Totem Surge bug (?)

hiersen

Hello,

So, as the title say, according to the skill description, the totem surge isn't working as intended.
For a reminder, here is the skill description :

Grants a Friendly Totem "Totem Surge" state for 20 seconds.

"Totem Surge" reduces the damage taken by 50% and grants the totem an additional aura that grants +30% P-ATK and M-ATK for 3 seconds

When i read it, my understanding of it, is that, along with the healing or resistance or silence aura provided by the totem, an aura with the same range will grant the bonus atk

However, IF the caster is slightly too far & isn't receiving the friendly totem aura (ex, the grace totem healing aura), the totem surge aura will be deactivated and will just stop working. A party member could be hugging the totem that it'll not change anything, since the aura would not be provided anymore.

So, my question is :
Is my understanding of the skill wrong? Is the text wrong? Or is it the way that i currently works that is wrong?

Linley

The text isnt very helpful, BUT, you do have to be receiving the buff of the totem AND within the effect range for the "Totem Surge", for the game to identify said Totem which is buffing you, and then for your skill to buff the Totem itself, its very round-about and I have intentionally failed this interaction before to confirm it.
If you re-enter the range of the Totem buff but the server tick has not given you the buff at the exact instant you cast Totem Surge, it will also fail.

Its been like this since pretty much forever ago, ever since the rework, and its never really been a major issue, just gotta be mindful that such a thing exists.

• VGN GM

Although the text style is a mix of my own style plus the original Aeria style and could do with an update I would assume on reading this that if you read the word aura you'd make an assumption that the aura range would be finite and because it is unspecified my first guess would be the same range as the totem's aura.

From looking at the range of it, the only one that doesn't match its original aura size is the Tranquil Totem which is presume was from a nerf and being missed (bug). There is no requirement to have the totems effect, but the range is the same.

Ok so, i think what i meant wasn't quite understood, 

If the totem master player stand ouf of a certain range, the other party members would not gain the "totem surge" buff anymore

Tested it yesterday & I wouldn't mind test it again with anybody that would like to see by himself

(How i did the test : partied with an alt, put a grace totem on him, used totem surge) 

The test resulted in the following

Once me (the TM) walk out of a certain range, the Totem Surge aura became ineffective & wasn't buffing the alt anymore 

• VGN GM
1 minute ago, hiersen said:

Ok so, i think what i meant wasn't quite understood, 

If the totem master player stand ouf of a certain range, the other party members would not gain the "totem surge" buff anymore

Tested it yesterday & I wouldn't mind test it again with anybody that would like to see by himself

(How i did the test : partied with an alt, put a grace totem on him, used totem surge) 

The test resulted in the following

Once me (the TM) walk out of a certain range, the Totem Surge aura became ineffective & wasn't buffing the alt anymore 

Could you provide me a video so I can see what you mean. Cause if what I'm reading is true then it's likely a bug that can be fixed.