Anniversary Coins

Psion's Booper

Hello. First and foremost I would like to say thanks for the Anniversary event! It's great to see it this time of year and it was highly sought after for both a gold sink and just giving players something to do in the mean time while we wait for patches.

@Jordan (Only pinging you once, just don't want this post to get lost in the sea of posts that may or may not arise from the event as a whole)

But... There are a few things that should really be noted here..

1. Much like last year's anniversary event, the coin rate from the boxes the boss gives you is ..bad.
—I don't really intend for this to be rude / flaming of any kind I just want to offer some constructive criticism based on what I see and what I've experienced in the past thus far.  But I also want to offer advice early on in the event just so maybe there could be a potential change in the next maintenance maybe? 👀

The boxes from the quests are pretty much just as bad though too. 😕 Kind of a disappointment? I'm pretty sure that I'm not alone on this when it comes to this opinion and I think it should definitely be buffed or there should be more ways to get coins than the few quests offered by Doudou.
—> Last years idea was great actually! There were multitudes of quests you could do and it offered an incentive for players who either weren't TOO grindy or were excessively grindy and I think that method of coin distribution was much nicer to the community as a whole).

Ji88Vyi.png 
... This... This  is every collector's nightmare. It pretty much reminds me of the excessively grindy patches we've gotten thus far (Abyss, for example). With the way that the coin distribution is now, people will be lucky to even get 2 or 3 things they really want from this year unlike last year where people were able to get multiple items they really wanted. (Be it pets, housing items,etc). There are multiple things like this and each item on that list is..30 coins each. Absurd.

PlZkJ0w.png We don't have this, man. Give us a break LOL 

I will admit that last year was kind of a mess when it came to DImension of Souls bosses and stuff, but outside of that I think the event last year was much more balanced (even if the rate of coins from the boss was garbage, the amount of boxes people farmed made up for it.   ..And also it definitely made more dead content lively throughout the time as well, might I add, so great execution on that part in the past!)

..Also we're missing the DImension of Souls pets this time around 😧 I'm not sure if this was intentional or if they were just forgotten from the trade system. Noticeably missing titles and stuff for passive buffs as well, but that's just excess of things I see. 

Post is already long enough, and I'm hoping to have gotten my point across. Ty!
-Judgement

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This is my first time with this anniversary event but I do agree. The tons of quests a day is kind of intimidating, Especially how spread out they are.  And I do have friends that just did 1 quest and stopped lol. I don't really mind but I've only gotten 2 coins from around 35ish Naga boxes. Drop rate is lower than I thought it would be that's for sure. Either way though I am having fun and I'm not going to stop but last years event does sound fun! Thank you VGN and Judge for looking out for the community :) 

14 minutes ago, Trypolize said:

This is my first time with this anniversary event but I do agree. The tons of quests a day is kind of intimidating, 

Actually, the screenshot of quests was a piece of what quests we had LAST year, hence why I said "We don't have this!" We had more quests last year, but they were easier to do and had a better benefit to the various players in the playerbase that we have right now. This is why I emphasized on how Last Year's anniversary event was better conducted. There was so many different players either killing world bosses, doing trials, doing quetzalcoatl, and other in-game content—which was why I found it more fun. Plus, helping other players provided some form of benefit as well. I do appreciate the additional feedback too though! 
-Judgement

The Quests this year are a whopping 5 runs for each daily dungeon, for 1 daily GREEN box, which most likely gives nothing, while the 100T/110T daily is more forgiving.
35 Nagas no coins, barely any anniversary foods, tons of fireworks and a few 4T pots.

I will no longer harcore participate in this kind of event, and many in the community feel this way as well.
The only reason some ppl log on is to check out "what's new", and most simply disappear after finding out about this years system.
If the anniversary boss and quests were removed, I doubt most ppl wud even care or notice, the ones that bother to stay online are here to chat and roll Diamond Altar.

And the last thing that absolutely irks me. Why is the Vendetta upgrade stone, an item that's "only 2k AP", a very underwhelming reward for 40 coins, put into the main quest of the anniversary, while the other boxes cost merely 30 and give items that easily go up to double the worth of the Upgrade Stone?

