Just another load of random questions

SmolShibe

A. Does Asura holy skill "Suppressing Slam" work effectively, pushing 300% Pcrit dmg to 320% Pcrit?

B. How does Hp/Def scaling work? is it based off ur base Hp without class bonus/gear? or is it calculated completely differently?

C. Why does the Cerberus 98 Neck, -50% matk passive not apply to ALL matk bonus?

D. BM Thounsand-Cranes "100% bonus dmg" and Kanabo "100% dmg dealt" combos, wats the difference here? or there is none and only text is different? is it indeed different, the Thousand Cranes changes every atk efficiency like Sadness/Magnus?

E. Why are the BK Sword skill descriptions listed on the Mark skills, where as the Sword skills dont list the Empowered basic atk passive, why not just put the Empowered basic atk descriptions on the sword skills themselves and just remove the Sword skill descriptions from the Mark skills? (oh dear lord, look at the length of this thing...)
http://prnt.sc/1bhqsp6

F. This one shud honestly get another thread but...how does the "Dmg Dealt/Taken/Reduc" actually work?
is it...100% base effect, then you add numbers? is it stacked additively like res interctions, or multiplicatively?

The only one of these I can answer is crit dmg will never overcap so any skills you use to apply debuffs just add to totals until they are 3, i.e if you already have 3.00 any crit dmg buffs will not help you. GM can probably help with the rest

• VGN GM
1 hour ago, SmolShibe said:

A. Does Asura holy skill "Suppressing Slam" work effectively, pushing 300% Pcrit dmg to 320% Pcrit?

B. How does Hp/Def scaling work? is it based off ur base Hp without class bonus/gear? or is it calculated completely differently?

C. Why does the Cerberus 98 Neck, -50% matk passive not apply to ALL matk bonus?

D. BM Thounsand-Cranes "100% bonus dmg" and Kanabo "100% dmg dealt" combos, wats the difference here? or there is none and only text is different? is it indeed different, the Thousand Cranes changes every atk efficiency like Sadness/Magnus?

E. Why are the BK Sword skill descriptions listed on the Mark skills, where as the Sword skills dont list the Empowered basic atk passive, why not just put the Empowered basic atk descriptions on the sword skills themselves and just remove the Sword skill descriptions from the Mark skills? (oh dear lord, look at the length of this thing...)
http://prnt.sc/1bhqsp6

F. This one shud honestly get another thread but...how does the "Dmg Dealt/Taken/Reduc" actually work?
is it...100% base effect, then you add numbers? is it stacked additively like res interctions, or multiplicatively?

A. No the only benefit to a skill like this that if someonehas P-CRIT DMG -20% it will be as if they don't have this. The Territory War buff has -20% P-CRIT & M-CRIT DMG Taken. So when used in Territory War of Guild vs Guild this will be like not having that for P-CRIT DMG.

B. Depends on what you're talking about. The green health is flat so a Trophy with +Max HP gives you what you get. However, set bonus' are a little different as by default they don't stack. But I've noticed some of the older Set Bonus have it written because if you give it a white stat it doesn't show. So it's a bit more of a grey area with older content. DEF kinda works in a similar manner so it answers both (I'm not 100% sure if green def is flat or scaling).

C. I'm not 100% sure what is and isn't effected by the -50%. If I remember right (this is 5 years memory so I'm not certain) but if you hover the stat doesn't it give two numbers? I think the right number is the one affected and not the left one. However, this buff is just the opposite of say a Character Trait Apostle. So I presume it just adds them all together like normal stats.

So if you had say a buff that gave 20% M-ATK, set bonus with something like 5% and then apostle. Then you apply the -50% you would have -25% overall.

D. Well theres no difference really asside from Thousand-Cranes is skill specific. So where as Kanabo effects all skills, Thousand only effects a specific skill. I can see where the confusion comes from though as:

5. Kanabo Style: Oneiric Sword - DMG Dealt +100%.

Means Oneiric Sword is the skill that in the combo grants a buff of DMG Dealt +100% for x amout of time.

4. Thousand-Cranes Stance: Oneiric Sword - Deals 100% Bonus DMG.

Where as this means Oneric Sword is the next skill in the combo that will deal +100% dmg on use.

E. Although its long, you can't argue that its nice to be able to just sit in Aven and read everything the sill does rather than running around procing it on mobs and screenshotting it to read it. It's more hassle free, although granted BK is one of the rare cases that give the buff permenantly so you wouldnt be on a timer to read it. But I personally would rather you have all the information you need to know at your fingerprints where possible. I mean who actually knows what Chaos Mode does ony Luminary? Well for Classic I followed the same mentality as I have here with Awaken Classes and wrote down the entire Chaos mode and what it does to the description of the relevant skills. As a player who played a fair bit of Luminary I learned new things about the class just sitting down and writing it. So although it can be an eye sore for some, it's helpful to those who care.

F. It's +N% of the calculated damage. You can go test this with Luminary.  So if you have +100% dmg and you hit 5k before you had it, then you will deal 10k. Sadness Ring is just a +100% DMG Dealt buff for the attack it proc's on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jordan said:

B. Depends on what you're talking about. The green health is flat so a Trophy with +Max HP gives you what you get. However, set bonus' are a little different as by default they don't stack. But I've noticed some of the older Set Bonus have it written because if you give it a white stat it doesn't show. So it's a bit more of a grey area with older content. DEF kinda works in a similar manner so it answers both (I'm not 100% sure if green def is flat or scaling).

Oh it has no practical use, its just whenever I get the Def +10% buff from PoD, I always wonder what the hp/def scaling wud be, since def got +10% yet HP increased by only a few hundred, was pure curiousity.

2 hours ago, Jordan said:

F. It's +N% of the calculated damage. You can go test this with Luminary.  So if you have +100% dmg and you hit 5k before you had it, then you will deal 10k. Sadness Ring is just a +100% DMG Dealt buff for the attack it proc's on.

So Magnus/Sadness just get final priority in that they get calculated last? Ive noticed even on classes that stack high numbers of dmg dealt, the Magnus still makes it 2x somehow...(Axe exe 4T), even tho dmg dealt stat is supposed to be additive.
Did XLeg just screw up the coding and basically made it do an extra 100% tru dmg, or I just misread the numbers?

• VGN GM
On 7/15/2021 at 11:57 PM, SmolShibe said:

So Magnus/Sadness just get final priority in that they get calculated last? Ive noticed even on classes that stack high numbers of dmg dealt, the Magnus still makes it 2x somehow...(Axe exe 4T), even tho dmg dealt stat is supposed to be additive.
Did XLeg just screw up the coding and basically made it do an extra 100% tru dmg, or I just misread the numbers?

Well it should be just +100% so if you already had +50% it should total at +150%. I cannot be certain on that but I don't really see anything out of the ordinary with it to suggest otherwise.