Change TW time to 5PM EST

Kibo

I wanted to suggest that TW time gets pushed from 4PM EST to 5PM EST. It seems a lot of players are finishing work or just getting off of it around the current time and I think that this could all around improve attendance / availability of players.

Feel free to share your input / if you agree, etc. I'd like to see other thoughts on this if necessary

Thanks

• Like 11

Hello,

Actually, TW at 16h server time means 22h for us european players. Pushing it by 1h will result on lowering participation from european players. In the long term, I don't believe we will observe more activities during TW.

Having different time zone is a difficult challenge, here are some options that I think seems fair for everyone :

1 - Different hours of TW during the week (like monday 17h, tuesday 16, wednesday 17,...), so everyone can play it when the TW is close to their time zone schedule 

2- Add another TW for week days and adapt the schedule, so everyone can play at least one per day. Adding TW means reduction of quest rewards. A good option will be 15h and 18h server time (21h and 0h for european).

Pro : everyone can do TW with their schedule

Cons : loss of PvP interactions

A territory reset on saturday morning is possible? It will promote the fights during weekend when everyone can be here... So we can concentrate the pvp activities when evryone can play...

8 minutes ago, Hecate said:

Hello,

Actually, TW at 16h server time means 22h for us european players. Pushing it by 1h will result on lowering participation from european players. In the long term, I don't believe we will observe more activities during TW.

Having different time zone is a difficult challenge, here are some options that I think seems fair for everyone :

1 - Different hours of TW during the week (like monday 17h, tuesday 16, wednesday 17,...), so everyone can play it when the TW is close to their time zone schedule 

2- Add another TW for week days and adapt the schedule, so everyone can play at least one per day. Adding TW means reduction of quest rewards. A good option will be 15h and 18h server time (21h and 0h for european).

A territory reset on saturday morning is possible? It will promote the fights during weekend when everyone can be here... So we can concentrate the pvp activities when evryone can play...

While I agree that changing it can be detrimental to European players, it has been shown in the past when PvP times are altered to better suit the EU/French players, they did not take advantage of it. If anything, the attendance of this region dropped after the times were better suited for them.

Additional TWs won't solve anything, either; we have barely enough attendance as it is for TW, making another one will in the day will just make it even harder to get attendance. For weekend TW resetting, I'm fine with that but I don't think it will do anything either based on the attendance we see in GvG.

8 minutes ago, Hecate said:

Hello,

In Witchcraft the current EU players are awake anyway and are willing to go, even if its an hour later than it is right now. The only primarily EU guild on the server is Guildouillot, and they are not consistent with attending already, which is fine. However I do not see a reason to accomodate this on a time that is already showing to be ineffective with creating consistent PvP.

I would personally prefer to make it open to NA/SA/BR players that are just getting off of work and can/are actually willing to attend if it's an hour later. To me, moving it and seeing what happens is better than what we currently have going for us.

I don't care at all when territories are reset but I do not see the weekend TWs ever having mass attendance when there is already GvG to worry about.

Jake you therefore prefer to prioritize the PVP to NA/BR/SA players, as much requested to have TW at 9PM EST there at least you will be 100% sure that no European will be there, your thought is completely personal, you say that Witchcraft players are ready to PVP 1h later but they are already playing with NA/BR/SA players.

Why we European players could not ask to have us also hours of PVP which suits us because all the 1V1 are done at 1AM (start), I think that very few NA/BR/SA players will be rady to go to bed late as we have to do when we want to go to 1v1, the finals of GvG are also done at 1AM, you say that e are disinterested in the PvP but the hours are not to our advantage, some must get up early the next day and cannot allow yourself to do PvP at 1AM, maybe if for PvP hours was reversed things would be something else, more EU and almost no NA/BR/SA?

Also when the guildouillot go to TW the NA/BR/SA players complain because they don't play like them, did you think that by saying that you are going to motivate the other EU to come PvP?

