Wanted Listing.

MAIKA

Ayooo. 

I saw the new rules asserted over Wanted bounties concerning harassment. I have a suggestion and a question: to prevent any sort of harassment - why not just set a "Person 1 has put a Wanted on Person 2" instead of it being anonymous. 

It'd stop people from putting wanteds on themselves and accusing other players, and it would also stop majority of harassment. 

This was suggested by few players, so I'm just putting it out there as an idea. 

• Like 2

From my understanding, we do not have access to the coding to actually do that, but Vivi is able to see who does the wanteds. So, if you have wanteds harassing you or others, you can submit a ticket. I would say to provide the time of the wanteds and screenshots. 
Ngl, I did love the HelloKitty Sucks in wanteds and know who made them, but meh. I'll let them do them if it makes them sleep better at night. ;)

Edited by KawaiiNyanNyan
  • Like 2

The wanted is there for an achievement not to harassing people by spamming names. But it's amusing that some people here have plenty of free time to create accounts with multiple char names just for harassment purpose.

Also is it possible to add CD time for WANTEDS post for example , 5 - 10 minutes each time to avoid people spamming it? 

• Like 4

For a very long while nobody uses wanteds for achievements anymore, it's becoming pretty obvious. 

Best cases would be to make wanteds way more expensive, cd time way longer (in posibility to only place 1 wanted on person per 1 NB), or make the message of wanteds not anonymous anymore, so those who love harassing would be visible.

• Like 1

It's funny how some people who already were the ones abusing system try to voice it as if they are innocent and WANTEDS is just a nice achievement thing. But I am not gonna point out names or who do that.

But WANTED abuse system gotta be stopped. Fully agree with what @Beausaid.

WANTEDS for like 5% are for achievement, and rest is for spite and abuse.

• Thanks 1

• VGN GM

I do suggest that the baseless assumptions end, as if this was the first and only time wanted abuse has been acted upon. Though never clearly stated in the rules, it was punished and acted on - and no one is required to publicly know what happens to them or who it happens to. I've only made it perfectly clear because those who were banned in the passed tried to use the excuse of "Its not listed in the rules".

Also, if you really want to make this thread all about finger pointing and flaming each other, I'll close it and close any other that pops up again about it.

1 hour ago, Cnf said:

I agree with the longer CD on the item

Cooldown and level requirement does not work on the item. Higher cost would only work with raising the vgn cost of the item.

• Like 4

You can at least, make the wanted sign work only on online people, that will make it a lot harder for whoever's being toxic, and will show how tryhard they are about it.

Imagine logging your "puzy" char just so you can flame someone.

• Like 2

So, I think something we can all do as a community is this:

On ASB and I am sure on VSB this happens as well... If you make a character in game with a certain name and you decide to delete or name change the character, that old name will not be able to be used even if changed again unless you submit a ticket to the VGN team in support to see if they can make the name available again. What we can do is so people do not create these bogus alt accounts just for wanteds is merely create names that we know could be used for wanteds to insult and then delete the character. No one can use the name again and no one can put the names on wanted. 
I can start doing that myself if this gets too out of hand. The only issue that would remain is actually harassing the individual with wanteds and just keep putting that character on wanted, but I really do not see much of a problem with that if you have some rivalry and since there is a CD, it's not horribly bad. I think the bigger problem for people is the harassing words that come after the name, right?

EDIT: We can also make rules on what you name your character because I know some of those names used in wanted are actual people's characters that they played. However, that could stir controversy as this game is a little erotic and some people just use this game to ERP... Unfortunately...

Edited by KawaiiNyanNyan
  • Like 1

• VGN GM
4 hours ago, Cnf said:

You can at least, make the wanted sign work only on online people, that will make it a lot harder for whoever's being toxic, and will show how tryhard they are about it.

Imagine logging your "puzy" char just so you can flame someone.

That unfortunately is not possible as well. I've gone through and tested a good handful of things I could possibly do to make it more annoying for people to actually try and spam them like this, but none of it really worked.

A majority of the wanted system is source code bound, so I'm very limited as to what can actually be done to them.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Vivi said:

That unfortunately is not possible as well. I've gone through and tested a good handful of things I could possibly do to make it more annoying for people to actually try and spam them like this, but none of it really worked.

A majority of the wanted system is source code bound, so I'm very limited as to what can actually be done to them.

That's quiet sad, but thank you for letting us know Vivi. Hope people learn at least a slight glimpse of respect when it comes to Wanteds.

Don't like seeing friends upset. : /

2 hours ago, xF4T4Lx said:

How curious, speaking of "Wanted" and today in AK 22 Rgs vs 13 Fks and all the Fks passed as 2 or 3 Wanted, none were saved, why not talk about how to make a more even PVP? in short the hypocrisy

Balance and Wanteds are two different problems and are not equivalent to this post. If you wish to discuss balance, I would say make a separate post and we can discuss.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, KawaiiNyanNyan said:

Balance y Wanteds son dos problemas diferentes y no equivalen a esta publicación. Si desea discutir el equilibrio, diría que haga una publicación separada y podemos discutir.

