Patch v75 Feedback

MrDoudou

• Dungeon drops as a whole.

I'm not dissatisfied completely with the way the drops are currently, I do feel as though they can be increased because while 1-2 people in the party get essences for an entire week all of mine have been non-existent. If I remember correctly the original drop run down was a single person's drops and not the entire party's rate at essences/armor fragments obtained through drops. So with that said, I have a few ideas/suggestions to suggest for a happier time!
1. Add 5-10 Souls to the daily quest.
2. Add 1-2 extra dungeon reward bag to the mail we get upon completion (haven has 12 a day from 4 runs this isn't too much to ask for).
3. Add 1 Essence to each daily quest (perspective essence for it's dungeon).

These are my suggestions on how to make this entirely long and unnecessary grind better, 'cause as is atm I have spent a week going every day and capped all my runs and cannot make a but maybe 1 piece of the set I wish to start with.
Ideally we should be able to make 1 set in 1 week, no more and no less.
Every upgraded trophy and every single armor piece from Abyss has to be crafted for achievement points, this is a very demotivating task to some crafters because it looks never ending and will take probably x3 the time Haven did. There are people out there (I am one) hanging on to little will power to grind these long hauls and it's dwindling very fast looking at the overall achievements that need to be completed to be back at 100% crafts, so please take these changes into hard consideration.

• Other aspects of this patch.

We went through Christmas/New Years without any event and I understand that we got a patch, but there was no boss and honestly the worst of all no boost (that being the easiest thing to do of the 2). So I'm a little disappointed as I feel like sometimes the staff just aren't caring for the game because of things like this happening sometimes. (please don't take any offense, it is not meant to offend, it is just feedback on this patch.) 

"Dream" diamond altar was not so much a dream altar to me but the same old altar with the same old legendary and one that was not meant to be there at all. If you're going to ask for suggestions then please try to at least get some of the smaller ones in there. I am sure some people did ask for horns or cestus, etc, but I know what I asked for was not there so to me it was not at all a dream altar.

And lastly, I find it a little over the top to have to spend around 420k gold on just the orange armor pieces to craft all the gold pieces. Meanwhile, corona heartflame every piece = 70 heartflames and those average about 5k gold each.. which means SOMEONE doing all achievements averages spending about 840k on all these stupid achievements.-.- I'd like to ask that we CRAFT orange pieces via NPC and only have HALF at fame as per the usual route.

Thanks for the patch and thanks to the people who spent their time testing it.

• Like 3

I'll begin by going over my issues with the patch, and at the bottom, explain how I would solve them.

Abyss

This type of content in general isn't very well liked, and for good reason. It just simply isn't fun. I don't really see a problem with the Trial system we had previously, seeing as 95, 100, and 110 trials are all still being ran multiple times a day. It's not like the content is dead a month after it's released. Even if a player finishes their sets (which still took around a week per set), they still go back in there to help others do the same. That content is still alive, and people still enjoy doing it, even if they don't need anything. I don't think I'll be able to say the same about Haven of Oblivion or Abyss.

• Essences are too rare and are holding people back from crafting sets. Below I'll have posted the results of my first week. Keep in mind, I'll need 14 Tangle Beast Essences and 14 Phoenix Seal Essences to create the one set I chose to go for. I currently have 1 Phoenix and 0 Tangle Beast after a week of Abyss. Even if I were to trade all of my other essences for them, I still wouldn't even be halfway done. I know other people that have had very similar results/luck. At this rate, I'll end up with enough fragments for like three sets before I get the essences to make one. It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense, and I definitely don't think it should take multiple weeks to finish one set, especially when there are 14 of them total now. After eight days of Abyss, I can't even make one piece.
  • Fragmented Abyssal Souls should either be rewarded more commonly, or the cost of trophy blueprints/essences needs to be decreased. Haven of Oblivion took 50 souls per blueprint, and it already took weeks just to get them all. I think 50 is more than fair of a number for the new trophy blueprints too. People that go after achievements already have to craft every single armor piece from Abyss (not just head and body like it is normally), and now they have to get 200 souls per trophy? That's 2,000 souls, on top of the thousands it'll take for every set piece.

Week 1 Results:

AyqQzBO.png

Abyss Bosses

• Fox Sanctuary: Foxes can spawn after Sakuya dies. Not a big problem, and not sure if you can do anything about it, but it's a thing.
  • Stygian Core: Esh-Baal moves way too slow after killing the first boss. After the second boss dies and you exit the dungeon, the DoT should be removed.
  • Stygian Peak: Fire circles persist after the boss dies, sometimes under the NPC to leave.
  • Hall of the Molten King: If the boss is at a specific percent of health, he has the chance to spawn three cores (1 core spawn + 2 core spawn immediately after the 1 core spawn).

Abyss Sets
I want to preface this section by saying that I'm not going to bother giving advice on how the sets could be better, but instead I'll focus on typos or general flaws that the sets have.

• Evil Conqueror Set: 3-Piece Effect gives Max MP. Not sure if that's intended or just a typo and it actually gives HP, but it really should give HP.
  • Dark Ninja Set: 5-Piece Effect text says your attacks have a 3% chance to deal Double DMG. We have tested this, and it doesn't deal Double DMG, it deals Double Hit DMG. We assume the word Hit was just missed when writing the text for it, but it's extremely misleading, as I've seen multiple people prioritize the set, thinking that it is actually Double DMG, similar to Sadness Ring's effect.

Christmas Content

The lack of Christmas content tells me that you were very busy trying to push the content patch before the holidays. While I'm sure we all appreciate it, more could have been done to celebrate the Christmas season better. Even Aeria had new bosses and a quest to do. As suggested already, a Christmas boost would have been great to have. It isn't something difficult to do, and it wouldn't take more than one minute of your time to turn on. 

