Regarding Dual Log

MissySissy

Heyas , I noticed dual log was disabled . and i'm here to tell u it was a bad idea because it was bad enough regarding population before the dual log but after dual log got disabled it really just killed it off >..>.. people were just chilling out farming with dual log , lvling their other toons, and without it.. theres not much to do around anymore... theres no people around (if any at all) to regularly pt with .. i personally know of 6 people that left because the dual log was disabled .. guilds are inactive .. i strongly suggest to reconsider and bring back the dual log. i know it wasnt like a big known thing to do but it did really give people stuff to do around while theres nothing active going on. and considering theres no new content for endgame or anything at all new being given whats the problem of allowing the players have a dual log and allow them to lvl their other toons , and farm on their own .. at least it was active >< 

@Vivi @Vivi

The problem with dual logging is that it got out of control with people multi logging Battle Grounds which is against the VGN Game Rules. When someone joins twice or more in a timed battle ground it, one gives them twice the rewards making it unfair for the community, two it can and has influenced the ability for other players to also join those battle grounds.

While what you are saying is not going to affect the masses, the problem spanned over to the battle grounds and in order to put as much halt that as possible the decision was made to remove dual log from within the client. Sorry if this has inconvenienced you however there is much more to it than just simple farming and or character leveling.

Edited by Jade

I liked dual logging, but didn't like dual logging inside a bg. Too many people would dual log and take up both slots in a bg registration, those individuals who tried to join weren't allowed in because 1 player was selfish and took up the first slot on both sides. While I liked being able to quickly change from one faction to another without having to close the game down and open it back up, I understand that there are some people who think the rules don't apply to them. When they specifically make it a rule I do follow it to keep from getting banned, others will ignore the rule and the longer they go without getting caught or reported the more they do it. Kinda interesting though that many people who pushed for the rule don't play that I can see. 

• VGN GM

Dual logging, as it's already been mentioned, was too abused. This was also disabled over a year ago and not just recently.

It also will not be returning any time soon. We made the decision in order to avoid doing more bans then we already have to because of dual logging.

Still, it was the biggest wrong decision ever.

It's also getting ridiculous to constantly use it as an excuse, that it disabled because people do dual log on BG's. They people who did it, still keept doing it till a point they got banned. Its not necessary to punish the full playerbase. Taking one of the most things out that holds the game alive atleast a bit, no idea how you want to continue, if you taking constantly down the game experience from everyone.

But well we can say what we want there will no change.

2 hours ago, Archangel said:

Still, it was the biggest wrong decision ever.

It's also getting ridiculous to constantly use it as an excuse, that it disabled because people do dual log on BG's. They people who did it, still keept doing it till a point they got banned. Its not necessary to punish the full playerbase. Taking one of the most things out that holds the game alive atleast a bit, no idea how you want to continue, if you taking constantly down the game experience from everyone.

But well we can say what we want there will no change.

Yeah, people still find away to dual log and break the rules if they really want too and from my understanding that people are still getting banned for doing it a year later. I would like it back, but it is what it is right now.

Actually, the number of infractions that need to be monitored or banned has lessened in the year+ so this isn't exactly true.

However I am closing this topic as it is just going to continue and become a base for argumentative comments.

• Jade locked this topic