• Confused 1

59 minutes ago, NicooE said:

Jake you therefore prefer to prioritize the PVP to NA/BR/SA players, as much requested to have TW at 9PM EST there at least you will be 100% sure that no European will be there, your thought is completely personal, you say that Witchcraft players are ready to PVP 1h later but they are already playing with NA/BR/SA players.

Why we European players could not ask to have us also hours of PVP which suits us because all the 1V1 are done at 1AM (start), I think that very few NA/BR/SA players will be rady to go to bed late as we have to do when we want to go to 1v1, the finals of GvG are also done at 1AM, you say that e are disinterested in the PvP but the hours are not to our advantage, some must get up early the next day and cannot allow yourself to do PvP at 1AM, maybe if for PvP hours was reversed things would be something else, more EU and almost no NA/BR/SA?

Also when the guildouillot go to TW the NA/BR/SA players complain because they don't play like them, did you think that by saying that you are going to motivate the other EU to come PvP?

He literally says the time would be set to "5 PM EST." I am unsure where you got the time of 9 PM EST. He is saying that the European players within his own guild are willing to PvP an hour later in the evening. The non-european players in his guild are irrelevant. 

With regards to how Guildouillot operates, we all agreed to not use the Asura because of how buggy/unbalanced it is. The only people that ignored everyone else and ruined PvP are members of your guild, specifically Lawwey. The finals of GvG are not at 1 AM, they are at 10 PM UK/11 PM Germany/FR time. I am unsure where you are getting these times from, they are incredibly off. The times for GvG were already changed in the past to be more accommodating for European players, specifically the French that were playing when the times were changed. They then utilized these time changes once, and have not been present in GvG since. There is no reason to further accommodate players that have been given the opportunity and squandered it by doing nothing with it.

Here is a link to the patch notes that details the time changes and map changes regarding GvG: 

It has been over 5 months and a European/FR guild has been to GvG once to actively participate in PvP. 

You should take some time to properly read the posts, along with some of the replies in this thread. If English is not your native language, reach out to someone who has a better grasp on it because for some reason, you are not understanding anything that is being written in this thread.

For the French players who work coming to the 1v1 happens at 1am, some of them wake up to go to their work 4 or 5 hours later? Do you think it's completely wrong? Come to France to do this we will talk about it later. And for the story of the shura, it does not concern this post. Kind regards

5 minutes ago, Mirako said:

For the French players who work coming to the 1v1 happens at 1am, some of them wake up to go to their work 4 or 5 hours later? Do you think it's completely wrong? Come to France to do this we will talk about it later. And for the story of the shura, it does not concern this post. Kind regards

1v1 availability is a moot point. The only reason people use it is to abuse ranking rewards, or farm medals. There is no actual PvP aspect to 1v1; nobody uses it for that. If people were to use it for something more than farming medals, then maybe a suggestion to add an additional timeslot for it may be something reasonable. And complaining about the timeslots for arena is kind of silly regardless, there is no timezone that is suitable for every arena.

If you want to disregard a story about shura, then disregard anything related to 1v1. This post is about changing the time for TERRITORY WAR, nothing else. Please keep all posts on topic if you're going to ask others to do so as well.

10 minutes ago, Mirako said:

No one is talking about 1v1 and more importantly none of you have ever made an initiative openly to ask for a time change for it, so I don't know what you expect. However that won't happen because 1v1 is only used to be exploited now. Make your own thread if you want to propose something for that. This has nothing to do with what I am asking here. Thanks

No one is proposing to come in 1v1 because there is no one who participates. Everyone does the 1v1 with their own alts, but you complain about the French players who have benefited from a change of schedule for them, but we have not talked about the schedules of other PvP instances, I find your remarks inappropriate towards Guildouillot. Some people have a life and prefer to go to sleep early so they can wake up the next day for work. From now on, I can stop my work and lock myself in Eden Classic if you prefer? You can't stop people from having a life.... My sincere regards.

