What would make you want to play again?

Kibo

I'm positive there are enough forums stalkers to warrant answers and ideas. I would really love to hear from whoever is out there ❤️

I just want to know what would give you reason, or motivation to want to log on and play on Classic server. I like that there is still a small community and of course game populations die over time but compared to last year this population is pretty abysmal.

I personally don't like the system on for example Shiyatsu, basically because of what Jordan said on another thread. Having everything handed to you immediately creates burnout and then there is no content left for you to do and then you're bored waiting for whatever is next. However, I think that creating a medium between what's there now and what competing servers have (much higher accessibility to items) is necessary to ever bring back a community. Lets be honest, this is technically the better server (more stability, better character customization, the opportunity for actual functional custom content)

To me, I think that making stones more accessible to people is what's most important to having people play here again. I think the most complaints on the forums a year ago were over how stones were hoarded/unavailable and that the current systems of farming weren't viable to be able to afford them. We are also so reliant on getting them off of crystal altar, and while that system worked at the beginning I feel like it soon became too inconvenient and drove players to not want to play anymore. That's totally understandable when its easy to fort things exactly how you want them on Awakened and Shiyatsu, yet struggling to have your stats look how you want to on here.

I guess that's it for me. I think that getting stones to be accessible in a new system would make people much more willing to play this server again. I think that by doing this and still keeping dungeons without class drop for items would make PvE remain entertaining, while also letting people experiment with new armors, classes and builds that they couldn't before. It will also help people play more competitively in PvP. I see that on Shiyatsu it is easy to gear, and that is what has kept people staying there for months. However, there is still a burnout there because the PvE drop rate is so easy. I'd hope that a system like this would keep players entertained in both PvE and PvP aspects.

Please share your thoughts and ideas if you can. I know Jordan is not actively looking for any changes right now but maybe in the future this thread could be used as reference to solutions. I hope that Classic can become an active server again someday !

756680902536593461.png?v=1

-Jake

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

In my opinion, quality of life changes are necessary. And I speak mostly about the grinding that is required in order for one to enjoy the game- particularly touching on the topic of stones and the acquiring of gears. A friend of mine painted it this way: I grind for two hours to buy eight lucky stones and all of them fail, or I grind for two hours to buy a single halcyon stone. Not to mention the aeons it will take you to acquire the piece of gear in the first place.

If I had to tap on these topics in a more orderly manner though, I would break it down like this:

• Getting gears is a hassle. While it is true that there should be some grinding involved, to make the boss drops as rare as 1% is too extreme. Class Drops (albeit with a reduction) would make the grinding more intuitive- if my gears had, say, 40-60% chances of dropping, I'd gladly go back to farming. To assume that the player-base (who are mostly young adults who're tending to school and their jobs) can grind for hours on end is naïve at best, and it only results in discouragement- take it from me

• Fortifying said gears is a hassle. To quote my friend again, you grind to chain-fortify a piece of gear with a flimsy 10% success, or you fortify one time (and still with necessary luck) out of the, say, 12 you need in order to have decent +6 gears. Once again, to assume that we can grind so much is naïve. Having SS drop in trials, with the addition of class drops, could also make the grinding more intuitive and it'd allow more PvE oriented players to catch up and become more invested in the game

• Just give us POD, for christ's sake. Perhaps this is more of a personal note, but I believe POD is far from broken. If anything, it's an addition that incentivates PvE and allows such players to make themselves with Honor Stars for their sets. "Well, getting 50 HS Chests is too much", well, then code it differently. You're supposed to have the files for the game- just tweak it so it's a little less. It's also a source of EP, which is useful for achivements and buying fame materials for the Aven vendors

The server is kind of its own thing, and I'd be lying if I said it doesn't have great features like Archive Search and Auto-Sort. But looking at it realistically, the classic Eden had a lot of issues which can definitely be improved upon here. Just because it's supposed to be "like the old times" does not mean we have to carry all those problems with us now.

Nonetheless, those would be my two cents. Thank you for reading, I hope I was eloquent enough. 😅

• VGN GM

Thought I'd respond here now.

On 4/24/2021 at 4:56 PM, infecttado said:

Make fortification/reset/archivments exacly like awaken.
This for sure would make me play classic, and i think would make awaken players play there too.

There is a reason we didn't copy how awaken did it's fortification and thats for the simple reason that if you're not releasing new stuff or upgraded stuff every month the game struggles. Only the past year or so with Legendary pets has the game been able to do well with re-released content. Games cost money to run and if you want good servers with the most countries available without suffering from high latency then that cost goes up.

As for achievements not really sure what you mean. There is a lot of altars that have low level startdusts for achievements and not to mention since I used the latest aeria files for this version of the game Classic has 100% craft success on most achievements for the 1-65 category, along with rankings and other things like events and random occasion daily logins that give free stardusts. So yeh maybe the corona's off altar are a little harder to get but overall it balances out.

