Remove shura from the shura map?

Marsen

I've been thinking about this for awhile, but shura feels like it scales better to a bigger population.

While the gimmick is cool, I feel like this server has outgrown it. It's causing more problems and doesn't really add anything interesting to the current situation. They're really buggy still, they cause too many issues because there aren't enough people, and people are actively avoiding PVP on shura map days.

To and try to cultivate a better pvp environment without any hurt feelings, I think this would be the best course of action. One shura is enough to wipe all current players on the map as is, and it's hard enough getting balanced pvp as it is. Removing shura from the map or reducing the move speed, damage, and/or range is probably the best course of action.

However, I think the devil manta rays are ok. They're NPCS and not players, and have mechanics in place from them causing too many issues.

Let me know what you guys think!

• Like 4

I support this. Shura is way too buggy and the gimmick if anything turns people off from going to these TWs. There have been multiple times where guilds will just leave the map because they don't even want to deal with it. 

The map is essentially interesting enough since its the only one that you can't cross directly through, so I'd say to remove shura for now and see if it affects anything. I don't think it will hurt and there definitely aren't any staunch supporters of the mechanic that will lose their minds if it is gone.

• Like 1

Why do you want to delete shura? The gimmick is the mechanics of the map it's like removing Belk from the other map.

Remember the gimmick only has the player's movement speed so slow down and kill it with the dot or avoid it/take it before the opposing team if the gimmick is really your problem you can take it and therefore prevent your enemies from have, the totems have precise spawn locations (several and random but a certain number) to be smarter than your opponents to take advantage offered by the totem.

Delete the map because "not adapt" is the easiest solution for you.

Aeri if you have found a bug report it to be corrected and patched.

Even without the bug the shura doesnt work like it should. it lags and it's impossible to get away from it. Its a gimmick but its not done correctly and the only people who enjoy the map are the ones who take advantage of the gimmick in either form. Belk and the manta rays arent bugged, thats why nobody complains about them. Both belk and the manta rays can kill players just like the shura, theyre completely different mechanics. If the shura skill bug is patched it still doesnt change the issue that its skills delay you and you cant get away from them, taking away all of the skill and fun. You can easily get 100 move speed on foot too...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Aeri said:

Even without the bug the shura doesnt work like it should. it lags and it's impossible to get away from it. Its a gimmick but its not done correctly and the only people who enjoy the map are the ones who take advantage of the gimmick in either form. Belk and the manta rays arent bugged, thats why nobody complains about them. Both belk and the manta rays can kill players just like the shura, theyre completely different mechanics. If the shura skill bug is patched it still doesnt change the issue that its skills delay you and you cant get away from them, taking away all of the skill and fun. You can easily get 100 move speed on foot too...

The lag that is created from being pulled in by the asura is a game engine bug, not necessarily a bug with the Asura itself (you can see this through the lag from using teleport/location altering skills like Dimension Jump or Flash Step). I believe it occurs because people try to immediately move after being pulled in, before your location is updated. You can prevent the lag from it by using a skill upon being pulled, as it updates your location and will prevent the lag that usually comes from it, in my experience at least. Alternatively, maybe this skill could also be reworked similarly to the suggestions below. Instead of having the skill pull people in within X amount of meters/feet, which can cause the bug to occur, why not make the AoE much larger and put a -% movement speed debuff on everyone that cannot be debuffed? By doing this it allows for counterplay because players won't be bugged out and left like fish in a barrel. It also makes the Asura more of a skill thing, as it forces them to chase people around. 

For a more on topic post, I believe that the Asura should not be removed. I think reworking it is better decision as it allows for the "gimmick" to persist. A rework can be done in multiple ways, either through nerfing the damage reduction that the Asura currently has, nerfing the damage it can output (to prevent it from 1HKOing a party, or player), or by making it so the Asura cannot be healed, either through skills or AoE healing items (Kinmokusei's Combo, Awaken 75 Weapons when they eventually come out). The Asura is currently too oppresive and will remain this way until we have over a certain amount of HP in TW. The Asura actively inhibits PvP because people simply do not attend these TWs because they'd rather not deal with it altogether. 

• Like 1

• VGN GM

I've saw how this goes and how quickly this feature goes from game changing to irrelevant quickly just down to it not being able to one shot people anymore, especially when it comes to not one shotting healers. I also don't really think there is a proper way to balance this feature that would make it not game changing as thats kinda the point. It's suppose to be a way back into the game for the losing side and can equally be used to hammer home the victory for the winning team.

Although this suggestion is interesting so if I was to make any changes this might be one way to make it a little more 'fair'

On 11/18/2021 at 10:39 PM, Matt said:

or by making it so the Asura cannot be healed, either through skills or AoE healing items (Kinmokusei's Combo, Awaken 75 Weapons when they eventually come out).

As for the bug, I was only recently informed about it and have yet had the chance to fix the bug. So that will be going but as I said to the person reporting it. Asside from maybe support classes this bug doesn't really benefit you as you're losing your abillity to one shot and pull people in which is infinitely better than any dps class skills.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Jordan said:

I've saw how this goes and how quickly this feature goes from game changing to irrelevant quickly just down to it not being able to one shot people anymore, especially when it comes to not one shotting healers. I also don't really think there is a proper way to balance this feature that would make it not game changing as thats kinda the point. It's suppose to be a way back into the game for the losing side and can equally be used to hammer home the victory for the winning team.

Although this suggestion is interesting so if I was to make any changes this might be one way to make it a little more 'fair'

As for the bug, I was only recently informed about it and have yet had the chance to fix the bug. So that will be going but as I said to the person reporting it. Asside from maybe support classes this bug doesn't really benefit you as you're losing your abillity to one shot and pull people in which is infinitely better than any dps class skills.

I don't really care too much if the damage stays in tact, the main issue with shura is how laggy it becomes when you are pulled in by it. If you're able to change that skill to something like I suggested, or a different variation that you think would be balanced, then I think everyone would be happy with it.

Playing against shura is almost impossible because of the lag that is created upon pull in, 1hko or not. I won't speak for others but I won't play against something like that. Even in Aeria a lot of players actively avoided the ice-map TWs.