The "Dream Altar" event was a joke. The Diamond Altars we received were no different than our standard ones, and while grateful to have a Diamond Altar at all, it definitely wasn't any more special than they normally are. Every Legendary that went up was something we would typically have on a Diamond Altar anyway, with the exception of a few costumes that would normally go on the Crystal Altar anyway. 

Updates

Druid transforms can no longer be removed by transformation effects.

This is a nice change to Druid, but I wish we could make this a thing for transformation toggles in general. It works with Dragon Emperor's toggle, but Glacier Knight still loses theirs, which is extremely frustrating in PvP that is generally filled with CC and transformations.

Suggestions

• Adjust the daily quest rewards for Abyss dungeons to grant an essence of the boss the daily is for, as well as reward 5 souls. It isn't a lot, but it will definitely help keep them up with the rate of armor fragments. I think it would be fair to be able to craft a set every week, and this would be enough to meet that (assuming you're able to trade essences for the ones you need with other people).
  • NECQ7tU.png
  • Double the bags you receive in the mail for defeating a boss.
  • Reduce the cost of trophy blueprints to 100 souls. It's double what HoO was, but they don't include the quests you have to do for them. I think 100 is fair.
  • Reduce the cost of fragments to 100 souls.
  • Reduce the cost of essences to 100 souls.
  • Give the Esh-Baal NPC after defeating the first boss in Stygian Core a move speed buff, or have her teleport straight to the bottom.
  • Remove the DoT effect from Esh-Baal's dragon form after leaving the dungeon so we don't die outside by the portal.
  • Fix the typo(s) in the sets mentioned above (Dark Ninja being the biggest one).
  • An EXP/CP boost to celebrate the new year.
  • Make the same change you did with Dragon Knight and Druid to the other classes that have transformation skills, such as Glacier Knight and Trainer.
  • Since we have both 115 weapons and armor, I think it's a good time to put 115 crafting items into the EP Shop.

To end this very long post, I'd like to once again say thank you to Jordan and the testers for your hard work. I know it isn't easy creating content alone, and despite the issues I may have with it, I still appreciate it. 

• Like 4

Hi there,  Judgement here! I don't really make much posts on Forums.. But I want to say thank you for the patch. There's lots of new gear that is admittedly a bit broken—but looks great nevertheless! Here's my general feedback thus far since last early maintenance (Patch v75).

ABYSS (HoO 2.0 in a nutshell)

PROGRESS SO FAR: 1Bs89ZH.png
I will say that I have a Love/Hate relationship with this system of acquiring the materials for the new gear.

Fragments. 
These are perfect in my opinion and I thank you for the easier way of acquiring them through quest, bags, and dungeon boss drop I think it's really neat (and making them un-tradeable is a plus..makes the grind a bit necessary! 

Essences. 
These however, are ...not so perfect. Because of the need for them as well as the fragments, I feel as though that each daily quest should give x1 of the essence as well. Much like the posts above me, essence rate is something I feel that needs to be tweaked because of how the NEED/GREED system works in-game. And sometimes going a day without a singular essence drop is really a huge let down when you feel like you haven't made much progress (I understand the patch is new, but c'mon now.) 

Fragmented Abyssal Soul.
 These are.. 'OK' but in my opinion can be improved. Whether if it's increasing the drop rate of souls from bosses or maybe even making x3 soul a permanent personal drop from each boss kill to each player (I feel it would make a difference because sometimes the bags can really screw your day up by getting you to 49/74 souls!), or adding it to the daily quest.

HoO 2.0 Reward Bags
... This was really confusing to me. You know? When Haven was released in July I was happy to see that we got x3 boxes/rewards for every completion. It did make it a bit less grindy, but still real grindy in the end. Abyss dungeons however? 1. A bit heartbreaking!  I feel like since we have even LESS runs with this place that the reward gets tweaked as well? x2x3 boxes?  Somethin?!  To help balance out the chance of getting more rewards too quickly, the max amount of souls that can be acquired could even be decreased from 15 to 10(I mean, would it matter much? I've done Abyss every day since it's release and have yet to actually get over 9 on a box roll until today kek)!
***I also don't think it's necessary to have the fragments on the reward bags. That could just be me, but I feel like it's a wasted potential roll for an essence or more souls. More variety to help keep the patch a grind, I know I know, but yeh. Just my thinking..!***

Esh-Baal
Please make her teleport. I know it's been said already. But let's like..make her do something different. I could literally go to my kitchen and make a small pot of tea, toast some raisin bread and come back to my room and she's only half way to the point where she needs to be for the npc to spawn for us to do Pt2. (According to my timer, it takes like 2 minutes. This isn't Sturmfrau DOD/Trial..let's not)

Sakuya Fox

• Honestly, the only problem I have with her is her uncanny ability to knock me down almost every time she casts the shockwave that literally yeets the entire party into orbit.
  • Her protection zones need to be emphasized with a more prominent glow. I heard that the zones are SUPPOSE to have the same effect as the ones similar to Sinash in Camador Trial but I have had FX on max before and I have only seen a glowing protection zone ONCE. If there is a way to make them glow regardless of FX on or not, please can we make that happen?
     Outside of that she's pretty okay.

'GENERAL FEEDBACK'
EXP / CP boost M.I.A??
The lack of this despite it being Christmas / New Years (hence bringing an early / then delayed maintenance) there was no boost of any kind. Kind of depressing negl. I know the server rates are neato n'all, but dang. We've had 'em in the past for various stuff. Hell, we even had one when the Pandemic was rolling around outside FOR Covid-19. (Damn right I remember that announcement after that maintenance >:V!). Give up the goods and give us that boost. You know you wanna.

