[QoL] Stackable NPC contracts

Reichhardt

Since I know of at least one example of guild leaders not being able to use up merchant contracts fast enough before being sent new contracts and merchant chests by guild members (and certain guild members cough cough having to hold onto those), I've started wondering why they weren't stackable.

Pretty quickly some reasons came to mind: would you be able to use multiple contracts at once? Would the timer stack? Would you be able to take contracts off the stack once you put the merchant in town? A heck of a lot of coding issues, basically.

Instead of that, how about making it possible to put NPC contracts in the arcane box to put them into a (tradeable?) stackable box that you can later open to use the contract? It'd be pretty much the same system that's already used for the 110T armor awakening stones. I'm pretty sure it would free up inventory/warehouse slots and keep merchant contracts from being discarded or put in AH for a literal 4 silver.

Already got one fan of the idea
bfD5Xb5.png

Edited by Reichhardt
  • Like 1

• VGN GM

I mean it may be possible to stack the item but not stack the durations plus I don't think stacking the duration is even a good idea aside from stuff like Famous Forger and things of that nature as usually NPC's are put up on the basis of what people need at the time and not just generic.

The game has a limited amount of item's that can be made due to data types. We have enough left to last a good while still but making a box for every single NPC will eat a large chunk of items in turn wasting limited resources.

I'm not sure about making them stackable though as even though in theory its possible I'm not sure what sort of bugs may occur.

We where looking into expanding the guild NPC storage but this is on the list of QOL changes.