Quality of Life Suggestion page

RozenniaChan

On 1/26/2021 at 4:37 AM, RozenniaChan said:

You can just switch weapons manually... 

I meant "Ability to change or edit hotbars gained from changing forms" more for reordering where the skills are located at. 

Ik, Roze chii, but can you really think of any circumstance where this change is required,
outside of moving DT form cancel from hotkey 4 to a place where u usually dont press?
It is annoying, being the main "dps" on WB and the whole team is waiting for us, then we accidentally cancel the form, but it is still just another 30 seconds, its fine.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Hidden stats being made visible

It would be very helpful if hidden stats would be made visible. Said stats would be Damage Dealt, PvE/PvP Damage dealt/taken, G-Heal/P-Heal and maybe PvE Damage taken could include the damage taken effects from trophies like Swamp kings trophy. If stats could also have their description changed to say how many points they effect it would also be helpful. For example, STR would say how many points of P-Atk and Block it contributes. 

• Magic weapons should have magic-based auto attacks

One of the problems with magic classes is that they do not have a viable auto attack. Their auto attacks just deal basic P-Dmg and don't have any sort of range to them. If the recent few updates are trying to make magic classes more used then updating their auto attacks would definitely make them more used. Making their auto attacks use ranged based attacks that use M-Atk would be a suitable change.  

• VGN GM

A lot of hidden stats are not stored and are calculated if and when needed. DMG Dealt for example has multiple different forms and some are saved and some are not. Then when you add on stats that I already had to bootleg into the game like PvP DMG Dealt and stuff then this is definatly something I don't plan to do any time soon. Although I have played with the idea of maybe adding some sort of chat command to get the server to tell u these hidden stats as I've said time and time again before. Knowing how much G-Heal and P-Heal you have will not give you any information on how much healing as the formula for healing isn't as simple as the formula for damage.

As for magic attack weapons etc.

I doesn't really work on a game like this. Like you can't differentiate what class is attacking and what element to use. So if a mage uses a staff what resistance should counter it? And baring this in mind you also have to factor player opinion. So you could say a Gravity Manipulator should deal Holy DMG auto attacks. But you could argue that it should use Dark DMG auto attacks. Then what about Hybrid classes, why should pike deal Slash instead of Fire. I agree that this is a feature that would be well appreciated but in a game where every single feature of the character is customizable including classes and weapons it just opens a huge rabbit hole of what should be doable. Overall the only other thing i could say on this issue is basically "If it isn't broken don't fix it". Magic classes are completely viable in PvE and have been for a long time, the issue is more so that PDPS are just better at this as they're better when stacked together. This is a gamescope problem that adding MDPS wont change. Adding more synergy within MDPS classes is the best direction to help with this. Hence why Fire Mode was selected for Arch Elementalist rework. Compliments a lot of viable MDPS classes like Demon Taimer, Dragon Emperor, Mecha Ares and Battle Poet to name a few.

• Like 1

btw Jordan, is it possible to patch in text for sub stats like eva/gheal/acc in the character window?

Some ppl can see base patk/matk being 5x of str/int and cant put 2 and 2 together, there are conspicracy spreaders flying around telling ppl that Gheal/Eva is 1/3 of their core stats, "thats why gheal/eva is better", despite Xaoc alrdy writing a guide on forums. (ppl dont use forums enuf but thats another problem).
There are even those who ask what the Parry stat does, reads the description, then ask if it reduces magic dmg, maybe boldening or Italicizing the text "PHYSICAL" idk.

This is a minor thing and we as the community should be dealing with it...but I think writing out parts of the formula in the char screen can sort of do what Rozen is asking here without completely destroying/changing the engine.

• Like 1

Add to chr settings '' deny show equipments''
So we can hidden our items.
I know people use that for trial combos and stuff but it can be discussed inside party.
Also i know builds can't have too much variation but would be nice if we could hidden ours.

