About the last Patch and Buffs/Nerfs/Balances ~

Pinkey

• VGN GM
17 minutes ago, Pinkey said:

But i still doesnt agree with Exe nerfs (even if i understand) cus keeping the aggro are way harder today ad it's problematic in some dungeons like Sakuya as our brotha said up there.

You can use Malice Certificates and -Malice Certificates to assist with this. I will also state that using provoke resets malice so using this will actually help higher dps keep agro unless you have more malice than they do.

18 minutes ago, Pinkey said:

I'm still waiting for a Time Manipulator buff to make the class competitive again, i've been playing with Tm for years and theres no space for me in any pt lmao

TM is already good and I've had people test this and the only arguement against the class is just "It's not a Mecha". I think if people start utilizing the Ice Aspect of Arch-Elementalist in PvP they will likely have a TM side by side as a -Ice Stacking party could do some serious DMG.

Just try it out and you'll see what I mean.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jordan said:

You can use Malice Certificates and -Malice Certificates to assist with this. I will also state that using provoke resets malice so using this will actually help higher dps keep agro unless you have more malice than they do.

Yeah, we're trying to deal with the malice using the certs and capping the KP, its hard to deal but we're trying at least for the momment.

TM is already good and I've had people test this and the only arguement against the class is just "It's not a Mecha". I think if people start utilizing the Ice Aspect of Arch-Elementalist in PvP they will likely have a TM side by side as a -Ice Stacking party could do some serious DMG.

I didnt tried with a new setup and 115 gears yet, had no time to build my mdps the actual meta. My oppinion was basedin a 6months meta so ignore me lol

I'll look for an AE with ice instance to test and then i come back and edit this post with my new oppinion.

1 hour ago, Jordan said:

Exe aggro issues are probably the scariest thing about the last patch. On Sakuya I usually use a malice certificate, Lv120 Declaration of Anger and Tank Potion Lv2, and sometimes it still isn't enough. I would say I have one of the stronger Executioners in the game, but I still lose aggro to a BM, and even lost it to an Asura when we messed around with Strike comp. It's doable with Provoke as you said, but Sakuya for example is a much more inconsistent fight now, even more than it already was. x.x Tbh my solution has been having the BM use Smoke Bombs to reset malice lol.

I would honestly be scared to try something like a slash DS party, as even on bosses where I'm not CCed for half the fight (Phoenix for example), I don't really get aggro until around half health normally. This can be offset with a good Provoke, but it's not consistent and I don't think it should come down to a good or lucky Provoke most of the time. Haven't been since the patch, but I imagine even a strike party would struggle if their Exe wasn't going full DPS no EVA/Shield etc., which can be rough to tank certain bosses with (looking at you Nasci).

Besides that, since I never really addressed the whole point of the thread with my first post here, these are kinda my feelings on them all:

• Exe losing the +20% DMG Dealt as well as it's personal 10% PATK buff hurt. On Sakuya for example, since Exe is the one tanking, most of the time you're just buffing your party while you get KDed/Stunned for 5 seconds every ~15-20 seconds or something. The class in general just deals significantly less damage, and I'm not sure if that's because the DMG Dealt scaled with the class better or if 20% DMG Dealt is just that strong. On paper the nerf might not seem like a huge deal, but it feels like much more than just shaving a little off the top when playing. I think 10% would have been more than enough tbh.
  • BM was very strong, and is still doing fine without the 10% DMG it lost on each skill. The KD is the part that feels bad right now, but it's being fixed. Not sure if possible but could the KD maybe be changed so you can stack just one on top of it? (Example, stun cert procs + Annihilator Satellite Beam immediately gives immunity so it can't be stacked with a third stun, but still extends the stun time.) This allows a lot of flexibiliry with a BM's rotation, which was honestly my favorite part about the class. People had different rotations, and it would include something like following the 4 second KD with the 2 second KD.
  • The nerf to BA really hits weaker players/new players, as they're usually the ones who rely on the holy skill. Geared players can still one shot mobs on BA in both PoD and Quarantined Mine so I don't really feel a difference, but I know it hurt lesser geared players.
  • As previously said, Berserker nerf was a little uncalled for? They're the lowest damage in a slash party, and are usually just the res drop slave, wearing things like TK rings and Khodran. If anything about Berserker should have been nerfed, it should have been the healing, but even then I think that's like it's niche thing and shouldn't really be touched since that's mainly what it has going for it as a class in solo/PvP content.
  • New AE is fun. I liked the AE we had previously and felt it was very underplayed for how good it could be, but I think the new one is so much better in PvE, and is doing really well in PvP. The fire res drop is a little up there though lol. Class feels really strong, and easily one of the top PvP classes now.

