Fix autosorting mats

Reichhardt

Hello,

While handing a storage characters some crafting materials and trying to auto-sort them, I noticed they didn't quite sort right. I got some more mats from wherever I could borrow a few to see what was up, and noticed multiple different materials had levels 75, 80, 85 and 90 sort in front of lower level mats.

The mats dropped by non-summoned mobs are by far the worst. Hearts + cores and bloods + ashes alternate one another, on top of having levels 75, 80, 85 and 90 sort in front of the rest once again. 

ptbTyeW.png
All different mats from non-summoned mobs I could find or get with EP, autosorted.

I know this is likely not going to be a priority of things to be fixed or changed, but having it be acknowledged would be a nice start.

Thank you for your time.

• Like 1

• VGN GM

There isn't currently any intention to fix this issue.

This issue is due to the fact that the method used to sort objects is done based on the ID of the item in the file system. So in-order-to fix this issue we'd have to override the sorting method with our own custom one. This would mean we'd have to create a new data file that indexes each item in what we would consider the correct order to sort through. This would require us to go over the currently 33,158 items in the game and sorting them based on the order we see as fit.

And before you ask about why we can't just do Materials. Well we could but the issue with just doing Materials is it would be unoptimal for the code to have 2 different sorting algorithms at the same time and could increase the chances of issues arrising for slower connection players that currently happen every so often with the Auto-Sorting system. So yeh maybe in future once the Auto-Sorting system has been worked on we could look into this but I'm not going to give any false hope and say it's on my large TODO list because it's just not right now.

• Thanks 1

Completely understandable. Your response helped me realize the magnitude of the effort that would be needed to fix it, I don't blame you for not putting it on your todo.

Like I said, I knew from the start that this wasn't going to get fixed or changed anytime soon. I'm happy knowing you took the time to read my post and give a thought-out response.