Future gear (Weapons)

Quasimoto

Gonna start this off with I'm sure with the powers that be are well aware as to the current state of how end-game weapons are currently favored and the state of them. My suggestion is simply when future weaponry is created can we have it to where each weapon is a solid alternative to one another instead of because this weapon is so good compared to this other one theres no point in using it (Looking at you oblivion) or to have weapons help their classes come more in line with others.

I.e. when we look at the Axe of Oblivion say vs The Mad defender or the  Eternal Tyrant even, all of the axes effects are guaranteed not only that but it also increases the users own patk and atk aspd along with the reduction in slash res which begs the question; Why would an anuran zerk for example still use a greatsword for which the class prefers when the axe outclasses imo by a good margin it because the greatswords effects have a small chance of happening, mvspd is moot in pve, and if we take the ET we take a patk hit for a little better skill damage.

(Before this little section I am a fan of each class having 2 weapons for each Awk) The other issue I find of the classes that happen to have only one weapon for their 2 awakens, first ones that come to mind is MA, Sage, and Engineer with such as the Icy fist I found to kinda be a hybrid and try to fill the role for both classes but misses the mark entirely I'd rather just use the 110 cestus or the hammer which we could've had something really great with it being as it iirc has the highest patk in-game which couldve helped AOJ shine but its effects besides the reduction in resistance lackluster at best.

Finally we get to the magic classes which I find need better support for their damage as they seemingly look to be in a bad spot, with say the grimoire I dont believe I've ever seen used and the staff essentially have very litte in support except the ability to run out of aoes better 😂 now the staff as it is would still be solid for our pvpers but I believe we should have one that caters to the games pve aspect as well, as its already bad enough for them to reduce resistances. To end like I said before i feel as the weapons in the future should be inline with one another and be a solid alternative than an afterthought either by better effects in general, guaranteed ones across the board, or even unique effects.

• VGN GM

Well the next set of weapons have already been designed and are in the process of development I can confirm there is slightly more options than HoO weapons but not as much as previous patches, probably a bit more in line with the 100 Awakens where there is 2 of each weapon type.

Greatsword will always be single choice options because the other alternative weapon is the Luminary weapon. SInce the Holy Blade class does hybrid damage the slash resistance reduction on Eternal Tyrant is for that.

I would argue that your some what discounting a lot of use the HoO greatsword would have. If you have enough attack speed you will find a 10% proc effect will apply pretty often and to stack to 4 shouldn't be too hard either. Yeh its not as instant as the Axe but its better and on top of that idk about you but I know I for one would take double hit damage over the 10% P-ATK (As your point for Move SPD the same could be said about ATK SPD as if your at this point of the game you're likely to have near cap base without additional effects).

So as a frog you would be leaning towards the Greatsword for the additional 15% weapon attack over the Axe and the extra 10% Slash Res that in any boss fight that lasts more than 15 seconds you'd have plenty chance to stack it. But the games not weapon restrictive. So if you think I'm crazy or stupid then thats why you can use the Axe on a frog warrior.

Can see your point with MA. But depending on outcome it's probebly still better to use one of the 110 Cestus for PvE as both the Awaken 100 Cestus and the 115 HoO Cestus are more PvP oriented weapons since they're Move Speed and Block debuffs.

AOJ Hammer on the other hand has a +15% basic attack damage. That base effect makes it better than most of the other Physical Weapons in the game. So yeh its going to have a more lackluster effect, which to be quite honest a single proc instant 20 pts of P-RES isn't that bad to be frank.

Lastly for gun I don't really understand the complaint. If I had made 2 guns it would have been the same as it is now where one gun gives -10 pts of Pierce and the other gives -10 pts of Elemental. It's not been hindered in anyway being a hybrid. The Engineer classes at the time these weapons where made where both the top of their field in both Magical damage classes and Physical damage classes. They are going to have slightly weaker weapons to compensate the difference. So you cannot compare the procs between these weapons and say the AOJ Hammer number wise.

