Eden Eternal on Windows 11 ARM?

Ekamekia

Anyone have any ideas about getting Eden Eternal running on Windows 11 ARM?

The patcher runs and updates but when you click on Play Awaken or Play Classic the patcher closes and Eden Eternal doesn't come up.

I've tried all combinations of running as administrator, compatibility settings, and emulation settings for both pather.exe and _laucher.exe. Under some settings _Laucher.exe runs [the post patcher.exe executable that actually runs Eden Eternal] it runs as Eden Eternal Vendetta(32bit) in Taskmanager for a second before terminating.

Thanks

~Eka

• VGN GM
On 8/8/2022 at 5:29 PM, Ekamekia said:

Anyone have any ideas about getting Eden Eternal running on Windows 11 ARM?

The patcher runs and updates but when you click on Play Awaken or Play Classic the patcher closes and Eden Eternal doesn't come up.

I've tried all combinations of running as administrator, compatibility settings, and emulation settings for both pather.exe and _laucher.exe. Under some settings _Laucher.exe runs [the post patcher.exe executable that actually runs Eden Eternal] it runs as Eden Eternal Vendetta(32bit) in Taskmanager for a second before terminating.

Thanks

~Eka

If your talking about ARM as in the CPU architecture then I don't think its possible to run unless you can find some sort of (x86) emulator. To keep it super simple, the ARM architecture is different to the traditional (x86) architecture that the game is compiled in. So for it to run on an ARM CPU you would have to have an emulator sitting in the middle that would translate the game code between the two or have the game compiled for both (x86) and for (ARM).

I'm not 100% sure why the patcher opens so maybe windows has an emulator built in and its just down to configuration or maybe because of how the patcher is built on a more modern compiler and the software used to build it it may support both in the same EXE. However, I don't know much about ARM as most ARM devices are phones and tablets and I've never really had intention outside of game engines like Unreal and Unity for building for an ARM device.

My advice is to maybe see if theres an emulator for ARM devices, I did a quick google search and it looks like this could be of use.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/arm/apps-on-arm-x86-emulation

But to answer the question, by default the application will not run on ARM but there might be away around it. I will say though most cases ARM devices are phones/tablets/raspberry pi so I wouldn't really recommend running the game on these devices as they likely don't have the specs for it.