PvP Time Change

Rin

To better work with Temple Arena times (as well as help the many European/Asian players that want to PvP), I think PvP times should be adjusted. For the weekdays, Temple Arena on Tuesday will have boss spawns at the start of Tuesday and Thursday TWs. For the weekends, bosses will spawn at the start of every single GvG and GA round. I suggested the time change follow the one classic received as well on their thread about GvGs before TA was a thing again though because it would really accommodate many more players, even if it's just an hour earlier.

Suggested times:

• Weekday Territory War changed from 6pm server time to 5pm server time.
  • Weekend GvGs changed from 4pm/8pm to 3pm/7pm.
  • Weekend GA changed from 6pm to 5pm.

Alternatively, the schedule for GvG/GA/TW are well established and adjusted to by the community at this point, while the re-incorporartion of TA is fairly new, we cud also make TA hours odd instead of even, since its only been a few days and people can just re-adapt to that change fairly quickly.
As a side note, the TA bosses spawn erratically like the old "first wave" on the initial TA mechanic, is there anyway to get around this and make all 9 appear consistently?

7 hours ago, SmolShibe said:

Alternatively, the schedule for GvG/GA/TW are well established and adjusted to by the community at this point, while the re-incorporartion of TA is fairly new, we cud also make TA hours odd instead of even, since its only been a few days and people can just re-adapt to that change fairly quickly.
As a side note, the TA bosses spawn erratically like the old "first wave" on the initial TA mechanic, is there anyway to get around this and make all 9 appear consistently?

This works too, but I know multiple people that struggle to attend PvP because of how late it is for them, and even just an hour would help. I'm sure it's a taboo subject to speak about, but it would also unalign us with the other server and allow those players to PvP on both. If PvP time changes are out of the question though, setting TA boes spawn times on the odd hours is probably the next best option.

Edit: posted on wrong forum account oops oh well

• VGN GM

I'm not sure if its possible to make them spawn not on even hours without increasing the spawn time as from what i gathered about the system is it goes to every even hour because at reset it will default the timer back to 0. Where as on maint days the timer will be +2hrs on whenever the server came online.

22 hours ago, SmolShibe said:

We picked 5 bosses intentionally.

• Like 1

I suppose thats fair...about the timer.

On the other hand, is there something gamebreaking if all 9 spawn at once, or any legitimate reason not to have all 9 (beyond some statistics and math)?
In some cases, some ppl who drop chars on all 5 channels seem to report the occasional channel not spawning bosses at all, seems a bit odd to have sparse availability of bosses despite having such forgiving loot conditions, just wondering.

• VGN GM
11 hours ago, SmolShibe said:

I suppose thats fair...about the timer.

On the other hand, is there something gamebreaking if all 9 spawn at once, or any legitimate reason not to have all 9 (beyond some statistics and math)?
In some cases, some ppl who drop chars on all 5 channels seem to report the occasional channel not spawning bosses at all, seems a bit odd to have sparse availability of bosses despite having such forgiving loot conditions, just wondering.

Well asside from the map being so crowded when all 9 appeared at once. I just thought it would be best to have things be a little less overwhelming while also being limited making the PvP map actually encourage PvP instead of just gentlemans agreeing to boss killing.

Thats why unlike things like DoS boss upgrades where it requires you to kill the specific boss you want the trophy for, outside of wanting the base trophy which is depending on your luck only going to require a few kills the rest of the drops are just misc and often just encouraging you to kill any boss when they spawn and not just the one specific boss.

So the decision boils down mostly to just this was what I thought would be the best approach to what I wanted to achieve from the content, which I don't expect everyone to agree with but at the very least hope people understand.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2021 at 9:07 AM, Jordan said:

I'm not sure if its possible to make them spawn not on even hours without increasing the spawn time as from what i gathered about the system is it goes to every even hour because at reset it will default the timer back to 0. Where as on maint days the timer will be +2hrs on whenever the server came online.

Can GA/GvG times be changed then? Classic had a similar patch, and in the notes it said "We have made some changes to the Schedule on Saturday and Sunday to improve the time for the European players." There are many European/Asian players here as well, so the change would knock out two birds with one stone. It would benefit both the TA schedule that might not be possible to change, and help PvP become more active by adjusting our server to the schedule that's more friendly for them. If nothing else, can we put it to a poll maybe?

• VGN GM
3 hours ago, Rin said:

Can GA/GvG times be changed then? Classic had a similar patch, and in the notes it said "We have made some changes to the Schedule on Saturday and Sunday to improve the time for the European players." There are many European/Asian players here as well, so the change would knock out two birds with one stone. It would benefit both the TA schedule that might not be possible to change, and help PvP become more active by adjusting our server to the schedule that's more friendly for them. If nothing else, can we put it to a poll maybe?

The awaken server has a lot of players who are from South America which Classic doesn't really have. So when we make these events earlier these players are the ones who suffer and the time for Awaken atleast was based on what fit the best for most.

About the South American thing, I was born in Miami, spent quite some time there, heard lots of stories, talked to ppl etc.
Maybe not all, but a lot of ppl have a consistent habit of eating later than other cultures, like, 1945 or later is quite normal.
If anything, I believe making the GvG/GA early might make it easier for them to take a break after finishing said PvP events, plus I have noticed that on weekends the SA playerbase just dies after the evening rolls in.

And about the TA boss spreading, I lag heavily in there just because its new and people still havent fully collected everything yet, so they still hunting, and I can respect the decision to cut down on boss numbers, because wow its really hard to play without hiding other players.

4 hours ago, Jordan said:

The awaken server has a lot of players who are from South America which Classic doesn't really have. So when we make these events earlier these players are the ones who suffer and the time for Awaken atleast was based on what fit the best for most.

I'm in a similar time zone to the ones in South America, and I don't think an hour earlier would cause any issues. Currently TW is between 4-8PM depending on the country for South America. This is why I suggested a poll though, since obviously I am only one person and do not know what everyone goes through/what times they can make. I know it's come up in casual conversation amongst friends/guildmates before though and I can't recall anyone not being okay with PvP being an hour earlier. That's just my circle though, there are many more players.

On 6/29/2021 at 11:57 PM, SmolShibe said:

About the South American thing, I was born in Miami, spent quite some time there, heard lots of stories, talked to ppl etc.
Maybe not all, but a lot of ppl have a consistent habit of eating later than other cultures, like, 1945 or later is quite normal.
If anything, I believe making the GvG/GA early might make it easier for them to take a break after finishing said PvP events, plus I have noticed that on weekends the SA playerbase just dies after the evening rolls in.

And about the TA boss spreading, I lag heavily in there just because its new and people still havent fully collected everything yet, so they still hunting, and I can respect the decision to cut down on boss numbers, because wow its really hard to play without hiding other players.

To be honest the actual tw time for the whole south america are on the limite, our work time end around 06:30PM and the tw starts 07:00PM (at least here on brazil and some around countrys like chile, argentina and uruguay).

• Like 2