Elysian / Angel stones ?

sshao

I'm curious
Why are these two incredibly strong items locked behind PVP? why aren't there any PVE equivalents?
Do i have to endure EE's terrible PVP and multiple lagfests again in order to acquire these two items i need for a better PVE experience? how does that make any sense?
Yes, i know that back in the old days before EE's death we had to grind class tokens in PVP for the awaken sets, but we're not going to use that as a counter-argument, are we? because if i remember right, a decently sized part of the playerbase (i'm not going into percentages, i don't have the data) disliked how X-Legend forced them into PVP in order to be relevant in PVE.
Idk man, just my two cents.

And i'm not saying that these items are gamebreaking, but come on, they're must have! Elysian stone is a DK certificate and the Angel stone is a BD certificate,
the fact that a PVP main can have higher stats in PVE than a PVE main with the same gear is hilarious and shoudln't be a thing, but hey what can i say, even WoW's PVE has suffered from the PVP community jerkoff so..

As much I share the sentiment of PvP shudnt be having impact on PvE, I do have to point out that the way Temple Angel Soul is not strictly PvP farmed.
You see, it drops from Daily check list missions, which you can see inside TA.
Those 4 are
1. kill 5 different players.     (gives 1 chest)
2. get 25 kills on anyone.    (gives 1 chest)
3. farm 250 points.              (gives 1 chest)
4. Takedown 1 boss.           (gives 2 chests)

These daily chests are the only source of Angel Soul, u cant kill them from farming bosses, meaning, u have no actual incentive to get into conflict if ur main goal is only to farm the Soul.
Number and 1 and 2 may seem bad yes, but friends, guild members, even alts count torward it, and they can enter TA as early as level 1, meaning if u get a Tandem/Multiseater mount, u can just log an alt and ferry them to their deaths.

Number 3 is as simple as going to TA during times when bosses dont spawn, meaning completely different days, or after at least half an hour when u can be sure the majority of ppl left, farming the mobs during a time when other players are extremely unlikely to disturb is decently safe.

For Number 4, the vast majority of the people on the server do not enjoy forming death squads and specifically targeting other players and trying to ruin others' day as much as they can, what conflict we have in TA is usually from the fact, that theres more than 1 pt farming it, which again, is ok becuz neither is going to waste time trying to murder each other, the bosses are the main loot after all.

Despite 2 of the daily rewards locked behind PvP, TA is inherently PvE, becuz the main reward only comes from bosses, u can always choose to avoid pts/individuals u have no hope of fighting, and ppl are incentivized to fight over the bosses, but not to wantonly camp spawn spots and murder each other to satisfy their ego.

For Elysian, ya thats a lost cause bye.

• VGN GM

Although I agree with most of what Smol said (Aside from his dig about Elysian lol) neither of these items actually require PvP in any shape or form. The only PvP aspect about these two items is that they are aquired in a PvP zones.

As mentioned you don't really need to PvP for the Angel Soul as you can just farm PvE and if you want to grind it faster (Kill alts or friends). Same goes for Elysian really, if you have a group of friends you can try farm the bosses in there to get the Devil Soul and then once thats done you can trigger the Golden Bucket event and hunt those out for extra tries.

None of the above really requires you to actually PvP now does it?