• VGN GM
1 hour ago, SmolShibe said:

And the last thing that absolutely irks me. Why is the Vendetta upgrade stone, an item that's "only 2k AP", a very underwhelming reward for 40 coins, put into the main quest of the anniversary, while the other boxes cost merely 30 and give items that easily go up to double the worth of the Upgrade Stone?

Because its tradable. Nothing else in the event asside from the furniture is tradable.

12 hours ago, Psion's Booper said:

Prices are steeper this year but that was because last year they where made extra cheap since 5 year event is a milestone number. So maybe they're a little steep?

Also would like to put out there that the rates are the same as last years events as when making the boxes I used them as a reference. The only difference I will state is the prime and alpha boxes have had the max coin removed from them and had its rates added to the missing versions.

12 hours ago, Psion's Booper said:

Also we're missing the DImension of Souls pets this time around 😧 I'm not sure if this was intentional or if they were just forgotten from the trade system. Noticeably missing titles and stuff for passive buffs as well, but that's just excess of things I see.

They where special for the 5 year event. This is why these will probebly not return unless I find away to implement them into the content.

I'm not going to argue over this but if you have some constructive suggestions please reply with them clearly and not just random ellipsis/italics/bolds and just state:

Here is my suggestions:
1. Change this or adjust this.
2. Update this, or reduce this.

Also if the screenshot doesn't provide something that words cannot explain please do not bother with them as again, just creates confusion and mess like the above.

Thanks.

6 hours ago, Trypolize said:

This is my first time with this anniversary event but I do agree. The tons of quests a day is kind of intimidating, Especially how spread out they are.  And I do have friends that just did 1 quest and stopped lol. I don't really mind but I've only gotten 2 coins from around 35ish Naga boxes. Drop rate is lower than I thought it would be that's for sure. Either way though I am having fun and I'm not going to stop but last years event does sound fun! Thank you VGN and Judge for looking out for the community :) 

Could be wrong since his post is a mess but, I don't really think the amount quests is the problem other than what @SmolShibe mentioned about how many bosses where required to be killed. Last year had 13 Daily Quests and this year only has 4. It also had 13 single completion quests and this one only has 3 (Unless you include the upgrade stone which makes it 4). The whole point in the daily quests is to reward you for doing things that you might not do day to day. Especially if you take the chance to help newer players with stuff like 100 trials and 110 trials.

---

Thanks for feedback if anything I will take this to the next event.

I wud like to see more of these GoP/HoO/Abyss style single completion quests, instead of the daily quests that arguably serve no function whatsoever.
The thing about these daily quests, is that their rates are so bad (as agreed upon by the majority of the community), that its almost the same as sitting in Aven all day long and only doing Event boss instead.

• VGN GM
7 minutes ago, SmolShibe said:

I wud like to see more of these GoP/HoO/Abyss style single completion quests, instead of the daily quests that arguably serve no function whatsoever.
The thing about these daily quests, is that their rates are so bad (as agreed upon by the majority of the community), that its almost the same as sitting in Aven all day long and only doing Event boss instead.

Well I'll consider the suggestion. This was all I asked for in my last post.

However, I will like to call upon the fact of what you said about me in game chat a couple mins ago since someone was so kind to share a screenshot of what you said in guild chat.

"the rates will be bad. they've always been bad. deal with it. fuck u guys"

I never said deal with it by any means did I or even allude to not changing it. Just I got the impression from the OP's response that they may have been suggesting that last year was some how different and just clear any air I stated the facts. They where like this last year and although someone did mention last year about the boss rates I don't recall anyone mentioning the quest box rates. So I was just clearing something up.

So rather than the snide comments in game thinking that people don't share everything with me just say, can we please have the rates increased or more chests or something.

Just like you did here, minus the end part:

14 minutes ago, SmolShibe said:

---

Also please don't take this personally against yourself. I see a lot of people say stuff in gamea and then say something else to my face this was just the first opportunity I had where the message in game and the forum post aligned well enough to comment on it.

• Like 1

Actually u do have the right to get mad at me for saying stuff like that, so props to you for not showing it.

As for another, very simple idea I just thought about.
Is to give a large portion of the require coins, RIGHT at the start of the Anniversary quest.
For example, if 30 coins are required for an Anniversary cosmetic reward, which all happen to be NT, and mostly do NOT affect the market, then slap on a 20 coins reward, and make it once per account, not just level 100-105.
It incentivizes people to actually go do the event, since "its only 10 coins left". The lucky ones will finish it quick and try to get another reward, the ppl who r not so lucky...well hopefully they at least get the 10th coin on the literal last day of the event, making them participate the entire duration.

