Unchained Incantation cooldown

Kibo

Could the cooldown for this be reduced to 15 minutes as a QoL change? Often times when running for keys my parties have about 10-15 minutes left on the cooldown timer, and bringing in an alt means somebody loses their chance to get keys. I think this would help players farm for awakened keys much more efficiently.

• Like 3

• VGN GM

While the Awaken armor is still the best armor in the game I don't want to make it too easy to get otherwise it just one thing less to do in the game for people. I know making things easier is important for new players but also making things too easy is also a bad thing. So this change would be something inmind for the future once future content is released.

23 hours ago, Jordan said:

While the Awaken armor is still the best armor in the game I don't want to make it too easy to get otherwise it just one thing less to do in the game for people. I know making things easier is important for new players but also making things too easy is also a bad thing. So this change would be something inmind for the future once future content is released.

I don't want this to come off as a provocative question but what makes having to sit in a dungeon waiting for a timer "harder" or even content? If it made the dungeons mechanically easier it'd be a problem, and I have no interest in something like that. But I find sitting and waiting is something that gives the feeling of making it more so inconvenient or tedious.

I agree with Kibo here. I think lowering the timer, even if by only 5 minutes (to 25 minutes total) is good for the game. The current way around it is to invite an alt, and the newer players most likely don't have any alts to do this with (these days there's not always a full party running these dungeons unless it's one of the big guilds. I see 2-3 people trying to do key grinds somewhat often). I don't think this change would make keys easier to obtain, because players still only have 10 chances at a key drop in a 0/10 dungeon. We're not increasing the chances at keys, or even the rates of the keys dropping, just slightly lowering the cooldown of the unchained incantation item which imo is a nice little quality of life improvement, even if it's only by 5-10 minutes.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 5/24/2021 at 6:26 AM, Jordan said:

Could this be implemented with awakened 75/tower patch?