Psion's Booper

So over the LITERAL year overtime I've noticed that there are no In-Game question~answer / etc events for players to enjoy? (Outside of Forum Events that come once every blue moon and Discord giveaways that happen in tandem)

I wonder..why?

There is a lot of collectable items in Event Point system, yet no one can literally get them because none of the Game Sages host events Mikitotefu and i Guess Doudou use to, but Mikitotefu has been busy so now we are left with...Doudou

I presume the new GSes can't host events yet because they're...new? But please correct me if I'm wrong.

We also have a diamond altar right now that..doesn't have a new rotation (it technically should of changed today) .. it's kinda like the effort put into altars and diamond altar has really just been plummeting—especially diamond altar because there's nothing really exciting on it except for the hype of Ghost Horns.  Can something maybe be done about this?

Suggestion:
—Past Event pets on the Diamond Altar maybe?
—Different box items that haven't really been featured much on Diamond Altar?
—Legendary Pets on Diamond Altar?
—> Maybe a different kind of diamond altar set up that doesnt have GARBAGE Eternal Points and Crystal Cross Medals on the top row?? 

Lately, gambling has been much of a chore and the lack of event points circling around because lack of events is honestly kinda sad.

@Jordan @MrDoudou

• VGN GM

I don't really have any input on events hosted other than I guess a second opinion or approval. I also have next to no input on Diamond Altar or Mystery Boxes, again I can give opinions but other than that it's all Vivi and Doudou.

As for events I can say the last events hosted where hosted by the newest staff as we log all events.

Diamond altar is in the rough spot that theres simply nothing really enticing to put on it. Due to how this server operated when it first opened a lot of costumes just don't have diamond altar value and it just becomes a "Ghost Horns when" ordeal. I suppose you could put legendary pets in the rarer slots and you might get some interest but I'm not really sure.

I will say this though as a general point and not directed at anyone.

Theres a lot of bad attitudes in this game and I've saw some of the comments people have made in game and in other chat platforms about events (Game events and Forums events specifically). You gotta remember the person hosting the event is only human and the constant negativity shown is going to unmotivate people to bother wasting their time hosting said events. Now I'm not speaking on behalf of anyone as again I do not really keep up with the events. However, if the comments where made towards me then I quite frankly wouldn't bother.

There is a difference between feedback and being an ass which I'm sure those who make these comments are fully aware they are being the latter. Again I do wanna stress this is just a general point as I've saw many names and faces over the past years acting in such a way.

Either way I'll let the people who are involved comment on this post, just thought I should reply since I was @.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'll admit that I can a be a bit asshole-ish when it comes to my attitude, but it's not necessarily something because I want to be. It's typically frustration. The new events are fine its just that I'd personally like to see more IN-GAME events because we use to have them quite often (maybe like once or twice a week or every two weeks or so). It's just that I personally don't see that anymore and it's disheartening too because there are a lot of items in the event page that people want—but can't get because no one's hosting those in game events anymore.

I apologize for pinging you specifically it's just that you are OUR game master and I felt like you needed to know as well as our Head GS about how I felt personally, but a good amount of other players as well.

Our new age players are a mix of such
—> Don't know / realize that GSes can actually host events / do host events.
—> Don't use the Forums so they don't know about events / event points in general.
—> Don't actually know what is available in the event system to make suggestions about maybe more potential events in the future.
—> Are demotivated about the fact that the events we do get aren't like..worthwhile (A.K.A. Things like diamond altar and such..because I've heard so many times now along the lines of "oh my god its the same stuff again..".).

It's not my truest intention to hurt feelings or to demotivate staff or anything, honestly. It's just that I feel like there could be more effort put into smaller things like these events to boost the morale of players or boost chat activity and participation in things like Q&As. 

...TL;DR
..It'd be nice to see more events in-game.  A decent amount of folks want stuff like peta pets or moonlight panther or abyss evil wings....stuff like that. We can't get them if they're not on diamond altar or if there's no events. Just awesome items not being present.

17 hours ago, Psion's Booper said:

I presume the new GSes can't host events yet because they're...new? But please correct me if I'm wrong.

They can host Events, but they need to be with and old Staff member.

17 hours ago, Psion's Booper said:

We also have a diamond altar right now that..doesn't have a new rotation (it technically should of changed today) .. it's kinda like the effort put into altars and diamond altar has really just been plummeting—especially diamond altar because there's nothing really exciting on it except for the hype of Ghost Horns.  Can something maybe be done about this?

Concerning that, there have already been changes, maybe you didn't notice them, but now you don't always find the same Pets, Concerning the Costumes, it's difficult to have several costumes that are cool for the DA. Although I wish we had more costumes so we could do better rotation without having to use Mystery Boxe costumes.

egarding your suggestions, Vivi does not want to put Legendary Pet in DA, for the cosmetics of Events, I think it is preferable that it remains available during Events only, and for the new DA, ... meh

Now for the Events:
I got a lot of backlash for hosting events and Miki did not so instead I just decided its best to let her handle it.
Now that she stopped due to being busy suddenly people want me to come back and its unfair to be treated that way.

However I will try to do some in game events in the coming weeks but if I do start getting treated the same way again then I simply will just stop again as its unfair on me.

Thank you for understanding me and my point of view.

Now, I can also tell you one thing, you can ask Vivi or even Jordan that I'm trying and I want to make more events and new type of events, but for some of them I need a GM to be able to realize them, but they don't necessarily have the time for that, concerning the fact that the players are not aware of the Forum and other, you the players could also help them and inform them, that there are the possibilities to make suggestions and other.

Sincerely, MrDoudou

Edited by MrDoudou
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MrDoudou said:

I got a lot of backlash for hosting events and Miki did not so instead I just decided its best to let her handle it.
Now that she stopped due to being busy suddenly people want me to come back and its unfair to be treated that way.

