CPU Usage Rises Up While Playing Eden Eternal!

Coy Block

Hello friends,

I am encountering a problem while playing Eden Eternal on my computer. While playing this game, CPU usage rises up upto 80%. I can't find any helpful ideas that may help to solve the issue. Though the HDD is 120 GB, I don't have idea, whether this is the reason for the issue. Can anyone help me to fix the issue?

Thank you in advance

Thank you Matt for reverting back. I guess this is because of my Hardware issues and I am quite sure about this matter after getting the info from this article. Should I upgrade my system with an SSD? What is your opinion on this? Now after updating the device driver, the CPU usage decreased a little. Now it shows 60-70% while playing this game.

• VGN GM

It sounds like you don't really understand much about computers.

CPU usage isn't really an issue as it can depend on many different factors why you would have a high percentage of CPU usage. It's not very uncommon for a game to take up a lot of CPU time when actively playing or in an active area in the game and although Matt is right that the game is poorly optimized that doesn't really have too much of an effect on this.

To truely analyze your problem (Which is only a problem if you're feeling the effects of it in game) I would have to know more information about your system. Such as what graphics card does it have, how much RAM do you have and your CPU model, speed and core count. Upgrading your Hard Drive to a SSD wont really help the specific problem too much but would lower it a bit in terms of IO operations. It would help however, if your RAM is so low so the game might be forced to use Virtual RAM which would require more CPU power.