Quality of Life Suggestion page

RozenniaChan

Heya! Many of you have been playing the game for quite some time, but I am here today to suggest changes that will benefit how you play the game. If any of you have any constructive criticism or suggestions on how the game can be improved, please feel free to comment down below!

• Rapiers should deal pierce damage

Rapiers are historically known to be piercing weapons. They are designed to pierce through chainmail and some other armors so it would only make sense for rapiers to deal pierce damage. This would also give players more options to play the game how they like.

• General NPC Merchant card

Many of you may run dungeons to sell the dropped items for gold. The only issue is that many of you need to use a glitch to do so while inside of the dungeons. Adding a item that allows you to open a NPC merchant shop anywhere would fix that. This item could be a 1-time use item or it could work like the portable bank and auction house and could also be bought with EP. This item could also have the auto-sell feature like normal NPC merchants do.

• Auto-sell option for blue items

The auto-sell option should have the option to auto-sell non-archivable and blue items that cannot be turned into CCM. This isn't as big of a suggestion since selling the blue items manually isn't much of an issue, but it is still something that would be very nice.  

• [Redacted due to not being very noticeable] 

I may or may not add more suggestions to this page if I remember other suggestions I wanted to mention. Like I said at the beginning, feel free to comment any changes or suggestions you think would make a good change to the game!

Anywho, I'm off. Buhbai~

Edited by RozenniaChan
altered suggestions
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• VGN GM

There is a lot of reasons to keep pierce damage limited to ranged weapons for content purposes. Just a quick example is making a boss break to Pierce and not Slash to force PDPS players to play ranged DPS classes. Little subtle things like this are done all the time and have been done since I started creating dungeons in this game. So atleast for now, especially with the dominance of classes like Executioner I do not want to open this door.

Edit: I would also like to add the only way to make bosses immune to anything but pierce is to not allow this change either. It's a pandora's box of issues that will create a lot of problems on the making good and challenging content side of things.

NPC Merchant card is something that is possible but the amount of hours it would take to create this feature, test this feature and make sure its 100% bug proof is just not worth the reward. Yeh it's a cool idea but I also have a IRL job to do and also 2 versions of the game to run, so when I do work on the game I have to be very cautious with time and weigh up the benefits of time spend and the impact of a feature. So something like this would be very far down my TODO list for sure.

The auto-sell blue is on my TODO list along with things such as Gear Swap slots. It will be done, however its again not very high on the TODO list as I have many other things todo especially during this time of the year where people want event content aswell as game content.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Test dummies

Test dummies would make for a very nice edition for those who simply want to test out their damage. While sure, you could just go find a random guild boss or mutant monster to poke, but that usually requires you to be geared and other contributing factors could effect your damage such as random beneficial buffs that those bosses would have. Implementing test dummies wouldn't be much of an issue either, although it would be necessary for the test dummy to reset when you get too far away from it to prevent people from staying in combat. 

To quote you an answer on an old suggestion we had not so long ago

A punching mob was possible I added one in Twin Saga before it was closed down. However, I find that theres too many variables that can be tested and it will never be up to a satisfactory level. You could never test everything you ever wanted to test so thats why I've just kind of stayed away from it.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2020 at 1:38 AM, Herakles said:

To quote you an answer on an old suggestion we had not so long ago

A punching mob was possible I added one in Twin Saga before it was closed down. However, I find that theres too many variables that can be tested and it will never be up to a satisfactory level. You could never test everything you ever wanted to test so thats why I've just kind of stayed away from it.

My intention for a test dummy was purely for DPS. Although, I feel like test dummies would be better if paired with some sort of DPS meter that would display your average damage per second.

• Smart Targeting

Smart targeting would allow the user to use skills without needing to have a target selected at first. The smart targeting would automatically target the closest nearby enemy when using a skill. This is just a very minor suggestion but it would be a bit nicer if something like this was implemented. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Account-wide Achievements

One of the biggest things that is scaring off new players is the amount of crafting that is needed to be done in order to become geared. This is fine and all but needing to do all of this for each and every character you create is a very large task. Some of the stuff you need to do is even harder nowadays due to not many people running 25p raids to kill Quetzalcoatl. So adding in account-wide achievements would be a great addon. Achievements would be locked behind the level that is required to complete them in the first place. So for example, the Lv60 orange crafting achievements for clubs would be locked behind level 60. Then and only then will the player gain the stats given from that achievement.  