In the first talk he clearly refers to the "Wanteds" and there are others who also talk about the "Wanteds" that are Rgs and Fks, however, the beginning of this Topic is Rgs, it is a bit contradictory to ask for a suggestion and at 3 or 2 days later playing with the "Wanteds" putting 2 or 3 "Wanteds" to Fks in AK, 22 Rgs vs 13 Fks of which 13 Fks obtained as 3 or 2 "Wanteds"

That's why I said "in short the hypocrisy"
If they ask you for any suggestions let them know that they want what they ask for, the only thing that shows now, everything they wrote here is garbage because apparently they still want to continue playing with their "Wanteds".

And I do not mean the Balance because at this point it seems impossible to have the 2 most important PVP events, well only 1 AK .. NB is a normal BG the prize is the same as going Janus or TP, it is impossible to have a balance in AK.

Nor do I say that those who posted here are the ones who put "Wanteds" in the 13 Fks, but whoever started this Thread has a Discord. I imagine there must be the majority of those who play SB and more Rgs I imagine they should have spoken. there and then to post on the Forum but apparently no one thinks the same because they still want to keep playing with their "Wanteds"

(On the other hand, when I translate the topic it is called "Wanted Listing" if it is not one of the "Wanteds" I don't know why when I translate I keep seeing the word "Wanted" :v)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, xF4T4Lx said:

And I do not mean the Balance because at this point it seems impossible to have the 2 most important PVP events, well only 1 AK .. NB is a normal BG the prize is the same as going Janus or TP, it is impossible to have a balance in AK.

In your words as well,
"How curious, speaking of "Wanted" and today in AK 22 Rgs vs 13 Fks and all the Fks passed as 2 or 3 Wanted, none were saved, why not talk about how to make a more even PVP? in short the hypocrisy"

"More even PvP" would be interpreted as balance, which is not the topic of this post. Again, if you wish to talk about making PvP more even, just create another post. Balance/evenness has nothing to do with toxic wanteds.

Plus, putting multiple wanteds on someone is not deemed as toxic unless it's spammed repeatedly over and over and over on purpose with no intentions for PvP, which the wanteds from AK were not toxic, but were just there for the PvP.
We are talking about toxic wanteds that are used to harass players such as calling names with wanteds so the players identities cannot be revealed on who are making those wanteds except for GM who is the only one able to it figure out. Also, using wanteds to taunt is classified as toxic.
There was nothing wrong with players being put on wanted for PvP, even if there are lesser numbers on one side as long it's just used for the purpose of PvP and wanting to remove the wanted for achievement purpose.

Example:
Someone put a wanted on me the other day saying 
"HelloKitty from <Royal Guard> has been put on the Wanted list."
"Sucks from <________> has been put on the Wanted list."

That would be deemed as the big problem here and what we are all talking about here. Like, it doesn't matter to me honestly with people putting me on these toxic wanteds. It's easy to figure out who does them @ me, just seeing who is online and who I interacted with, but not everyone is complacent with those types of wanteds. 
People here are just trying to find a solution to try to stop the toxicity of these wanteds that are being used to name call. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KawaiiNyanNyan said:

In your words as well,
"How curious, speaking of "Wanted" and today in AK 22 Rgs vs 13 Fks and all the Fks passed as 2 or 3 Wanted, none were saved, why not talk about how to make a more even PVP? in short the hypocrisy"

I said that because only they are 22 and we are 13, and putting 2 or 3 times wanted each one seemed somewhat toxic to me because if the number had been the other way around "I give my right kidney" that not all Rgs would have taken their wanted >:v

"More even PvP" would be interpreted as balance, which is not the topic of this post. Again, if you wish to talk about making PvP more even, just create another post. Balance/evenness has nothing to do with toxic wanteds.

Yes, it was just an example

Plus, putting multiple wanteds on someone is not deemed as toxic unless it's spammed repeatedly over and over and over on purpose with no intentions for PvP, which the wanteds from AK were not toxic, but were just there for the PvP.
We are talking about toxic wanteds that are used to harass players such as calling names with wanteds so the players identities cannot be revealed on who are making those wanteds except for GM who is the only one able to it figure out. Also, using wanteds to taunt is classified as toxic.
There was nothing wrong with players being put on wanted for PvP, even if there are lesser numbers on one side as long it's just used for the purpose of PvP and wanting to remove the wanted for achievement purpose.
Example:
Someone put a wanted on me the other day saying 
"HelloKitty from <Royal Guard> has been put on the Wanted list."
"Sucks from <________> has been put on the Wanted list."

This I did not know

Wasn't there a Forbidden rule to disrespect the GS?

That would be deemed as the big problem here and what we are all talking about here. Like, it doesn't matter to me honestly with people putting me on these toxic wanteds. It's easy to figure out who does them @ me, just seeing who is online and who I interacted with, but not everyone is complacent with those types of wanteds. 
People here are just trying to find a solution to try to stop the toxicity of these wanteds that are being used to name call.  

Now if it is understood if they do not explain it to me with Manzanita I do not understand, it is that I am Latino :v
I'm going to sleep, see you on another topic in the future xd

• Thanks 1