As a new player... [need guidance]

Patronus

I haven't been playing EE since 2013 or 2014 and currently I am using Heritage gear, what sort of gear should I be looking to get as my upgrade from heritage? And how do I go on from there, when do I upgrade my gear (what levels) and is there specific sets (level wise not stat type) I should focus on and others that I should skip?

• VGN GM

Well Herritage levels with you to 60 so then you can swap it for level 60 Temple Knight armor and then to 70 and then to 80 etc.

When you use gear level below 80 remember its perfectly free to fortify all you need is guard scrolls. So take advantage of that to be able to clear the game without many deaths.

As with all new players I often recommend joining a guild that can provide you with really helpful information and have people who are around to answer questions on the fly as this will make your experience the most pleasent in my opinion.

On 3/24/2021 at 12:58 AM, Jordan said:

Well Herritage levels with you to 60 so then you can swap it for level 60 Temple Knight armor and then to 70 and then to 80 etc.

When you use gear level below 80 remember its perfectly free to fortify all you need is guard scrolls. So take advantage of that to be able to clear the game without many deaths.

As with all new players I often recommend joining a guild that can provide you with really helpful information and have people who are around to answer questions on the fly as this will make your experience the most pleasent in my opinion.

Is it necessary to upgrade every 10 levels or can I skip some of the sets?

ofc it isnt necessary, remember on Aeria where we dont have this fort bonus and progressed main quest with +3 armor / + 2 weps anyway? (we died a lot in single player modes tho ewe)
at worst, u just do 2/2 runs instead of rushing 1/2 for main quest, and you should have enuf scrolls for at least 1 wep/armor set, being level 64 doesnt mean u have to skip the level 56 main quest.

11 hours ago, Patronus said:

Hi there! I do highly recommend doing the 'chore' of upgrading your gear as you hit the next gearing phase. It's actually similar to how the game is played even in late game as you go up in tiers to the strongest types!

In Early game, its more beneficial to you if you get those sets and weapons because they are more equipped to fit your current level range and monster level range. (As a Lv70, wouldn't you want Lv70 armor? Lv80 with Lv80 armor—and so on!) People from Peer will tell you the same thing I tell you. It's not NECESSARY, but it's recommended.

If you need help with the dungeons required to be done to actually get the gear then that's what the higher levels like me or anyone else with gear is for! There are quite a number of people in-game who want to see you get the same benefits that are possible for players around. Don't be shy to ask around in peer (and if you did and didn't get a response, maybe try asking at a different time for a bit of a different crowd!)

Hope this helps,

-Malevolent

• Thanks 1

• VGN GM
19 hours ago, Patronus said:

Well the only answer I have for this is "Why not?".

They're very easy to get and then you can just use the auto-fort system so it only takes maybe 10 mins of your time total depending on how fast you clear the quest.

On 3/27/2021 at 10:11 PM, Jordan said:

Well the only answer I have for this is "Why not?".

They're very easy to get and then you can just use the auto-fort system so it only takes maybe 10 mins of your time total depending on how fast you clear the quest.

Ah, I just did my first temple knight quest, didn't realize it was a questline and I just had to run a dungeon in single player mode. As I mentioned, I haven't played this game in years upon years and back then none of this stuff was available so I really don't know where sets come from anymore. 

On 3/27/2021 at 2:12 PM, Psion's Booper said:

Hi there! I do highly recommend doing the 'chore' of upgrading your gear as you hit the next gearing phase. It's actually similar to how the game is played even in late game as you go up in tiers to the strongest types!

In Early game, its more beneficial to you if you get those sets and weapons because they are more equipped to fit your current level range and monster level range. (As a Lv70, wouldn't you want Lv70 armor? Lv80 with Lv80 armor—and so on!) People from Peer will tell you the same thing I tell you. It's not NECESSARY, but it's recommended.

If you need help with the dungeons required to be done to actually get the gear then that's what the higher levels like me or anyone else with gear is for! There are quite a number of people in-game who want to see you get the same benefits that are possible for players around. Don't be shy to ask around in peer (and if you did and didn't get a response, maybe try asking at a different time for a bit of a different crowd!)

Hope this helps,

-Malevolent

Thank you! I've played plenty of MMORPGs and from what I remembered when I last played Eden Eternal you usually had to get blueprints to drop from bosses or for lower level stuff if I recall right it could just straight up drop, but we never had catch up gear back then so I had no clue these items were just given out upon quest completion.. It just seemed like a waste having to craft gear sets for levels that I was gonna blaze through anyway, but now I see why it's worth grabbing the sets every 10 levels heh.

3 hours ago, Patronus said:

Ah, I just did my first temple knight quest, didn't realize it was a questline and I just had to run a dungeon in single player mode. As I mentioned, I haven't played this game in years upon years and back then none of this stuff was available so I really don't know where sets come from anymore. 

Thank you! I've played plenty of MMORPGs and from what I remembered when I last played Eden Eternal you usually had to get blueprints to drop from bosses or for lower level stuff if I recall right it could just straight up drop, but we never had catch up gear back then so I had no clue these items were just given out upon quest completion.. It just seemed like a waste having to craft gear sets for levels that I was gonna blaze through anyway, but now I see why it's worth grabbing the sets every 10 levels heh.

Oh no I definitely get it, especially about the crafting sets part.

There are still a noticeable few set of people who do 95 Trials for the 95 Gear Awakening (Whether if its to have some starter gear past the Lv90 Temple Knight armor you'll receive or for Achievements). But the main meta now is Lv110 Armor Awakenings OR Lv115 Abyss Sets. Both are pretty great, but can be a little pricy depending on the way you go about it. Can always try to build a little holy sage or healer for Trials and run in, leech the HELL out of them to get blueprints for 110 Armors and go on from there.  There's quite a few ways of getting into the game and our GM, Jordan, is working to make playing 'catch up' on the gearing process a bit easier for newcomers and returning players.  You'll get there, I'm sure! :D 

Feel free to ask the Peer for pointers or try to find some well-known named people and you'll find help one way or another.