What would make you want to play again?

Kibo

• VGN GM
2 hours ago, XGammy said:

Jordan to the screenshot you have to be fair but say that 80% of the players on the picture are alts, to farms the star diamonds :/
wanted to say this only so that the picture gives a false impression as it looks with the playerbase on the server, however an increase since the close of aeria is easy to notice

Well I'm not trying to give false impressions I'm just showing the evidence I have that it isn't as he claims "that nobodies killing the boss".

Clearly in the image people where killing the boss (Well camping the spawn) and although I see a couple of known alt's I can see equally as many known players too. Again yeh maybe the unknowns could be more alts than players but eitherway it shows that at certain times of the day people are killing the bosses.

19 hours ago, SenorBernd said:

There is currently no reason at all to come back. Indeed i'm super surprised that the few people that are still playing classic are so super desperate now. My honest opinion: just give it up and move over to awaken or other games. Why?

1. Jordan has shown many times in the past and even in this very thread here, that he has absolutely no intentions to make the most requested QoL features(lets just stick with the keyword "stones")

2. Jordan keeps talking about how the server needs to fund itself(and lets be real it must also make a win since no business ever is just a "passion project") and i'm pretty sure that isn't the case for many months now which also leads me to:

3. I remember pretty clearly how it was stated multiple times in the beginning that there will >never< be loot boxes. Well, guess what loot boxes are on an obviously dying game? A chance to try and save some of the lost money. 

This all combined honestly should be a more than clear sign that people should just not invest so much of their time and mental strenght into this. I heavily appreciate it, sure, but it's like you're running your car full speed into a wall.

I don't think that i need to say this but: don't get me wrong. I always liked Jordan on a personal level even though i disagree with many of the choices that are being made. Some may know that i even did the monster arena changes with him and made the icons for the class outfits, just to show you here how invested i once was with the server. I still check in here and read through new stuff every few weeks.

I want to state this very clear again: i do not have any hopes or expectations in classic ever growing healthy again. Mostly because of the above reasons and even if a few hand full of people go back, it would still pretty much be unplayable since as others mentioned need people for pretty much everything in this game. 

Edit: As always i could have written a huge wall of text over 2 hours but i wanted to hold it as crisp and quick as possible. As i said just save your time and energy for other things.

Edit2: I logged in to check the diamond rates, rolled (including blue+gold ECs -2 for taking out 1 mount and a make-over) 217 ECs and got 1 Star Diamond. Just so people have a slight number to work with. And the 1 Star Diamond i got landed me on EP in 2nd row, which is a hard lose you can not roll further btw..Yeah sure, i probably just was super unlucky :D 
Also in the whole time i was logged in and rolled (took about 45 minutes since i had some work to do on the side) nobody came and even tried to kill the Event Boss and i saw 1 person writing 1 message in chat, peer-search gave 0 results.

hey so as a guild, 911 has landed on 3 cestus, and like 8 pairs of seraphic wings, 7+ stone boxes if not more, and not to mention the EP. Altar is literally just RNG so posting your bad RNG is just kinda oof. This is an MMORPG... MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER online game, it's meant to be played with other people so im confused what you mean by that. Eden at 70+ cap introduced Sage and a range of other self healing mechanics that greatly increase soloablity the of many DNGs and at 75 you can solo more than half the trials. (65 and 75 awakened axe heal on auto and capping attack speed is beyond easy, PDPS sage can also solo extremely well and quickly on most of the races. I think from your other posts it's fair to say you have a fairly loose understanding of what MMORPGS are. If you think this game is grindy I think you should take a look at any other MMO and the amount of grinding you need in black desert or Blade n Soul makes this game look like a joke lol. 

