Newbie Questions

Cluttery

Hello! I am super new to the server and am having a couple questions that I hope you can answer.

1) Which class is best for solo farming?

2) What are the pro's and con's for each class?

3) Which class is the most newbie friendly?

4) What is the difference between the 2 factions? Which one is recommended for a new player?

5) Are medics wanted/needed? Can they be used to farm as well?

I am 99% a PvE player and want to start on a class that will feel good grinding mobs with and that isn't weak in endgame.

Thank you in advance!

1) It depends on range: till level 34 the punisher is the faster in farming dungeons. But if you not well equipped, punisher die fast in all level 36+ dungeons, so the whipper become the best choice (average gears). If you are really good equipped and PvE build, punisher if fast even in higher dungeons.

3) Punisher is the main starting char for beginners, to learn the game: fast kills, long range, safe distance. Of course everyone will change it later, when they notice it's the worst class in PvP. And PvP is the main task in level cap of course.

4) The only difference is the community of players.

5) Medics have hard time in playing solo, but yes, they are needed in PvP and level cap dungeons. Actually both factions have a decent amount of medics, but it's a rare thing to see, usually we always scream "NEED MEDICS!". I'm sure in a month it will happen again.

1) depends on your goal. Many players do just boss runs then it's the SW that can get to the boss either with or without mobs attacking you. If you are pve skill tree it can toss up between SW and PU, though the current highest level DG a PU and ME in the challenge mode can do it, not sure on speed to loot, but do able none the less. If you farm the full DG mobs and all, you want a WH. Mind you all mobs and bosses in game stop dropping loot, give exp, and gold when you are at 10 levels greater than what you attack. That mean if you are level 30 the highest mob or boss that will give you anything for killing it would have to be 21. So, so take your level and subtract 9 for what you can attack. There is no upper limit on mobs or bosses that you can attack, but going too high even with gear will result in doing little to no damage and a quick death. However, DGs do have a level you must be to enter them and certain maps also require you to be at a certain level.

2) their pro's range from Tankiness to DPS, the greater their tankiness the lower their DPS. SW, SE, PU, and CB can be pretty quick at DPS but the greater you are at DPS, the worse your ability to survive. The WH, DE, and ME are more tank classes, though the greater you tank(which can be pretty high) the worse your DPS(which is already low). SW's can fade and walk around to sneak attack great for avoiding mobs in DGs so you can go straight to the boss for the best loot. PU's can fade in place but can't walk around though can detect faded characters while in their circle, though they can also when they fade dispel any mobs following them given that the mob has hit them at least once. SE's can run around detecting faded characters does have a trap to kill large quantities of mobs/players while still running around it to attack those inside. WH can gather multiple players or mobs at once for CC and pull players back to them that try to get away. DE is supposed to basically be the one to aggro bosses to keep the boss from attacking other players because it can take the damage. ME is the healer class, you can go full support and do absolutely no DPS making it a terrible class for farming or create a mix or pve class out of it though really it's the worst class for farming alone but is helpful in a PT.

3) I started off as a SW, favorite class personally. But going through the different levels it doesn't matter which class because you basically just grind all day and get use to playing it. If you want to pvp with that class I'd work with players in your faction to dual with and learn how to use your class.

4) FK and RG are going to result in the same if you solo play. In PvP FK players do tend to work better together, though RG can have more players if they all show up. There are some flaming that goes on between certain players and their faction, just grab some popcorn and read the chat it can get hilarious.

5) Medics in pvp become either too many or not enough per faction. If there are way too many players will switch to a different toon that may help do damage instead of just spam heal because all it takes is to stun lock the ME's to kill them all. If there isn't any ME's players will switch from their DPS class to be a ME to heal players because not having one against a faction with multiple sucks. Should you choose this class, I recommend also creating a farming class so that you can feed your ME gears. I must note that not every player has a ME character to switch too, just a select few.

18 hours ago, Fαith said:

Hello, you can read on this thread. Hopefully this will give you the answer for your questions. 

I did but I don't want to create a character to farm for another. I want to create a main character.

17 hours ago, Filomena said:

1) It depends on range: till level 34 the punisher is the faster in farming dungeons. But if you not well equipped, punisher die fast in all level 36+ dungeons, so the whipper become the best choice (average gears). If you are really good equipped and PvE build, punisher if fast even in higher dungeons.

3) Punisher is the main starting char for beginners, to learn the game: fast kills, long range, safe distance. Of course everyone will change it later, when they notice it's the worst class in PvP. And PvP is the main task in level cap of course.

4) The only difference is the community of players.

5) Medics have hard time in playing solo, but yes, they are needed in PvP and level cap dungeons. Actually both factions have a decent amount of medics, but it's a rare thing to see, usually we always scream "NEED MEDICS!". I'm sure in a month it will happen again.

Thank you! I might start with a whipper then, how are they in end game?

10 hours ago, GoddessSand said:

snip

Thank you so much for the elabroate explanations!

• 2 months later...

I'm doing pretty good in PvP with SW. Classes are well balanced. All have their use. I'm starting to feel SW is better as tank/dps. Have no use for stealth expect in PvE. You can dodge unwanted fights and go straight to the boss. Defender is more tanky. Very similar. I can say all classes are similar with minor difference. Cyberblade probably op cus it's added later to the game.

Whipper is best for farming imo. AoE class.

My feel so far:

Defender = Tank

Shadow Walker = Melee with stealth.

Cyberblade = Never played it. Probably a hybrid class. Melee attack.

Whipper = AoE dps, medium ranged attack.

Punisher = Highest dps, weak hp, ranged attack.

Sentinel = Detects Shadow Walker, weak hp, ranged attack.

Medic = Similar to sentinel and it can heal, weak hp, ranged attack.

All classes (should) have the ability to stun.

So you have Melee: Defender, Shadow Walker, Cyberblade

Medium range with AoE skills: Whipper

Ranged: Punisher, Sentinel, Medic

All classes are good. For PvP solo I bet all melee are better than ranged. Punisher does have high range and sick dps tho.