Grimoire is a perfectly good choice for both Time Manipulator and the Demon Summoner class. Before I quit this game the Time Manipulator was my class of choice. I have no doubt that I'd be using the 115 Grimoire and then the Awaken would be a swap weapon as it has a nice proc. But you don't see these classes much so ofcourse you're not going to see the weapons as much either. Since your never guna use a Grimoire over a Staff when given the option.

To end I just want to say I always had the mindset of giving as many options as possible. But in most cases there is 1 definitive choice to rule them all. So I thought why bother slaving away making the glow effects for weapons I know aren't going to be used. I had to manually create the effects, even the ones that look the same as on another weapon I had to remake them from scratch on the new weapon.

So there wont ever be enough options to satisfy everyone but I would like to hope I'm doing a better job at coverage than X-Legend did but obviously thats up to peoples opinion.

On 8/1/2022 at 7:25 PM, Quasimoto said:

Why would an anuran zerk for example still use a greatsword for which the class prefers when the axe outclasses imo by a good margin it because the greatswords effects have a small chance of happening, mvspd is moot in pve, and if we take the ET we take a patk hit for a little better skill damage.

As much as I would like to agree with you on this front I actually have to say that I've actually seen a few Anuran Berserker players use Mad Defender and Eternal Tyrant LOL. There's not that many froggo players, but I'd probably use them myself just from the fact that those weapons are single-handedly one of the cheapest ones out there; yet provide relatively beneficial stats still much like Jordan said. You normally don't see these weapons because everyone in Eden Eternal has a really big problem with copy/pasting and following metas. Do I think this is a bad problem? No not really. But that's just the way it is, so everyone and their friends will have an overwhelming desire to use the Axe Of Oblivion. T

—> Truth Be Told? I ran Haven of Oblivion with the Berserker using AWAKEN 100 Axe and it went just as fast as a run with people who used the Axe of Oblivion? What does this entail? It means the likelihood of most (if not every) party has already hit cap -RES Shred even without the axe itself. People not using the greatswords is not the content's fault, but the players!  I find these weapons pretty okay in this era.

couldve helped AOJ shine but its effects besides the reduction in resistance lackluster at best.

Trust me, when I say I actually prefer the Lv115 Hammer as opposed to the ones in 110 Trials and 100 Trial awaken, I mean it. Basic Attack DMG is actually a lot more powerful than you think since Angel of Justice already has its very own DMG Stacking potential. No one uses Angel of Justice because there is a "meta" that people follow and that's just how the game is played. For Optimality. I think the fact the hammer has -20% Strike RES Reduction is a perfect fit. It activates pretty often. Sometimes, simplicity is nice for niche classes like AoJ. 

I will say that I wish that there were 2 options for Cestus like the awaken 100 trial and Trial 110 versions too for the 115, but honestly it's okay because the 110 (Cruel Crusher for example) is still a very powerful cestus and the DMG Output compared to the last cestus is pretty high! Triple hit on skills are very powerful ..especially on triple hit skills 🤣

20 hours ago, Jordan said:

If I had made 2 guns it would have been the same as it is now where one gun gives -10 pts of Pierce and the other gives -10 pts of Elemental. It's not been hindered in anyway being a hybrid.

and Engineer ...

I think Gun is okay?
—> My only complaint with gun is that you do actually have to make 2 different Flawless Crimes to optimally have the best setups for Mecha Ares and Annihilator. (Trust me, the gems make a big difference now since the recent Celestial Corridor Patch. Even beforehand anyhow, I had a feeling that it was going to come down to making two guns to play really play each class effectively. I mean, sure, you could use your annihilator gun as mecha if you were a more causal player and there's nothing wrong with that...but those gems man..
Mecha Guns usually have: Magnus + Holy skill (overdrive) + Topaz + Gemini 2-hand (now after CC update) + Maybe Agile Savior~ Intuition Res gem?
Annihilator Guns usually have: Magnus + Holy Skill (Project ANN1-H), Sagittarius 2-hand (now after cc update) + Great Crusader + Courage Res Gem(s)? 