5 hours ago, Jult said:

hey so as a guild, 911 has landed on 3 cestus, and like 8 pairs of seraphic wings, 7+ stone boxes if not more, and not to mention the EP. Altar is literally just RNG so posting your bad RNG is just kinda oof. This is an MMORPG... MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER online game, it's meant to be played with other people so im confused what you mean by that. Eden at 70+ cap introduced Sage and a range of other self healing mechanics that greatly increase soloablity the of many DNGs and at 75 you can solo more than half the trials. (65 and 75 awakened axe heal on auto and capping attack speed is beyond easy, PDPS sage can also solo extremely well and quickly on most of the races. I think from your other posts it's fair to say you have a fairly loose understanding of what MMORPGS are. If you think this game is grindy I think you should take a look at any other MMO and the amount of grinding you need in black desert or Blade n Soul makes this game look like a joke lol. 

I can only join as to the advice in the altar, had on the first day where the cestus were inside after 50 ec’s already 17 star diamonds some in the last line with doubling even.  accordingly even the things pulled from the star altar, the following day I had after 200 ec’s not even one since you see that it is pure rng and do not understand why you get upset about it, finally you do not force anyone to play the altar.

also I do not understand why everyone can do everything solo in an MMO, then we would not need guilds or parties, yes it is nice  if you can do the things solo but that brings no one further in an MMO especially on a Classic Server.

13 hours ago, Jordan said:

Well I'm not trying to give false impressions I'm just showing the evidence I have that it isn't as he claims "that nobodies killing the boss".

Clearly in the image people where killing the boss (Well camping the spawn) and although I see a couple of known alt's I can see equally as many known players too. Again yeh maybe the unknowns could be more alts than players but eitherway it shows that at certain times of the day people are killing the bosses.

I think you misunderstood me a bit, I didn’t want to say with a word that you want to give a wrong impression but only the picture in relation to the context that there are hardly any players, should this have come over wrong from me I apologize here with them because I didn’t want to blame them in any way

And yes that there are enough people who want to kill the boss I fully agree with them, some also set their alarm clock for this

• MrDoudou changed the title to What would make you want to play again?
On 5/5/2021 at 8:33 AM, Jult said:

So either my writing was 2000% off or you misunderstood completely through the clear hate-glasses you're wearing when reading any post of mine.

1. As stated in my post, i dropped the EC numbers to give a slight number on what people can expect. Ofc it's RNG and people that actually care for rolling will know that themselves. But thanks for shining light on the obvious.

2. You say it yourself, it's a MASSIIVE MULTIPLAYER game and i said that you need people to do everything(of current content at least, especially if you're not 100% geared), not that i wanted to solo something buddy, read again. My point was that it's hard to play a MASSIVE MULITPLAYER game with next to no people to play it. No clue where your point of the game being grindy comes from since i didn't mention that at all, maybe you didn't even read my post? but ok buddy.

3. Not referring to you but to @Jordanand @XGammy here: thanks for posting a screenshot of what, 30-40 people? Of which you admit about halve of them are alts, PROBABLY on prime time of the server. You see it yourself right? Gammy is right, that is pretty misleading to be honest. 

SenorBernd Im begging stop derailing every post to complain you dont even log in. your character is never online, you don't participate in anything in-game (or I would know about it, ask anybody I'm nosy as fuck) and you never give constructive criticism that is relevant to the post at hand or to classic in general. Im so sick of you showing up on every post to slather your whining all over it like a child finding the mayo jar unscrewed when some of us are genuinely trying to get feedback from players current and inactive to appeal to them more and create an enjoyable experience. I cant remember the last time your input on classic forums was any level of insightful or helpful and at this point I would really hope by now youd find something else to do than troll forums for a game you probably dont even have the most recent patch downloaded for. do us all a favor and please shut up already

anyway on topic the gvg changes should help a lot if they are able to be incorporated and i think this topic should be locked if the unhelpful discussion continues

• Like 2

On 4/24/2021 at 2:42 AM, Kibo said:

better server (more stability, better character customization, the opportunity for actual functional custom content)

Yes this line really strikes me 

On 5/4/2021 at 6:41 AM, SenorBernd said:

I understand your frustration but I don't think that your post is very productive towards what I made this thread for.

On 5/5/2021 at 2:33 AM, Jult said:

Eden at 70+ cap introduced Sage and a range of other self healing mechanics that greatly increase soloablity the of many DNGs and at 75 you can solo more than half the trials. (65 and 75 awakened axe heal on auto and capping attack speed is beyond easy, PDPS sage can also solo extremely well and quickly on most of the races.

