[Eden Eternal] Game does not run

Otinagi

Sorry for the English, I use a Google Translate.

On Windows 10, after pressing "Play", nothing happens. Your Vendetta, your Scarle Blade, and the original Eden Eternal does not run.

I tried all the tips from this forum (part 1, part 2, and etc.). Over the course of a week, I did a lot of experiments with a large number of computers. Here is the result:

• Windows XP (2 comp) - works.
  • Windows 7 (1 comp) - works.
  • Windows 10 (5 comp) - 2 works, 3 does not work.
  • I also tried to run the game on virtual machines - it works everywhere.

I want to note that on a personal main computer (Windows 10) a year ago, the game worked, but now it does not work. I rolled back the updates, played with the drivers, set up the Flash Player - nothing helped. I also noticed that the two computers with Windows 10 that the game runs on are either an ATI video card or an Intel integrated video card. Other computers have NVidia graphics cards. Perhaps the problem is in the drivers. But on a laptop with two video cards, disabling the NVidia card, I could not start the game. On the main computer, removing the drivers - the game did not start. On the main computer, I started installing all the driver versions that were available for my video card. Neither version allowed the game to run. I see a similar problem occurs in many people.

Soon I will try to reinstall Windows and test the game on a clean OS. Clearly the problem is in the game engine and is there any way to fix it? Thanks.

P.S.: Please do not advise me what was written in part1, part2 (install DirectX 9, use compatibility and etc.). I work as system software programmer, system administrator and, hobbyist game developer. I am well versed in the issues of support and compatibility of software and games on different OS. But in this case, I can't even reliably determine the problem that is causing the game to not start.

• VGN GM

Well obviously try the obvious things such as Direct X 9 June 2010 drivers and the C++ packages for I think 2005 but to be sure 2008 is worth installing too for both x86 and x64.

Other than that you could try using run_game.bat to see if its maybe a launcher issue since I don't have anything to do with those and cannot vouch for any issues they may or may not cause. As I know from experiance they can attach themselves to other games (Toon Town is one common one).

You could also add a DEP exception. This works for some people who have a similar issue. I myself had this issue back on Windows 7 when I played the Aeria games version.

Other than the above the only other suggestion is to check the games fully installed (check the pkg folder has lots of files in it) and make sure your Anti-Virus isn't blocking anything such as patching or launching. I know windows defender tends to need the whole folder to be added as an exception (Not always but sometimes).

There is many things wrong with the game engine. But this isn't one of them thats for sure.

Hello!!

Thanks for the answer!

I did some more experiments. I installed Windows 10 on 3 computers and one laptop. And got the following results. I installed the OS without drivers and libraries, and started the game.

• Laptop (i3-2350M, Video: GeForce 610M and Intel HD 3000) - the game is running (on GeForce and Intel). Windows automatically installed the NVidia driver (version 391.35). DirectX 9 and the C++ packages 2005-2008 are not installed.
  • Computer 1 (i5-8500T, Video: Intel UHD 063) - the game started, but returned a DirectX error. I installed DirectX 9 and the game working.
  • Computer 2 (i5-750, Video: Radeon HD 5670) -  the game started, but returned a DirectX error. I installed DirectX 9 and the game working.
  • Computer 3 (i7-870, Video: GeForce GTX 1650 and GeForce 9800 GT [I checked it one by one]) - the game working with the video card GeForce 9800 GT (driver version 341.96). With video card GeForce GTX 1650 (driver version 461.72) I have a problem - game not started after press "Play" button.

I think the problem is with the drivers or the new graphics cards from Nvidia. It is also strange that you do not need to install DirectX and C++ packages 2005-2008 after installing the drivers on the NVidia video card. Perhaps this is all installed automatically along with the drivers.

I also took the HDD from the computer 1 (game working) and connected it to the computer 3 where the game did not work. And it still doesn't work.

Thanks!

• 4 months later...
On 4/28/2021 at 4:59 AM, Otinagi said:

Hello!!

Thanks for the answer!

I did some more experiments. I installed Windows 10 on 3 computers and one laptop. And got the following results. I installed the OS without drivers and libraries, and started the game.

• Laptop (i3-2350M, Video: GeForce 610M and Intel HD 3000) - the game is running (on GeForce and Intel). Windows automatically installed the NVidia driver (version 391.35). DirectX 9 and the C++ packages 2005-2008 are not installed.
  • Computer 1 (i5-8500T, Video: Intel UHD 063) - the game started, but returned a DirectX error. I installed DirectX 9 and the game working.
  • Computer 2 (i5-750, Video: Radeon HD 5670) -  the game started, but returned a DirectX error. I installed DirectX 9 and the game working.
  • Computer 3 (i7-870, Video: GeForce GTX 1650 and GeForce 9800 GT [I checked it one by one]) - the game working with the video card GeForce 9800 GT (driver version 341.96). With video card GeForce GTX 1650 (driver version 461.72) I have a problem - game not started after press "Play" button.

I think the problem is with the drivers or the new graphics cards from Nvidia. It is also strange that you do not need to install DirectX and C++ packages 2005-2008 after installing the drivers on the NVidia video card. Perhaps this is all installed automatically along with the drivers.

I also took the HDD from the computer 1 (game working) and connected it to the computer 3 where the game did not work. And it still doesn't work.

Thanks!

Were you able to make it work with newer graphics cards? I've been struggling with the same problem, but I don't have another PC to plan on.

• Vivi locked this topic