Amara guards

coctanic36

Is there any possibility of a consideration to revert the damage changes made years ago to Amara guards? Or perhaps not revert, but make them more interactive, in a way to be hard to deal with (similiar to the guards in Ellis with their nasty dot debuff) as opposed to getting instantly obliterated.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, coctanic36 said:

Is there any possibility of a consideration to revert the damage changes made years ago to Amara guards? Or perhaps not revert, but make them more interactive, in a way to be hard to deal with (similiar to the guards in Ellis with their nasty dot debuff) as opposed to getting instantly obliterated.

There's no purpose to make these guards weaker because all that would happen is it would allow other players to just go and attack those in the base who are either AFK or doing other things like enhancing, purchasing items, or just spawning into the area. There's no quest or activity for anybody to do in the other faction's base to justify anybody being there as it would then only become a place where people invade and kill others. It shouldn't be a place for pvp.

1 hour ago, Norleras said:

Be nice if we could spawn boxes in each team's bases and bring a Caergate element into Amara

Ellis has a chest too, which is why the bosses have a DoT.

Players already enter the base and attack players and kill them before guards kill them because I've watched them try to reach me when I am AFK in the base. All this will become is easier for these players to kill anybody they want whenever they are in the map. As it enables them to do this and you are basically encouraging this behavior by making it easier for them to do it. You have too many characters that can tank tons of damage without dying like the DE, WH, SE, CB, and ME. Unless you make the spawn location so guarded that they can't step near it without dying instantly, they will just raid the base for spawn kills.

The scenario it will cause.
Players will go raid the base spawn killing players over and over making it hard for them to leave the game or spawn without dying causing their RP to drop dramatically. They did it in Ellis, they'll do it again in Amara. Then you will have specific players who target certain players who enter the area and go find them. If they stay in the base they will be easily killed by these players. If they are found outside the base they will be killed. If they try farming RP at any time they will be killed. Because that's what these players do is go after certain players and kill them repeatedly, especially ranked players.

At least when there was Ellis for higher level players they could switch to the Nemesis Map to farm RP and players looking for certain players would have to switch maps to find them. In Nemesis it also was hard for players to kill AFK players as they would find locations that they can afk to prevent them from being killed.

Many players like myself will AFK in a PvP map so that players wanting to kill me while I farm RP would have to find me. They know I am in the map just not where unless they went to the base to find me AFK. If I was in a location where they can reach me and get their 1 hit kill on me they would do this and then repeatedly go back to the spawn area of the base to keep doing it. If I entered the map the first location these people go are to the RP locations to kill me farming RP. If they couldn't find me there, they would raid the base looking for me and get bored because they couldn't just reach me without dying too many times too quickly. Once they were bored enough I would then be able to farm RP without being disturbed. Changing the guards means I can't enter the zone without somebody coming to rush me anywhere in the map and have no protection from them because the SW is the easiest character to kill with any other character including a ME that is full on support ME. 

if guards could get nerf, they should still able do that much dmg that you cant just go with tanks to aggro them and let army of medics out heal all dmg that guards do or if you guys make that base raiding as thing again then should make that respawn spot have some kind thing(nexus for example) that gives buff every second and last 5secs and it rebuff every second as long you stay in respawn area in base ,that buff could be like simon's buff that cant be touched,pulled,etc so it dont become just endless spawn camping, here my lazy picture how it could look like🙂3EtmyWA.jpg

• Like 3

hahaha yea right so rg who got numbers can raid zerg fk base with hospital intact lmao ..your hidden intention ez to be read still not smart enough to fool any FK lol .. Hospital is your trump card on every zerg on wars ..but you got GS power to back you up as usual ^_*

• Haha 2

As I understand why people would want to keep ones in base 1 shot, I can agree the ones outside of base could be nerfed. Like out the very front. They just one shot for pretty much no reason when there is really nothing going on there and same with NS. NS is probably the best area to PvP without the annoyance of bosses in the way. I wouldn't mind the ones at spawn point to stay one shot, but the ones by the NPCs who one shot are QUITE annoying, especially when whippers just pull you into them, kind of ruining the PvP.

20 hours ago, GoddessSand said:

Players already enter the base and attack players and kill them before guards kill them because I've watched them try to reach me when I am AFK in the base. All this will become is easier for these players to kill anybody they want whenever they are in the map. As it enables them to do this and you are basically encouraging this behavior by making it easier for them to do it.

That's sort of the point of pvp maps in my opinion, no neutral spots where you can stay safe. Many times after NB/AK players could force pvp to happen but can't because some rather stay in the comfort of their bases. Even if it's spawn camping, tough luck buddy its a pvp map. Get more people to retaliate or get out.

4 hours ago, coctanic36 said:

That's sort of the point of pvp maps in my opinion, no neutral spots where you can stay safe. Many times after NB/AK players could force pvp to happen but can't because some rather stay in the comfort of their bases. Even if it's spawn camping, tough luck buddy its a pvp map. Get more people to retaliate or get out.

The problem with being allowed to spawn camp is that players can't leave the game without force logging out. The second a player spawns and gets attacked the game identifies them as in the middle of pvp or pve and refuses to let you leave till you either kill the attacker and get to a location where you can stand still for 10 seconds or they kill you and you respond so you can stand still for 10 seconds. With spawn camping there's not way you can stand there long enough to log out and there's no way you can make it to the portal to leave the area. The base should be a location where players can log in and out of both the map and game. That gets compromised when you spawn camp it and bully/harass other players. With the rules tightening down against Wanteds and other things considered to be Harassment or bullying this is just another method that would end up allowing harassing and bullying to continue in the game. Such people are why so many left the game already and others had to get banned.

44 minutes ago, coctanic36 said:

That is true, I forgot you can be targeted immediately after respawning. For some reason I thought you had an interval where you can't target and can't be targetted after respawning. I wonder if something like could be implemented but I'm guessing not because source.

In some cases you do have a split second to logout, but lets say you do logout at the spawn because of zerg only log back in during another zerg hospital and keep getting caught in them?

2 hours ago, Bikini said:

You still are invulnerable after respawning as long as you don't use a pot. I personally never found spawn camping all that bad since I never was truly trapped, it was always easy escaping when I felt like it.

wrong, oh so very wrong. I've been killed and watched people killed repeatedly after respawning without using  a pot or anything. Sorry you are just wrong.

There's a reason that Guards were buffed so high in Viledon, Nemesis, Ellis(yes here too), and Amara and that was due to the number of spawn campers attacking players over and over again with hospital groups. Sorry if you remove or nerf guards you ruin the game. Just out of curiosity why are guards to OP in BGs then? I've asked for them to be slightly nerfed, yet nobody is asking for those to get nerfed.