25 minutes ago, Mirako said:

No one is proposing to come in 1v1 because there is no one who participates. Everyone does the 1v1 with their own alts, but you complain about the French players who have benefited from a change of schedule for them, but we have not talked about the schedules of other PvP instances, I find your remarks inappropriate towards Guildouillot. Some people have a life and prefer to go to sleep early so they can wake up the next day for work. From now on, I can stop my work and lock myself in Eden Classic if you prefer? You can't stop people from having a life.... My sincere regards.

I literally said "The only primarily EU guild on the server is Guildouillot, and they are not consistent with attending already, which is fine."

You are not reading

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Matt said:

With regards to how Guildouillot operates, we all agreed to not use the Asura because of how buggy/unbalanced it is. The only people that ignored everyone else and ruined PvP are members of your guild, specifically Lawwey.

Guildouillot was not aware of these sayings, next time make sure all the guilds are informed.

9 hours ago, Matt said:

The finals of GvG are not at 1 AM, they are at 10 PM UK/11 PM Germany/FR time. I am unsure where you are getting these times from, they are incredibly off. The times for GvG were already changed in the past to be more accommodating for European players, specifically the French that were playing when the times were changed. They then utilized these time changes once, and have not been present in GvG since. There is no reason to further accommodate players that have been given the opportunity and squandered it by doing nothing with it.

I was certainly wrong about the finals hours but the problem remains the same currently the European players do not go there because too late for them, do you think that putting a TW this time every day is the solution? You are almost asking for an exclusion from part of the game community.

9 hours ago, Matt said:

It has been over 5 months and a European/FR guild has been to GvG once to actively participate in PvP. 

You should take some time to properly read the posts, along with some of the replies in this thread. If English is not your native language, reach out to someone who has a better grasp on it because for some reason, you are not understanding anything that is being written in this thread.

Because Guildouillot did not play during this time, however we continued to qualify for GvG and advance a minimum, you said of participating actively in PvP but nobody does it eriously except 1 or 2 guild (for proof there are still alt guilds in GvG)

English is certainly not my native language but I have the merit to trying to communicate, I could write what I translate in my orginial language but I doubt that we take it into accountso you can keep your haughty reflections for you.

9 hours ago, Matt said:

1v1 availability is a moot point. The only reason people use it is to abuse ranking rewards, or farm medals. There is no actual PvP aspect to 1v1; nobody uses it for that. If people were to use it for something more than farming medals, then maybe a suggestion to add an additional timeslot for it may be something reasonable. And complaining about the timeslots for arena is kind of silly regardless, there is no timezone that is suitable for every arena.

Again for 1v1 you just exclusion EU from this ranking, why only NA/BR/SA can easly tag 1v1 and collect their medals easily?

9 hours ago, Kibo said:

I literally said "The only primarily EU guild on the server is Guildouillot, and they are not consistent with attending already, which is fine."

You are not reading

When you tha it almost sounds like you don't want this guild to come, as you say it's the main EU guild so why put an hour that doesn't suit them is completely stupid.

The players of Guildouillot were asked multiple times during that TW not to use Shura.

11pm is too late? Doesn't seem like a terrible time to me. 

Another time slot for 1v1 could be added and that would solve the problem, but yet again for a different thread if that's what you guys want. You have to push for the things you want too, since you want to share your opinions either way.

The one hour difference is a make or break for you guys? We do want you guys to show up, but even as it is now I see maybe 3 or 4 Guildouillot members in territory war at any given time, maximum. Planning around "maybe I want to, but I don't" doesn't make much sense does it? If you want to make a point, show up to territory war. We'll be there. But it will be more beneficial for the majority of the server if it was pushed back 1 hour. 

7 hours ago, NicooE said:

When you tha it almost sounds like you don't want this guild to come, as you say it's the main EU guild so why put an hour that doesn't suit them is completely stupid.