On 4/25/2021 at 7:26 PM, hinseo said:
  • Getting gears is a hassle. While it is true that there should be some grinding involved, to make the boss drops as rare as 1% is too extreme. Class Drops (albeit with a reduction) would make the grinding more intuitive- if my gears had, say, 40-60% chances of dropping, I'd gladly go back to farming. To assume that the player-base (who are mostly young adults who're tending to school and their jobs) can grind for hours on end is naïve at best, and it only results in discouragement- take it from me

Not a single gear that I'm aware of in the current state of content has a 1% drop chance. Most are below 10% and some are even below 5% but none are 1% or below except for maybe the super rare drops like the Elysian rose or the Dragon Mount from 25 man.

That being said I would like you to explain to me what exactly you're going to be doing in game once you have completed your set in a few days because every other boss kill is dropping you gear. Because at rates like that you're going to accidently complete other class gears at the same time and considering that people already complete 4-5 classes 2 weeks after a content drops already at the rates current state. So what are you going to next?

The game is an MMORPG. The whole genre is basically based on working for your character and leveling it up over time (Whether it be literal level or gear level). If you're time is so little that you need flashing lights and dopamine hits every other trial (so every other 10 mins) then you shouldn't really be playing this sort of game. These games are grindy by nature, but I can tell you incomparrison to other MMO's I have played this level of grinding is childs play.

I have 2 jobs (If you count this as a job). I also do side projects roughly working 12 hours a day on a normal day. Yet I can still find time to play games for more than the 30mins to 1hr daily that it would take to gear up over the space of a week or two. And I know this is possible because I've done this before recently with another MMO. I would understand if you're talking about a WoW raid that takes a coordinated 30-40 people around 1-2hours to complete with the gear being 1% chance at the end and making the arguement that you have school or a job. But your not, you're talking about a game that a good party can take maybe 2-3 mins on a trial and a slower party could take 5-20 mins to complete. If that's too much to ask then I'm sorry.

• Fortifying said gears is a hassle. To quote my friend again, you grind to chain-fortify a piece of gear with a flimsy 10% success, or you fortify one time (and still with necessary luck) out of the, say, 12 you need in order to have decent +6 gears. Once again, to assume that we can grind so much is naïve. Having SS drop in trials, with the addition of class drops, could also make the grinding more intuitive and it'd allow more PvE oriented players to catch up and become more invested in the game

As this one kinda relates to the above I wont have as much to say on it.

This is pretty much the only valid arguement you have made in your post. The frustration of the 10% success rate. We have been trying to tackle this issue with adding things to convert stones to more successful varients and adding other forms of getting the higher success rate stones (That doesn't include spending money, including things like Elysian Island drops). Maybe we can look into implementing the higher % stones but what you've got to remember is the game cannot sustain itself off costumes alone as we've saw how this goes on Awaken. Yes a costume can make a good revenue for the server but when re-released it doesn't even have 10% of the impact it once had (Excluding the rare few like Ghost Horns and some of the recoloured stuff like cestus's and lance's).

It's important that the server makes more than it costs to run it otherwise whats the point. We purchase good servers so that we can provide the best quality gameplay to our players. It doesn't come cheap. We're not out here trying to make ourselves rich, heck I don't even get anything extra for running EE Classic and I don't expect anything extra as it was a passion project at the start. Yet I made all the decisions that people then accuse us of being pay2win or greedy.

• Just give us POD, for christ's sake. Perhaps this is more of a personal note, but I believe POD is far from broken. If anything, it's an addition that incentivates PvE and allows such players to make themselves with Honor Stars for their sets. "Well, getting 50 HS Chests is too much", well, then code it differently. You're supposed to have the files for the game- just tweak it so it's a little less. It's also a source of EP, which is useful for achivements and buying fame materials for the Aven vendors

POD ruined the game in so many aspects. I as a player loved the benefit of POD to the game but quite frankly it ruins the balance of many things.

PvP for example becomes a manditory 30mins to 1 hour of prep time rather than a quick banquet and ready to go. This kills the drive for a lot of people and also widens the gap between the casuals and the try hards.

Honor Stars is a PvP based reward. It's not suppose to be given for killing monsters in the corner of a pve map meaning you never have to step into the arena. Granted it's a pain that some sets are locked behind the Honor Star currency. But this is why we added some extra rewards to be bought with Honor Stars and added Class Medals to dungeons to try and balance this out a bit. I can tell you now Honor Stars in POD never going to happen.

Yes EP is a good valid arguement. I have nothing really to deny here on this aspect as yes farming POD for EP is nice. It's the rest of the issues outlined above that has really stopped pod from being released early.

Please do not take this the wrong way. I very much appreciate the time you have taken to give insight into what you feel about the game. I hope I don't offend you or anyone else with my words I'm just kinda ranting a little to get some of the things that relate off my chest.