I think glyphs needs QoL, either
1. Make them 30 days as everyone keeps saying,
2. or give them a way to be "recharged" via custom arcane box item fused from racial mats.
Not to mention, many glyph pack sellers find the RNG horrendous when opening packs,
3. they shud be given an option to throw the thing into arcane box and choose what glyphs they want.

Some of these cud be really hard to do, but maybe just add it to the list, idk.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/20/2020 at 11:11 AM, SmolShibe said:

2. or give them a way to be "recharged" via custom arcane box item fused from racial mats.
Not to mention, many glyph pack sellers find the RNG horrendous when opening packs,
3. they shud be given an option to throw the thing into arcane box and choose what glyphs they want.

I think that glyphs are an integral part of the economy. Sure, it's pretty annoying having to buy new ones every two weeks but it isn't the worst thing. I do agree that it would be a lot nicer if they were changed to last longer though. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• VGN GM
On 12/3/2020 at 11:57 AM, RozenniaChan said:
  • Smart Targeting

Smart targeting would allow the user to use skills without needing to have a target selected at first. The smart targeting would automatically target the closest nearby enemy when using a skill. This is just a very minor suggestion but it would be a bit nicer if something like this was implemented. 

It's a very old game running on very old and very un-optimized code.

This is definatly something that would be categorized as a distant dream. Not saying impossible but very unlikely that this will ever be a thing.

On 12/19/2020 at 6:48 PM, RozenniaChan said:
  • Account-wide Achievements

One of the biggest things that is scaring off new players is the amount of crafting that is needed to be done in order to become geared. This is fine and all but needing to do all of this for each and every character you create is a very large task. Some of the stuff you need to do is even harder nowadays due to not many people running 25p raids to kill Quetzalcoatl. So adding in account-wide achievements would be a great addon. Achievements would be locked behind the level that is required to complete them in the first place. So for example, the Lv60 orange crafting achievements for clubs would be locked behind level 60. Then and only then will the player gain the stats given from that achievement.  

This has been discussed in many different discussion threads and is not really an option as again would require a very large amount of work which at the moment I atleast do not have the time to commit to this.

This will also not benefit new players as new players will still have to do them. With the ability to change class at any given moment there is no need for new players to make multiple characters when they don't even have 1 character fully geared or atleast reasonably geared. Yes you are correct that the amount of crafting could scare someone off, but they would still be scared off regardless as they still ahve to do it in the first place.

Additionally I'm not really sure what Quetzalcoatl has to do with Achievements as he does not contribute anything towards such things other than Awaken 95 Armors which is already account sharable via the Awaken Nerd Scroll when you complete all the armor sets.

So although I get why this would help veteran players who might wanna re-roll character for a specific racial skill or just change race for asthetic purposes. This isn't something that is simple and is a bit more than a QoL. So even if I do decide to do this there is atleast 2 years of backlogged QoL's that would be prioritized over this.

Additionally in my opinion as much as people my flame me for this opinion having achievements character based is better for the games economy too. It's not uncommon for veteran players to reroll characters and those are the players who tend to have more than enough gold to do so. This gold gets eaten by the game's system and in turn takes it out of the economy. We already give a handful of free Stardust to help players work on their Achievements not to mention Stardust being reletively easy to get off the crystal altar too (Especially Low Level stuff). So it's not like its that hard and if you run your dailys each day you can get through the relevant achievements quite fast. Then for achievements that are harder like the Enchant one for example, we do offer a way to transfer the achievement title to an Alt via the Vivi NPC in Aven.

On 12/20/2020 at 7:11 PM, SmolShibe said:

1. Would harm the Glyph selling market which I'm not sure how much you appreciate this but I know atleast back when I played this was always a very good way for bears to make money or people who put work into a bear can make money. Yes you could double the Material cost and such but overall it will make bears less profitable and that's not a place a GM/DEV should be stepping in.

2. Ditto answer 1 (More so infact).

3. The RNG is the cost of making a money from Racials. Just like how other races have to spent time rolling the racial over and over again with 5-10x the material cost than a bear does. The RNG is fine how it is.

