Pity System

SmolShibe

So Ive been sitting on this idea for over a year now, and with the release of CC, I think its time.
The Inspiration:

Spoiler

If any person has played Gacha games before, they know exactly wat I am thinking about, becuz this system I am proposing functions very similarly.
In Gacha games, they release "Banners" of characters with varying Raritys that u can essentially gamble for with some type of currency, and in most of these Gacha games, there is something called a Pity System.
This Pity System ensures that bad RNG doesnt fuck ppl over too hard, because after you pull on the same Banner and have spent enuf currency/pulls, the game gets you a character of a guaranteed Rarity, or in some games, even the character/unit featured on the Banner itself directly.
Why and how does this have anything to do with EE? well, simply put, I was inspired by what a clever design the HoO Trophy Upgrade system is, before I even thought about this Pity System thing, because both reward you for "participating enuf", in Gacha games, you get some kind of character reward for pulling enuf, and in the case of the HoO Upgrades, u get the Upgraded Trophies once u have killed enuf of bosses!

The main benefits and reason for this idea even being cooked up is simple, bad RNG.
Yes its an MMO, we need to spend some time grinding out content to actually obtain things, but sometimes...its like being trapped in a Mine without an Air Filter and Water, trying to dig your way out, with no end in sight, no light at the end of tunnel.
The grind no longer feels rewarding, and more like a punishment.

Spoiler

Some ppl have shared their experiences with bad RNG and wish there was some way to give them some kind of solid backup, some hope, some way, that, still involves grinding, but doesnt involve Purgatory and endless pain, with no guarantee of relief.
100+ WB kills in 110T are commonly shared stories,
HoO bosses like Phoenix and Nerokas being very annoying and never dropping, stopping ppl from doing achieves, even after hundreds of kills,
Sakuya being alrdy hard to find pts to do with, not to mention bad drop rates, resulting in literal 3-8 months of grinding just to get the right Trophy,
DS formula boxes never giving that missing last blueprint of gear u want, always giving dupes of something else you alrdy obtained.
Some of the grind is not too bad, some of the grind makes people quit the instant they finish it, because all that effort seems so meaningless to them at the end of all that suffering, and some of the grind...makes people quit outright.

The Solution wud have to involve participation, which in English means killing the bosses enuf times, and most importantly
Completely eliminate RNG after sufficient effort has been made.
Add the HoO Upgrade system to this, and you get...

1. Pay currency thats NT and proof of completing the content,
110T Dragon Coins, DS Completion Badges (Souls are tradable via boxes), HoO Souls, Abyss Souls, CC Sparkles, etc.

2. Obtain Quest, kill Boss X times.
The consideration for each will vary depending on how the bosses spawn, availability, usefulness, and difficulty.

3. Hand in, get desired item directly, no more RNG.

Below I want outline some details and numbers for each piece of content.

110T:

Spoiler

The weapons and 110T Trophies themselves have class drops, so no touching that. The completed Armor is tradable as well, so no tweaking that either.

But the WBs...they spawn randomly, have objectively terrible rates, some are way too cancerous for how useless their set is, powercreep making some sets no longer as powerful, AND to top if all off, many undergeared players like to ninja items they desire instead of just acting like a decent human being and waiting for their turn.
For all these reasons, I wud like to suggest Quest requirement to be 10 Dragon Coins for Rings, and 20 Coins for Trophy.
As for the killing, due to the nature of RNG spawns, I believe 15 kills is enuf for each ring individually, and 20 kills are needed on the boss for Trophy.
Or perhaps just 20 kills for the entire set wud make such quests and trade system easier to implement.

HoO:

Spoiler

The same 50 souls shud do for the base Trophy, its alrdy that number for the upgrade, no need to change it.
For the kill count, since HoO now allows up to 36 boss encounters a day, but is still a harder piece of content, instead of the 20x1.8=36, perhaps the number of kills shud be shaved down to 30.

Abyss:

Spoiler

Ye Abyss is a giant pain in the behind to a lot of ppl regarding Trophy drop rates, some of my friends actually quit becuz of it.
There are way too many cases of pts having 4 ppl fill bag just to help 1 person (thats Sakuya Pact ofc...), grinding for weeks if not months, to get that 1 trophy the 5th person can never seem to get, its mindbogglingly bad.
For Quest Requirement, 200 like Upgrade will do just fine.

Despite the fixed boss appearance, the Abyss bosses are also time gated by the schedule instead of being available every day, making them appear only 6 times a week.
Compare this to 110T, where there are 11 bosses, 20 entries each day, 7 days a week, 20 / 11 x 7 = 12.73,
or to HoO, 11 bosses, 36 spawns, 7 days a week, 36 / 11 x 7 =22.91,
Now, granted the other 2 are RNG spawns and therefore are actually lower or higher depending on the desired boss, its safe to assume that 6 is quite the low number of boss appearances even for 110T.
Due to this fact, the trophy kill requirement shud be 30 kills, or 5 weeks, which is still a decent amount of time that players need to grind out.

DS:
Doesnt need a Pity System

Spoiler

Altho DS is being powercreeped by CC, I think the issues of DS are about buffing it directly.
Since the Formula boxes are tradable and drop at a decent pace, I think it doesnt really need any change other than making boxes give more mats or making recipes cost less.
Perhaps some ppl may disagree, and share about how hard they had to struggle to get the correct blueprint, but thats another discussion, becuz DS sets are no longer the hot fuzz.

CC:
Unfortunately this content is too new to be hotfixed with a Pity System even tho prices of Formula Boxes are soaring at an alarming rate.
The End Roulette when completing the dungeon is more often than not complete gutter trash, supported by the fact that u know, there was a literal post with screenshot of 3 DSR mat boxes by Renzo, just yesterday!?
This whole thing requires another feedback thread.

• Like 3

• VGN GM

From the few gacha games I have played. They don't have pity systems to help people with bad luck. They have pity systems because maybe 2-5 people out of 100 people will get the item without the pity system (Especially when you're talking about mobile versions). A few of these games post their drop rates publically, I can tell you that the rate to get something that does gate your progress in these games tend to have a drop rate that is lower than Eden's system even supports. So it's a bit unfair to even remotely compare them unless you want me to go the full 0.001% drop chance route too.

I see 110 World Bosses brought up a few times and I wanna clarify this. These are directly inspired from content that was already in the game. There drop rates are the same as 70-S world bosses, there system is the same as 70-S world bosses the only difference is that 70-S world bosses have Monday off but have 2 days with 5 trials instead of 4. The rates are directly copied as this is the system I wanted to recreate. So when you say 100+ World Bosses is not uncommon. Well you're saying that to the guy who for the most part duo'd 200+ Silins for a single Drake Eye Ring and wasn't really that bothered. This content is optional, it's not like an armor set or weapon is gated behind it and its not like any of the gear gates you from playing the game. So why is it unfair to have to grind for it, it gives you something to do and clearly if people are needing to kill 100+ of them to get what they want then it must be working right?

As for HoO we just opened all dungeons for all days. That should be a boost enough to not need to require the kills to be reduced. These dungeons have the current (main) weapons that people use, so there will always be people running it and should not be a struggle to find parties. Along with some of the class changes too bosses that require MDPS classes are now a bit easier too so even peer parties should be able to defeat all the bosses unlike before.

Abyss I haven't looked into a while. I was going to look into it during the major revamps of older content but I was recommended not to as its the most current. But I could look into the trophies specifically to see what can be improved.