Super dead class: Gravity Mage

Moonstelk

Cool story:

I like this class. I rarely use them, but I love fighting against them bcuz they can 1 hit you. It's just one of the greatest trial a player could take: fighting a class that can kill u instantly without effort. But alas times change and so the class too.

I dueled with this class now, I tell u it's sad. The player already have low HP and i haven't even touch them. I said "wtf'? Then i realize the guy is busy stacking bullets. He never had a chance to use them. I shot him with the effect that can remove positive buffs. It was over. I expect that I would be the one laying down the ground..... but it was him. The great class Gravity Mage is now just a dead leaf on the dirty ground waiting to be swept away by the wind..... or just some sweeper guy I don't know.

Ok, to the point. I suggest u make the "Gravitation" and "Weightlessness" unremovable or find a way to make them not suffer so much from the effect of "Balanced Gravity". That's all.

Mr Jordan i would like to hear your side about this class and why it became like this. Thank you

• VGN GM

Gravitation and Weightlessness stacks have been unremovable for a long time.

The class is at this point because it was made harder to play. Before you'd gain stacks from one skill that where consumed on the other skill so basically doing the basic jump and shoot combination you'd rarely need to build any stacks. So the class was just very braindead.

Edit: Just before you suggest reverting the change and just making the stack consumption higher, been there done that didn't change a thing.

The class was still played after being nerfed too its just now there are better options and there is nothing really wrong with that. The Gravity Manipulator was arguably the best magic damage classs for the last 7 years or so, so not all that bad to have a change of pace.

But I would argue that the class is still playable by all means and is probebly still one of the good choices for solo players to use in PvP (Not saying its the best, just decent).

• Like 1

At the end of the day, our player base was never big enuf to fully experiment with all 21/40 classes to properly balance them all.
Until Jordan finds a way to grant classes specific "PvP dmg Dealt/Reduction" mechanics, some classes we will unfortunately have to shelve due to their inherent nature, as poorly designed by XLegend.

9 hours ago, SmolShibe said:

Until Jordan finds a way to grant classes specific "PvP dmg Dealt/Reduction" mechanics, some classes we will unfortunately have to shelve due to their inherent nature, as poorly designed by XLegend.

I don't think this is necessarily true, many classes have been reworked into a better state than it's original (Executioner, Glacier Knight, Blood Knight, etc.) That being said, I'm sure it's a lot of effort to rework every weak class. Having "PvP DMG Dealt/Reduction" stats being specific to classes feels like a bit of a band-aid fix though.

23 hours ago, Moonstelk said:

I dueled with this class now, I tell u it's sad. The player already have low HP and i haven't even touch them. I said "wtf'? Then i realize the guy is busy stacking bullets. He never had a chance to use them.

As Jordan said, in actual PvP, Gravity Manipulator is still a good class. I've used it as a solo player not that long ago and had pretty good results with it. Could still get kills, could still cap crystals decently well. Even in a party PvP setting, with the proper setup it can still be pretty strong. The class is far from bad. It's not running around one-shotting geared players anymore, but overall it really feels like it's at a healthy level currently. Once you progress further into the game, I think you'll find that the class does much better than you might realize at first glance. ^^