[EE] Change font color?

Patronus

So I'm trying to create a custom UI theme that's more modern and less of an eye-sore but I would really like to change the font color in-game. If anyone would be able to help me locate this that'd be awesome, or if it is not possible without changing stuff you're not allowed to then please let me know.

I'm specifically trying to change the font color for every place where black is used, any other place I don't care for. (Example: In the settings, guild tab, cash shop, backpack)

Here's a quick screenshot of what I'm working on and how it currently looks, still very much a work in progress but you get the idea, obviously black on black doesn't work very well.

abk0toZ.png

• VGN GM

I'm not 100% certain when it comes to the default black colour but when it comes to things that are not black then I would say its not possible as the values are hard coded in where they are used.

As for the default black I would suggest that maybe the config file for the font might be able to control the colour but a lot of the GUI elements like buttons and such will apply the black by default making it unable to be changed.

Eitherway I dont see myself making an option for this anytime soon as I have a lot of other things that would take priority over something like this but I wouldn't say never.

4 hours ago, Jordan said:

I'm not 100% certain when it comes to the default black colour but when it comes to things that are not black then I would say its not possible as the values are hard coded in where they are used.

As for the default black I would suggest that maybe the config file for the font might be able to control the colour but a lot of the GUI elements like buttons and such will apply the black by default making it unable to be changed.

Eitherway I dont see myself making an option for this anytime soon as I have a lot of other things that would take priority over something like this but I wouldn't say never.

But it would be possible to change it if you can locate the file for each of the elements ur trying to change?

Say if I wanted to just manually change it for only the guild tab, I'd just try and find where all the guild tab information is at and change that? 

I don't really code games but I have a tiny wee bit of knowledge and a background in web design so it's not entirely alien for me and I assume the way they code layouts in games is similar to how you would do it using CSS on a website (just different languages).

• VGN GM

Well the individual elements are packed away in the packages and not accessible to players (unless unpacked). It's also not a good idea to modify files like this as it can cause issues with the patching of the game. Although it might be a possibillity to change the default colour used with some tweaks to the files it will begin to get messy when it comes to elements that might be set colour to black or set colour to yellow and theres just not really any way around that other than removing those files from the packages which could cause player issues like patching, crashing etc.