It's not stupid. You don't go anyway as it is.  It isn't a matter of not wanting you to come; you are more than likely not going to regardless. I said it's fine because people have other responsibilities and obligations.. why would I be mad that people can't come because of that.. it's just a game. Your other guildmate just whined a couple posts before you that people expect you to have no responsibilities and stay up late for PvP - no one is doing this. Literally said it's fine.

7 hours ago, NicooE said:

I was certainly wrong about the finals hours but the problem remains the same currently the European players do not go there because too late for them, do you think that putting a TW this time every day is the solution? You are almost asking for an exclusion from part of the game community.

You guys do not even go to the early GvGs either if you are up against other players...

An hour difference is not going to make or break EU attendance. If you want to go to something, then you'll go.

Many NA/SA/BR players can't participate because they are at work and it excludes them. There is a big difference between not wanting to stay up and not being able to go because you are at work. I could even argue that you are excluding them by insisting on a TW time that you guys don't even utilize yourselves and that they literally can't go to even if they wanted. Which again - is fine, but should not be kept if it's clearly not working as is.

Stop talking about 1v1 and shura on my thread please. You are derailing it. This has nothing to do with either. Thanks

• Confused 1

• VGN GM

I kinda got lost/bored reading the back and fourth because within all the waffle it basically boils down to:

EU: "I don't want to stay up 1 hour later".
US: "My friends literally cannot attend unless they skip work".

Which was my arguement original before it was brough back 1 hour as mentioned above.

I'm pretty sure I've said these exact words to whoever proposed the change to me before:

16 hours ago, Kibo said:

There is a big difference between not wanting to stay up and not being able to go because you are at work.

From my personal experience as a player for many years on this game, a guild leader of a winning PvP guild that has won on many different servers. Work/School is the biggest obstacle for TW activity. It doesn't matter if TW is at 6pm or 4am if people actually want to attend they will. I've had people in my guild from every continent attending the same TW and GVG (excluding the obvious Antarctica) and I'm sure if Matt/Jake recalls back to their mainserver days they will be able to say something similar.

So I don't really buy this excuse of "I'll have to go to bed an hour later if I play TW". I know people who would wake up 3-4am for TW every single day.

However, as for the OP. I would rather hear from these so called players that are affected by this rather than a vague representation of them. So if they affected please ask them to show support on this thread. Such as like how Loonatik has done.

As for one final note...

On 11/18/2021 at 6:14 PM, Hecate said:

2 - Add another TW for week days and adapt the schedule, so everyone can play at least one per day. Adding TW means reduction of quest rewards. A good option will be 15h and 18h server time (21h and 0h for european).

3 - A territory reset on saturday morning is possible? It will promote the fights during weekend when everyone can be here... So we can concentrate the pvp activities when evryone can play...

1. Consistency matters. People will forget or people will show up on days that benefit them as they know a guild with South Americans in might struggle to attend making the sides sway depending on the day.

2. We've tried this on Awaken when Awaken's numbers where at its peak and it just created a divide of TW's which best suited certain guilds leading to a dead PvP.

3. We shouldn't need to encourage PvP on Weekends as thats what GvG is for. We need to encourage weekday PvP so the game has a balance of daily PvP.

• Like 2

A more on topic post:

I think a time change would be useful. The time currently prohibits me from attending TW 3/5 days of the week (excluding weekends) because of my school schedule. When my next semester starts along with my internship, I won't be able to attend TW 4/5 days of the week unless I skip class. If the time was moved back an hour (5 PM EST), I would be able to attend most of the TWs if not all, barring some tardiness some days.

Changing the time to 5PM EST definitely works better for me.

I love going to TW 👽💚 but my work schedule is packed now because we are in busy season. I try to finish enough of my work so I can come, but some days it's impossible to do so before TW. An extra hour is a lot of time for me to get my work done or at least get enough of it done so I can at least take a 30-minute break and login EE.