Pets
New Ghostblade Ren Reskins/Recolors all do not give a pray book when yeeted into the Arcane Box despite being legendary pets. Pls don't do dis to me :c I wanna sacrifice this blushy ren for her resist

Christmas? Events page? Ho-Ho-No?

Nothing? No boss..no event..no quests? I'm not mad or anything, I just found it a little surprising! We have new abyss dungeons, so that's cool. But yeah.. o.o;;

The 'gift' that we got for Christmas was a bit lackluster. I would've preferred NT Heartflame 120s because of this grindy ass patch, negl. Stardusts isn't really a relevant thing nowadays unless you're doing achievements or crafting 110 stuff  (people even use heartflames for these too, honestly lmao)  

I really enjoy that you have brought relevance to MDPS in late game so not everyone has to build JUST Physical classes and boom profit. I love that each boss has their own little mechanics and it does make me more excited to play them. I'd just hate for this to be a super-super grindy experience in all honesty! Thank you to the staff and testers that work really hard in making content like this, it's always fun getting new stuff to try / getting new stuff to learn in this game. This game has great potential and can be lots of fun—especially with friends. Sorry for the long post, I like to talk! But I do hope that my feedback helps with future development and modification. Thank you!

- Judgement

• Like 2

Hello. Above everything I'd like to thank you for the new patch!
Overall doing Abyss has been fun. 

Above what's been said, which I do agree (Specially about Essences, the rewards on mail and Esh-Baal's movement speed). I do understand (I think) what the Esh-Baal NPC was supposed to be. If you do not wish to change the move speed then could some mobs spawn there that we could kill for Souls? Just so we don't just sit down where the NPC spawns for 2 minutes.

I'd also like to suggest:

1. Let us use Portal Stones to Abyss - Mostly because we have to go through at least two loading screens depending from where we are.

2. About the daily quest aswell. I have a slightly diffrent suggestion to them.
    - Repeatable quest: Souls x5 + Mail bag x1
    - Daily: Souls x15 + Essence x1 + Fragment x1

If the Essence x1 for 1 boss is "too easy" then perhaps it could be a daily that asks you to have killed the boss x2? While the Repeatable would just ask for 1, perhaps?

Once again, thank you a lot for the new patch! ≧◡≦

• Like 3

First of all before we go to the content from the patch I want to give my thanks for the patch and to all the people who tested it. I hope you all will be able to keep up the work for future EE patches!
... that being said let's move on...

I personally don't like it that we once again have semi the same system like HoO had. I was hoping to see again 5-10 party trials or even only 3 for a change. But instead we have another HoO based farming grind festival which is at the moment even worse than HoO. I have a few suggestion in mind when it comes to how it could be made less of a grind and without making it too easy.

-Give 1 essence per daily (there are 4 other people in the party too that can get the drops from the boss)
-Give a quest where you have to defeat each boss once or twice for 1 essence of your choice (repeatable)
-Make a NPC where you can trade 2-3 Abyss Armor Fragments for 1 essence of your choice
-Mail bags 2 instead of 1
-Make the amount of essence that is needed for crafting armor less

The bosses and mechanics are mostly easy to understand after a few try and errors which is totally fine. But there are a few issues I have with certain bosses...
-Sakuya: The OS ability can be casted while 1 (or even more) are being under KD/Stun giving no chance to survive at all.
-Esh-Baal: Please make her port right where she is suppose to be or make us be able to talk to the NPC right away instead of having to wait 2-3 min (which is longer than her fight in the first place)
The DOT that you get from that boss should be get removed once you leave the DNG and not stay till the timer runs out.
-Molten King: It seems that Molten King has a small chance to respawn another Molten Core when its being killed. We had it that we killed one and another one spawned right away which made us kill 3 instead of the 2.

And that's it when it comes to Abyss for now...

About some general stuff.

-There has been a lack of event support lately when it comes to quests or even just basic EXP/CP events (I know the rates are very high already but we had it in the past too) 
-The so called "Dream Altar" is just like any other normal altar that we have every now and then. If you want input from us then please also take it to consideration and not just put up the same stuff like always. I know that many people asked for Badge of Honor which would have been a good time to put in (If the altar/diamond altar ends with this weeks MT)

Anyway I hope you all stay safe and healthy and have a nice Happy New Year!

• Like 3

• VGN GM

Since all the feedback seems similar I'll just reply generally.

The drop system is designed this way to keep the active players to always have something to strive for or something to get. This system was semi-developed with things like DS and GoP in mind originally for Haven. Taking the feedback such as the amount of RNG in Haven which was a specific complaint (For example, one complaint being not having the BP for the last achievement weapon for months). So I kept the whole RNG aspect in place but also added a sure-fire way to get what you want eventually.

Essences are suppose to be rare whether people like it or not as it gives them value. Then essences high in demand can be sold to earn money with other players or can be traded with other high in demand items. It gives more reward than simply dropping a formula in a trial and then making maybe 10-20% of the value in materials + stardust. You can't have it so "I'm guarenteed to get half the set I want's essence in a week as then that would have to mean at minimum 7 of each type of essence a week. Which would mean you'd be finishing 2 and a half sets every 2 weeks. Yes you can argue that there is 14 sets and it would take a while to complete them all but how many people honestly complete every single set to actually use and how many people complete every set just to have in their archive. I mean I can just tell you now from some of the stuff I've had to do for tickets and you just see many awaken sets just sitting in archives +0 and nothing done to them. This was exactly one of the reasons I didn't go through with adding a stat bonus achievement this time around as its just unreasonable to ask people to complete more than they need to and if people want that 100% achievment then thats the less than 1% of people playing who have there work cut out for them (Can't make everyone happy).