Another reason why gun works fine even as it is anyway is because Mecha Ares is inherently bad at scaling with M-ATK as it is. Creating a gun that gives M-DMG Dealt would be nice since Mecha scales a LOT better with M-DMG Dealt  ..But let's be real here..does mecha really need more dmg? 💀 

All points aside, I still think the gun can be built as hybrid with no issue outside of like.. PvP. 

Finally we get to the magic classes which I find need better support for their damage as they seemingly look to be in a bad spot, with say the grimoire I dont believe I've ever seen used and the staff

Don't take this the wrong way or personally, but I think the STAFF is an okay one to use for classes like Gravity Manipulator. Classes like Equilibrian, that can alternatively use a staff too probably should stick the 110 one because it's better for a support -RES class like it.  Magic Classes are going to be in an awkward spot in most PvE because of the reasons I've mentioned above: Meta Followers. I myself would love to do more content with magic-based DPS, but PDPS classes like Berserker + Blade Master + Executioner just deal so much damage that it almost seems not as optimal to use those classes. Truth be told, I've done bosses with magic dmg in the past and it even rivaled time of that same boss with physical classes. This goes to show with the right people, things can be done effectively either way regardless of what setup you do it with. But, a lot of people see magic classes as slower / requiring more investment than the point > dash > pew-pew > done type of classes we have in the physical field.

...The grimoire gives triple hit dmg and man oh man if you didn't play Demon Summoner or Time Manipulator—then I can see how you can overlook this. Triple hit DMG is a very serious dmg boost..and considering most (if not all) skills from BOTH of these classes do Triple Hit DMG, one activation alone is enough to cripple an unsuspecting player. Funny enough, I have outdamaged Darkness Blades in PvE (with similar gear, by the way!) with a fully stacked up Demon Summoner for reference in DMG. (Until my pet ran out, then DS's dmg kinda tanks lol)

I think some weapons are good and some weapons are bad when it comes to each level cap and that's just how the game is. I mean, Blade Acrobat still uses the Lv95 Sword of Elegance to farm dungeons for example! It's still best in slot theoretically for clearing shit out and we're at 115 weapons now lmao.

Trying to make weapon balances for PvE and PvP can be a little annoying and that's just the way it goes in games like this. Having a mix in it on some weapons is pretty neat and makes some pretty niche to use while some of them get skipped (like the 115 cestus for example. This was just a tragic setback. But you can also say that the 115 shield is 'meh' compared to the awaken 100 shield too!) Some of these weapons are just better because of the higher base ATK too, keep in mind. 🙌🙌

I think this feedback post was still nice, I just wanted to add my own 50 cents on the matter as well. Thanks for all the hard work you do by the way, Jordan! 

Thank you,
Judgement

• Like 1

I'd like to say thanks for the responses first and foremost, and I think you're doing a great job Jordan (You to Judge) and the hard work you put in for this server has to be commended and I do think you've been doing better in coverage than X-Legend did. Now the post I never meant to be as if I sounded as I was complaining more so just where my thought process was at the time from what I've seen and experienced in game, and I'm not blaming you really I blame us the community mostly for some of this and pushing certain aspects away instead of peeling layers past the first one you can obviously see. I simply was always the big fan of the sheer amount of options and diversity the game offered to its players and always enjoyed seeing the different ways and aspects to how people developed their classes, mains, etc...

I believe for some of the weapons like you and Judgement weapons would easily be overlooked by myself and others coming in because of how lackluster or non-supportive they seem on paper without actually seemingly going out to test them I myself is also guilty of this. I should know as well as anyone playing the game proccing effects can be extremely easy.

I definitely understand you won't be able to satisfy absolutely everyone, and I wanted to throw feedback out there especially since we should give more to aid you and others who may be apart of the development to help bring the game to a position where as many ppl as possible can enjoy and experience it.

• 3 weeks later...