ATL100.DLL MISSING

Ryota

I open my launcher when going to start the game it says "atl100.dll is missing" even though I have it in the sb folder and system32. I also did the microsoft c++ 2010 but it still appear. Do you have any other option to fix this issue? Maybe it's time to say goodbye again to this game :(

ATL.DLL Missing/Unable to Find

Note: 1 or more of these solutions may help. Not all of them may have to be done

• Try re-installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package here. If you have 64-bit operating system, check the box for both the x64 and x84 options.
  • Make sure it's not in your recycling bin, if it is, restore it
  • Run an antivirus scan of your system. This checks if a virus is blocking its path Un-install and re-install SBV
  • Check to make sure all drivers are up to date and all updates from Windows are installed. In most Window's update (before Windows 8), they will include a replacement and updated ATL100.DLL file.

How i fixed Mine >>

Its recommended that these files are not downloaded from DLL sites unless you are 100% sure they are not infected or could not compromise your computer. Download them at your own risk! 

Win 10 -> To fix the “atl100.dll missing” error, put the file in the application / game installation folder. 

Alternatively, you can also place the atl100.dll file in the Windows system directory (C:\Windows\System32/64).

You should be careful where you obtain .dll files from these are code libraries and if someone has altered a function within it, then other peoples programs that call said functions will instruct the dll to do something that developer had no intention of doing. Also you should never store duplicates of a system dll outside of the intended install directory. Most all dll, unless they are special only to a particular program are put into the System32 folder inside your windows install location. Thus this file being a shared dll library should go inside this folder always. 

Best advice is to do a uninstall and reinstall of Visual C++ runtime and not risk getting an altered or corrupt dll from some 3rd party website.

Also this is a common issue and information on this and other common issues can be found here. 

So I am closing this thread as to not extend this already covered issue any more.

Edited by Jade

• Jade locked this topic