Elika Merchants

Psion's Booper

Hello! (Gonna just go ahead and @Jordan so you can see this)

I know that works on newer content can be taxing, but I did want to ask to know if merchants from Elika can be lowered in price?
These merchants can be a little pricy for upkeep currently and as of right now I currently manage 3 active/popular guild towns for the server. (Previous leaders became inactive/busy so I offered to keep them going instead of dying like numerous others.)

As you can imagine, the prices can add up a bit over time and I personally do not see an actual reason for these merchants to be 700g~1kg each. I also personally don't think it's necessary for them to be that high because of the fact we cannot use Guild Funds for these wonderful (but still expensive) merchants. 

Offline, Celestial, BlackMagic | These guilds use Alchemist, Forgers, Magic Pools, Farms, and Mines. Everyone (at some point in time) need these merchants for some form of game progression.

Suggestion: Perhaps 200~450g per merchant? (The most expensive ones should be ones like Famous Forgers, etc. I wouldn't even be pressed if they were 700g and everything else cheaper!)

Also:

Is it possible to extend the duration of Farmers/Master Farmer + Miners/Master Miners to 7 days so they expire at the same time as everyone else? (Just wondering since it can be a little annoying to replace them twice as much as the other merchants!)

(I also wanted to say thank you for actually compiling some of the merchants together too, that update was actually very nice!)

Thank you very much for reading as always!

-Judgement

• Like 1

• VGN GM

Well the original intention behind Elika was never really to be the be all end all method of aquiring merchants but rather just a pay for convenience sort of alternative.

I didn't want to remove famous forger farming from the game nore did I want to make merchant boxes and such completely irrelevant either and from what I have saw in the past few years was that was still a thing.

Maybe with the latest improvements to Elika it may have pushed her more than ever since when I originally made her I was still learning about the game and it was more of a mashup than anything but now its a consistent list. So I'm not sure.

They also don't use guild funds on purpose as they do help bring gold out of the server as aside from a guild trying to level up guild funds are pretty irrelevant.

As for the Miners and Farmers I can look into it. I've always been under the impression atleast that it wasn't really a necessary change as they're basically free (above comment). But I guess it could be a hassle for someone maintaining multiple guilds to have log in alts and put them up.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jordan said:

Well the original intention behind Elika was never really to be the be all end all method of aquiring merchants but rather just a pay for convenience sort of alternative.

This part I do understand, though I don't quite have a list of where all the merchant boxes actually drop and I'm now unsure if they're actually even viable now because of the Ease of Access with Elika (as you said, convenience). Plus, msot people aren't going to want to farm for weapon/armor merchants anymore purely because Elika has them all clumped up together from Lv30 to Lv90 (lv108 for armor). 

—> There is the occasional Forger, Alchemist, and Craftsman that I do find on the Auction House for like 100~500g (rarely higher, but hence my suggestion for them to be 700g at the very least)

I didn't want to remove famous forger farming from the game nore did I want to make merchant boxes and such completely irrelevant either and from what I have saw in the past few years was that was still a thing.

I don't actually think people are famous forger farming, I've seen them very sparsely with people leveling up their characters / alts but as far as that goes it's a nada for me.
—> Maybe you could add Famous Forger/Alchemiests/etc to Temple Arena Merchant boxes? (It'd give me and other people incentive to go back into TA outside of helping newer players get their enhanced trophies and such too. Plus..with the recent update it kinda made the farmer/miner/summoner merchants kind of lackluster)

They also don't use guild funds on purpose as they do help bring gold out of the server as aside from a guild trying to level up guild funds are pretty irrelevant.

I figured this was another gold sink, still expensive as all hell though when you're putting merchants up every week. 🤣
I don't want merchants to be 100g each, just 400~500g for EACH  merchant
(especially the damn gem/enchant merchants) 5fLhqDe.png <— Pain

As for the Miners and Farmers I can look into it. I've always been under the impression atleast that it wasn't really a necessary change as they're basically free (above comment). But I guess it could be a hassle for someone maintaining multiple guilds to have log in alts and put them up.

Yes. I actually sometimes forget to replace them on time because I'm so use to All of Offline's merchants expiring in 7 days. So, when a player actually reminds me I end up feeling bad lmao. Plus, there's like only 1 active mine in the game and that's Celestial. So 100% uptime with it during the week would be awesome.

Thanks for your reply and I hope we can come to a compromise! 

-Judgement