Buff to 110 Trials

Rin

Hello friends! ^_^

I would like to suggest a buff to 110 Dragon Trials. The reason for this is now that we have both 115 weapons and armor, 110 trials are no longer our highest form of content for either of these. We saw a buff with Lv100 Expedition Trials once they fell under the same category after a while. The 110 Awakened sets are generally what people need to start transitioning into the current endgame that we have, Haven of Oblivion and Abyss.

What I hope for this to achieve is to allow both newer players as well as the under-geared or returning players a chance to either gear up or diversify the classes they can play, letting them to move on to the next tier of PvE content we have now. In addition to this, I hope it will prove as an incentive for more geared players to be more inclined to help those same players, as they will be able to complete their set goals sooner. I've seen some people spend over an hour looking for 1-2 people for Abyss or HoO, and I believe being able to get more people ready for it at a faster rate will help offset that as well.

In both HoO and Abyss, class flexibility is extremely important. As a DPS in abyss, you're required to have a P-DPS, R-DPS, and M-DPS geared to clear it consistently. In the current meta, this usually means 3 sets. In HoO, it's generally P-DPS and M-DPS, and R-DPS if you're the person BPing. I think being able to complete this quicker will enable people to begin the grinds through HoO and Abyss, without having been stuck in a grind for the 110 sets already.

As far as suggestions or ideas go, I had a few quick ideas that didn't really take much thought, but I'm sure there are things that could also work that I didn't really think about. Just a two quick ideas are:

• Similar to Lv100 trials, double the Dragon Trial Coins received from 1 to 2 in the 8P trials (Palace of Dreams and Dragon's Keep).
  • Maybe increase the drop rate of Dragon Flaming Stone/Dragon Darkness Stone? Not sure on this one, I don't think they're THAT hard to get, but I do know some people that have been stuck a stone or two short for a while. Sometimes RNG can be... y'know.

Looking forward to hearing thoughts, please let me know what you all think!

P.S. Maybe some kind of buff to GoP too? Not really sure what I would do, but Cerberus/Lucchese/M-DPS combos are really good for newer players to use until they can finish later sets and would make it easier to get into the game and really experience all we have!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

• VGN GM

I think generally the time for making awaken sets easier (which is mostly the goal of the topic) is always good once you have new stuff to aim for but given a little time. I don't really have any sort of opposition to these suggestions.

As for GOP it's been buffed far too many times now so I think that one is as good as its going to get. Since there has already been like 4 - 5 patches buffing this dungeon whether it be rates, entrance count etc etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Jordan said:

I think generally the time for making awaken sets easier (which is mostly the goal of the topic) is always good once you have new stuff to aim for but given a little time. I don't really have any sort of opposition to these suggestions.

I think it would be good now that they have HoO/Abyss to work towards after their sets are done, yeah. HoO's patch was back in July and nearly all of it's weapons for DPS are used in endgame builds, and Abyss was nearly two months ago now. I would love to see more players be able to join parties for these, as they're what most of the peer recruitments are focused on, as well as hopefully see people be more willing to help newer players finish sets if they'll be able to do it quicker. Not to call people out, but a lot of us are lazy sometimes. :V

30 minutes ago, Jordan said:

As for GOP it's been buffed far too many times now so I think that one is as good as its going to get. Since there has already been like 4 - 5 patches buffing this dungeon whether it be rates, entrance count etc etc.

Understandable, I haven't had to make a GoP set for a while now so I wasn't like super sure on this one, which is mainly why it was just a small P.S. lol. The anniversary event quest that gave us a set of our choice was nice, and I know it helped out a few people.

Thanks for the reply!

5 hours ago, warbeast667 said:

tbh i wouldn't mind a buff to coin rate in 8p and an overall wb drop rate increase since in like the 50+ times i've killed a wb still no full sets kill an abyss boss like 7 times and i got their full combo

killed more than 100 frisaya for 1 ring so yeah! those hurts. (still no full combo of any)

On 2/13/2021 at 12:06 PM, warbeast667 said:

tbh i wouldn't mind a buff to coin rate in 8p and an overall wb drop rate increase since in like the 50+ times i've killed a wb still no full sets kill an abyss boss like 7 times and i got their full combo

This would be good too. I know someone in peer the other day was saying they're still 83 dry for Erros T. :( My couple and I used to sell world boss kills and would see it a lot lol. Good business for us but it's always nice to see someone complete something.

As a returning player, I had the obligation to comment here to give support to your idea. I used to be "top geared" when I was active, but now my gears are considered "not enough" for endgame content so i'll be stuck at 110 trials for a while before truly experiencing endgame content.

Thanks for the suggestions.

2 hours ago, Reikan said:

As a returning player, I had the obligation to comment here to give support to your idea. I used to be "top geared" when I was active, but now my gears are considered "not enough" for endgame content so i'll be stuck at 110 trials for a while before truly experiencing endgame content.

Thanks for the suggestions.

You're one of the people this suggestion was made for then, basically. It's all about trying to help new or returning players. I think my initial suggestions, as well as the world boss combo drop rates warbeast suggested, would be really good for the server, and help those players  out a lot.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Like Infect said, there should be Class Drop, perhaps corresponding to the classes it was meant to be used by, eg. Fris > Bard/Lumi/Cleric?, Mithos > Hunter/Ranger/Inquis, Oupella > Engi, just stuff like that.

Its really absurd that we need more than 4+ chars parking inside the trial with full bag to get WB drops.
I really miss the 95 summon mechanic where u can park next to an npc or portal before summoning so that ppl can leave right after the boss died and not risk Item Despawn Timer,
not to mention the amount of times the engine itself "you cannot pick others' items" even tho they have clearly alrdy left the dungeon.