6 hours ago, Jordan said:

Please do not take this the wrong way

Not a single gear that I'm aware of in the current state of content has a 1% drop chance. Most are below 10% and some are even below 5%

That being said I would like you to explain to me what exactly you're going to be doing in game once you have completed your set in a few days because every other boss kill is dropping you gear

If you're time is so little that you need flashing lights and dopamine hits every other trial (so every other 10 mins) then you shouldn't really be playing this sort of game

This is pretty much the only valid arguement you have made in your post

I very much appreciate the time you have taken to give insight into what you feel about the game

anyway--

i will save my breath. but thank you for sparing some of your time to read what we have to say

There is a reason we didn't copy how awaken did it's fortification and thats for the simple reason that if you're not releasing new stuff or upgraded stuff every month the game struggles. Only the past year or so with Legendary pets has the game been able to do well with re-released content. Games cost money to run and if you want good servers with the most countries available without suffering from high latency then that cost goes up.

As for achievements not really sure what you mean. There is a lot of altars that have low level startdusts for achievements and not to mention since I used the latest aeria files for this version of the game Classic has 100% craft success on most achievements for the 1-65 category, along with rankings and other things like events and random occasion daily logins that give free stardusts. So yeh maybe the corona's off altar are a little harder to get but overall it balances out.

That's not for me jordan, that's for brazilians, i don't care hows hard its, i've played aion on worst of time farming 12h daily on my vacation, i don't care hows hard is the game, i still love EE and i would play it , i could play but i can't solo stuff.

• VGN GM
9 hours ago, infecttado said:

That's not for me jordan, that's for brazilians, i don't care hows hard its, i've played aion on worst of time farming 12h daily on my vacation, i don't care hows hard is the game, i still love EE and i would play it , i could play but i can't solo stuff.

Not really sure what you're getting at but in regards to your first message. If you didn't care how hard something was then you wouldn't have had the need to call it pay2win back before when classic was peaking as I can assure you, Me someone who was using blue gears farming Highlands and not played the game for a few years was able to earn enough gold per hour that in 12 hours could have bought me plenty of stones to be fully geared. Then with gears being tradable and back when the game was at peak you could have bought most your gear without even needing to farm a single dungeon with this level of farming.

Obviously now there is an issue. With most the people who are rolling altar are people who specifically want the stuff on altar so the market place is kinda trash right now. But I'm still waiting on suggestions that aren't just "Free Fortifications and pray that the whales whale on the game for no gain".

I'm very much open to suggestions but the model that is on Awaken just wont work here.

2 hours ago, Jordan said:

If you didn't care how hard something was then you wouldn't have had the need to call it pay2win back before when classic was peaking as I can assure you

humm but classic is more Pay to speed than P2W but still lots of time and money for my friends, i could just get 1m gold on Awaken buy vgn and use there , done, but for people that doesn't had time to do that on awaken is alot of money, i agree with altar changes and SS changes too, also i love idea of making classic like aeria so people get nostalgic moments.
As i said to people, eden is easy and the ''server i was helping'' you know easier server we've seen in our entire life, is going to die soon.
Can be easy like awaken, but more than this is too much.

2 hours ago, Jordan said:

I'm very much open to suggestions but the model that is on Awaken just wont work here.

That's your vision and its fair, but i don't think people will play it with actual system and since you open to suggestions this can be good , sadly i can't play solo cause is a great server and VGN has power to make it one of best classic experience.

Hello, I just want to say that in order to feel motivated you need to find a good guild, I know there are not a lot right now, but talking with people and doing small things like collecting keys o hunting elites is fun with people.

I work too and I only can play 2-3h a day and ofc the weekends, but I like to take my time and collect things, I am enjoying the game, but I also find some issues:

- There are not a lot of players to do arena and they have very good gear so when they play it is difficult to win, and for that reason it is difficult to get honor stars, I know it a pvp currency but in this situation we need a temporary help like a way to get them in pve or an event or bonus, for example for the anniversary it would be great to have some honor stars and then just work to improve the gear. I want to note that I dont mean to give a lot of honor stars, I think 300 is ok (like in the welcome pack) so you can have  1 piece more of golden gear.

-We need a better %  in fotification system or a way to fuse or improve stones.

- Have a better % in altar for coronas, it is difficult to find them right now.

- More trials runs, I think 5 is very little, maybe we can get 2 or 3 more runs.

• VGN GM
1 hour ago, silver91 said:

- There are not a lot of players to do arena and they have very good gear so when they play it is difficult to win, and for that reason it is difficult to get honor stars, I know it a pvp currency but in this situation we need a temporary help like a way to get them in pve or an event or bonus, for example for the anniversary it would be great to have some honor stars and then just work to improve the gear. I want to note that I dont mean to give a lot of honor stars, I think 300 is ok (like in the welcome pack) so you can have  1 piece more of golden gear.

The anniversary stuff will have a small amount of Honor Stars but not too many.

Don't forget the main thing you need Honor Stars is for the gear. So don't forget to head over to the 0/10's and 0/2's to get them via class drop. I know a lot of players who where doing this daily even when they where some of the most active arena players.

1 hour ago, silver91 said:

- More trials runs, I think 5 is very little, maybe we can get 2 or 3 more runs.