Who are you getting backlash from when hosting events? If it's like extremely bad backlash, don't you have the power—as Head GS— to do something about it? I remember when you and Mikitotefu both hosted events, and now there is none. Mikitotefu is now busy with life; leaving you, as you said. Right now, you're probably getting a lot of backlash regardless for other things, but not hosting more in-game events when time calls for it is probably one of the bigger issues here.

I apologize if you received backlash for doing what you do—and honestly it's not really any different from any other job if you ask me o-o.. Why not prove people wrong who slander and try to derail your enjoyment or positive stature of your status by doing things like events or being more relatively active on your GS account? Make the people who trash you look stupid. Or don't. I'm not the boss here. 😆

Regarding your suggestions, Vivi does not want to put Legendary Pet in DA, for the cosmetics of Events, I think it is preferable that it remains available during Events only, and for the new DA, ... meh

I do not mean to sound rude or anything, but why aren't Legendary Pets allowed if they go for only like 60k at most...meanwhile GHOST HORNS are like 600k+ in terms of gold? It's not like there'll be a tidal wave of pets because people are naturally going to roll higher for ..lets say the wedding dress, the suit, or etc. I know Vivi does mean well, but at the same time, I don't really think she knows too much about the economy of Eden Eternal. Sure, we could say that the price of ghost horns would drastically drop if they were a Mystery Box item as well  .. But it's not, and it won't. Pet prices are probably not going to drop either. I mean, we still have had Mystery Box items in NORMAL Altars..

If Normal Altar Items can be put in Boxes "because a request was made for it in boxes" then why the hell can't box items be put in the DIAMOND ALTAR. It's  kinda like backwards logic that doesn't really have much logic... 

@Vivi @MrDoudou Come on down! I'mma ping both of you now! \o/ There's just so many questions that I think deserve answers o-o; 

They can host Events, but they need to be with and old Staff member.

Concerning that, there have already been changes, maybe you didn't notice them, but now you don't always find the same Pets, Concerning the Costumes, it's difficult to have several costumes that are cool for the DA. Although I wish we had more costumes so we could do better rotation without having to use Mystery Box costumes.

How long is this going to be a thing? Until they become old staff? A6ViinF.png

Again, pretty much to the question above honestly. Throw a wrench in the whole diamond altar thing bruh. I personally don't see there being a reason why there'd be a problem with adding mystery box items into the diamond altar. Considering that there is literally SO MANY mystery box items. . .

1Pm4Vw3.png

This is part of a list of items that exist on boxes .. One is missing ..KdtBFz0.png Orange. Why is that one specifically missing from its mystery box? Why aren't the others included in the altar? What makes it special? This only adds to the confusion because people aren't too sure of an item being on boxes or altar because things like gzHh2wd.png <— this nightie ends up on the Crystal Altar despite it being a box item as depicted here:
//Mysterious PJs Mystery Box
Mysterious Cute Nightie (Legendary)
Mysterious Comfy Pajamas (Legendary)

Could they be slip ups? Maybe! As it was stated GMs and GSs are humans, and I understand that—so I'm sorry to be that guy who points stuff out like this. I don't intend on focus on your mistakes and such. But there are just certain costumes that don't really deserve to be on Mystery Boxes because of the PRICE DIFFERENCE. It really isn't fair to the economy, especially if a costume does not have..let's say..recolors. Blazeblights on boxes?! Cool. Hello Kitty stuff? Awesome. Candy Man suits? Alright! All that makes sense because I guess they have different colors and stuff that could wow the users into buying them.. but Starlight Prince? Shadow Mage/Hunter Garbs??  Honestly. . .come on.

Now.. I don't wanna further derail this thread so uh.....

Now, I can also tell you one thing, you can ask Vivi or even Jordan that I'm trying and I want to make more events and new type of events, but for some of them I need a GM to be able to realize them, but they don't necessarily have the time for that, concerning the fact that the players are not aware of the Forum and other, you the players could also help them and inform them, that there are the possibilities to make suggestions and other.

Man we've been trying to get the server to use the forums for years now and a lot of people won't budge. That's why you have people like me on here doing threads like this to begin with. Maybe have like an announcement  that is set to periodically go off to go like "Hey! Check the forums for stuff like suggesting things to our Staff so we can better our game and its contents!" that goes off every 6 hours or some shit like that I don't know I'm not a game designer. >:V 

More in-game events like Q&A ... Hide 'n Seek ... Link the Item ... etc etc can totally work in pretty much everyone's favor. Just a suggestion, really.

Thank you!

-Judgement

Also, it has been brought to my attention that there IS a particular in-game event that GMs like Jordan (Or Vivi, I guess? I remember Jordan was the one who hosted this sort of thing before in the past) can host.

Holiday. Boss. Events. 

You know.. The one's with like Fester? Santa? All those older-older event bosses that people have been looking for as well..
Exhibit A: S4cg8mk.png

There are still a number of people who need Holiday Bosses as a part of missing points for achievements and stuff for Ranking that would really love to get them done. And let's be real here.. Boss summon events are fun. I remember Jordan literally summoned Draconem  in Aven and that alone killed a bunch of people, but in the fun way. Santas running all around Aven...

..Is there just no time for those now either? Because uh, if I can remember correctly GSs (and Head GSs) cannot summon monsters/entities in-game. Only GMs. 

Again, still not intending to be rude, I legit am just kinda throwin' ideas out. 

1 hour ago, Psion's Booper said:

To answer your question, only the GMs can do this kind of event, sometimes I piss Jordan off with it, but they don't really have the time to do it unfortunately.

I wish I could organize more events like this or other new events but I don't have the rights ^^ So let's pray that our GMs have time.

Edited by MrDoudou