Would be super nice having that (i think i made this suggestion already so sorry if i'm repeating)

• Like 2

• VGN GM
5 hours ago, SmolShibe said:

Some ppl can see base patk/matk being 5x of str/int and cant put 2 and 2 together, there are conspicracy spreaders flying around telling ppl that Gheal/Eva is 1/3 of their core stats, "thats why gheal/eva is better", despite Xaoc alrdy writing a guide on forums. (ppl dont use forums enuf but thats another problem).
There are even those who ask what the Parry stat does, reads the description, then ask if it reduces magic dmg, maybe boldening or Italicizing the text "PHYSICAL" idk.

Well I've mentioned this before in a previous post but G-Heal in particular doesn't increase with WIS and gets used in the formula in a different place. So showing the actual G-Heal is somewhat in a way pointless as it doesn't actually get saved and is calculated when needed. Even the % Gheal Buffs are actually not applied to the Gheal stat itself but rather in a similar place in the calculation. So as mentioned several times in the past this will never become a thing unless its a quick chat command that will spit out some numbers.

I would make the formula public but I'm somewhat against doing so just because it somewhat creates some form of elitism in the community. When I worked all these formulas out back in 2014 I shared the information with a small handful of players who where in my guild at the time. And over the years the ones who where still around till recently would use the knowledge to make them seem above everyone else while constantly coming back to me saying this or that was wrong and how they've improved it even though I've had working calculators that accurately produce the min/max damage and healing you can do. So if you wanna work out the math I can tell you its not so hard but to start you off heres a couple notes to guide you:

Spoiler

WIS is not 1:1 its used at a completely different part of the calculation.

However, when its used in the formula it goes something like this:
 - (WIS * 1.2) / (1.0 + LEVEL / 2.5)

Note: The above is performed on both the caster and the reciever.

G-Heal Percentage buffs are completely un-related to the G-Heal points (One of the main reasons even if you forced out the stats you still couldn't accurately determine G-Heal values).

Skill's have a referance value and an RNG value that are applied which goes something like this:
- NumberOnTheSkill * SkillReferanceValue / 100

Note: Skill referance value is based on level and just for relevancy at level 120 the value is 5342.

Then after the casters base heal has been calculated with WIS, Level, G-Heal etc.
1. First they apply the Skill RNG (15-25% depending on the skill)...
2. Second they apply any Skill DMG realted things (X Skill Healing + X%, Pray's, KP etc.)

As for EVA and ACC I'm guessing your asking for how they effect each other right? Well it's exactly how its describerd on the tin. Theres no messing about its just as simple as ACC - EVA = hit chance sort of thing. Again I have the exact math but theres no nonsense about 1/3 or w.e and if people don't believe what I'm saying well all I can offer them is a tinfoil hat and pat on the back.

6 hours ago, SmolShibe said:

btw Jordan, is it possible to patch in text for sub stats like eva/gheal/acc in the character window?

I suppose these could have some minor updates but to be quite honest...

6 hours ago, SmolShibe said:

There are even those who ask what the Parry stat does, reads the description, then ask if it reduces magic dmg,

Kinda explains it all. Unless you slap them in the face with it some people will blindly copy someone they respect and anyone else is wrong. It's like the people who critisized me on PlayEden for putting Int Amp gems in the greatsword for Luminary because their sheep brain was like "LCK Elims or Hecate gem only". Even though they gave more M-ATK than Hecate base lol.

Wall of Text over lol

• Like 2

ye, theres no physical way for me to test heal amounts,
But ive done some stuff like tweaking agi/eva certs and seeing it is clearly 1/1, so too is the acc/lck conversion.
Sometimes ppl spew regurgitated misinformation so much, I just completely shut down peer.

I do agree tho, this is probably not worth the effort, the ppl who care are ppl who generally perform decently and thus do not need it, and the ppl who do need it...well lets just say they get bored with being useless and will probably quit after a month.

Edit: ye hiding items would be nice, makes it harder to single out squishy targets in TW/GvG, becuz I primarily play assasin and can pick my targets. removing this safety net makes it more dynamic.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2021 at 11:53 AM, infecttado said:

Add to chr settings '' deny show equipments''
So we can hidden our items.
I know people use that for trial combos and stuff but it can be discussed inside party.
Also i know builds can't have too much variation but would be nice if we could hidden ours.

