Hello,

Since i didn't find a single thread about this subject.

Could someone please re-explain me how Party Drop works ? Since the beginning of the game I've always heard party drop this party drop that but, what really changes ? 

Also, while we are at it, can I get a confirmation that Loot rate and Drop rate are two different things ? One influences the amount of item drops you get and one influences the rarity of the drop you get.

Or is it only flavor text / not translated correcty ? (example being sorkin / loot charms / drop rate pet)

Regards 

# Tagging those I believe will have the correct answer

@infecttado @Psion's Booper @Herakles @Rin @Jordan

• VGN GM

Well around the 85 level cap to 90 level cap (Was much earlier in Taiwan) they changed how the drop system in the game works (If you ever played Classic I actually reverted it to the old one there).

This means things like Pet's are no longer required for Auto-Looting and that each party member gets there own drops (Which could mean that a boss drops the same item 2-3 times but exclusively for 2-3 players within the party).

However, they added this as a new element to the drop system. So you have to think of the drop system in the context that there is General Drops and Party Drops. General drops allow every player to roll on the items. Party drops only allows the player who gained the drop to aquire it (although there is ways around this).

When not in a party thought, you will not get the Party Drops as simply put, you're not in a party.

So when you make a party and then go into a dungeon even if you're the only player in the dungeon in the party the game doesn't really care. All the game cares about is that you're in a party so you get your Party drops but you also get your General drops too. So it's almost like saying you get x2 drops.

Now the amount of people in the party doesn't actually matter unless they all go into the dungeon for this but often times you will see people filling parties in peer just to be helpful to other players who might not have alts.

Hope that explains the jist of things and why the game is like this.

---

There is only one buff for Drop Rate in the game so it is as you said badly worded / translated text. There was plans to implement the second type of Drop Rate to the game that games like AK and TS have where you get +2 items or something but that was never full implemented.

But to clear up what Drop Rate means...

It means you get more chance to get drops from a monster. Now I know for bosses it doesn't really have an effect or atleast I've personally never noticed it. Monsters on the other hand it has a huge effect on and is very good for gold gain. So things like Sorkin is really good for when farming dungeons or doing activities that you want the drops from like maybe you wanted a DSR Accessory and needed to farm souls.

Unlike the above I haven't actually looked at the underlying code that determine's how effective a loot charm would be so I cannot give you the run down on how exactly they work. But from my personal experiance over the years and from what I already know about the games drop system the general answer I can give is Yey for monsters and Ney for bosses. Whether or not they effect Quest drops on the other hand is also another question I don't know for certain.

---

Hope the above helps.

• Like 2