Okay then. That's all I have as a response. Mostly because I'm kinda at a loss for words on how to respond to you without either sounding commanding or sounding like an ass. I'm just going to say this:

I'm aware that the box is a copy/paste from last year's box. I clearly stated that it would be nice if the coin rate is modified to be better so we can potentially get more than 1~2 items without praying to RNGsus that he'll be nice. Everything in this server is pretty much RNG at this rate and with it being that way I would like if it there was more options available to actually collect coins. The reward on the boss is seemingly based on damage. The less damage you deal = the less rewards you get.

I've seen some complaints from players who haven't gotten any reward even though they hit the boss a number of times. Sucks, yes. Can be fixed? Probably.

But outside of this? That's it. People just want more availability for coins. That's my suggestion.

Also.. The screenshotted picture explains plenty. I even did the honors of explaining what they meant. First one = 30 coins = oh god, the farming, will I have enough time?!

The second screenshot depicts quests from the last anniversary event. "We don't have this man, give us a break!" I then proceeded to break down how we have less coin income due to less quests overall. If confusion was created, then the right thing to do is post so we can discuss if further explanation is needed. And I did like above. I won't comment further on it lol

Thanks.

Oh and also lets get rid of the fireworks from the event box. Literally everyone and their mom hates them. If you want fireworks people I'll literally give you free ones from zumi racial, cause the rate of distribution from them is insane.

Thanks.

• Like 2

• VGN GM
33 minutes ago, SmolShibe said:

Actually u do have the right to get mad at me for saying stuff like that, so props to you for not showing it.

As for another, very simple idea I just thought about.
Is to give a large portion of the require coins, RIGHT at the start of the Anniversary quest.
For example, if 30 coins are required for an Anniversary cosmetic reward, which all happen to be NT, and mostly do NOT affect the market, then slap on a 20 coins reward, and make it once per account, not just level 100-105.
It incentivizes people to actually go do the event, since "its only 10 coins left". The lucky ones will finish it quick and try to get another reward, the ppl who r not so lucky...well hopefully they at least get the 10th coin on the literal last day of the event, making them participate the entire duration.

Game doesn't support account based quests from my knowledge. The only way to achieve this as of the moment would either be with a website box or daily login changes since they're account based. Also I get why you suggest this but I think if the coin rate itself is too bad then improvements need to be made there rather than just something to encourage it since it should feel rewarding to do the quests which clearly I haven't done the best job with since last event apparently.

I do think maybe adding some more single completition quests maybe next week would be a good start but I'll look into it more.

17 minutes ago, Psion's Booper said:

Okay then. That's all I have as a response. Mostly because I'm kinda at a loss for words on how to respond to you without either sounding commanding or sounding like an ass. I'm just going to say this:

I mean you say this but then actually give a good well structure post thats easy to understand and clearly points to what you wanna suggest. So clearly you do know how to respond without sounding like an ass or commanding lol.

18 minutes ago, Psion's Booper said:

Also.. The screenshotted picture explains plenty. I even did the honors of explaining what they meant. First one = 30 coins = oh god, the farming, will I have enough time?!

The second screenshot depicts quests from the last anniversary event. "We don't have this man, give us a break!" I then proceeded to break down how we have less coin income due to less quests overall. If confusion was created, then the right thing to do is post so we can discuss if further explanation is needed. And I did like above. I won't comment further on it lol

The pictures break the structure of your post and break up the text. You saying "Ohh god, 30 tokens is too much farming" is much easier to say than taking a picture of something and then doing all this "... This ... This". It's just fluff and nonsense. They don't add to the topic and they add no more context to the post than you literally writing that you feel the grind is heavy.

But i mean the above quote literally explains both the pictures without even needing to look at them, that is my point.

22 minutes ago, Psion's Booper said:

As for your actual post though. I'll look into some changes to make for maintenance next week and if I feel necessary maybe extend the event 1 more week depending on the outcome. I understand why you have complaints about the grind/tokens as now that I've looked into it more I have noticed some flaws that where missed when I originally made it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1