Not saying this as a personal attack but I don't think marketing things as soloable is a great way to show that it is still playable. People on MMOs normally want a community and group of people to do things with. There are thankfully people still on but clearly the number dropped in the past year and a lot of people log on with no one they knew to come back to. There isn't a reason for someone coming back to the game to want to solo things to progress up to cap beyond like the 2 hours it takes to level to 70.

19 hours ago, Aeri said:

i think this topic should be locked if the unhelpful discussion continues

If this gets locked there will only be a continuation of a thread every month where people ask why the game can be empty when they log on so I'd prefer if it didn't. Don't think locking this over 2 posts by one person is necessary, and if anything the problem was multiple people jumping down their throat thinking that it helps. There is still more ideas and discussions that can be shared through this thread.

-

Anyway, I'm personally happy with the recent patch and think that it was a step in the right direction. What's unfortunate is that it still feels unmarketable to get people to play again. I know that I have the privilege of having friends still around to help me when I log on, but not everybody has that or the resources to progress when they come back to EE considering there are so few groups left. Its unappealing for someone who no longer has connections to come on after a long time and see that it would be difficult to find a competent party for something such as keys, S trials, etc. I liked Matt's idea for a GvG rework and hope that if its a successful system players will find themselves returning out of curiosity for that.

I think that a great amount of people when they think of the Classic server, they ultimately think of wanting to PvP which makes a difficulty in progressing for gear to be up to date frustrating or demotivating when there is no future seen ahead for that. (considering the lack of numbers/community when there is another "classic" server with greater #s in PvP atm) Jult said something to me like 2 days ago that the sooner this is seen as a server with original classes rather than a strictly classic server, better progress can be made and I think that's true. I'm going out now tho so I don't feel like typing more and I'm gonna hit post anyway bye bbl xo

• 3 weeks later...

Hie! Isn't a bug Jordan! also sorry for my bad english i'm doing my best.
I've tested server again with no players around , just Jake helping me with some stuff. (without 30 players for 1 legion is real better and was much more fun since i got boxes, but they didn't gave me what i wanted, its ok RNG sucks)

*I tried alot to give chance to the server with all my love and i plan get back there soon to finish some stuff.

Game is totally normal and stable but isn't real good to play, why?
Since we have no people around, looks like offline game, for some players this can be nice!

*Isn't easy make fame so people can't get basic legion armor boxes + fame stuff.

*Crafting is possible , so crafted armors can be acquired easly, but they still hard to be turned into gold version. (Not a problem since takes long time to update and this time is enough to craft and fortify)

*Making archivements isn't hard just take time, if u have alts u can farm mats easly adding many scrolls at once.
Corona's isn't really easy to find, i would like to see even essences a bit more so we could have better chance crafting.
Eternal coins aren't easy to find, i've found 1 in 2 weeks on AH, but Jake gave me some so i think people still have some for selling if server get players.

*Rank Master and Adventure is totally rentable but need time and patience to get there, Explorer and Hero isn't that hard to get there but if populated back to grind mode.

*Reducing Awaken book quest prices was a good deal, since now with same gold i was able to get 1 awaken now i can get all 3 that i wanted.

*Trial's and DNG rates , nothing to change except add class drop in a close future to all game content, game is super grind already doesn't need to be that bad, since we've 110% weapons i think this could be nice.

*As i've said before on awaken and classic too , making altars are annoying and people will always complain so i'll not get into this cause VGN can't satify everyone.

''What Would make you want to play again?''

Add Temple Knight armor of 20 level distance from level cap (Right now we could have Lv50)
Just to make players feel a bit more comfortable doing game content.

Make normal Safety Stone more popular.
So people can fortify +6 or maybe +8 (Normal Viridian is an option by alpaca coins or in close future battle merit with high price so people can't spam it also add as NT)

Duplicate amount of Eternal Coins on altar 1>2
I think once a week having Altar with EP on it would be nice.

