Monster Battle Arena

roar87

Hello,

I make this suggestion about Monster Battle Arena which was removed from pvp with others modes like 10v10 or 1v1 because of inactivity or abuse (for 1v1), so would there be a possibility to reinstate Monster Battle Arena?

This pvp mode is certainly abandoned but still brought some variety and interesting gameplay, different bosses (some are broken) so that required a good mastery and knowledge, and what is interesting is that we get a random boss for more variety.

So I think it's a shame to have removed the MBA despite what it offers, and I think some people will always enjoy queing to MBA.

o/

Per Patch v80: 

Monster Battle Arena

I've been watching the rankings for this mode for a couple of months now and from my own experience have found that this mode is just generally never going to be popular. It had a small niche of players on Classic for a couple of months but it inevitably died way before the games activity dropped and even making a boat load of changes as suggested by MBA players it didn't really help much at all and just ended up becoming an Class Medal boosting ground.

So I have made the decision for atleast the time being to Permanently Disable this mode for the near future. If anyone has any suggestions that could maybe bring new life to this mode then I'm open ears but as many would likely agree the mode has pretty much been dead since 70/75 cap on Official Server.

I have read the v80 patch, but from what I understand from your quotes, and from what is highlighted, there is no way to bring back the MBA without new suggestions that can bring back this mode.
I understand that no one is interested in the MBA, but to remove it completely without letting those who want to participate in spite of that, is a bit of a shame.

Thanks for the answer

• VGN GM
18 hours ago, roar87 said:

I have read the v80 patch, but from what I understand from your quotes, and from what is highlighted, there is no way to bring back the MBA without new suggestions that can bring back this mode.
I understand that no one is interested in the MBA, but to remove it completely without letting those who want to participate in spite of that, is a bit of a shame.

Thanks for the answer

It was removed because the only interest people had in it was queuing alts for free ranking rewards. So the alternative to removing the mode entirely was to make the mode serve no purpose. Then if we do that then chances of people queuing a mode that has never been active on this server (over 6 years) is reduced even more. So rather than clutter the PvP schedule and take up time that could be reserved for other PvP modes we decided the best solution was to remove it.

It was active on Classic server when it opened for around 4 months or so, I even sat down with some of the active MBA players to make changes to the mode that where well recieved by MBA players and none MBA players. However, these changes only brought activity to the mode for an extra 2-3 weeks before it died. So overall balance was not the issue.

Personally I feel it is a shame that its gone because it was fun and it was unique. But sadly people just didn't like it and from previous experience it wasn't really a balancing issue.

So as the quote suggests, if something game changing is suggested and I feel like its worth the time investment then it has a chance to return.