Class And Faction Population

Elements

Hi there! I played SB when it was newish, and exclusively played Medic at the time. I’m planning on getting into SBV now, but wanted to ask the current players some questions about the current population before deciding what to play.

Mainly, I’m wondering how the faction balance is, and how the class balance is. Does one faction outweigh another, and if so, by how much? Also, I assume the game has a usual shortage of healers and tanks, but I was curious how badly each was in need. I’d prefer to play Medic, but if there’s almost nobody playing Defender, I might go with that instead. Thanks!

When it comes to faction balance, yes and no that one side out weighs the other. Basically here are current issues with the game when it come to faction balance.

1) One faction isn't constantly out numbered all the time during the day. Meaning if you popped in during one time of day then one faction might have more people, though if you showed up at another time the other faction would have more people. Mostly because players like playing with people who are on for this scenario.

2) Major BGs like AK and NB are another factor in faction balance and there are 2 reasons for the imbalance. First, is that the time that they occur isn't suited for everybody in every time zone, so some players can't join to help maintain balance or high population. Second, is that some players have characters in both factions and will sometimes switch to the zerg side for loot, because what's the point of pvp if you constantly have 2 people for every 1 player if you can't do anything? Now there are occasions where there is balance, but the second some players catch that they are losing will switch to the winning side or if they are easily winning will switch to the loosing side with too many people and the winning faction begins losing too easily. So, balance here is a bit of a touchy subject as some players get upset if you normally play one faction and they find you on the other faction where they outnumber you and win. 

Character wise, if you are starting from ground zero I would create a character for farming and a Medic. Though you can also create a Defender too and switch between what is needed and what you want to play. A lot of times a Medic is needed, but many times there are more medics than we need. So, I would plan on first creating a farming toon to boost it ot the level you want to play at, specifcally for 65 players. Then go back create the toon you want to play that might be more difficult to farm with and then have your farming toon feed gears and enhancing stuff to the toon you want to play till that toon is set to play on it's own.

• VGN GM
11 hours ago, IamNoOne said:

Also, they don't even care, there's one problem happening right now, they don't even give a damn about it. They just turn a blind eye, no reactions, no feedback, none at all. Good luck and enjoy.

If there is a problem happening, I haven't seen you post about it yet. So rather then just sit here complaining about a problem we clearly have no idea what you're talking about, why don't you make a post about it instead of trying to hijack other's.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • VGN GM
4 hours ago, IamNoOne said:

Oh, lots of ppl sent you tickets already, but no reply. Needless to post it, what's the function of the Game Sages, they're the one who supposedly identify those. 

As I said, you and them are more then welcome to create posts for these bugs (which is where they are meant to go anyway - tickets are only for bugs not meant for public eye). Since this is getting off topic, I will be closing this thread as well. Apologies to the original poster if they wished to keep it open.

• Vivi locked this topic