Turn Corona Essence's Lv65 - 70 more popular and easier to get those.
By this way i think players will get much more happy when crafting, instead of fail 10-15 times same item with 55% crafting rate. (Personal Experience)

Well!
That's all i've been thinking/testing these days, just that would make small amount of players come back, or not IDK, people cry too much for nothing so Classic Server is like playing Real Life 2.0 or something like that.
Spend 15/18 hours daily to get all classes in 1 day and a half (Which is totally unnecessary)or grind like crazy to finish new content in 3-4 days(Impatient player mind)

I like idea of ''hard stuff'' that classic have but some Eden Eternal players doesn't, making small things easier will not bring everyone back, classic had your chance to be nice , now needs much more attention to turn back into good server for Toxic community with no patience.

I'm going to off for few days but i'll try to come back and play more, i'll keep trying to give chance to classic but i expect VGN turn into a bit more Friendly than it was.

Thanks for attention again and sorry for taking your time.

• Like 2

• VGN GM
6 hours ago, infecttado said:

I mean a lot of this just tells me you want more EP in the game. Which I am debating increasing on the Altar from a previous suggestion post.

As for corona's and stones I have greatly increased the rates in the last main patch for the game. I have recieved a fair amount of positive feedback on this specific change but I mean I adjusted the stones better even back in August last year (Sometime around then) and people don't even noticed unless they're actively playing the game.

The issue with Classic is a lot of the critic's just expected us to launch in the same state as a Awaken where the games run soley off the value of cosmetic's which just isn't feasible. As I have mentioned countless times there's not a lot to do on Classic and having class drops drop your item within 3 runs and having so many stones you don't know what to do with them ends up in boredom. Class levels can be done so easily too so its not even like theres that grind of leveling all ur classes to cap.

Not really guna call anyone out but if you go looking back through this forum. You will find someone when I explain that they don't need +10 armor to play the game with evidence that you don't they simply respond with "I know I don't need it, I just want it".

But I guess you understand where I'm coming from with comments. But I mean the people who have stuck with Classic, they're all nice! 😃

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Jordan said:

As for corona's and stones I have greatly increased the rates in the last main patch for the game.

i haven't played on altar , but i'll try some EC's just for checking , but since got positive feedback this going to be great.

35 minutes ago, Jordan said:

The issue with Classic is a lot of the critic's just expected us to launch in the same state as a Awaken where the games run soley off the value of cosmetic's which just isn't feasible

after long time thinking and playing both , i really agree awaken desing was going to ruin classic server.

36 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Not really guna call anyone out but if you go looking back through this forum. You will find someone when I explain that they don't need +10 armor to play the game with evidence that you don't they simply respond with "I know I don't need it, I just want it".

that's fact, we don't really need +10 and even all archivements , just main class ones, but people want to have EVERYTHING with less work possible.

Was hard to get HS, but after doing some Elysian and having luck on buckets , my problem run out, new Elysian on Classic HELPS ALOT, its amazing doing that.

Also i've read last event (sadly i'vent tried since i didn't paid attention on it) but people said this was giving alot of usefull stuff, hope we can have more like last one.

That's all, people should just try a bit more.

7 hours ago, infecttado said:

*Trial's and DNG rates , nothing to change except add class drop in a close future to all game content, game is super grind already doesn't need to be that bad, since we've 110% weapons i think this could be nice.

Just replying to this part even tho Jordan already answered, I don't think we should have class drop ever.. the driver system for 120% weapons was cool and not having it makes PvE less stale since you always have a reason to go for new things. As we can see on Shiyatsu server, getting instant drops leaves people with absolutely no reason to go anywhere.

2 hours ago, Kibo said:

Just replying to this part even tho Jordan already answered, I don't think we should have class drop ever.. the driver system for 120% weapons was cool and not having it makes PvE less stale since you always have a reason to go for new things. As we can see on Shiyatsu server, getting instant drops leaves people with absolutely no reason to go anywhere.

There's a bad thing, class drop have 100% chance, also high % item have better chance too.
But we don't need talk about this server.