Event Boss Immunity

Psion's Booper

I've noticed a trend lately with the event bosses being Immune to Demonfire, but have really high HP. I've also noticed that said event bosses have debuffers that remove things like Damage Stacks, 4t potions, Ultimate Potions, and other beneficial buffs.

My question: Why tho?

I know the goal is so that we don't DPS the boss down to dust in like 2 minutes or less, but at the same time..making them absurdly tanky, able to transform players, and removing positive buffs is not fun for anyone. The last few bosses were even just left sitting in Aven. People have tried recruiting others in-game to fight Melody for example and no one really comes because she's annoying literally for no reason. The last event boss was the same (already forgot their name because I just wasn't interested in farming it—no offense really)

Can we please make further event bosses not immune to demonfire?

At least this way more people will be willing to actually do the boss. Because back in 2019~2020 when I first came around this game/server those event bosses use to be lit as hell. Everyone and their granny use to have timers at the ready because they died fast, didn't take forever, weren't absurdly annoying, etc etc etc.. 

We probably could stand to deal without the annoying transformation and buff remover too, but I don't want to ask too much. I just don't want worthy event prizes and stuff to go to waste because of something like this!

Thank you!
-Judgement

• Like 2

I think the bosses shud have the Immunity to Demonfire, BUT give max rewards to every participant even if it allows Alt cheesing.

They shud also have less HP, no immunity to anything, remove the massives AoEs that kill people for no reason, AND
Get an "Immune to dmg" buff every 25% of HP drop, for 20-25 seconds each, so ppl can actually participate without worrying about lag making them Miss Out like in previous years.

Its been a trend lately that Event Bosses appearing just means "stay out of Aven and dont ever go near that sh*t", its kind of weird how something thats Meant to be Rewarding just feels Punishing.

23 hours ago, SmolShibe said:

Get an "Immune to dmg" buff every 25% of HP drop, for 20-25 seconds each, so ppl can actually participate without worrying about lag making them Miss Out like in previous years.

Although i can understand the idea, it would make the boss boring for no reason

Just wanted to add my opinion as well and agree with some ideas that I thought were really nice! I think demonfire immunity is a good thing, I think the boss's HP is fine. 

On 1/5/2022 at 10:21 AM, SmolShibe said:

Its been a trend lately that Event Bosses appearing just means "stay out of Aven and dont ever go near that sh*t", its kind of weird how something thats Meant to be Rewarding just feels Punishing.

This has sadly been the case for the last few bosses, nobody wants to do them because they're just too annoying. This is honestly just fixed by making the skillset basic. It's an event boss meant for everybody, I don't think anyone would really mind if it was just basic attacks and an occasional AoE. No buff removal, no debuff removal, no transformations, just something simple. Keep the HP (even raise if it doesn't remove buffs/debuffs), still gives people time to poke it.

give max rewards to every participant even if it allows Alt cheesing.

This is also a really good idea! Assuming the rewards are all NT, this doesn't really hurt anyone. It allows new players, undergeared players, healer mains, etc. to get just as much out of a community event boss as everyone else. It's a little sad that something that we're supposed to look forward to as part of a holiday celebration is dead content after everyone's achievements are done the first day. Looking forward to the next one! /o/

• Like 2

I think the bosses shud have the Immunity to Demonfire, BUT give max rewards to every participant even if it allows Alt cheesing.

With this I can agree that Demon Fire immunity is good, it gives more people a chance to poke boss. However, it's a bit sad for the people who choose to heal these bosses because they've become such DMG nukes to the under-geared who are hitting them and results in less/no rewards for certain players (I.E. The nubs and healers).
It'd be a nice change overall to give max rewards to an entire party or to the person who pokes it even if just once. I understand alt leeching is a thing, but majority of people don't even do their mains currently, so if all rewards are NT anyway I don't see an issue with doing this change. -

On this topic of rewards; I'd like to ask that fireworks be removed from the boxes or swapped for life leafs of the NT kind at least, something more useful to players.

My only "real" complaint is that bosses like this should not be buff removing our potions/skills/etc. It was extremely hard to DPS Melody on Executioner as it was, I attempted that the entire first day and despite having 90% eva she took my stacks nearly every time she would remove buffs. So with that said, I'd like to agree with taking out buff removal and keeping their current HP pool/maybe a slightly bigger one if needed. o/ Thanks.

• Like 2