH is wayyyyyyy to over priced on certain items like lingerie, grafts, and possible bikes too going for 20k+ for those kind of items! That's way to ridiculous and way too overpriced

Achievements: Some of the achievements are honestly pointless to me and I dont see me ever really trying to obtain it, maybe there could be a way to make them better by getting a title exclusive outfit? because getting the title is nice but I would like for it to be actually do able and not impossible like "how long you were online" in scarlet blade.

and that's all I really have for the moment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, MilkyWays said:

I didn't really read everyone's post, kind of skimmed over it but these are my personal opinions on things I would like changed or brought back

EXP Boosters: I liked when we could go to Idel to get our 1000% booster once a day (Idk if it was NT or not) it really helped me and probably others with level a character and it could help with people on the upcoming patch.

They did away with it because players have 100's of them as they would stay at a lower cap till they gathered more than they needed.

Costumes: I personally think the unique costume drop in TT needs to be altered. The AH is packed with Sweet Candy Strippers and it sucks considering the fact that the price went down and I remember that it was extremely tough for me to even get one.

Agreed, Sweet Candy Strippers are good for only a few characters to use as their main costume.

Auction Gold Cap: I've had this problem for years and im pretty sure others have now too, the prices in AH is wayyyyyyy to over priced on certain items like lingerie, grafts, and possible bikes too going for 20k+ for those kind of items! That's way to ridiculous and way too overpriced

Ya, the price on items going for half of the gold a person can carry at one time is too ridiculous.

Achievements: Some of the achievements are honestly pointless to me and I dont see me ever really trying to obtain it, maybe there could be a way to make them better by getting a title exclusive outfit? because getting the title is nice but I would like for it to be actually do able and not impossible like "how long you were online" in scarlet blade.

If you want The Infinite or The One titles you need 4000 achievement points to get them. So, doing anything that gets you that amount is going to be for many whatever is the easiest method although there are other achievements needed as well.

and that's all I really have for the moment.

• Like 1

• Daddy unpinned this topic
  • 1 year later...
  • Vivi locked this topic