We already boosted them from 3 to 5. We aren't looking to increase this anytime soon. Maybe in the future we might if necessary.

the biggest hurdles that i've noticed to players returning or starting out on classic has been EP / stones. the other servers have it very easy to fortify all of your gear to max level, but that isn't really necessary to be a "useful"/geared player on classic tbh. when pvp was very competitive last year some of the best players had +6 gear, realistically all you need is your weapons +10 if you play dps classes. but with shiyatsu making it very simple for players to cap your gear, that isn't a good selling point for classic, players like having shiny stats easy to customize.

when i log on, players ask me if i have +6 safety stones to sell or know anyone who has them or know any way to farm them, and i never have a good answer for that besides "play altar" but ecs aren't immediately accessible to everyone, it can just read to them as "spend real money to roll ec". alpaca tokens have been said before to be intentionally unviable to farm for safety stones, i really don't know where players are expected to get the regular safety stones / viridians EXCEPT altar. there's several ways to get +7-10 stones, EI/altar/rankings and i've actually found it much easier to +10 an item from +6 than to get it to +6. there needs to be more ways to get regular safety stones so players can fort their equipment. players often fort, er, inefficently, as they don't know any better. you can get to +7 with regular safety stones (again, if you have any), and if you have a rat character the safety stone upgrade racials can help more than people realize. adding viridians to permanently be on 2nd row of altar is good, but its not enough imo. maybe if there was a daily pve quest that gave a few safety stones so players have incentive to go trials or whatnot. there's safety stone fragments, but iirc the only time they were easy to get en masse was the belle boss for halloween and I got half a dozen or so from that throughout the event. if we had something like that but with slightly increased rate or amount then it could help too. hoarding ultra/corals isn't really an issue anymore, they're not the scarce part of the stone problem.

also, EP. it's been brought up before but EP should definitely be increased on the top row of the altar to x2 permanently and be on at least once a week if possible. players need to get fame items and iirc there's no good way to farm 70 wills instead of buy with ep but if ep is hard to come by (tw quest 12 + box 4 + statue quest 30 = 46/day assuming you do all every day) then it's a roadblock to getting the orange gear that you need for arena sets. again it just tells players "ok just spend money to get a bunch of EP and do it instantly" of course the server needs to make money so the option should be there to those willing or able to take advantage of the convenience, but there should be ways to work for it or purchase it a little faster than the current rates. EP has been at a stable 500g or so for months and the price hasn't really changed too much in the history of the server, but other top row items like heartflames (currently like 800g probably, but used to go for 1-2k), deuts (I buy them 500-800g ea), and trits (probably 1.5k atm) obviously the monetary value of the top row not-prime items have always been more than x1 ep's value.

this is a huge reply to the post and seems indirect to the exact topic at hand but having helped a lot of the current new players get started this is the problems that kept being ran into with every single player and it's disappointing to have to tell people "I'm sorry there's not really a good way to grind for this and I don't have any or know anyone with any of what you're looking for so I can't help you buy it" so often. altering the levelling curve has been GREAT as people no longer need help levelling and can take care of things like their racial crafting needs and self-levelling on their own, and hopefully other changes can happen QOL wise similar to that.

also with honor stars being an issue - it's a double edged sword but easier than you think right now. if arena is active then you can queue and get what you need, if it's not active then the easiest way to get you what you need is ask someone or level a character to a class with L50 and do one win on every class for 1v1. it equals 200 honor stars per win each class, so if you get 1 win on cleric, 1 win on hunter, 1 on thief, that's 600 honor stars for you at the end of the month. players will also help you get kills in elysian for honor stars, whenever elysian is open and i'm online i see people in there offering to help or just hanging out. there's also 0/10 (which at level 70 if you have any health recovery should be more than possible to solo) for class medals and i used to do them a lot to prep for arena gear.

• Like 1

I can already understand Jordan in terms of the Stars of Honour and I myself (if you look at it objectively) think that you should not turn around, as it can quickly upset the balance.  However, as some here say, even for players who don’t make PvP for various reasons, it’s difficult to get them unless they’re managing Elysian Island or can

My solution here would be to simply add a small honorable star reward to the Quest (maximum 5 stars per Quest) to the higher exams

-We need a better %  in fotification system or a way to fuse or improve stones

As far as the possibility of improvement is concerned, I should do this, albeit only slightly, because with too much it can tilt everything quickly in the balance.

- Have a better % in altar for coronas, it is difficult to find them right now.

As for the corona in the altar, I don’t see any reason to increase the chance, because the altar, as it has the chances, is good enough in my eyes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I find it appalling that, in a post where we're supposed to voice out our opinions and weigh in on how the server could be better, we come to find the same roadblock time and again: Jordan's dismissive attitude.

What I'm about to say I really actually mean it a good way, so, Jordan:

1. If the way things have been handled thus far really worked, the game would be lively still
  2. If more than one person is coming through with the same issue then it's not an "opinion", it's a tangible problem
  3. Things don't have to be black and white. There can be a middle ground and this post is being weighed in specifically so we, the players, and yourself can find it
  4. Once again, just because this is Classic does not mean we have to carry the same issues OG EE had, with us

Quit fighting opinions- just please listen to what we have to say. No one's here to attack you, we're voicing out our discomfort because we want the server to be fun and playable to begin with.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Aeri said:

also with honor stars being an issue - it's a double edged sword but easier than you think right now. if arena is active then you can queue and get what you need, if it's not active then the easiest way to get you what you need is ask someone or level a character to a class with L50 and do one win on every class for 1v1. it equals 200 honor stars per win each class, so if you get 1 win on cleric, 1 win on hunter, 1 on thief, that's 600 honor stars for you at the end of the month. players will also help you get kills in elysian for honor stars, whenever elysian is open and i'm online i see people in there offering to help or just hanging out. there's also 0/10 (which at level 70 if you have any health recovery should be more than possible to solo) for class medals and i used to do them a lot to prep for arena gear.