Would be super nice having that (i think i made this suggestion already so sorry if i'm repeating)

I personally disagree with having hidden items. It's good for new players to be able to see an example for what's good and people would need to turn it off anyway when doing abyss or hoo since teammates usually compare each others builds and switch them around to be the most efficient. I do agree though with having it disabled in PvP settings.  

• Like 2

Something that really bothers me is that I am unable to see the duration of my buffs and I would also like to see my debuffs as well as the duration, just adding the duration on top of the icon of the buff instead of having to hover over it would be perfectly fine.

This is probably my biggest pet-peeve so far

• Like 1

no to the hidden items even during pvp just due to the fact people will complain about a class being op even without the weapon type it boost like thunder ae running around using a shield, templar blade, it's huge aoe, and 1% hp at 5 cast to melt people without having to build much if any dmg

5 hours ago, RozenniaChan said:

I personally disagree with having hidden items. It's good for new players to be able to see an example for what's good and people would need to turn it off anyway when doing abyss or hoo since teammates usually compare each others builds and switch them around to be the most efficient. I do agree though with having it disabled in PvP settings.  

New players can ask for huildies and party times we can disable before start boss.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, warbeast667 said:

no to the hidden items even during pvp just due to the fact people will complain about a class being op even without the weapon type it boost like thunder ae running around using a shield, templar blade, it's huge aoe, and 1% hp at 5 cast to melt people without having to build much if any dmg

Trust on company , people complain about everything being or not hidden.

If broken they nerf if weak they buff, no reason to not having this since people just copy and paste, the only thing that make player "better" than others is fact of knowing which item can be better after tona of tests and training , we can see this by fact no one played AE and now we have alot of Losque's and locsta's clones, they dont play even similar but they use the same and even enchants they have the same.

Its a problem for player mentality, they will never try to learn and somehow they mostly get killed on pve or have bad growing effect cause they dont use mind to play just char items.

I understand people disagree this since its never been like this before, but by this way players can lern a bit about the game and abou theirselves.

Its possible to Jordan but its too much work so i dont expect comming soon or even in close future or even "accepted" this idea but would be super cool that.

• Like 2

In some ways though, if we do hide gear, we punish players who dont have access to a sugar patron like your couple @Infect, especially the ones who are actually playing the game and grinding it.
But if we dont hide gear, so many new players will just try to copy pasta as always. Its curious actually, ppl are willing to spend 65k+ for an unawakend 110 set which may not even suit their playstyle becuz agi sets 110 are NT, instead of spending the same gold on ep/wills and just getting 113 orange armor, which is better than 95 awaken and 110 base in almost every way. (Not to mention losing their +14 forts on base 110 if they awaken them, whereas 113 orange has no durability issues and can be used in other ways down the road, and buying another 113 orange set is just like...4~5k gold extra to craft for abyss?)
So long as no clear benefit exists for gear hide, I dont think this project will even BE on the backburner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SmolShibe said:

In some ways though, if we do hide gear, we punish players who dont have access to a sugar patron like your couple @Infect, especially the ones who are actually playing the game and grinding it.
But if we dont hide gear, so many new players will just try to copy pasta as always. Its curious actually, ppl are willing to spend 65k+ for an unawakend 110 set which may not even suit their playstyle becuz agi sets 110 are NT, instead of spending the same gold on ep/wills and just getting 113 orange armor, which is better than 95 awaken and 110 base in almost every way. (Not to mention losing their +14 forts on base 110 if they awaken them, whereas 113 orange has no durability issues and can be used in other ways down the road, and buying another 113 orange set is just like...4~5k gold extra to craft for abyss?)
So long as no clear benefit exists for gear hide, I dont think this project will even BE on the backburner.

Isnt like everyone will use hide gear, but yes alot will do, thats the point they can ask guilds or cpl or peer, even with my gear hidden i'll answer people like i always did .

People need learn abit for better pve and pvp.

• Like 2

• VGN GM

I've already said no to this change agest ago because of the simple fact that all it does is stroke peoples ego at the cost at newer players having no direction or anything to compare to. People can see the buffs and debuffs they've got and the buffs and debuffs others have so it not really going to hide what you're using anyway. Just like how some people hide their skill bar in youtube videos and others cover half the screen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 9 months later...