Again that's all my opinion from playing this game for many years before and to be completely honest it was worse before when there was 5 glyphs to choose from. Yeh you could make your own bear and roll the glyph you want but finding the niche glyphs that people find "useless" was a real hard task to do. Where as now if a bear has say a Bard glyph they can just open it till they get the one you want to buy or if you're looking for a Niche glyph, you can probebly find them and cheaper than market value as they likely will have lots to spare.

• Thanks 1

On 12/20/2020 at 1:11 PM, SmolShibe said:

As a glyph maker of my own glyphs (and others) on Aeria and here, I think this is an awful idea. 2 weeks is already a decent amount imo, if anything I don't think extending it by more than 3 weeks is a good idea. For the "recharged" and arcane box fusing is just bad imo. This will ruin a lot of peoples money and make the time they spend farming mats on many characters useless, and they make a living off selling packs so that isn't very nice for these people.

• Like 1

"Profit" really? glyph packs are 21 items, most of them RNG, last only 2 weeks, and only give u 6k gold? an amount thats less than a days worth of PoD farm? thats not a profit but a chore at this point.
More ppl wud be encouraged to make glyphs if the glyph making process got some QoL, and theres tons of ppl screaming on world chat about how they wud pay 15k per pack if the duration got increased to 30 days. If anything, if the mat cost isnt touched, just the duration, it wud make glyph selling more profitable.
Maybe it will hurt some glyph sellers, but honestly if u established a reputation in the community as a glyph maker/seller like Mari/Judgement/North44, ppl wud still flock to u for glyphs.

As for the arcane box, cant it be made so that its a bear racial custom item that is only unlocked after u fill up all the glyph slots? ppl who alrdy have fully completed bears will have it, ppl who dont alrdy have bear alts are gonna be too lazy to make one, instead just buying from existing glyph sellers, who now only have to make 1 item instead of 21.

The community WILL adjust to the QoLs if any are made, these "profit" concerns shudnt really have that big of an impact.

On 12/22/2020 at 10:46 AM, Jordan said:

It's a very old game running on very old and very un-optimized code.

This is definatly something that would be categorized as a distant dream. Not saying impossible but very unlikely that this will ever be a thing.

This has been discussed in many different discussion threads and is not really an option as again would require a very large amount of work which at the moment I atleast do not have the time to commit to this.

This will also not benefit new players as new players will still have to do them. With the ability to change class at any given moment there is no need for new players to make multiple characters when they don't even have 1 character fully geared or atleast reasonably geared. Yes you are correct that the amount of crafting could scare someone off, but they would still be scared off regardless as they still ahve to do it in the first place.

Additionally I'm not really sure what Quetzalcoatl has to do with Achievements as he does not contribute anything towards such things other than Awaken 95 Armors which is already account sharable via the Awaken Nerd Scroll when you complete all the armor sets.

So although I get why this would help veteran players who might wanna re-roll character for a specific racial skill or just change race for asthetic purposes. This isn't something that is simple and is a bit more than a QoL. So even if I do decide to do this there is atleast 2 years of backlogged QoL's that would be prioritized over this.

Additionally in my opinion as much as people my flame me for this opinion having achievements character based is better for the games economy too. It's not uncommon for veteran players to reroll characters and those are the players who tend to have more than enough gold to do so. This gold gets eaten by the game's system and in turn takes it out of the economy. We already give a handful of free Stardust to help players work on their Achievements not to mention Stardust being reletively easy to get off the crystal altar too (Especially Low Level stuff). So it's not like its that hard and if you run your dailys each day you can get through the relevant achievements quite fast. Then for achievements that are harder like the Enchant one for example, we do offer a way to transfer the achievement title to an Alt via the Vivi NPC in Aven.

1. Would harm the Glyph selling market which I'm not sure how much you appreciate this but I know atleast back when I played this was always a very good way for bears to make money or people who put work into a bear can make money. Yes you could double the Material cost and such but overall it will make bears less profitable and that's not a place a GM/DEV should be stepping in.

2. Ditto answer 1 (More so infact).

3. The RNG is the cost of making a money from Racials. Just like how other races have to spent time rolling the racial over and over again with 5-10x the material cost than a bear does. The RNG is fine how it is.