Hello thanks for taking your time for answer.

First about class medals, I have no complains, because I can get them in DGN as you say, but sadly not solo because  I need an illu or cleric medal and I am very frail at the moment, I can not get my armor from the elite boxes xD, but I am working on it.

About honor stars, I have some when I played Arena in lvl 60, it was difficult sometimes but I win some matches. I get the idea of an alt account, but idk I wanted to work and play with my actual character, the thing I like about EE is that I dont need other character to experiment the different classes, but maybe you are right and btw I cant find trophy enchants so I guess I have to made them myself with other account and use him for arena too, if that is ok with the rules, I can try that.

About Elysian I have no idea what it is xD and I dont know the schedule either, I will try to ask in game. Anyway I just wanted a little help with honor stars because I have some saved.

And about stones, yes the only way to get them now is in altar it would help to have another way to get the regular ones, maybe in pve.

57 minutes ago, XGammy said:

As for the corona in the altar, I don’t see any reason to increase the chance, because the altar, as it has the chances, is good enough in my eyes.

Hello Gammy, the problem that I have is that nobody is selling them right now and I think maybe they have a low %,I have not played altar in a long time (I dont like to gambling with my money, I prefer selling EC than using them). and when I played altar I didnt get anything useful, Idk if the % has changed, maybe I will try it.

1 hour ago, Jordan said:

The anniversary stuff will have a small amount of Honor Stars but not too many.

Don't forget the main thing you need Honor Stars is for the gear. So don't forget to head over to the 0/10's and 0/2's to get them via class drop. I know a lot of players who where doing this daily even when they where some of the most active arena players.

I am ok with the little amount, anything helps.

1 hour ago, Jordan said:

We already boosted them from 3 to 5. We aren't looking to increase this anytime soon. Maybe in the future we might if necessary.

Yes I didn't remember that, I thought they were always 5.

In conclusion we need some changes, maybe temporary ones, or a small ones, it doesn't have to "break the balance" but I dont think we are in good balance either.

• Like 1

• VGN GM
1 hour ago, hinseo said:

I find it appalling that, in a post where we're supposed to voice out our opinions and weigh in on how the server could be better, we come to find the same roadblock time and again: Jordan's dismissive attitude.

Not really here to argue so I'll just state the following...

First of all I'm free to express my own concerns with your suggestions... And yet after me passing the ball into your court and giving you my concerns and counters to your suggestion instead of helping by coming up with ways to get around the issues so that we can have a balance and a ground that both you as players and the server will both benefit from... You just complain that I'm the one being dismissive.

So I'll say this now.

I'm not against suggestions but I'm not going to do as people said if I think its a bad idea and unlike other servers that would just dismiss your opinion and not give you any insight to why... Atleast I explain why I don't agree so you have a chance to counter it and meet in the middle.

• Like 2

Hello Gammy, the problem that I have is that nobody is selling them right now and I think maybe they have a low %,I have not played altar in a long time (I dont like to gambling with my money, I prefer selling EC than using them). and when I played altar I didnt get anything useful, Idk if the % has changed, maybe I will try it.

The problem with selling I can definitely understand that this is frustrating, but this is not a problem as far as the % is concerned, but a player made problem of supply and demand.
We can discuss guilds internally regarding this problem and we will surely find a solution for :)

• Like 1

Hi mates,

Thanks for this topic and all the opinions shared so far, it's interesting.

My first take would be the EC Altar. As some said above, it's the only way to get fort. stones, as well as other mandatory items to enhance your gear the way you want it to (Chisels, Reset Scrolls, Gear Upgrade Resets). I assume the purchase of ECs through AP is also the main way for the server and the VGN team to sustain, along with the EP.

Wouldn't it be better to have a fully fortification related Altar once per week ? Instead of having always the same Altars with kinda useless items. You could remove the Guild Town items and replace them with Lucky Viridians for instance. On the last rows the mount and Primes could be changed by Reset Scrolls and Chisels x2 for instance.

As it was said above (Jordan I think), the economy on the awakened can revolve around costumes. It's absolutely not the case on the Classic. People (except Aeri) buy costumes once to have the stats and then prioritize their gears. What's the point in having all the altars revolve around Prime costumes knowing this ?
People wanting the Primes will still be able to roll as usual. People looking to fortify will know that every Monday for instance they'll have an Altar to farm.

