So a few things..... (New Player Kinda)

saitana

I dropped the game on Aeria Games around like 2017? I've always loved the game.
I've always seen people talk about this private server version and I've always wanted to try it, but never got the chance.
So just a few things:
- How user friendly is the grind?
- Is it somewhat active or is it like "everyone is moreso at the end-game" type active?
- Is cash shop more "pay to progress faster" or "strictly cosmetic"? (Cause I assume private servers remove p2w aspects)
- If I did tend to stay around and reach end-game (which I never really did lets be real lol), how tedious is it or is it mainly just a time thing?
- Also any pros and cons I should be knowledgable about?

• saitana changed the title to So a few things..... (New Player Kinda)
  • VGN GM

The grind is what you make of it. If you want the best gears and want to gear a lot of classes then it will take a good while to get that. If you settle with older gear you can get things done much faster. Leveling itself is pretty much free till you get to 110-115 ish and then the last 5 levels theres a bit of a grind to finish but I mean again if your casual 115 is pretty good already.

I mean it's active at end-game but the peer chat is just 1-120 and since world calls are pretty cheap there is a lot of ways for new players to chat and dicuss the game. I always recommend finding an active guild at early game cause often times you can get boosted through levels or help with getting gear from members of the guild.

Dontating to the game as a whole is a mostly cosmetic process, fortification stones and such are on the crystal altar and gem altar but they're low tier rewards and usually sell for quite cheap. So in terms of fortifying your gears you can get a set done in a week if you farm your daily dungeons each day. The closest thing to pay2win in my honest opinion is getting a perfect pet pray for your classes (Which I would consider as more of a luxury than a necessity). A lot of people sell close to perfect or even perfect pets in game but they don't come cheap and will require a lot of gold farming to get it. However, this is something you don't need to worry about until you've sorted your gear out as again more of a luxury item.

Well depends on what you define as "end-game". If you mean just max level then there is a fair bit of catching up to do which will take you a while. But reaching max level you could do in a few days depending on how long you play and such. If you mean geared then the actual time most people spend is making money to buy more costumes pets etc and participating in things like Territory War.

Idk if theres specific pros or cons your looking for but in comparrison to the official server I know a lot more people here have had more success donating nothing or very little vs players who have done that on official. Along with official taking months to level up to max level where as here takes little to no time. Obviously we're more advanced in content so things like gem's for armor take much more time to make and we have more awaken classes so they take longer to get. I guess one pro or con depending on how you look at it, we've spent a lot of time balancing the awaken classes so they're in a much healthier state than what they are on official.

• it's quite user friendly on  leveling and drops that aren't 110t worldboss stuff
  • it's alot more active than aeria was especially after reset but that might be due to chat being for all 1-120 levels
  • while the cash shop isn't really needed to progress quicker since base exp/cp r8 on here is at the cap of aeria there are still some items that premium currency is needed to get like legendary pets (tbh you can just buy it for a ton of gold though so np)
  • depends on how late game it is because while things like 110t wb accessory and t drops are still dry drops in later things like abyss and haven are plentiful but are sometimes annoying to run

now for pros and cons

• with higher exp rates you might be over leveled in some spots early game while still trying to finish quest lines
  • you get free portal stones til lvl81 and garunteed 100% forts on all lvl80 and below gear (with the exception of lvl90 tk stuff)
  • while yes the player base is active not all of them speak english
  • while lvl2 and above charms aren't really a drop the daily log in provides a ton of random lvl2 charms and you can use coins for lvl3 random
  • while it is easy to level and get gear to go into end game there is still that awkward transition from tk into regular gear

To elaborate on leveling itself, once I stopped camping 115, by using my alt to level my classes, I went up to 120 in the span of less than 12 hours game time, without using any exp cards, only Auric/Iris and things that I target toward class level anyway, and even sporadically leveling myself using a battlemap, that still took less than 6 days.

The only part thats hard is pre 80 and even that has been massively boosted, in addition, some quests like the Shaxia repeats have been increased to upwards of 300% of their Aeria counterpart to go from 92 to 93 faster, and new transition maps that go from 93-96, 95-97 etc, and another map trio that unlocks at 106 and boosts u to 115, which is the endgame gear level, no more being stuck at 89 like Aeria.

The 1 thing u shud watch for is how giga broken the templar awaken class has been modified in this server, u shud definitely Shaxia repeat Templar to 80, awkn it, and just cruise thru the rest of the main quests with Bloodknight.