Again that's all my opinion from playing this game for many years before and to be completely honest it was worse before when there was 5 glyphs to choose from. Yeh you could make your own bear and roll the glyph you want but finding the niche glyphs that people find "useless" was a real hard task to do. Where as now if a bear has say a Bard glyph they can just open it till they get the one you want to buy or if you're looking for a Niche glyph, you can probebly find them and cheaper than market value as they likely will have lots to spare.

I mentioned Quetzalcoatl because crafting all of the 95 awakened armors give stats. A lot of the time its difficult finding groups that willingly kill Quetzalcoatl for its drops but lately it hasn't been as bad. As for the nerd scroll, I haven't been able to use it. I would think that you could use it to gain the achievements on characters who haven't crafted all of the 95 awakened armors but the scroll doesn't do anything for me when I tried it. Not even any error messages. I'll try it again later when I have a spare lv95 character since I suspect that I'd need to be lv95 to even use the scroll.

EDIT: I think I was thinking of the cake lover title quest scroll rather than the nerd armor scroll.

Edited by RozenniaChan
Correction

• VGN GM
On 12/24/2020 at 10:44 PM, RozenniaChan said:

I mentioned Quetzalcoatl because crafting all of the 95 awakened armors give stats. A lot of the time its difficult finding groups that willingly kill Quetzalcoatl for its drops but lately it hasn't been as bad. As for the nerd scroll, I haven't been able to use it. I would think that you could use it to gain the achievements on characters who haven't crafted all of the 95 awakened armors but the scroll doesn't do anything for me when I tried it. Not even any error messages. I'll try it again later when I have a spare lv95 character since I suspect that I'd need to be lv95 to even use the scroll.

EDIT: I think I was thinking of the cake lover title quest scroll rather than the nerd armor scroll.

Just cause I'm not 100% sure if the Edit means you solved it or what.

But the acheivements are not related to the stats the title the achievement gives is. So when you use the Awaken Nerd Scroll it unlocks the titles thus giving your new characters the titles and their stats. If you already have the title unlocked then nothing will happen as there is no point reunlocking them.

13 hours ago, Jordan said:

Just cause I'm not 100% sure if the Edit means you solved it or what.

But the acheivements are not related to the stats the title the achievement gives is. So when you use the Awaken Nerd Scroll it unlocks the titles thus giving your new characters the titles and their stats. If you already have the title unlocked then nothing will happen as there is no point reunlocking them.

Yeah, I am aware of that. Although, I think that there is already a system that allows achievements to be passed over to other accounts. There is a NPC in Aven that gives you "Enchant Titles" if you show them the archivable reward you get from completing all of the annoying and difficult achievements. If that is the case then I am completely fine with the way it is right now. I haven't actually tried to use my awaken nerd scroll on another character yet but I was already pretty sure that I just needed to be lv95 to use it. My confusion came from when I tried to use an event title scroll after the event was over. I feel that there should be a NPC around at all times that can give you the event-specific titles for a short time after the event is over. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Increased hotbar length/Extra hotbars

Many long-time players have their hotbars full or close to being full. Me being one of those players, I often times don't have enough room on my hatbar for all my needs so it would be very nice to have some sort of hotbar increase, weather that is increasing the length or increasing the number of hotbars a player can have. Being able to rotate said hotbars would also be very nice.

• Buff mode for pets

Many players are forced to not use pets in many of the new dungeons due to pets attacks procing buffs on the bosses. Even with pets that are only needed to buff the party like the Glitzy pet that can heal the party. Adding a mode to pets that prevents pets from using basic attacks would allow players to use pets for buffing purposes without the worry of pets procing bosses.

• Ability to change or edit hotbars gained from changing forms

The ability to edit the hotbars of forms like ragnus on demon tamer would also be very nice. Accidentally hitting the buff that removes your form is the worst and needing to wait for the form change makes it more of a nuisance. 

14 hours ago, RozenniaChan said:

The ability to edit the hotbars of forms like ragnus on demon tamer would also be very nice. Accidentally hitting the buff that removes your form is the worst and needing to wait for the form change makes it more of a nuisance. 

im against this, as much I like to put shield+mace/staff swapping on DT flame form.