Thanks for the patch, glad so many people are happy and having fun with the new AE. I'm sure most of the upset regarding PDPS nerfs is because it isn't shaking up the meta or anything, it's just making things take longer. Fights generally take 1-3 minutes longer for things that used the classes involved. People who aren't in maxed gear typically are pushed away from Exe now, since it's still expected to hold aggro. I agree that the classes were strong, but if it's just PvE, I don't really see a reason to make fights take longer. People still play the same classes, it didn't really change, add or fix anything (besides BM KD which is just fixing a very abusable bug so that's fine), just hurt them and took away from them.

16 minutes ago, Rin said:

Exe aggro issues are probably the scariest thing about the last patch. On Sakuya I usually use a malice certificate, Lv120 Declaration of Anger and Tank Potion Lv2, and sometimes it still isn't enough. I would say I have one of the stronger Executioners in the game, but I still lose aggro to a BM, and even lost it to an Asura when we messed around with Strike comp. It's doable with Provoke as you said, but Sakuya for example is a much more inconsistent fight now, even more than it already was. x.x

I would honestly be scared to try something like a slash DS party, as even on bosses where I'm not CCed for half the fight (Phoenix for example), I don't really get aggro until around half health normally. This can be offset with a good Provoke, but it's not consistent and I don't think it should come down to a good or lucky Provoke most of the time. Haven't been since the patch, but I imagine even a strike party would struggle if their Exe wasn't going full DPS no EVA/Shield etc., which can be rough to tank certain bosses with (looking at you Nasci).

Yeah the biggest problem with Exe's nerf wasnt exactly the damage but the fact that malice is a big problem rn. Honestly i dont se any reason to nerf classes that arent strong in pvm when they're not a choose for pvp reasons since it doesnt unbalance the game itself. Me and my party are trying a strike party with AoJ instead of BM to check the dmg output, we lost a little dmg but the exec can deal with the aggro at least.

I had a bad impression about the BM nerf at first glance but reviewing it i noticed that the dmg is almost the same at all, it loses a little but it is still enough to take the agro grom exes (my bm ir poorly geareg, i have around 300k patk and still get aggro from any Exe ain a single combo.

In my opinion, zerk's nerf should be about the % dmg bonus he gives tho the group and not his damage itself, wich in turn is already low compared to any slash/club pdps in partys.

I still believe that the patch was good, the changes have been positive, but i have a dutyr to criticize, praise and mainly question about the changes (being polite) and thats whay i have been doing on the exe nerf, especially.

10 minutes ago, Pinkey said:

Yeah the biggest problem with Exe's nerf wasnt exactly the damage but the fact that malice is a big problem rn.

Problem with this is almost all of your malice will come from damage, so the damage is your problem in a sense. Malice wasn't nerfed, damage was.

1 minute ago, Rin said:

Problem with this is almost all of your malice will come from damage, so the damage is your problem in a sense. Malice wasn't nerfed, damage was.

Yeah, the dmg isnt the real problem but at the same time it is (?)

Does someone tried to stack Victory Slam (halfkin racial skill) to get high amount of malice and see if you can manage the aggro?

6 minutes ago, Pinkey said:

Yeah, the dmg isnt the real problem but at the same time it is (?)

Does someone tried to stack Victory Slam (halfkin racial skill) to get high amount of malice and see if you can manage the aggro?

Even if it does work, the answer shouldn't be anything specific to one race. For example, humans have P-ATK when equipped with a rapier. My human does better holding aggro than my halfkin. That doesn't mean halfkins and everything else shouldn't be able to though.

13 minutes ago, Rin said:

Even if it does work, the answer shouldn't be anything specific to one race. For example, humans have P-ATK when equipped with a rapier. My human does better holding aggro than my halfkin. That doesn't mean halfkins and everything else shouldn't be able to though.

Gotcha. But racials have a positive place when we're talking about pvm specially, just like Asura humans in DS for the stun passive and etc. So maybe the %malice whe got as halfkins  with the victory slam SHOULD help? Its a question cause i'm not a halfkin too. But as a zumi with the % atk  with sword i know what are you talking about.

I'm just trying to look into a consistent way to manage the aggro (specially in Sakuya that Exe's a must) with the actual Exe without removing some gears and specific talents/builds to lose dmg~

3 hours ago, Pinkey said:

Gotcha. But racials have a positive place when we're talking about pvm specially, just like Asura humans in DS for the stun passive and etc. So maybe the %malice whe got as halfkins  with the victory slam SHOULD help? Its a question cause i'm not a halfkin too. But as a zumi with the % atk  with sword i know what are you talking about.

I'm just trying to look into a consistent way to manage the aggro (specially in Sakuya that Exe's a must) with the actual Exe without removing some gears and specific talents/builds to lose dmg~

They can help, yes. They shouldn't make or break a class though. In your case, if you want to try Victory Slam and it works for you, then that's good. If someone is playing like Ursun though for example, they don't have a racial that can help. They shouldn't just be screwed on a class because of their choice of race, even if it is just PvM. Not to say Executioner is unplayable in it's current state, because it definitely is playable and still functions well enough. It just deals less damage than BM now so it struggles to hold aggro.