You can event sell completed set piece or trade set piece A with someone elses set piece A to help each other complete sets. There is plenty of reasons to keep running the dungeon which overall adds engagement and benefits to everyone doing the dungeon.

So to boil it down to why?

Trials overall get far less engagement from the players and HoO proved it. Yes you have some players throwing the dummy out the pram over Karen being too hard but at the end of the day it achieved what it was designed for whether people loved it or hated it. It got player engagement. People had things to do other than sit around for TW to open play for 30 mins and then go AFK in Aven becoming part of the decor or gathering with their 20 alts in guild town while playing other games. Trial patches on the other hand get far less engagement it becomes all about helping others after the first week and maybe less that 10% of the endgame players actually continue to do them after they have what they want. Thats before mentioning stuff like how long it actually takes to make a boss from scratch and how mentallity tiring it is (Not even factoring in how much thought has to go on loop holes people might use to solo the boss or mechanics to make the boss actually interesting and not simply stand and attack till dead). Trials on the other hand only get playtime when you make things like World Bosses with combo's which also gets complaints about how bad the drop rate is on them and stuff like that (So basically people aren't happy unless they're done in a week, speaking for the majority not the few).

So yes maybe we can make some minor adjustments (Rates/Amount's) but ultimately I'm already happy with how it is as its functioning as designed. It will take time for people to collect essences to complete their sets and eventually when the rush is over then essences will become more available and sell for cheaper prices just like they did with HoO.

Just remember. I am one person making content for this game. Yes people like @Mina @Herakles @Nanami have helped or do help when designing stuff but ultimately I have to sit there for hours making it happen and picking up on flaws in the ideas that could be abused or that don't make the boss interesting enough. This patch I was hoping to have released first week of Decemember, it came out 3 weeks later than that. I can honestly tell you this patch was started in October and took till the end of Decemember to be finished to a releasable standard. A lot of things where cut, a lot of things where canceled like the Christmas dungeon @Herakles planned and even the cut down just Christmas boss for Aven. So I'm sorry if not everything is perfect and things felt lackluster but I'm the only one who actually still gives this game time of day. X-Legend over on TW just throw promotions at people all day, Aeria seem to only remember this game exists when theirs an exploit that harms their AP income and those other servers that pop up and have a month of activity don't care either. So again apologies Christmas content was a bit shit this year but @Herakles held several events and even added extra stuff at my request to fill in for the lack of content to try salvage what I could.

So I'm for my own sanity not going to participate in any back and fourths here but I will still be atleast reading feedback and judging accordinly of what I believe should be improved. But for the most part I wouldn't expect anything too drastic. I will also be consulting @Herakles on feedback he might have recieved this week too since he tends to get a lot of feedback via PM's also.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

So basically, it doesn't matter if we like the content or not. As long as we continue to do it, that's what matters. Longevity of the content you create, not how much the players enjoy it. Nobody likes doing Abyss. Nobody likes going days without a single essence drop. Everybody that has done this or even Haven of Oblivion would tell you that it isn't fun. This type of content is so demotivating to us as players, but you basically said that that's not what matters. There are good, dedicated people that quit because of this. There are even more good, dedicated players that want to quit. People that make this game what it is. Does that not matter? What's the point of a feedback thread then?

You do a lot of good for the game. I understand that your job isn't easy, that making content isn't easy. But if it's something you make for us, why are all of our opinions wrong and invalid? Do you just not care anymore? What you want out of content isn't what other people want, and we're the ones that have to do it, not you.

This will be my last post regarding patches. I try to do my best to speak for the community since most of them don't speak for themselves, but it seems like they were right when they said there was no point anymore. 🙄

• Like 5

• VGN GM
17 minutes ago, Rin said:

So basically, it doesn't matter if we like the content or not. As long as we continue to do it, that's what matters. Longevity of the content you create, not how much the players enjoy it. Nobody likes doing Abyss. Nobody likes going days without a single essence drop. Everybody that has done this or even Haven of Oblivion would tell you that it isn't fun. This type of content is so demotivating to us as players, but you basically said that that's not what matters. There are good, dedicated people that quit because of this. There are even more good, dedicated players that are want to quit. People that make this game what it is. Does that not matter? What's the point of a feedback thread then?

You do a lot of good for the game. I understand that your job isn't easy, that making content isn't easy. But if it's something you make for us, why are all of our opinions wrong and invalid? Do you just not care anymore? What you want out of content isn't what other people want, and we're the ones that have to do it, not you.

This will be my last post regarding patches. I try to do my best to speak for the community since most of them don't speak for themselves, but it seems like they were right when they said there was no point anymore. 🙄

Never said it doesn't matter. I have read every post on this thread carefully but at the end of the day I have to factor in what keeps people busy too or whats the point? You cannot expect end game players to spend 4 months or longer on just helping people and afking waiting for PvP can you? I've tried my best to remove dry days to the best of my ability and in my testing atleast I didn't really experiance 4 consecutive runs where not a single item drops for every testing character (Obviously that doesn't speak for everyone but what else can you do without making it a sure fire thing).

I can't sit here and spend 2 months on content and then 2 weeks later end game players are already asking for whats next. I'm not out here saying players opinions don't matter, what I'm saying is I've seen first hand what content makes the most impact in terms of gameplay and what content burns fast.

• Like 1

Some minor things to fix for next maintenance(if possible).