(By the way what's this trolling of putting super sh*tty items on the last row of the Altar. It was not an issue when the server was active but now it doesn't make sense to punish the last players of the server with 200 portal stones every time they want to roll 50 EC)

Regarding Honor Stars, as the server is way less active. Wouldn't it be a good idea to increase the number of honor stars won per arena ? If you increase the rewards of the 3v3 to what you earn per arena in the 10v10 I assume it will motivate people to join for PvP. Even if they lose they'll still earn enough to go back. It could be also good to fix the arena and allow people to switch classes at the end.

I also like the idea that was posted by somebody (Jult ?) about having more EP on the altar. Fatally we're going to run into a situation where we won't have enough GTs at the highest level so EPs are going to be mandatory.

I'm also in for skill changes in PvP but that's maybe a longer discussion for a more active server. But I'm sure it could "balance" the game and pique the interest of EE players on the other servers as it's going to bring novelty 

• Like 2

• VGN GM
9 hours ago, Crapouillot said:

Hi mates,

Thanks for this topic and all the opinions shared so far, it's interesting.

My first take would be the EC Altar. As some said above, it's the only way to get fort. stones, as well as other mandatory items to enhance your gear the way you want it to (Chisels, Reset Scrolls, Gear Upgrade Resets). I assume the purchase of ECs through AP is also the main way for the server and the VGN team to sustain, along with the EP.

Wouldn't it be better to have a fully fortification related Altar once per week ? Instead of having always the same Altars with kinda useless items. You could remove the Guild Town items and replace them with Lucky Viridians for instance. On the last rows the mount and Primes could be changed by Reset Scrolls and Chisels x2 for instance.

As it was said above (Jordan I think), the economy on the awakened can revolve around costumes. It's absolutely not the case on the Classic. People (except Aeri) buy costumes once to have the stats and then prioritize their gears. What's the point in having all the altars revolve around Prime costumes knowing this ?
People wanting the Primes will still be able to roll as usual. People looking to fortify will know that every Monday for instance they'll have an Altar to farm.

(By the way what's this trolling of putting super sh*tty items on the last row of the Altar. It was not an issue when the server was active but now it doesn't make sense to punish the last players of the server with 200 portal stones every time they want to roll 50 EC)

Regarding Honor Stars, as the server is way less active. Wouldn't it be a good idea to increase the number of honor stars won per arena ? If you increase the rewards of the 3v3 to what you earn per arena in the 10v10 I assume it will motivate people to join for PvP. Even if they lose they'll still earn enough to go back. It could be also good to fix the arena and allow people to switch classes at the end.

I also like the idea that was posted by somebody (Jult ?) about having more EP on the altar. Fatally we're going to run into a situation where we won't have enough GTs at the highest level so EPs are going to be mandatory.

I'm also in for skill changes in PvP but that's maybe a longer discussion for a more active server. But I'm sure it could "balance" the game and pique the interest of EE players on the other servers as it's going to bring novelty 

We have some plans on adjusting the altar with the Anniversary that would implement more permanent and reliable stones from the altar. If all goes to plan you should see this in the upcoming maintenance.

I would also like to state we will be making Honor Star's a little more giving on arenas as suggested by a player in tickets (Similar to what you have also suggested) and we will also be making some adjustments based on what was suggested on this post about a few PvE area related drops for Safety Stones (The standard kind) and the Eternal Coins.

I don't really think fortification altars are a good idea unless we restart doing the stone wipes as it will end up leading to stones becoming very much irrelevant and reduce the balance of rolling altar for those who care more about the fortification related items.

We have also implemented some last minute Guild Town leveling stuff that you can expect during the next patch also.

As for the comment about Altar and the "fail" item on the top row. I found that putting some form of consumable at the top is better than putting just an alpha or something that ends up building up in peoples inventory. Along with that we're also not Aeria with 80%+ chance to gold ec on the last row either so we need to have some compromise here.

Thanks for your reply Jordan

4 minutes ago, Jordan said:

We have some plans on adjusting the altar with the Anniversary that would implement more permanent and reliable stones from the altar. If all goes to plan you should see this in the upcoming maintenance.

I would also like to state we will be making Honor Star's a little more giving on arenas as suggested by a player in tickets (Similar to what you have also suggested) and we will also be making some adjustments based on what was suggested on this post about a few PvE area related drops for Safety Stones (The standard kind) and the Eternal Coins.

Good stuffs are coming then, good news and thanks for the work !

6 minutes ago, Jordan said:

I don't really think fortification altars are a good idea unless we restart doing the stone wipes as it will end up leading to stones becoming very much irrelevant and reduce the balance of rolling altar for those who care more about the fortification related items.

Could you elaborate on the "stones becoming very much irrelevant" ? 

I understand that you're saying that, with fortification related Altars people will hoard a lot of stones and will then not have the need to roll this altar anymore, is that correct ?

If there is a thing that we could define as a constant in EE it's the fact that people will always need fortifying stones. I understand the point I interpreted but I don't think stones can ever become irrelevant.
Furthermore now that the stone wipes are not happening anymore, considering that there are always on the Altar viridian stones, people should be hoarding the +6 stones for their next stuffs.

However it seems to not be the case so far. People seem to struggle more to upgrade their equipment to +6 than to +10 as per what Aeri is saying.

