problems with the new celestial gear (and gems)

warbeast667

From seeing the new content being released with new goodies I was quite excited but after seeing a bit of it in action there is quite a few things that rub me the wrong way.

With the Libra and Aries off handed gem debuffs now stick to people like soap lather because now every healer (except lw) can pw by cast even if they aren't using their cleanses, and if you manage to hit all the healers at once with an aoe cc there's a chance those debuffs will be gone over time. Unlike Gal heart Libra off hand doesn't have a cd but it doesn't affect the caster.

Now for the 6 piece rant, out of all the set effects the ones that involve latching onto enemies (Leo and Aries) have some of the shorter ranges. Combat Cyclone and Leo's Roar buff share the same range, and as for Aries' Shield as a Shielder I possibly won't be in a 15 meter range from the enemies unless it's the tanky Reaver swan diving the party. Can we make this proc off of attacks and cast because if not I feel like the only classes going to be using Aries 6 piece is Elegant Dancer, Dragon Soul, or Reaver. For the other 4 sets we either got full parties getting wiped by Thunder Elementalist wearing Gemini's Sadness cape, or a cap war between Sagi Anni and Libra Sage VS Aqua and Eis Totem Adjudicators since now there's 2 %hp healing t's

• VGN GM

Althought I can see an issue maybe with the Libra Gem being a bit overtuned I think the Aries one is fine due to being proc'd on being attacked so I think if you're being attacked enough to get that 1% it should be fine. Maybe a cooldown could maybe be a nice addition to it or one of those "cannot reproc" sort of ordeals since once you have it theres a chance people can re-trigger it, that was why the duration was made 5 seconds to begin with.

Aries has the same range as the others so I wont really mention it here (I don't really see much of a problem with this specifically especially since you listed the main classes that would actually use this by design missing off-shielder).

Leo on the other hand has a short range by design as it would be too strong otherwise.

I would like to point out though that Double DMG is really being oversold here. It's good but most Triple Hit's are either 100 50 30 or 100 50 25. So comparing to something from back in my day, Whirlpool Cape (Which is the 30 option). Your gaining 20% more dmg total from the proc for the same chance at the cost of never being able to wear the Sadness Ring.

I would like to hear others thoughts though on this as this is gear that people work extra hard for. So I simply cannot run around nerfing/buffing things unless its justified.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Jordan said:

I would like to hear others thoughts though on this as this is gear that people work extra hard for. So I simply cannot run around nerfing/buffing things unless its justified.

As far as AE with Gemini is concerned, there have not yet been AEs walking around with 6-piece Gemini and wiping full parties. I am not sure which individuals this person is referring to but none of the prominent AE players that have had opportunities to fight against full parties have used 6-piece Gemini up to now. AEs using the Gemini combo isn't the reason why these full parties have been wiped. That being said, when many players begin using it I suppose we'll be able to observe the results.

• Like 1

People complain Mdps is dead in PvE (its a fact stop trying to say its fine ty), but its perfectly ok in PvP, healers are needed everywhere, and Pdps is very much alive, only tanks are literally useless.
The Aries neck can "when attacking 3% to debuff dmg dealt by 15%, lasts 5 seconds",

Theres probably tons of ways to apply special debuffs/buffs unique to tank class gear so that ppl cant use it on dps classes (dmg dealt -10% passive), but still useful in a set for PvP, and individual pieces picked out for specific content in PvE, like the neck debuff cud be a huge help for certain CC bosses

Spoiler

"when attacked, x% to grant y% reflect buff to pt members for z secs, cannot re-activate while buff is in effect, has/hasnt cd of w secs"
"when attacked, x% to grant y% dmg reduction buff to pt members for z, cannot reproc, has/hasnt cd"
"when attacked, x% to grant y% hp regen buff on skill cast to pt members for z, cannot reproc, has/hasnt cd"
"when attacked, x% to grant y% movespeed to pt members for z, cannot reproc, has/hasnt cd"
"when attacked, x% to grant pt members in y distance, z number of debuffs removal"
"when attacked, x% to debuff pheal by y% for z, can/cannot be cleansed"
"When attacked, x% to inflict debuff that makes target lose y% max hp every time it hits an enemy, lasts z secs, can/cannot be cleansed, does not work on bosses"

But right now CC is too new and we need to wait a bit before we adjust anything, gotta let ppl get the stuff first.