• Dark Ninja's Set: Effect needs proper wording, as it procs double HIT DMG and not double DMG.
  • Robust Essence Necklace: Procs into enemies positive buffs instead of negative. (will assume all new accessories do this)
  • The newly released legendary pets: Can't be broken down for 3rd prays, please add to arcane box.
  • Evil Conqueror Set: 3-Piece Effect gives Max MP. Not sure if that's intended or just a typo and it actually gives HP, but it really should give HP.
  • Fox Sanctuary: Foxes can spawn after Sakuya dies. Not a big problem, and not sure if you can do anything about it, but it's a thing.
  • Stygian Core: Esh-Baal moves way too slow after killing the first boss. After the second boss dies and you exit the dungeon, the DoT should be removed.
  • Stygian Peak: Fire circles persist after the boss dies, sometimes under the NPC to leave.
  • Hall of the Molten King: If the boss is at a specific percent of health, he has the chance to spawn three cores (1 core spawn + 2 core spawn immediately after the 1 core spawn resulting in 3 cores at the same time).
  • Account wide Haven achievements added (if possible within the time given).

I will leave these here as a reminder. I would also like to ask that we get a boost even if the holidays are over now, some people were looking forward to having a boost to work on classes/racial alts. 

Thanks again. o/ 

• Like 1

Well. Since we can't have that...🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Can we PLEASE CHANGE the MP + 3388  On the Evil Conqueror (Lv115 Heavy Set) set to HP? Maybe Remove that MP stat all together?? It makes absolutely no sense at all to have EXTRA MP when all your classes are 120. With that set, as a halfkin, my toggle on Berserker literally sucks 1,300~1,400 MP per second. We don't have any Lv3 Ultimate MP potions, we only have 2 usable / stackable MP potions and sometimes it's not enough. I'm not saying make the game easy, but let's not also make the game make no sense..

Awaken Rampaging Fire Dragon (Lv110) gives, guess what? HP.
Evil Conqueror? MP

..?

First of all, happy new year!

Thank you for most of your feedback regarding the Patch.
As Jordan explained above, regarding the Abyss, we will talk about it among ourselves, but I have already noticed some changes that can be reported soon. I've also taken note of the bugs cited here and a few others I've found. I hope this can be fixed as soon as possible.

Many of you are complaining that there's no Christmas event this year, and I'm really sorry. Due to lack of time nothing could be done about my Christmas Event. I keep it preciously for next year!

Also I remind you that the dungeon of Vivi is available, as well as 2 Events (which are now finished) on the forum.

Concerning the "Dream Altar" the goal was not that it should be filled with Legendary, but that you can have your favorite Legendary. Among all your requests, most of them have been put, many of them are asking for the same things. and some of them have difficulties to respect one rule :/ And I'm sorry if some of your requests have not been accepted.

I hope that the next Patch with corrections and changes will suit you. See you soon!

PS: If you find any other bug/typo don't hesitate to let me know or write them down here :D

• Like 3

Another small suggestion that may help.
On Thursday, Stygian Core and Stygian Peak are the Abyss dungeons available. As we know, Thursday is usually our maintenance day, and the day we can run these dungeons twice.

The Essence received from Stygian Core is the "Fire Dragon Essence", the least used essence in Abyss sets. Each other essence is used 6 times across all of the sets for a total of 84 essences, while Fire Dragon is used 4 times for a total of 56 essences.

Is there any way we could swap Stygian Core with another dungeon on a different day? Any of them would work, as they are all used 6 times except for Fire Dragon. I believe the most desired ones currently are Fox and Molten King, if that's any help. An example: Change Tuesday to Stygian Peak and Stygian Core, and Thursday to Molten King and Stygian Peak.

Thanks. o/

• Like 5

On 1/1/2021 at 12:24 AM, Rin said:
  • Adjust the daily quest rewards for Abyss dungeons to grant an essence of the boss the daily is for, as well as reward 5 souls. It isn't a lot, but it will definitely help keep them up with the rate of armor fragments. I think it would be fair to be able to craft a set every week, and this would be enough to meet that (assuming you're able to trade essences for the ones you need with other people).
  • NECQ7tU.png
On 12/30/2020 at 11:58 PM, Nanami said:
  • Dungeon drops as a whole.

3. Add 1 Essence to each daily quest (perspective essence for it's dungeon).

I'd like to make a point to these suggestions again as we've had no change and essences are TOO rare between 5 people rolling on rolls to fight for the 1-2 that drop every 3-4 days. Haven got a daily Box with a chance at 1/6 essences (including souls) which nearly guaranteed a essence a day and twice on maint days from that alone, as well as 3 boxes per run for fragments. Although we had bags increased and souls are slightly easier to get now, we are still struggling to gain essences and 3-4 weeks pass, still barely enough to craft 1 set so I ask of you to take this suggestion and implement it. 
Abyssal Doom Set:
Triple hit rarely procs if ever, I haven't seen the triple hit ever but others say they seen it once or twice and the double hit proc'd less than my 1% tower gems when I tested it out for 1h in Sakura.

• Like 3

On 1/3/2021 at 4:24 PM, Jordan said:

I can't sit here and spend 2 months on content and then 2 weeks later end game players are already asking for whats next. 

Idunno about you, but Haven's patch came out in July 2020 and I just finished it in January 2021. And that's being somewhat consistent about running (with maybe 2~4 weeks of a break period). Maybe it's RNG. Maybe not. Some people have better rates and better luck than others (There are people I know who aren't even done with weapons yet and they've been more active than me of all people!) 