I totally understand your logic and, tbh, this is how I would behave. The experience is, however, not backing it apparently.

A fortification Altar was just an idea, maybe instead of having it once per week, once every month after the reset of the rankings can do something.

Adding PVE ways of grinding stones is also a good track to follow and I'm genuinely curious on how it will be implemented.

17 minutes ago, Jordan said:

As for the comment about Altar and the "fail" item on the top row. I found that putting some form of consumable at the top is better than putting just an alpha or something that ends up building up in peoples inventory. Along with that we're also not Aeria with 80%+ chance to gold ec on the last row either so we need to have some compromise here.

Well of course I'm not asking for super great items with 50% drop rate. The Alpha that are always on the last row are already piling up in our inventories.

I'm using the Portal stone case because it's now something free during your leveling and that nobody I know is using. It's really a useless item that you just throw right away.

Maybe adding the Safety Stone shards, something like x5, instead can help improve the stone complains above.

------

I was also thinking about adding more permanent "events" to gather people around things to do during the week.

Content doesn't have to be new dungeons, new levels and new stuffs.

It can for instance be a Boss that spawns 1-2 per week with interesting loots on it. A boss such as Belle (in terms of HP). This boss can have the skin and name of a player who finished 1st in a specific ranking for instance. This could be fun.

What is done on other private server games is something like a Quizz happening at a specific hour. This would be more trouble to develop but it surely gather people and challenges them on their knowledge of the game. You get rewarded points depending on how much time it took you to reply and there are reward depending on your ranking at the server level.

Small permanent events like this are giving reasons to connect to the game, they are developped once and then they just live on with the server.

• Like 1

• VGN GM
2 minutes ago, Crapouillot said:

Could you elaborate on the "stones becoming very much irrelevant" ? 

I understand that you're saying that, with fortification related Altars people will hoard a lot of stones and will then not have the need to roll this altar anymore, is that correct ?

If there is a thing that we could define as a constant in EE it's the fact that people will always need fortifying stones. I understand the point I interpreted but I don't think stones can ever become irrelevant.
Furthermore now that the stone wipes are not happening anymore, considering that there are always on the Altar viridian stones, people should be hoarding the +6 stones for their next stuffs.

However it seems to not be the case so far. People seem to struggle more to upgrade their equipment to +6 than to +10 as per what Aeri is saying.

I totally understand your logic and, tbh, this is how I would behave. The experience is, however, not backing it apparently.

A fortification Altar was just an idea, maybe instead of having it once per week, once every month after the reset of the rankings can do something.

Adding PVE ways of grinding stones is also a good track to follow and I'm genuinely curious on how it will be implemented.

Well of course I'm not asking for super great items with 50% drop rate. The Alpha that are always on the last row are already piling up in our inventories.

I'm using the Portal stone case because it's now something free during your leveling and that nobody I know is using. It's really a useless item that you just throw right away.

Maybe adding the Safety Stone shards, something like x5, instead can help improve the stone complains above.

There is a difference between making something always available and making something the only thing available and what that does to the amount of them available on the server. Especially if people have the mindset as "Let's spam this and not have to worry about stones for the next few months". It also takes the desire away from rolling the normal altar as there will be less value on landing on the stones and if people aren't rolling for the costume then they're not rolling at all. It used to work on Aeria because not only did they have the worlds worst Altar rates they also locked most stones behind a pay wall of a tiered spender.

Well Portal Stone's are the least useful out of say World Call's and Life Leafs. But we can't really be piling people with those every altar so yeh sometimes it will be good and sometimes it will be bad. I'm sure a handful of them will be useful eventually when DD comes out and people want to taxi people into DD using the Awaken Books. Along with they can be handy at times to fast track places, say if you liked to grind in Highlands or something or farm a specific dungeon you can always take the quest and use it as a quick access point. But yeh it's one of those it can be another Alpha to pile in peoples inventories or it can be a mixture of World Call's, Locus Leafs and Portal Stones.

However, I dont really want to go into detail about the changes being made so it's hard to kinda give information on the changes and how they in theory should effect the game as a whole. So on that specific note I'm just guna have to say please wait till the next patch notes to see my ideas and intentions and then comment on it if it works or doesn't work and then we can see what direction to go next.

12 minutes ago, Crapouillot said:

I was also thinking about adding more permanent "events" to gather people around things to do during the week.

Content doesn't have to be new dungeons, new levels and new stuffs.

It can for instance be a Boss that spawns 1-2 per week with interesting loots on it. A boss such as Belle (in terms of HP). This boss can have the skin and name of a player who finished 1st in a specific ranking for instance. This could be fun.

What is done on other private server games is something like a Quizz happening at a specific hour. This would be more trouble to develop but it surely gather people and challenges them on their knowledge of the game. You get rewarded points depending on how much time it took you to reply and there are reward depending on your ranking at the server level.

Small permanent events like this are giving reasons to connect to the game, they are developped once and then they just live on with the server.

