Medic duo DGs

GoddessSand

Create a DG where just 2 players can do it, but loot and difficulty is the same as a solo run.

reason - With new players and medics having a hard time to do a solo run on these higher level dgs and the difficulty of team mode with 2 people is too hard. Also, when trying to get a team together it can take longer than I can run a DG 4 times myself.

Another is that often players play as a couple in the game and like to play together, but not with any others as much. So, it would allow people who like to play together can help each other by farming in a DG together without making it more difficult for the two to run it.

• Like 1

A long time ago when I played ASB, it was easy to get a team together since we had such a large game population but since I've come back, I mostly do solo DG runs since getting a team together now is almost impossible and most team mode DGs are just too hard for 2 players unless they're geared to the max. I think GoddessSand is on the right track here and maybe having dungeons that are made exclusively for 2, 3 or even 4 players with scaling difficulty might take her idea even  a step further. 

I can run Spaceship as a medic but it takes such a long time for pitiful drops that it really isn't worth doing. Maybe the loot table should be looked at for that dungeon, just saying.

1 hour ago, Filomena said:

I agree, make the "solo mode" avaliable in 2 players also, if it's possible.

I think they need to make a 2nd NPC for this DG because just opening up the solo to allow team mode would prevent a solo player from entering on their own and I don't really want to mess with the team mode difficulty and loot because it should require a full team to complete. While the 2 player DGs should be just as difficult as the solo as well as same loot so that it's not encouraging solo players to attempt to complete it for better loot with slightly higher difficulty that many geared players can do on their own.

Though I personally only want this for lvl 60+ dgs, I can see it needed for lower level DGs for new players that are playing with a friend.

• VGN GM

The only way this could possibly work is indeed another NPC using the same exact map as solo - but listed as team and allowing 4 people inside. There's no way to force it to only allow 2/3 people in. Its either solo or up to 4.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vivi said:

The only way this could possibly work is indeed another NPC using the same exact map as solo - but listed as team and allowing 4 people inside. There's no way to force it to only allow 2/3 people in. Its either solo or up to 4.

That works for me. I personally wouldn't use it with anybody other than 1 or 2 other people that maybe new to the game and help them as a tutorial or help them complete it. Otherwise I would farm it with a friend who is an ME and could use a partner to DPS bosses faster. It would make it a lot better for them since a Solo run for a ME can take on up to 30 to 40 min while a solo run for others can take up to 15min. Plus, I get to play with somebody instead of playing alone most of the time.

Only SW and PU can make Tartarus in less than 15 minutes

The others take between 20-25-35-40 minutes

Being able to do Tartarus with 2 People would be something better for everyone, it does not harm anyone

They should enable the Tartarus Hard Solo but (Duo) it means that it has the same difficulty and drop as the (Solo) the only differences is that it will be able to be done faster

Not all of us have children and put it to run TTH or TTC with us :v

It is to put another NPC or the same "NPC SOLO" that has the option of "Duo" same difficulty and drop

Why run alone if you can go hand in hand with someone else xdxd

2 hours ago, xF4T4Lx said:

Only SW and PU can make Tartarus in less than 15 minutes

The others take between 20-25-35-40 minutes

Being able to do Tartarus with 2 People would be something better for everyone, it does not harm anyone

They should enable the Tartarus Hard Solo but (Duo) it means that it has the same difficulty and drop as the (Solo) the only differences is that it will be able to be done faster

Not all of us have children and put it to run TTH or TTC with us :v

It is to put another NPC or the same "NPC SOLO" that has the option of "Duo" same difficulty and drop

Why run alone if you can go hand in hand with someone else xdxd

Depends on how you do it. If you got the MMs to spare then it should be able to be done quickly, though you'll get tossed around like a pinball till you reach a boss. For me if I went just for bosses it's a 13~15 min run, if I go for slugs and Ancient jewels it's 20~25 per run, 30+ min for killing everything insight.

For TT take the NPCs for the team modes, except for the team challenge NPC, and turn them into the same difficulty as the Solo counter part and make them allow the 4players or less.

• 2 weeks later...

As someone who has done hundreds of solo SS runs and gets most of their joy playing SB nowadays helping out newer players (especially those struggling in Nemesis, as that is my main hunting ground) I think this is a fantastic idea that could greatly help newer players get into the game!