A few people I know have gone nearly 4 days without an essence because of the way that NEED/GREED system works. No one likes that. NO one wants that. I was very appreciative on how you buffed the essence drop rate in Haven a patch after it came out and it made a wonderful difference. I really think you should consider doing the same for this patch as well because of how essences re distributed and are set up for different set / set pieces. (Unlike Haven's patch, we don't have 'BLENT" essences this time. Needing more specific ones that are in high demand makes this patch all the more painful. And because of the nature of how things are, people rather hold onto them than trade them. Your argument to this is probably going to tell us to wait and be patient, which yes, I understand, but no one wants to go days without making any progress essence wise to their set. I myself have gone a couple days without an essence on 2 characters as well. And if you've done core, sitting there waiting for Esh-Baal's slow ass to walk down to the entrance it can get annoying.)

..Also..I'll ask again
Why does the Evil Conqueror Set give MP +3388. It's not a Typo and literally gives such when it should give HP similar to the Light CRIT DMG (Dark Ninja) set. It should give HP similar to the awaken 110 Rampaging Fire Dragon set. Having lower HP with higher level equipment makes no sense to me—and before you ask—yes it makes a difference in game play to have nearly 79k HP as opposed to your normal 85~87k HP. 
So, that being said.. Can we please change +3388 MP to +3388 HP? Maybe? Bruh, it could be +2000 HP and that'd be much better than having my MP bar destroyed by Moderately High MP skills + a 3% MP per second toggle. C'mon now.

New Feedback
Willow Boss (Stygian Peak) - The fire debuff that takes -20% HP per second that Willow Applies can still exist on players outside of the dungeon and should be removed upon dungeon exit. 

Thank you for fixing the D.O.T that Esh-Baal leaves, the status removes itself upon exit as it should! 

• Like 4

• VGN GM
On 1/12/2021 at 8:41 AM, Psion's Booper said:

Idunno about you, but Haven's patch came out in July 2020 and I just finished it in January 2021. And that's being somewhat consistent about running (with maybe 2~4 weeks of a break period). Maybe it's RNG. Maybe not. Some people have better rates and better luck than others (There are people I know who aren't even done with weapons yet and they've been more active than me of all people!)

Just remember finished for you and finished for others is 2 completely different things. I know people who where finished with Haven after a month or two just because they only wanted a few weapons and don't care for a bit of Move SPD and non-scaling HP. Content can't just cater to the people who want to complete everything or "most" things as a lot of people don't want to do everything and will only ever do it if it provides some sort of bonus to do so (Like achievements and 95 Awakens).

On 1/12/2021 at 8:41 AM, Psion's Booper said:

A few people I know have gone nearly 4 days without an essence because of the way that NEED/GREED system works. No one likes that. NO one wants that. I was very appreciative on how you buffed the essence drop rate in Haven a patch after it came out and it made a wonderful difference. I really think you should consider doing the same for this patch as well because of how essences re distributed and are set up for different set / set pieces. (Unlike Haven's patch, we don't have 'BLENT" essences this time. Needing more specific ones that are in high demand makes this patch all the more painful. And because of the nature of how things are, people rather hold onto them than trade them. Your argument to this is probably going to tell us to wait and be patient, which yes, I understand, but no one wants to go days without making any progress essence wise to their set. I myself have gone a couple days without an essence on 2 characters as well.

The rates are already as high as an essence drop rate from Haven if not higher in some cases (Haven Essence Rates depend on how many essences the boss can drop).

As for these essences unlike Haven you get 3 BP drops instead of 1. So 1 run of Abyss is the equivlent of 1 run of Haven even though the bosses are 3:1 as the boss drop amount is 1:3 so it will even out. So like Haven there is going to be an issue in the first 2 months ish where the popular and most in-demand essences will be rare as people are less willing to sell / trade them.

I've had a handful of people reach out to me in PM's in game and in Tickets telling me that they are completely fine with the essences rates as they are now (They are un-happy to post there thoughts here publically because it will just cause drama, as it has done in the past)

. Then I did some more tests myself to see if it checks out and in my honest opinion it is fine in its current state. I've increased the souls rates and amounts and decreased the soul to essence cost to help push away some of the RNG but you cannot expect to be doing more than 1 set at a time and have sets done on a week by week basis. The content is desgined to allow for people who are doing only a handful of sets to be done within about 1-2 months and not have a set flying out every 2 days.

So if there is a need to increase the rate of essences it will be in-future to help people either catchup or people who are completionist's to not have to suffer for 6-8 months. Right now the content is new and people will be fighting for essences and you will get people whaling on them with their stacks of gold. This is normal for pretty much any other game that has tradable gear.

On 1/12/2021 at 6:17 AM, Nanami said:

Abyssal Doom Set: Triple hit rarely procs if ever, I haven't seen the triple hit ever but others say they seen it once or twice and the double hit proc'd less than my 1% tower gems when I tested it out for 1h in Sakura.

I've looked into it and it should be procing fine. I'll test it when I get a moment to but there shouldn't be any issues atleast from looking at it from a code perspective. Might just be one of those things that where some things seem to proc more than others even though numerically they're the same (1 Example that comes to mind is how Silin Ring seems to proc more than other 5% chance gears).

• Sad 1

Didn't want to post here again, but here we are. 🙃

Firstly, wanted to apologize for my last post. It went a bit too far, and I'm sorry.

Differences with Haven are you only needed 5 specific essences, and 5 random essences because of Blents. You need 28 specific essences per Abyss set. Haven has a daily that is usually an essence, Abyss does not. Haven gives you 12 reward bags total (plus a daily thats, again, usually an essence). Abyss gives you 8. Haven needs 23 blueprints, Abyss needs 70. Crafting every Haven weapon for the "completionists" is 230 essences, crafting every abyss armor set is 392 essences (that all need to be specific essences, your extras are useless. Nobody is going to want your Fire Dragon Essence lol.) 