It's easy to underestimate the workload that goes into small events like this and when it's just me working on both servers for the most part (Not discrediting the people I have testing or giving ideas). Then it becomes a "I only have so much time in the day". And yes I could make something generic thats copy and paste but it would still require some effort to be made every week and a patch every week etc etc. I also find that events get a lot less attention when they are weekly especially as they're generic. Then if you make them too desirable and basically "You're stupid if you miss out" you end up with people acting like the person above complaining about having to commit too much time to the game.

If activity picks up though I'm sure we can get @Heraklesto start doing some ingame trivia events and such. But we'd need activity to pick up first for that to become a thing. But we'll see how things go with some upcoming stuff.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

There is currently no reason at all to come back. Indeed i'm super surprised that the few people that are still playing classic are so super desperate now. My honest opinion: just give it up and move over to awaken or other games. Why?

1. Jordan has shown many times in the past and even in this very thread here, that he has absolutely no intentions to make the most requested QoL features(lets just stick with the keyword "stones")

2. Jordan keeps talking about how the server needs to fund itself(and lets be real it must also make a win since no business ever is just a "passion project") and i'm pretty sure that isn't the case for many months now which also leads me to:

3. I remember pretty clearly how it was stated multiple times in the beginning that there will >never< be loot boxes. Well, guess what loot boxes are on an obviously dying game? A chance to try and save some of the lost money. 

This all combined honestly should be a more than clear sign that people should just not invest so much of their time and mental strenght into this. I heavily appreciate it, sure, but it's like you're running your car full speed into a wall.

I don't think that i need to say this but: don't get me wrong. I always liked Jordan on a personal level even though i disagree with many of the choices that are being made. Some may know that i even did the monster arena changes with him and made the icons for the class outfits, just to show you here how invested i once was with the server. I still check in here and read through new stuff every few weeks.

I want to state this very clear again: i do not have any hopes or expectations in classic ever growing healthy again. Mostly because of the above reasons and even if a few hand full of people go back, it would still pretty much be unplayable since as others mentioned need people for pretty much everything in this game. 

Edit: As always i could have written a huge wall of text over 2 hours but i wanted to hold it as crisp and quick as possible. As i said just save your time and energy for other things.

Edit2: I logged in to check the diamond rates, rolled (including blue+gold ECs -2 for taking out 1 mount and a make-over) 217 ECs and got 1 Star Diamond. Just so people have a slight number to work with. And the 1 Star Diamond i got landed me on EP in 2nd row, which is a hard lose you can not roll further btw..Yeah sure, i probably just was super unlucky :D 
Also in the whole time i was logged in and rolled (took about 45 minutes since i had some work to do on the side) nobody came and even tried to kill the Event Boss and i saw 1 person writing 1 message in chat, peer-search gave 0 results.

• VGN GM
2 hours ago, SenorBernd said:

2. Jordan keeps talking about how the server needs to fund itself(and lets be real it must also make a win since no business ever is just a "passion project") and i'm pretty sure that isn't the case for many months now which also leads me to:

I've said countless times here that for me it was a passion project. Whether you believe that or not thats up to you.

3. I remember pretty clearly how it was stated multiple times in the beginning that there will >never< be loot boxes. Well, guess what loot boxes are on an obviously dying game? A chance to try and save some of the lost money.

People asked over and over for Mystery Boxes as they thought it was more beneficial for their spending rather than just flat Eden Crystals. So say what you want about me and my "intentions" to not listen. However, people who still play as a majority prefer spending on Mystery Boxes than Altar...

This all combined honestly should be a more than clear sign that people should just not invest so much of their time and mental strenght into this. I heavily appreciate it, sure, but it's like you're running your car full speed into a wall.

Aren't you just a bundle of joy.

Edit2: I logged in to check the diamond rates, rolled (including blue+gold ECs -2 for taking out 1 mount and a make-over) 217 ECs and got 1 Star Diamond. Just so people have a slight number to work with. And the 1 Star Diamond i got landed me on EP in 2nd row, which is a hard lose you can not roll further btw..Yeah sure, i probably just was super unlucky :D 

Also in the whole time i was logged in and rolled (took about 45 minutes since i had some work to do on the side) nobody came and even tried to kill the Event Boss and i saw 1 person writing 1 message in chat, peer-search gave 0 results.

I know plenty of people who got more Diamond's than that i similar amounts of EC's. It's just RNG... As for the Diamond itself. It has the same rates as the EP off altar. So if you got an EP from your 1 Diamond in theory you lost nothing as you would have had something of that value and chance anyway. I guess you could argue the rarity and exclusivity matters but idk what more you want from me lol.

As for the 45 mins you spent standing there. Maybe you're just on at a bad time cause @Heraklesshowed me this on the Friday.

snapshot_20210430_144255.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

As for the 45 mins you spent standing there. Maybe you're just on at a bad time cause Herakles showed me this on the Friday.

Jordan to the screenshot you have to be fair but say that 80% of the players on the picture are alts, to farms the star diamonds :/
wanted to say this only so that the picture gives a false impression as it looks with the playerbase on the server, however an increase since the close of aeria is easy to notice

• MrDoudou changed the title to What would make you want to play again?