I think its too risky and benefits too few ppl. most DTs, as we witnessed together, play DT mdps in 110T, resulting in them getting one shot 5 seconds into a WB fight, if the pt doesnt give them utility like Light Form Paladin dmg reduction aura/ Shielder/ HS.
Furthermore, if such a mistake was made, it simply happens from time to time and isnt really anyone's fault, just wait out the extra seconds.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SmolShibe said:

im against this, as much I like to put shield+mace/staff swapping on DT flame form.

I think its too risky and benefits too few ppl. most DTs, as we witnessed together, play DT mdps in 110T, resulting in them getting one shot 5 seconds into a WB fight, if the pt doesnt give them utility like Light Form Paladin dmg reduction aura/ Shielder/ HS.
Furthermore, if such a mistake was made, it simply happens from time to time and isnt really anyone's fault, just wait out the extra seconds.

You can just switch weapons manually... 

I meant "Ability to change or edit hotbars gained from changing forms" more for reordering where the skills are located at. 

• Option to disable "mouse move" when casting skills

One of the banes of my existence is needing to disable mouse moving when using cast classes. Some maps require the use of mouse moving and sometimes you can even get trapped without the use of mouse moving. Adding a feature to disable mouse moving while casting a skill would be a relief. 

5 hours ago, RozenniaChan said:

One of the banes of my existence is needing to disable mouse moving when using cast classes. Some maps require the use of mouse moving and sometimes you can even get trapped without the use of mouse moving. Adding a feature to disable mouse moving while casting a skill would be a relief. 

This already exists "Moving Mouse" that prevents you from missclicking and cancelling your heal.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Herakles said:

This already exists "Moving Mouse" that prevents you from missclicking and cancelling your heal.

i think she means sometimes when you trying to stay in 1 place and spam heals sometimes your character starts running, or if you cast ever so slightly past the cast range they will walk all the way over there and cast on themself

• Like 2

9 hours ago, warbeast667 said:

i think she means sometimes when you trying to stay in 1 place and spam heals sometimes your character starts running, or if you cast ever so slightly past the cast range they will walk all the way over there and cast on themself

I mean cast-attacks that hit in a AoE area.  

• VGN GM
On 1/25/2021 at 8:23 AM, RozenniaChan said:
  • Increased hotbar length/Extra hotbars

Many long-time players have their hotbars full or close to being full. Me being one of those players, I often times don't have enough room on my hatbar for all my needs so it would be very nice to have some sort of hotbar increase, weather that is increasing the length or increasing the number of hotbars a player can have. Being able to rotate said hotbars would also be very nice.

Don't really think this is necessary as you can already have so many slots and if you need more you can rotate the main hotbar. Especially with the Auto Assistance system that will allow you to remove things like Star Stones and Luna Rocks from your Hotbar's.

• Buff mode for pets

Many players are forced to not use pets in many of the new dungeons due to pets attacks procing buffs on the bosses. Even with pets that are only needed to buff the party like the Glitzy pet that can heal the party. Adding a mode to pets that prevents pets from using basic attacks would allow players to use pets for buffing purposes without the worry of pets procing bosses.

This wouldn't have any effect. Due to the limitations of pets even buff skills like the Glitzy Pet are still technically attacks which should in theory also proc off the bosses attacks (Although I'm not 100% sure on this but just from looking at it they should).

This isn't possible because the game doesn't store these hotbar's in any manner. These hot bars are basically given from a buff and the order of the skills are based on the order they are on the buff's code. This would be a very complex change and would end up costing a lot of memory on the database.

Just from a quick search on the file there is a total of 318 Custom Hotbar buffs (Includes but not limited to, MBA, Class Skills, Dungeon Mechanics). That's a lot of memory considering each character would have to save 318 Custom Hotbar's. You could argue that you could specify which ones to save such as Class ones only but then again it goes back to the arguement of complexity and time consuming for something that is very minor and you could just say, you're transforming into ragnas so you know which skills in what place.

• Like 1

• VGN GM
On 1/26/2021 at 9:39 AM, RozenniaChan said:

You don't need to disable moving mouse on cast classes as I know several players who use moving mouse and play cast classes. You just have to learn not to spam click.

As for sometimes getting trapped with moving mouse disabled. Simple solution to the problem is to click the mini map instead. That does the same pathing system as clicking the ground does so it solves the issue.

• Like 2