It's just annoying, especially going days without an essence drop. Someone in our group went 4 days without one essence drop between the two characters he does Abyss on. I've gone at least 3 myself, usually to have it broken by an underwhelming Fire Dragon Essence that nobody, including me, wants. You lowered the essence cost and doubled the bags yeah, but the bags 90% of the time just give you 3-4 souls. It's still about 5 days of Abyss to buy one essence out of the 28 you need for your set. It's not fine, and it's not fun.

• Like 1

• VGN GM
1 hour ago, Psion's Booper said:

ok cool but the mp on the set tho
Bro. 

I've noticed this was ignored like..3~4 times now and its high-key crazy. I don't feel like writing a paragraph anymore. Just tell me bruh. Straight answer, please. In the end it don't make sense, but omg. 

Because atleast as I read it you're not asking me to or suggesting me to, you are telling me to do it. So correct me if I'm wrong in thinking that something I intended to be as such being told to change it isn't going to make me think that I should change it. I get it, you guys don't like my response in regards to essences but doesn't mean you should be sarcastic and kinda rude on other suggestions. But again maybe I'm just getting the wrong vibe so feel free to correct me.

As for what your saying most your claims about the MP being a detrement is completely wrong on almost all basis'. I don't blame you as its a common mindset of most players but let me explain in general.

Just to preface this arguement the only negative attribute to having more total MP is the fact that potion's that are not % based and buff's that are not % based WILL recover less total % MP. This is the only aspect of the arguement that is true.

You can only ever come out with more or the same amount of skill's casted when you have more Max MP. As if you turn on the buff and the buff Ticks away it will always tick away the same %. So 5% every second would drain to 0 at the same speed whether you have 500MP or 50,000MP. However, your skill casts will benefit more having more Max MP as they have a static cost so the more MP the more casts you get. I'll put the math in spoilers incase you don't really care:

Spoiler

Variables for the math:

We will test against 1 skill cast per 1 tick. The tick will be 3% MP drain and the spell will be 588 MP as your main arguement is Beserker and RAM at level 120 has no cooldown and is spammable.

First we will start with 30,000 Max MP as the testing variable.

30,000 Max MP (No Pots) (Total drain per second is 1488 MP)

30,000 / 1488 = 20.2 Seconds of skills.

20,000 Max MP (No Pots) (Total drain per second is 1188 MP)

20,000 / 1188 = 16.8 Seconds of skills.

So now lets test with MP Potion VII in the equation...

30,000 Max MP (MP Potion VII, Avg +5288 MP per 10 seconds) (Total drain per second is 1488 MP)
Note: To maximize Pot usage we will use the pot after 5288 MP has been used which is 3.6 seconds of drain (Rounded to 4).

30,000 - (1488 * 4) = 24,048

24,048 + 5288 = 29,336 //Potion now has to wait for 10 seconds before it can be used again.

29,336 - (1488 * 10) = 14,456

14,456 + 5288 = 19744 //Potion now has to wait for 10 seconds before it can be used again.

19,744 - (1488 * 10) = 4864

4864 + 5288 = 10,152 //Potion will not reach its cooldown fast enough so MP will be depleted in the next 10 seconds.

10,152 / 1488 = 6.8 Seconds.

This gives us a total of (4 + 10 + 10 + 6.8) = 30.8 Seconds of skills.

20,000 Max MP (MP Potion VII, Avg +5288 MP per 10 seconds) (Total drain per second is 1188 MP)
Note: To maximize Pot usage we will use the pot after 5288 MP has been used which is 4.5 seconds of drain (Rounded to 5).

20,000 - (1188 * 5) = 14,060

14,060 + 5288 = 19,348 //Potion now has to wait for 10 seconds before it can be used again.

19,348 - (1188 * 10) = 7468

7468 + 5288 = 12,756 //Potion now has to wait for 10 seconds before it can be used again.

12,756 - (1188 * 10) = 876

876 + 5288 = 6164 //Potion will not reach its cooldown fast enough so MP will be depleted in the next 10

6164 / 1188 = 5.2 Seconds.

This gives us a total of (5 + 10 + 10 + 5.2) = 30.2 Seconds of skills.

If you wanna do the rest of the math yourself for if say you managed to get 2 skills per 1 second which is completely possible by the way you will notice that it swings more in favour of the Max MP. So please don't overdramatize the difference with stuff like "Please just remove it if possible". As realistically the difference you'll find is more placebo than anything.

So obviously as you see from the results the only thing that's really effected is MP Potion use which is ofcourse a fair arguement to why Max MP can bring negatives. But on to my next point, Armor Set effects for the most part do not scale. So if I have say Awaken Rampaging Fire Dragon set. From my set bonus I only gain 1974 pts of HP. I don't gain 10k I don't gain 5k, I gain 1974 pts. So you might say "Well Jordan, When I equip the Glove piece I gain more than 1974 pts of HP, how does that happen when the Gloves have not HP stat or gear upgrade of HP?" Well thats simply because your Defence impacts how much HP you get too (Simply equip a DEF certificate to see this in action).

So yes the arguement still stands that in theory you will have more HP with the level 110 Awaken Set but if the sets are identical in every way you will only have 1974 pts of HP more (That's if the 115 set is at 100% obviously).

So then why the MP? Why would you choose MP?

Well this patch as you have saw I took a different approach to creating armor across the board really. I wanted to make certain categories to fit more classes and to have more options. So thats why there is defensive healing sets and squishy healing sets. Also there is more stats generally on a set too. I also wanted to make a clear disparity against the DMG sets and the none DMG sets too such as defensive stats (e.g. HP) on gear designed to be for players who want a more defensive build. A Heavy CDMG set is not a defensive build. You will likely build this set to be a damage dealer and nothing else, yes you may build resistances on both but thats just Eden isn't it. So that is why MP. Dark Ninja should have been MP, it was simply a mistake but I'm not going to remove it now since people have worked hard for that set and the stat doesn't break the set so why not.

I hope that answers your questions.

1 hour ago, Rin said:

Didn't want to post here again, but here we are. 🙃

Firstly, wanted to apologize for my last post. It went a bit too far, and I'm sorry.

Thanks I understand the frustration.

1 hour ago, Rin said:

It's just annoying, especially going days without an essence drop. Someone in our group went 4 days without one essence drop between the two characters he does Abyss on. I've gone at least 3 myself, usually to have it broken by an underwhelming Fire Dragon Essence that nobody, including me, wants. You lowered the essence cost and doubled the bags yeah, but the bags 90% of the time just give you 3-4 souls. It's still about 5 days of Abyss to buy one essence out of the 28 you need for your set. It's not fine, and it's not fun.

Ultimately it came down to I found this more balanced. Yeh you can compare it to Haven but the end of the day 1 Set doesn't really compare well to an entire Armor set but yeh I get it's not fun to not get anything. However, you can't just go around giving away guarenteed drops either without increasing the requirements too. Otherwise you end up with just boosting the process a lot. The only thing I might consider is maybe having something like Haven where theres like partial essences on the daily that after x amount of runs you can trade for a specific (Along those lines). It wouldn't be the biggest of buff's but it might stop 3-4 days of dry runs and cut it down a bit or atleast have some light at the end of the tunnel of "I know i'm not getting much but I'll get it in x days 100%".

• Haha 1

I think PvE Cast Speed +2% on healer sets is useless. Healers doing abyss dont really need CST SPD because 9 times out of 10, they're already overcapping. Why not PvE G-Healing 2% or PvE WIS 2%? Something beneficial. And no. I'm not DEMANDING this. I'm asking. Since, apparently, me asking or suggesting simple things are now commands. -_-

That's all I have left for this game. Thanks for 'listening' and thanks for the patch. 🤷‍♂️

Hi, um;

On Hall of the Molten King, (sometimes) when the boss spawns 2 Core's only 1 shows up glowing, and the other one is nowhere to be found and by the time we find it by clicking ALL of the cores we are dead. This started to show up in this week, so something in the latest maint might have bugged a core probably?

So I don't know if maybe that can be looked into or give it a harder glow, or something.

Some people have said they had this problem too, I have seen it recently when I go with my team, soo. I really don't expect an answer, so just look into it, plz?

ty~

• Like 1

• VGN GM
12 hours ago, Psion's Booper said:

I think PvE Cast Speed +2% on healer sets is useless. Healers doing abyss dont really need CST SPD because 9 times out of 10, they're already overcapping. Why not PvE G-Healing 2% or PvE WIS 2%? Something beneficial.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the somewhat purpose of this was to give them more room to rely on PoD for PvP scenario's. Since that way you can be -10% down on Cast SPD.

As the same arguement could be made about PvE G-Healing right? On how most dungeons asside from maybe DS and the Odd Haven boss. Most healers heal pretty much the targets HP to full on most if not all casts. Again feel free to correct me.

21 hours ago, Jordan said:

Because atleast as I read it you're not asking me to or suggesting me to, you are telling me to do it. So correct me if I'm wrong in thinking that something I intended to be as such being told to change it isn't going to make me think that I should change it. I get it, you guys don't like my response in regards to essences but doesn't mean you should be sarcastic and kinda rude on other suggestions. But again maybe I'm just getting the wrong vibe so feel free to correct me.

~

12 hours ago, Psion's Booper said:

I'm not DEMANDING this. I'm asking. Since, apparently, me asking or suggesting simple things are now commands. -_-

That's all I have left for this game. Thanks for 'listening' and thanks for the patch. 🤷‍♂️

Sigh... Literally ruined the entire response but adding this comment. This is exactly what I was talking about in my response.

12 hours ago, BloomingStar said:

Hi, um;

On Hall of the Molten King, (sometimes) when the boss spawns 2 Core's only 1 shows up glowing, and the other one is nowhere to be found and by the time we find it by clicking ALL of the cores we are dead. This started to show up in this week, so something in the latest maint might have bugged a core probably?

So I don't know if maybe that can be looked into or give it a harder glow, or something.

Some people have said they had this problem too, I have seen it recently when I go with my team, soo. I really don't expect an answer, so just look into it, plz?

ty~

I presume this would be related to the delay of the 2 cores spawning after 1 core has already spawned. This shouldn't be patch related but I'll have a look into this and see if I can fix it.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but the somewhat purpose of this was to give them more room to rely on PoD for PvP scenario's. Since that way you can be -10% down on Cast SPD.

As the same arguement could be made about PvE G-Healing right? On how most dungeons asside from maybe DS and the Odd Haven boss. Most healers heal pretty much the targets HP to full on most if not all casts. Again feel free to correct me.

Just to correct:

Most healers overcap Cast SPD well over the max without needing a PoD buff, a PVE Cast Speed stat, or forts. Depending on the class, this even applies to DS, which has Cast SPD debuffs. That being said, I'm not sure what else you could put there to match the DPS set's PVE Dmg Dealt besides PvE G-Healing or WIS (depending on the healer, as some do scale better with WIS). There's content where a healer can't always heal to full (again, DS comes to mind due to the G-Healing debuff). PvE M-Crit Rate might also be an option? Would still be an improvement over Cast SPD, and help with things like DS or Esh-Baal.

• Like 1

• MrDoudou locked and unpinned this topic